💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - MAGA Mike Johnson Saved by Shadow Speaker Hakeem Jeffries

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Gregg

The 118th Congress with McCarthy then Fuc*ing Fuc*wad Mike Johnson, Speaker of the House /Clowns

Post by Gregg »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:13 pm "Dammit, we lost our government again?!"

"Well, we had to make it small enough to fit in a 9-year-old's uterus!"
But Kevin's balls are over here...
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
AndyinPA
Verified:

The 118th Congress with "My Kevin" McCarthy then "Fuc*ing Fuc*wad" Mike Johnson, Speaker of the House /Clowns

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.businessinsider.com/mike-jo ... 23-10?op=1
Kelly Johnson, the wife of the newly elected House speaker, ran a Christian counseling service that is affiliated with an organization that advocates against abortion and homosexuality and whose practices are built on the teachings of the Greek physician Hippocrates.

It is not clear if Kelly Johnson will continue her practice. Not long after Rep. Mike Johnson became House speaker last week, Kelly Johnson's website became inaccessible. Johnson, her husband of more than 24 years, rose overnight from a virtually obscure House lawmaker to the position that is second in line to the presidency. The couple is deeply religious; both Kelly and Mike Johnson previously worked with religious organizations and causes the religious right advocates for. Along with her counseling, Johnson is also listed as an advisor to the Louisiana Right for Life, an anti-abortion organization.

Kelly Johnson's website listed a specialty in Temperament counseling, a specialty that she received training for from an organization founded in the 1980s by a Christian couple. According to the materials the organization provides, the National Christian Counselor's Association is adamant that its offerings take place outside of more traditional state-licensed settings so that counselors and clients can be fully engaged through their faith.
I don't know why, but I was under the impression he was not married. :confuzzled:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

The 118th Congress with "My Kevin" McCarthy then "Fuc*ing Fuc*wad" Mike Johnson, Speaker of the House /Clowns

Post by Flatpoint High »

Check out the podcast...
https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cH ... Y3Mi9yc3M=
also available on Spotify
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:22 pmI don't know why, but I was under the impression he was not married. :confuzzled:
Here's his fambly, minus his black "adopted" "son."
Estiveoshot_20231030_131202.jpg
Estiveoshot_20231030_131202.jpg (131.43 KiB) Viewed 1814 times
Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Thanks.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... hallenger/
Former Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) is getting a primary challenger in his reelection race for his House seat representing the state’s 20th congressional district.

David Giglio, who previously lost a congressional bid for the state’s 13th District, is running as an “America First Republican” who will “fight alongside President Donald Trump in 2024 as he WAGES WAR against the corrupt uniparty,” according to Giglio’s campaign website.

Giglio also took direct aim at McCarthy, who was ousted from his post Oct. 3, when eight Republicans joined Democrats in favor of a motion to vacate the chair of Speaker. The rebel group of Republicans was angry about McCarthy’s last-minute, bipartisan deal to keep the government funded.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4283 ... -activist/
House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) and House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer (R-Ky.) launched a probe Monday into a D.C. investigation of a conservative judicial activist.

The two Republicans sent a letter to Washington, D.C., Attorney General Brian Schwalb to demand answers on his investigation into Leonard Leo, a conservative judicial activist, and nonprofit organizations that Leo is associated with. Politico reported in August that Schwalb opened the investigation into Leo and two nonprofit groups, but the investigation’s scope was unclear.

They wrote that their respective committees are “concerned about potential infringement on free association and donor privacy.” They accused Schwalb of having “apparent political motivations” for looking into Leo, claiming that other state attorneys general have targeted conservative nonprofits and their donors in the past.

“The Committees are concerned that your office’s investigation may be improper and politically motivated,” the lawmakers wrote. “First, it appears that your office does not have jurisdiction over this matter because Mr. Leo and the organizations with which he is affiliated are, according to publicly available information, based outside of Washington, D.C.”

“Worse yet, the Committees are troubled that your investigation could infringe upon the fundamental rights of donor privacy and free association,” they continued.
bob

Post by bob »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:37 pm David Giglio, who previously lost a congressional bid for the state’s 13th District, is running as an “America First Republican” who will “fight alongside President Donald Trump in 2024 as he WAGES WAR against the corrupt uniparty,” according to Giglio’s campaign website.
Giglio came in fourth in the 2022 primary (only the top two move onto the general election) for the seat ultimately won (narrowly) by Duarte.

Assuming McCarthy runs again, I don't see Giglio cracking the top two again.
Image ImageImage
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

noblepa

The 118th Congress with McCarthy then Fuc*ing Fuc*wad Mike Johnson, Speaker of the House /Clowns

Post by noblepa »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:13 pm "Dammit, we lost our government again?!"

"Well, we had to make it small enough to fit in a 9-year-old's uterus!"

That reminds me of a joke back in 2000, I think, when W was running for prez. I think it was Jay Leno who said that Republicans wanted to make government smaller; just small enough to fit in your bedroom.

