Sanctions and Support

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Sanctions and Support

Post by Slim Cognito »

Putin will melt it all down if we don't give him his way. He's a murder-suicide type of guy.

I'm having trouble dealing with this shit.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

You're not alone Slim.

Here's a spot of good news.
IG: @quentin.quarantino @quentquarantino wrote: Yesterday I shared an idea to support Ukraine by booking rooms for rent on AirBNB. 24 hours later, 100's of people are booking AirBnBs in Ukraine as a way to send immediate monetary assistance to people in hard-hit areas. The messages in response from the hosts are so moving
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

The stories of support from people, just people, across nations is so moving to me. The Airbnb idea is fantastic. The stories of Polish heroes on the border taking refugee children tearfully handed to them in the early days, the kindness, along with babushka scoldings, shown to the defeated Russian child/soldiers, all the others I haven’t even read yet - these stories bring tears.

Fuck Putin for hurting the Ukrainian people - his people, he keeps saying - most of all.
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

Microsoft suspends sales in Russia in major blow to Russian economy
Microsoft is suspending all new sales of products and services in Russia, in a major addition to the flood of companies cutting ties over the invasion of Ukraine.

The company said it was also stopping “many aspects of our business in Russia in compliance with governmental sanctions decisions.”
:snippity:
The move, coupled with the broader tech blockade underway as a result of Western sanctions and corporate decisions, will deprive Russia of key tech tools that are vital to its economy.

Computer chip manufacturers have begun halting deliveries to Russia to comply with U.S.-led sanctions, while Apple this week said it is pausing product sales in Russia and has limited Apple Pay within the country. Google said it would stop selling ads in the country and paused all search, YouTube and display network ads after the Russian government asked it to block ads related to Ukraine.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... raine-war/
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Reuters
@Reuters
·
1h
Italy seizes yacht owned by Russian oligarch Mordashov -source http://reut.rs/34hKeMc
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

And so the Siege of Russia begins.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Reuters
@Reuters
·
43m
Singapore sanctions Russia over 'unprovoked attack' on Ukraine http://reut.rs/3HJbUY1
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Another way to support a real person. Marina, the artist, is a personal friend of a friend and has added digital prints to her etsy shop and is using her income to buy supplies.
I'll let her explain in her own words.
This is the link to the Etsy shop of my Ukraine friend, Marina. https://www.etsy.com/shop/DragonflyEarringsRV I purchased some digital products and the process was painless. I will let her words explain....
"🇺🇦 Friends! My big awesome family!🇺🇦
Today was a hard day but you overwhelmed me with your kindness and all your words. Today I received information that Ukrainian is starting to accept packages. They will be exported with the help of our neighbour countries. I decided to bring back my earrings to my Etsy shop.
Delivery will be long long loooong, but I hope you will receive a pair from me so you can wear it with pride and honor, because it will be your medal for standing with Ukraine. But I want to warn you that I will be able to use money for your order only after you receive the package. So if you want to support Ukraine now please consider to purchase digital products. These products are medals too!!! Money for digital products will be available for me in a day or two. I will use them immediately.
Today I spent $60 dollars that I received in last few days.. I bought 9 pairs of warm socks, 6 pairs of underwear, 3 pairs of pants, soap and shaving razors. All this stuff will be transferred to hospital for needs of wounded defenders of our country. It's not much, but it's a start! And while I was working on my Etsy store I already receive SIX more orders!!! Guys, you are incredible!!!❤️
Thank you all! I love you beautiful people!❤️"
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Reuters
@Reuters
·
59m
European Union suspends Russia and Belarus from Council of Baltic Sea States http://reut.rs/3Cdgnku
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Germany is farther behind than I realized:

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

It's getting real. Grammarly - Grammarly! - suspended service to Russia and Belarus.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:28 pm It's getting real. Grammarly - Grammarly! - suspended service to Russia and Belarus.
Yeah, shit got real. :dance:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Congrats to our Eurobot on that one. :thumbsup:
Never trust a llama with a knife and a sombrero.
tek

Post by tek »

neonzx wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:33 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:28 pm It's getting real. Grammarly - Grammarly! - suspended service to Russia and Belarus.
Yeah, shit got real became reality. :dance:
it IS grammarly, after all :batting:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Visa and Mastercard cutting service in Russia.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Lani

Post by Lani »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:42 am Another way to support a real person. Marina, the artist, is a personal friend of a friend and has added digital prints to her etsy shop and is using her income to buy supplies.
I'll let her explain in her own words.

:snippity:

Done! Thank you!
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Fiascoist

Post by Fiascoist »

Same. Ordered a digital print.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Nasty little "reverse sanction":

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/33 ... g-get-home

WNBA player Brittney Griner is being detained in Russia after customs officials said they found hashish oil in her luggage at an airport near Moscow in February, according to a report in the New York Times on Saturday.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

John Thomas8 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:19 pm Nasty little "reverse sanction":

WNBA player Brittney Griner is being detained in Russia after customs officials said they found hashish oil in her luggage at an airport near Moscow in February, according to a report in the New York Times on Saturday.
She was detained a couple weeks before the invasion started.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:26 pm
John Thomas8 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:19 pm Nasty little "reverse sanction":

She was detained a couple weeks before the invasion started.
Planned. pootin is morally bankrupt, not stupid.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

From the front page headline of the Daily Mail:

“BORIS’S 6-POINT PLAN TO DEFEAT PUTIN”
“This is his Falklands moment say Tories as PM holds war briefings under Maggie’s portrait”
“Boris Johnson has drawn up a six-point plan to defeat Vladimir Putin as he moves to assume leadership of global efforts to end the horror of war in Ukraine.”
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-60635313

Vlad will be having second thoughts as Boris poses in his homburg, a cigar in his mouth, giving a “V” sign.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?

Return to “Russian Invasion of Ukraine”