Republicans behaving badly

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: Republicans behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:18 pm and a FL man....
GOP House Candidate Seen Berating Cop, Calling Her 'Immigrant' During Traffic Stop
:snippity:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-house-ca ... 47960.html
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Seems Mr. Hyde is trying to Dr. Jekyll his way out of the bad press with a little mea culpa op ed.
OPINION: Martin Hyde apologizes for confrontation with Sarasota police officer
-Martin Hyde

First let me say what some of you may have seen of me during a traffic stop on Valentine’s Day – of all days – was not an isolated incident.

People tend to equivocate and talk about extenuating factors – or claim it’s ”not indicative of who I am.” But, sadly under some circumstances, it is who I am.

At the point when I realized that my rather silly statement – “Do you know who I am?” – wasn’t going to work, I should have shut up and let it go. But I didn’t. Unfortunately, instead of restraint and a little humility, it was righteous indignation that ran through my veins.

The result was a video that showed me at my rather pathetic worst, and for which no apology or explanation is likely to be accepted. Nor should it be. However, I will say this one more time for posterity:

I am sorry, Officer Julia Beskin.

I am not sorry, as many will say, because I got caught. I am sorry because I let so many people down. (yeah, he's sorry he got caught)

I hope that the hundreds of calls that I got on my cellphone – from all over the United States – telling me what a fat, entitled person I am will not only get me back to eating properly, but to also be mindful that it is how we are at our worst that defines our progress as adults.

Obviously, I have some way to go. But with God’s guidance I hope that I will get better over time.

I will end on a positive note – positive, that is, in terms of being liberating because I will not be constrained by towing the party line going forward.

(at which point our penitent hero makes a hard right back to asshole)

The Sarasota County Republican Party is controlled by a small group of self-appointed elites and special interests that I have never liked – and now I can say that.

All of the current statehouse representatives, with the exception of one, are from wealthy, influential families who used their money to get them into office. All of them crave higher office despite doing nothing to have earned the elected offices that they now hold. And until we do something about this form of elitism, my childish behavior will pale in comparative importance.

One last thing: Vote “No” on the March 8 ballot issue that seeks to eliminate single-member districts in Sarasota County, as it would only benefit property developers who are the biggest donors to the Sarasota County Republican Party.

Over and out, Sarasota.
https://www.heraldtribune.com/story/opi ... 936662001/
Image Image Image Image
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

What an asshat.

Also, speaking of asshats, here's a matched pair:
Cernovich @Cernovich wrote: All Zelensky had to do was tell the truth about the Biden corruption.

He would have saved his country and been a hero forever.
Raheem J. Kassam @RaheemKassam wrote: If the left hadn’t impeached Trump over *that* phone call, Zelenskyy would’ve probably helped root out the rabid Biden-linked corruption, Trump would still be president, no invasion of Ukraine would’ve happened, and Zelenskyy would have more than 24 hours left in office.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Senator Mike Lee (R-UT) with red meat for the base.
Angry Staffer @Angry_Staffer wrote: That’s… not how any of this works.

POTUS can send troops to whatever friendly country he wants.
Mike Lee @SenMikeLee wrote: 1/3 President Biden’s unilateral deployment of our Armed Forces to the European theater, where we now know they are in imminent hostilities, triggers the War Powers Act, necessitating that the President report to Congress within 48 hours.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona

Wonder if the Alaskan city council member realizes Alaska was once... part of Russia. :think:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Dinesh Opts for Putin.png
Dinesh Opts for Putin.png (159.38 KiB) Viewed 1747 times
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:23 pm Dinesh Opts for Putin.png
He's a stupid dickhead in this thread too!
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

This is funny

“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Next one will be on that jack burkman guy's front porch steps
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

fine individuals my ass

and looks to me like their lives are pretty damn good...no work and lots of pay
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

sad-cafe wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:57 pm fine individuals my ass

and looks to me like their lives are pretty damn good...no work and lots of pay
Yeah funny how the "working class", who's lives are being destroyed by the Biden administration, have time to show up well dressed in DC in the afternoon of a regular work day.