Its not really funny. The R's seem to be obsessed with sex: gays in general and same sex marriage in particular, transgender people, abortion, teenage sex, drag queens, child molesters (who all happen to be Democrats), "grooming", the list goes on and on.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Methinks the lady doth protest too much...

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I don't have a link and no time to find one at the moment, but heard on the teevee this morning that the aid package for Israel is tied in with repealing Biden's IRS deal for increasing staff and getting the wealthy to pay their due in taxes.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://twitter.com/bresreports/status/ ... 8614324387
John Bresnahan (@bresreports)
.@Sen_JoeManchin isn’t objecting to cutting $14B from Inflation Reduction Act to offset new aid for Israel
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Kendra wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:47 am I don't have a link and no time to find one at the moment, but heard on the teevee this morning that the aid package for Israel is tied in with repealing Biden's IRS deal for increasing staff and getting the wealthy to pay their due in taxes.
Yeah and hell to the no!

If they are allowed to get past slamming a door in their face, opening it and slamming it again, they'll tie every dollar of funding from now until the end of time to cutting something they don't like.

If this is allowed to even be talked about, Jack Smith and the DoJ will be next and from there shit will get strange.

Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Gregg wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:28 pm
Kendra wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:47 am I don't have a link and no time to find one at the moment, but heard on the teevee this morning that the aid package for Israel is tied in with repealing Biden's IRS deal for increasing staff and getting the wealthy to pay their due in taxes.
Yeah and hell to the no!

If they are allowed to get past slamming a door in their face, opening it and slamming it again, they'll tie every dollar of funding from now until the end of time to cutting something they don't like.

If this is allowed to even be talked about, Jack Smith and the DoJ will be next and from there shit will get strange.
as usual, we jews are bing held for ransom
castigat ridendo mores.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Flatpoint High wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:00 pm as usual, we jews are bing held for ransom
Ransom?

The world called for a cease-fire. No ransom.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

neonzx wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:46 pm
Flatpoint High wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:00 pm as usual, we jews are bing held for ransom
Ransom?

I think he is referring to the games being played with US budget legislation.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Dave from down under wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:56 pm
Ransom?

That was my thought, as well. "Yeah, you can give this money to Israel, but it'll cost ya this thing that we wanted to get rid of anyway so now we're going to make Israel our bargaining chip."
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Flatpoint High is a femalian artist who lives in the Big Apple somewhere. I think her pronouns are all femalian, too also. :mrgreen:
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Flatpoint High
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:38 am
Dave from down under wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:56 pm
Ransom?

That was my thought, as well. "Yeah, you can give this money to Israel, but it'll cost ya this thing that we wanted to get rid of anyway so now we're going to make Israel our bargaining chip."
yep.
castigat ridendo mores.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/does-new- ... t?ref=home
Newly elected Speaker of the House Mike Johnson (R-LA) does not have a bank account.

At least, that’s what Johnson reports on years of personal financial disclosures, which date back to 2016 and reveal a financial life that, in the context of his role as a congressman and now speaker, appears extraordinarily precarious.

Over the course of seven years, Johnson has never reported a checking or savings account in his name, nor in the name of his wife or any of his children, disclosures show. In fact, he doesn’t appear to have money stashed in any investments, with his latest filing—covering 2022—showing no assets whatsoever.

Of course, it’s unlikely Johnson doesn’t actually have a bank account. What’s more likely is Johnson lives paycheck to paycheck—so much so that he doesn’t have enough money in his bank account to trigger the checking account disclosure rules for members of Congress.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

More likely he hasn’t declared..
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Rep. Ken Buck won’t run for reelection, criticizing GOP’s election denialism

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4287 ... press.coop
Rep. Ken Buck (R-Colo.) announced on Wednesday that he will not seek reelection next year, putting a bookend on his congressional tenure that, in recent times, was defined by his criticism of the belief among some Republicans that the 2020 presidential election was stolen.

Buck’s announcement is a reversal from his previous plans — in September, he confirmed to The Hill that he was planning on running for reelection.

:snippity:

Buck is the second GOP lawmaker to announce their retirement from the House on Wednesday. Earlier in the day, Rep. Kay Granger (R-Texas), the chair of the Appropriations Committee.

The Colorado Republican referenced the election denialism that has percolated through his party.

“I always have been disappointed with our inability in Congress to deal with major issues and I’m also disappointed that the Republican Party continues to, you know, rely on this lie that the 2020 election was stolen and rely on the Jan. 6 narrative and the political prisoners from Jan. 6 and other things,” Buck said on MSNBC. “If we’re gonna solve difficult problems we’ve got to deal with some very unpleasant truths, or lies, and make sure that we reject to the public what the truth is.”

The decision by Buck, who was first elected to Congress in 2014 and represents Colorado’s 4th Congressional District, also came against the backdrop of criticism against members of his party over moves toward a House impeachment inquiry into the Biden family, particularly in September when Republicans struggled to break an impasse over funding the government.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

“If we’re gonna solve difficult problems we’ve got to deal with some very unpleasant truths, or lies, and make sure that we reject to the public what the truth is.”
:think: I think the Republicans are doing a fine job of rejecting what the truth is to the public.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Return to “Current Politics”