Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

These people suck. They are bad people.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Re: Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

Post by bill_g »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:23 pm Who the hell worries about the future?
https: //twitter.com/therecount/status/1511354802604814343
She seems to have forgotten the head start the vax makers had on COVID because of the previous efforts on SARS a decade and a half ago during Bush 43. They took it off the shelf, dusted it off, and picked up where they left off.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

She's such a toad.

Apologies to toads.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Lemme 'splain sumpin to you, Marge:

Renewables like solar and wind have zero byproducts. Solar panel efficiency is tricky because not all sunshine can be converted into electricity, only the photons that strike the panels do the voodoo. Wind, on the other hand, can vary from low efficiencies (15-20%) up to about 55% depending upon wind speed and the geometry of the blades.

Now, let's take coal and natural gas. From an energy storage point of view, both these products are pure energy stores. Unfortunately, only about 1/3 of the available energy contained within the carbon or methane can be used to generate electricity. The rest is lost as heat. Then of course we have the dreaded CO2 byproduct as well as other nasty chemicals that are not completely scrubbed from the stacks after these products combust.

She conveniently ignores the extraction and transportation issues of using fossil fuels to generate electricity. With renewables, the energy source travels free to the generation point, unlike with traditional means the energy source must be taken by rail or pipeline.

Both methods lose a portion of the electricity that is generated when the DC current is run through inverters to become AC.

I am not a physicist or other smart science guy. But it is not too difficult to understand that efficiencies can mean different things to different people depending on what lie point they want to make.

Don't get me going on nuclear, either. :boxing:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Huh, no wonder mtg is so worked up.
David Frum @davidfrum wrote: Detail I'd forgotten.

The US District Court judge who sentenced the Pizzagate gunman to 4 1/2 years in prison after the defense proposed 1 1/2 years?

Ketanji Brown Jackson.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

► Show Spoiler

NQSFW (From one of the Twitter threads above.)
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:41 pm
► Show Spoiler

NQSFW (From one of the Twitter threads above.)
It depends on the sauce, Marge.

:bag:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Raskin response Greene Heckling: The gentlelady said something about the Russian hoax… if she wants to continue to stand with Putin and his bloody invasion, she is free to do so and we understand there is a strong Trump/Putin axis in the gentlelady’s party..
raison de arizona

Do we have video of the heckling he is responding to? I didn't find it with a quick search.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

A state court can't declare a federal law unconstitutional.
If a case is within the state court's jurisdiction, and it involves a federal statute, the state court can hold the statute unconstitutional.
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
raison de arizona

Dr. Caligari wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:22 pm
If a case is within the state court's jurisdiction, and it involves a federal statute, the state court can hold the statute unconstitutional.
The case here involves eligibility for a federal office, does that complicate matters?
raison de arizona

mtg doesn't understand what a threat is.
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene @RepMTG wrote: .@ABC, this threat of violence against me by @jimmykimmel has been filed with the @CapitolPolice.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:34 pm mtg doesn't understand what a threat is.
Oh she does. The real subtext is "ha! All those threats of violence that the Libs talk about are fake and silly. So I'm going to mock the with this "threat" that is just as fake and silly to mock them!"
Hic sunt dracones
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Suranis wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:33 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:34 pm mtg doesn't understand what a threat is.
Oh she does. The real subtext is "ha! All those threats of violence that the Libs talk about are fake and silly. So I'm going to mock the with this "threat" that is just as fake and silly to mock them!"
That's too complicated and nuanced a thought for her. She really thinks that Jimmy Kimmel has threatened her with bodily harm.

She's too stupid for nuance. Like most morons, she is a literalist. Black v. White. There are no shades of grey.
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:24 pm
Dr. Caligari wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:22 pm
The case here involves eligibility for a federal office, does that complicate matters?
I don't think these is any federal statute at issue here; the case is based on the 14th Amendment. But, generally speaking, a state court can hold a federal statute unconstitutional, but (1) such a decision can be appealed to SCOTUS and (2) the decision is not binding on courts in other states (or on federal courts within the state).
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
raison de arizona

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:59 pm Do we have video of the heckling he is responding to? I didn't find it with a quick search.
Looking for moar.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

► Show Spoiler
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene @RepMTG wrote: .@ABC, this threat of violence against me by @jimmykimmel has been filed with the @CapitolPolice.
I laughed. The Capitol Police undoubtedly round filed.
raison de arizona

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona

Are there not rules of decorum in the House that they cannot enforce upon her? I guess since she got away with it at the State of the Union speech, she figures she can get away with it anywhere. She's probably right. What are they going to do, take away her committee assignments? Fine her?
Hugo Lowell @hugolowell wrote: House Republican Marjorie Taylor Greene heckles Jan. 6 committee member Jamie Raskin as he urges House to hold Navarro and Scavino in contempt of Congress, shouting epithets: “Ashli Babbitt” and “What about the Russia collusion”
raison de arizona

:faint:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Gee, whom do women usually have to defend themselves against?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

From my point of view I'll point out that more than 40% of Domestic violence victims are male.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... c-violence
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

raison de arizona

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene @RepMTG wrote: You weren’t joking. You hide your misogyny and your racism behind your “jokes” on @ABC.

This was a dog whistle to the violent left to assault me or worse, and your [sic] already inspiring fantasies of violence against me.

How many new death threats will I get that are your fans?
Jimmy Kimmel @jimmykimmel wrote: Officer? I would like to report a joke. https://twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1511816972610244615
raison de arizona

She's really going all in on this one.
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene @RepMTG wrote: .@jimmykimmel your fans called my office today in direct response to you inciting physical violence towards me.
It’s not a joke.
You knew exactly what you were doing.
@ABC and their parent company @WaltDisneyCo should not allow your misogyny & threats of violence.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”