Funny, I can't afford that....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

But... Thar freedumbs!
S.E. Cupp @secupp wrote: Refusing to take covid tests, GOP Reps. Thomas Massie, Chip Roy, Mary Miller, Matt Rosendale, Andrew Clyde, Bob Good, and Sens. Marco Rubio and Dan Crenshaw have said they will not attend tonight's #SOTU2022. Meanwhile, here's a picture of Ukrainian ballerina Lesya Vorotnyk:
► Show Spoiler
raison de arizona

:lol:
Brian Kelsey wrote:I will not be running for reelection due to a recent, exciting change to my personal life, and I look forward to spending more time with my family.
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: He was indicted by a federal grand jury in October for campaign finance felonies. “Exciting change to my personal life.”
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:23 pm
Brian Kelsey wrote:I will not be running for reelection due to a recent, exciting change to my personal life, and I look forward to spending more time with my family.
Well, some people might actually look forward to the friendships they'll make while in prison. Maybe that's what he's talking about.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I’m surprised a state senator has only 4,800 followers.

Time with family before Club Fed?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/06/politics ... index.html
Rep. Paul Gosar's lengthy ties to White nationalists, pro-Nazi blogger and far-right fringe received little pushback for years
raison de arizona

What is the argument here, that we would be better under tfg because he pumps his own gas? 'Cause I gotta surprise for you on that one...
House Judiciary GOP @JudiciaryGOP wrote: When was the last time Joe Biden pumped his own gas? Does he not care that you're feeling pain at the pump? Or does he just not know?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Well, jebus, the majority of Americans have no clue what actually controls gas prices. (hint: commodity futures traders (gamblers) and not some dude in the Oval Office) :brickwallsmall:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

neonzx wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:12 pm Well, jebus, the majority of Americans have no clue what actually controls gas prices. (hint: commodity futures traders (gamblers) and not some dude in the Oval Office) :brickwallsmall:
:yeahthat:
101010 :towel:
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

Tennessee lawmaker faces fraud charges in conspiracy involving former House Speaker
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — A sitting member of the Tennessee House of Representatives has been charged with wire fraud in association with an alleged conspiracy involving former House Speaker Glen Casada and his former chief of staff.

Rep. Robin Smith, R-Hixson, is charged with one count of honest services wire fraud, a felony punishable by up to 20 years in prison, according to an information filed in the U.S. District Court in Nashville.
https://www.newschannel5.com/news/newsc ... se-speaker
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Breaking news: GOP Rep.
@robints
has been indicted on federal charges of wire fraud in the Middle District of Tennessee. Story to follow.

ETA: Tennessee State Senator Robin Smith has resigned after being indicted for wire fraud.
raison de arizona

Speaking of Tennessee...
The Tennessee Holler @TheTNHoller wrote: Hi 👋🏽— Can someone please explain to us how @MarshaBlackburn is claiming her bill is responsible for all these things happening when it hasn’t even passed?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... rtum-care/
The Associated Press reported that S.B. 2033 passed the state Senate 46 to 5 last month and then passed the House Medicaid Committee on March 1. But on March 9 — the deadline for House and Senate committees to consider general bills that had passed the other chamber — House Speaker Philip Gunn (R) and House Medicaid Committee Chairman Joey Hood (R) chose not to bring it up for a vote.

“As I’ve said very publicly, I’m opposed to Medicaid expansion,” Gunn told the AP of his opposition to the bill. “We need to look for ways to keep people off, not put them on.” (Neither Gunn nor Hood responded to requests for comment.)

The news hit maternal health advocates hard in a state where deaths as a result of pregnancy are almost twice as high as the rest of the country, according to a 2019 report by the Mississippi State Department of Health. It’s also where 60 percent of deliveries are funded by Medicaid — much higher than the national average rate of 42 percent, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:10 pm https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... rtum-care/
The Associated Press reported that S.B. 2033 passed the state Senate 46 to 5 last month and then passed the House Medicaid Committee on March 1. But on March 9 — the deadline for House and Senate committees to consider general bills that had passed the other chamber — House Speaker Philip Gunn (R) and House Medicaid Committee Chairman Joey Hood (R) chose not to bring it up for a vote.

“As I’ve said very publicly, I’m opposed to Medicaid expansion,” Gunn told the AP of his opposition to the bill. “We need to look for ways to keep people off, not put them on.” (Neither Gunn nor Hood responded to requests for comment.)

The news hit maternal health advocates hard in a state where deaths as a result of pregnancy are almost twice as high as the rest of the country, according to a 2019 report by the Mississippi State Department of Health. It’s also where 60 percent of deliveries are funded by Medicaid — much higher than the national average rate of 42 percent, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation.
Not dead yet.
https://www.wlbt.com/2022/03/15/senate- ... rage-bill/
JACKSON, Miss. (WLBT) -The push continues from advocates wanting to see postpartum Medicaid coverage extended from 60 days to a year.

Senate Bill 2033 died last week after the House failed to take it up before the latest deadline. However, the Senate is ready to throw the legislation another lifeline...

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”