Who has the Booster???

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
sad-cafe

Who has the Booster???

Post by sad-cafe »

got mine today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Re: Who has the Booster???

Post by Maybenaut »

:clap: :thumbsup:

I have to wait til November.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Got mine yesterday! Feeling a bit yucky today, but really happy to have it!
E1AC78D0-8548-4346-8709-EB4B382F30AE.jpeg
E1AC78D0-8548-4346-8709-EB4B382F30AE.jpeg (477.95 KiB) Viewed 1616 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Wintermute
Verified:

Post by Wintermute »

Got mine last Monday, moderna and it stomped my ass on Tuesday.
filly

Post by filly »

Wintermute wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:52 pm Got mine last Monday, moderna and it stoped my ass on Tuesday.
How did you feel after the second shot? Asking for a friend.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Not until November, here.
Wintermute
Verified:

Post by Wintermute »

filly wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:54 pm
Wintermute wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:52 pm Got mine last Monday, moderna and it stoped my ass on Tuesday.
I am a liver transplant recipient and have been on immunosuppressants for 20+ years. I ran a fever of 101 the next day, ached all over. Went back to bed around noon the day after. Wednesday morning I felt well enough to go to work, I think the symptoms were a good sign of my immune system ramping up.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

I'm not eligible until December. I wasn't eligible for 1st shot until April.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

I'm not eligible until Dec. I have a physical in 2 weeks. I'm going to see if I can get the booster early. No harm in asking!
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I am, going by 8 months, January 3rd, ish. My second was May 3. My doctor's office is starting up boosters for compromised folks.

ETA: I guess this means I can be poked in Octoberish for the flu and again in January. I'm getting good at being poked.
101010 :towel:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

My dialysis clinic is waiting for direction on boosters, as to 8 mos, or ASAP, or somewhere in between.

Many, like me, aren't really immune compromised, but ESRD is a comorbidity.

It's a :pickle:
Image Image Image Image
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Estiveo wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:55 pm My dialysis clinic is waiting for direction on boosters, as to 8 mos, or ASAP, or somewhere in between.

My doctor's office referred to it as moderately or severely immune-compromised. This was their basic list.
• Recently received or are receiving immunosuppressive chemotherapy for cancer, or any therapy for a blood based/hematological malignancy. Many cancer treatments such as hormonal therapies are not immunosuppressive. Patients with certain hematological cancers such as leukemia, lymphoma and multiple myeloma may qualify, even if not on treatment
• Received an organ transplant and took, or are taking, medications to suppress the immune system
• Received a stem cell transplant and took, or are taking, medications to suppress the immune system
• Have moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
• Have advanced or untreated HIV infection
• Underwent or are undergoing active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids (20 mg or more per day) or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
I don't know if how ERSD might fit into this because I am not sure what all these means (i.e. are things like the syndromes or drugs hat suppress immune response involved with ERSD). I assume your clinic will find out and know what to do with it because, of course, I am clueless on these matters.
101010 :towel:
filly

Post by filly »

Estiveo wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:55 pm My dialysis clinic is waiting for direction on boosters, as to 8 mos, or ASAP, or somewhere in between.

I would give you a booster tomorrow if it were up to me!
filly

Post by filly »

Wintermute wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:33 pm
filly wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:54 pm
I am a liver transplant recipient and have been on immunosuppressants for 20+ years. I ran a fever of 101 the next day, ached all over. Went back to bed around noon the day after. Wednesday morning I felt well enough to go to work, I think the symptoms were a good sign of my immune system ramping up.
Thanks for the info. I wish you the best!
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

That's the thing, immunodeficiency isn't the issue for many of us, it's the comorbidity part, and the close contact with large numbers of people (even including masks, gloves, etc.) on a regular basis.
Image Image Image Image
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I thought this thread was titled "Who has the Rooster?" :oopsy:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Dr. Vicklund is getting her Pfizer booster on the 8th (her immunologist recommended she go off her immunosuppressants a week before and the week after getting the shot to maximize the immune response, and she's scheduled for two immunosuppressants between now and the 1st). I'm eligible for the booster the first week of October, and will make sure to have the day after off.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

northland10 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:03 pm
• Underwent or are undergoing active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids (20 mg or more per day) or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
Thanks for the info. Under these guidelines I qualify for the booster although I had no idea my daily meds (fludrocortisone and 40 mg hydrocortisone) could suppress my immune system.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:34 pm I thought this thread was titled "Who has the Rooster?" :oopsy:
Ol' Wifehorn has the rooster, poor thing. :blackeye:

We got our second jab in March, so, umm ... November.
Don't mind me, I just fell out of a coconut tree. 🥥🌴
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Based on 8 months we will be eligible October 6th. However we expect to be in NY then not Texas. Can we get the booster as out of staters? Time will tell.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Volkonski wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:53 am Based on 8 months we will be eligible October 6th. However we expect to be in NY then not Texas. Can we get the booster as out of staters? Time will tell.
I can't imagine you wouldn't be able to. I got my first two shots in NY, and the third in AZ. Which is obviously backwards of what you are looking at, but it seems like NY would be pretty liberal about giving out the shots.

In reference to other comments, I had Pfizer, so I can't comment on Moderna side effects. For Pfizer though, my first shot I just had a really sore arm. After my second shot, I was really sick for a day or two. It felt like a bad flu. And after the third one here, I've felt a little crappy and had a runny nose that won't stop since I got it, but all in all not too bad. Feels like a yucky cold. Better than the alternative.

I have two autoimmune diseases and am on immunosuppressant medication. When I get a cut or insect bite, it will literally take months to heal. My doc team told me to get every shot of the vax I could get as soon as I could get it, so that's what I've been doing. I suspect that if I take an antibody test I might find it all for naught, or close to, but the docs said that the vax could likely be the difference between a ventilator and just being really sick for me, so get it anyway.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Now September 10 for me. :thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

Now October 2 for me.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Do you just…go based on your 2nd jab date, or does the state DOH contact you?

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”