INDICTED (INDICATED) #3 USA v Donald Trump - Judge Tanya Chutkan - #J6 Election Interference, Fake Electors - Jack Smith

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
SuzieC
Verified:

INDICTED (INDICATED) #3 USA v Donald Trump - Judge Tanya Chutkan - #J6 Election Interference, Fake Electors - Jack Smith

Post by SuzieC »

neonzx wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:37 am I still luvs Judge Tanya, even if Susie does not any more. 8-)
WTF? Me bad for inartfully stating my LOVE for Judge Chutkan. I read the opinion with glee and gratitude that we have Obama, Clinton, and Biden judges on the bench.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:20 am
SuzieC wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:17 pm I could not possibly love Judge Tonya Chutkan any more.
Hmm, there's an ambiguous bit of grammar! I'll go with the approval interpretation :thumbsup:
reminds me of a facebook group I've seen around "The last thing I want to do is hurt you ...but it's on the list"
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Off Topic
Kriselda Gray wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:36 pm
Sam the Centipede wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:20 am
SuzieC wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:17 pm I could not possibly love Judge Tonya Chutkan any more.
Hmm, there's an ambiguous bit of grammar! I'll go with the approval interpretation :thumbsup:
reminds me of a facebook group I've seen around "The last thing I want to do is hurt you ...but it's on the list"
A friend of mine who went through a very bad divorce once put up a sign that said "I still miss my ex-wife, but my aim is improving."

He's since read the room of his circle of friends -- none of whom actually liked her, though we tried, but none of which actually want even the mental image of him harming her -- and taken it down.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
much ado

Post by much ado »

Off Topic
Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:47 pm A friend of mine who went through a very bad divorce once put up a sign that said "I still miss my ex-wife, but my aim is improving."

He's since read the room of his circle of friends -- none of whom actually liked her, though we tried, but none of which actually want even the mental image of him harming her -- and taken it down.
I've been rewatching all of the James Bond movies. That joke is explicit in "The World Is Not Enough" (1999) where Bond (Pierce Brosnan) shoots bad girl Elektra King (Sophie Marceau), who he originally thought was a very good girl. In this short scene Bond frees "M" (Judi Dench), his boss, and confronts Elektra, with unfortunate consequences. "I never miss."

June bug

Post by June bug »

SuzieC wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:25 pm
neonzx wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:37 am I still luvs Judge Tanya, even if Susie does not any more. 8-)
WTF? Me bad for inartfully stating my LOVE for Judge Chutkan. I read the opinion with glee and gratitude that we have Obama, Clinton, and Biden judges on the bench.
You said it perfectly, SusieC. Per Grammarly:

“Just remember: If you’re talking about a quantity of something, use ANY MORE. If you’re talking about time, use ANYMORE.” :thumbsup:
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

June bug wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:49 pm :snippity:

“Just remember: If you’re talking :o about a quantity of something, use ANY MORE. If you’re talking about time, use ANYMORE.” :thumbsup:
:fingerwag: to Grammarly: there is no difference between the two in speech. In spelling yes, in pronunciation, no. The lexical space is not phonetically realized in connected speech. Or am I being unfair in expecting accuracy from pedants?
Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

SuzieC wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:25 pm
I know I'm just a silly geologist, but neonzx's comment isn't about grammar. It's about SuzieC's misspelling of Tanya, which was probably an autocorrect issue.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:36 pm reminds me of a facebook group I've seen around "The last thing I want to do is hurt you ...but it's on the list"
:rotflmao:
101010 :towel:
June bug

Post by June bug »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:40 pm
June bug wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:49 pm :snippity:

