TESLA and Elon Musk - anything not elsewhere

poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️🥥🌴✅

Post by poplove »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:58 am
much ado wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:54 am Just saw this...

GEICO is Terminating Insurance Coverage of Tesla Cybertrucks, Says “This Type of Vehicle Doesn't Meet Our Underwriting Guidelines”

Article lists several rather amazing problems with cybertrucks.
I Googled the issue when I saw a tweet about it, but this was the only news source I could find. I'd like to see if another news source reports it and if it really is an issue.
I saw some tweets and googled it as well. From what I've seen is there was a post on an EV forum that a cybertruck owner got a letter from Geico saying they they were not renewing. Not sure if it's the same guy, but here's his story. He has eight cars on his policy.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Cybertruc ... 114.0.html
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:58 am
much ado wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:54 am Just saw this...

GEICO is Terminating Insurance Coverage of Tesla Cybertrucks, Says “This Type of Vehicle Doesn't Meet Our Underwriting Guidelines”

Article lists several rather amazing problems with cybertrucks.
I Googled the issue when I saw a tweet about it, but this was the only news source I could find. I'd like to see if another news source reports it and if it really is an issue.
Theres a couple of confirming sources, but it seems very low level news so far. Maybe People don't want to talk about this?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Cybertruc ... 114.0.html

This references this website.

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.com/fo ... hat.24927/
Yes it's true, I have been trying to get this across everyone's attention for months.

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...e-on-geico-insurance-in-ny.22488/#post-413713

This issue needs more attention before other car insurances follow suit.

I've been trying to bring this to the attention of Tesla but have not been successful. It's very troubling. This used to be an issue in NY, now it seems to be happening in other states too. First Geico will provide you with insurance for the Cybertruck, then cancel in 2 weeks. In states without Tesla insurance, like NY, this causes a serious issue in that other car insurances either A) refuse to insure the Cybertruck or B) charge an EXORBITANT monthly fee.

What is happening with Geico is very inconsistent. Some customers are being told that the Cybertruck is a "restricted vehicle" and cannot be insured leading them to be dropped, while others are renewing their insurance without any issues. Some people, especially in NY seem to be immune to this issue, while others are getting dropped from Geico policy for having a Cybertruck.

It's truly puzzling and inconsistent. It feel like there is something we are missing here.

I'm have been trying to figure out what is triggering this non-renewal for certain people, but not others, but have not been successful. I am being ghosted by all the people and representatives from companies involved.

Tesla recently hired Allen Laben MBA who was a high-level Geico executive with the goal of easing Tesla’s car insurance concerns. I think he would be the prime person that can resolve this issue or least provide further information.

I’ve sent him a LinkedIn invite; however, I have not been successful yet in making contact with him to bring this issue to light.
There's a few more replies, some having Geico problems some having none.

So... unconfirmed, I guess. But I think its fair to conclude that there seems to be problems

Another post from July is entitled "GEICO quoted me $2700 for 6 months insurance premium" which seems very high.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Suranis wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 2:45 am :snippity:

Another post from July is entitled "GEICO quoted me $2700 for 6 months insurance premium" which seems very high.
The article linked above mentions repair costs for the Cybertruck beeing above normal, and the frequency of issues too.

Wait and see how other insurance companies are handling this critter. :bored:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I have GEICO for my auto insurance.

But, I don't have eight vehicles on my personal policy. EIGHT

There is no law that an insurance company must insure someone's vehicle. The guy can take out a bond for liability on the CyberDump and pay for the Dump if it is damaged out of his own pocket.

Dude needs to stop whining.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

I note that the article specifically mentions multi-car policies, eg this vehicle seems to skew the insurance mathematics on fleet policies. It looks like GEICO may retain single policies where they can quickly adjust rates as needed while they collect experience with this metall box and the specifics as to how it differs from regular vehicles. Do they have expertise in insuring military units with civilian use, like MRAPs operated by SWAT teams?
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Elon was reined in by Brazil

Well past Time for other nations to act..

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-10-08/ ... /104399160
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Tesla Cybertruck ‘too big and sharp’ for European roads, say campaigners
Questions raised about registration in Czech Republic of one of first models to reach continent

Ajit Niranjan
Tue 8 Oct 2024 12.00 CEST

Tesla’s Cybertruck is too big and sharp for European roads, transport campaigners have warned, as questions are raised about the registration of one of the first of the electric pickup trucks to hit the continent.

There had been confusion about whether the Cybertruck could be driven in Europe, owing to strict road safety rules that ban sharp edges and require speed limiters on vehicles that weigh more than 3.5 tonnes when full. Tesla’s manual lists the angular steel vehicle as having a gross vehicle weight of 4 tonnes. (The equivalent of a standard family car, such as a Ford Focus, is 1.9 tonnes.)

A handful of Cybertrucks have already been spotted on European streets this year, causing safety fears among campaigners. In a letter to the European Commission and to authorities in the Czech Republic, where the registration of one Cybertruck has raised questions about the rules, campaign groups called for Cybertrucks registered in the EU to be removed from public roads.

“Very oversized pickup trucks [are] now being increasingly imported and bringing danger to our streets,” said James Nix of the nonprofit Transport & Environment, which co-signed the letter.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... ampaigners

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”