Poor Ol' Rooster

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

My right arm works okay, it's just that I'm under 160 lbs. myself, so umm ... yeah. I won't be testing the 350 lbs. capacity of the device. I have to be able to get it up the first step. :oopsy:

I have a bookcase I built that needs paint, but it weighs 40 pounds. Perfect for this gizmo, and I can deal with 40 lbs.
Off Topic
Ol' Wifehorn says I don't eat anything after surgery, so I'm trying to put on some additional weight before my surgery in 30 days. Surprisingly, it's not easy. Gastroparesis or sumpin'. :( If I eat too much, I lose everything. Today I made a slow-cooker beef stew, totally delicious and economical ($11 of eye round makes 4 - 5 large meals), but will it translate to me gaining weight?

Tune in next week on this same channel for the next thrilling episode of Stuff the Rooster.
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
sugar magnolia

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by sugar magnolia »

Cornbread
stale bread
sausage or oysters
celery
onions
eggs
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

If those are ingredients, I'm gonna love the recipe. :lol:

No, I know, those are add some weight foods, amirite?

But wait! I'm a diabetic who pays attention. No bread or corn bread, or at least not as a major part of my diet. My grains weakness is filled with Cheerios and Bite Sized Shredded What? :confuzzled: And I never take a bite of either without fresh fruit.

No pasta. No rice, or very little. Some potatoes. Rarely. I gotta keep my A1C down, and I do. I have iron self-discipline.
pipistrelle

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by pipistrelle »

Many small “meals”? Would that help?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:42 pm Many small “meals”? Would that help?
No, because I'm slow to digest, is the problem. So it's more about how much total food in a 24-hour period, not whether it's in 3 meals or 6 or 9.

Good thinking, though. That's the first thing I thought of. :thumbsup:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

My stomach issues are ... essentially controllable, which is a very different thing from saying fun.

I'm very unhappy with my current gastroenterologist, but it is taking a long time to switch, and then to get an appointment with a Duke Health gastroenterologist. Until then, I shall muddle through somehow, using what I have learned thus far. The problem is already 100x better than when I spent Easter 2023 in the ER. I got this, until a new gastroenterologist got this. Erp. :sick:
pipistrelle

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:41 pm If those are ingredients, I'm gonna love the recipe. :lol:
Sounded like stuffing as in stuff the rooster. 8-)
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

I didn't know that celery (or onions) would help me add weight, but I like celery and will increase my intake.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:24 pm My right arm works okay, it's just that I'm under 160 lbs. myself, so umm ... yeah. I won't be testing the 350 lbs. capacity of the device. I have to be able to get it up the first step. :oopsy:

I have a bookcase I built that needs paint, but it weighs 40 pounds. Perfect for this gizmo, and I can deal with 40 lbs.
Pro tip: have some straps handy to fix the cargo to the contraption, you will want both hands free to move it and not a third hand to keep it from slipping away. God Shiva is your helper ;)
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by keith »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 11:56 pm
Foggy wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:24 pm My right arm works okay, it's just that I'm under 160 lbs. myself, so umm ... yeah. I won't be testing the 350 lbs. capacity of the device. I have to be able to get it up the first step. :oopsy:

Pro tip: have some straps handy to fix the cargo to the contraption, you will want both hands free to move it and not a third hand to keep it from slipping away. God Shiva is your helper ;)
Pro - pro tip. Paint the darn bookcase UPSTAIRS. Carry the paint upstairs. Yes use a drop cloth and be careful, but carrying a paint can is a lot easier than a bookcase.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, I can do that. :biggrin:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by northland10 »

I have a few extra pounds I would be more than willing to share. I don't like be greedy and hoard things.
101010 :towel:
roadscholar

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by roadscholar »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 11:56 pm
Sounds like Foggy use the help of Ganesh. Too. Also.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

tek- :bighug: Hope you feel better soon.

Foggy- Gastroparesis is a sure fire way to never gain weight. :bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:06 am Foggy- Gastroparesis is a sure fire way to never gain weight. :bighug:
Yeah, and the drug they give me for that works by lowering my dopamine, which is bad for me. I still take the drug, but :(

Return to “Introduce Yourself”