“Just remember: If you’re talking :o about a quantity of something, use ANY MORE. If you’re talking about time, use ANYMORE.” :thumbsup:
:fingerwag: to Grammarly: there is no difference between the two in speech. In spelling yes, in pronunciation, no. The lexical space is not phonetically realized in connected speech. Or am I being unfair in expecting accuracy from pedants?
But SusieC was writing, not speaking.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Tell that to the voices in my head that read the writing out loud.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Chutkan good, orange man bad. :smoking:
Never trust a llama with a knife and a sombrero.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Judge Chutkan rules tfg does not have absolute immunity:

https://ecf.dcd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/sh ... cr0257-171
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Busy morning.
https://twitter.com/highbrow_nobrow/sta ... 07231?s=20
The Intellectualist @highbrow_nobrow wrote: ☎️On the morning of January 6, 2021, former President Donald Trump spoke with:

1. Stephen Bannon
2. Rudy Giuliani
3. Representative Jim Jordan (R-OH)
4. Senator Joshua Hawley (R-MO)
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Scott MacFarlane @MacFarlaneNews wrote: THREAD:

In 9-page court filing, Special Counsel Jack Smith details some of the evidence he'll introduce at Trump's election conspiracy criminal trial here in Washington

Including the allegation a Trump campaign employee encouraged "rioting" in Detroit, in Nov. 2020

More ====>
Scott MacFarlane @MacFarlaneNews wrote: New Jack Smith court filing: "To ensure the destabilizing impact of his widespread election fraud claims in the run-up to the 2020 election.. defendant repeatedly refused to commit to a peaceful transition of presidential power if he lost the election. The Govt will offer proof"
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

The filing is notice required by Federal Rule of Evidence 404(b) of other crimes, wrongs, or acts. Sometimes referred to as “uncharged misconduct,” this sort of evidence is usually offered by the prosecution, not to show that the defendant is a bad guy (which isn’t ordinarily allowed **), but to show that the defendant knew what he was doing when he did what he did. It helps, supposedly, to paint a more complete picture.

** Don’t get me started on Federal/Military Rules of Evidence 413 and 414, which only apply in sex assault cases, and do allow the prosecution to present evidence of similar crimes - even baseless rumors - as character evidence to show that the defendant had the propensity to engage in acts of sexual assault. I really think those particular rules promote convictions based on the likelihood of fire among all this smoke, jury instructions on reasonable doubt notwithstanding. But that’s just me. No military appellate court ever agreed with me.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
raison de arizona

Joyce Alene @JoyceWhiteVance wrote: Trump has moved to stop any further proceedings in his DC prosecution while he appeals Judge Chutkan's rulings against him. My favorite bit is where his lawyers say they'll assume everything is stayed unless they hear back to the contrary. Oh to be the judge who gets to respond!
raison de arizona

https://x.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/173 ... 27454?s=20
Scott MacFarlane @MacFarlaneNews wrote: No surprise. But noteworthy.

Trump is appealing Judge Tanya Chutkan’s denial of his claim of “Presidential immunity” in his election conspiracy criminal case in DC.
NOTICE OF APPEAL
raison de arizona

Gee, wouldn't it be nice if we could just make this all go away until after the election?
PRESIDENT TRUMP'S OPPOSED MOTION TO STAY PROCEEDINGS PENDING APPEAL
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

She wants briefs.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Chutkan left off the part that it is further ORDERED that Judge Chutkan will issue the deny the motion at 08:30 on Wednesday...
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:53 pm
Joyce Alene @JoyceWhiteVance wrote: Trump has moved to stop any further proceedings in his DC prosecution while he appeals Judge Chutkan's rulings against him. My favorite bit is where his lawyers say they'll assume everything is stayed unless they hear back to the contrary. Oh to be the judge who gets to respond!
IANAL but Trump's motion cites Coinbase, Inc. v Bielski. That was an arbitration case and concerned section 16 of the Federal Arbitration Act. It had nothing to do with appeals in criminal cases.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

What has the Trump circus been missing?

SovCit, SovCit, SovCit… we got ‘em now! (pg 187)

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 80.0_2.pdf

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Oh, it's included because it's part of the docket.
realist

Post by realist »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:12 pm Oh, it's included because it's part of the docket.
And permission to file was denied.
Image X 4
Image X 32

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”