trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
tek

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by tek »

orlylicious wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:31 pm https://apnews.com/article/mar-a-lago-p ... d3fc6e5aa1
Trump’s Mar-a-Lago partially closed due to COVID outbreak
[...]
An email sent to members said that service had been temporarily suspended in the club’s dining room and at its beach club because some staff members had recently tested positive.
Awww the dining room is closed! He won't be able to enjoy his carbonaceous steak (and ketchup!) among his adoring fans!
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

No chocolate cake.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

tek wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:05 am
orlylicious wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:31 pm https://apnews.com/article/mar-a-lago-p ... d3fc6e5aa1
Trump’s Mar-a-Lago partially closed due to COVID outbreak
[...]
An email sent to members said that service had been temporarily suspended in the club’s dining room and at its beach club because some staff members had recently tested positive.
Awww the dining room is closed! He won't be able to enjoy his carbonaceous steak (and ketchup!) among his adoring fans!
The dinning room may be closed but someone will always be there to prepare meals for the master, ketchup included, or to fetch Big Mac's and milkshakes on demand. I wonder if Mar-a-Lago has a Diet Coke button? :confuzzled:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

:smoking:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Gregg wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:31 pm
Azastan wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:22 pm
The Citation does have a small Trump family crest on the fuselage.
:rotflmao:
Of course in most of the world its not really a problem, but it might be illegal for that plane to land in Scotland or even all of the UK, because the "Trump Family Crest" is in violation of Scottish Heraldry rules. I seem to recall its pretty much a stolen copy of a legitimate registered family crest of a Scottish Clan and they have rights to .... please someone tell me they can seize the plane if it lands in Scotland. Pretty please.
Sounds like it won’t be getting off the ground any time soon.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:39 pm
Gregg wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:31 pm
Azastan wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:22 pm

:rotflmao:
Of course in most of the world its not really a problem, but it might be illegal for that plane to land in Scotland or even all of the UK, because the "Trump Family Crest" is in violation of Scottish Heraldry rules. I seem to recall its pretty much a stolen copy of a legitimate registered family crest of a Scottish Clan and they have rights to .... please someone tell me they can seize the plane if it lands in Scotland. Pretty please.
Sounds like it won’t be getting off the ground any time soon.
The Citation is the smaller jet, which IS flightworthy, and is apparently being flown between NY and FL. The Boeing plane has fancy cream-coloured seats with the 'family crest' embroidered in gold thread as well
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

How he must miss AF1. So sad. :(
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

neonzx wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:20 pm How he must miss AF1. So sad. :(

Also too....... :violin:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

He felt really important for the last four years.

It's not just that he can't keep the legal stuff at bay any more, but that only within the grounds of his properties can he feel safe from the jeers of the people who loathe him. Yes, he has SS protection, but it's not the grand procession he once reveled in.

Now if he wants to fly around in a big plane, he has to pay for it.
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Azastan wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:32 pm
He felt really important for the last four years.

It's not just that he can't keep the legal stuff at bay any more, but that only within the grounds of his properties can he feel safe from the jeers of the people who loathe him. Yes, he has SS protection, but it's not the grand procession he once reveled in.

Now if he wants to fly around in a big plane, he has to pay for it.

And again....... :violin:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

And no Twitter!

The unkindest cut of all. :lol:
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:37 pm And no Twitter!

That too...... :violin:
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Trump's inability to access Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook has been a serious blow to his self esteem and self perception.

Trump is a master at self promotion. He's been a very important person (in his eyes) for decades. Media covered his every action. He had a microphone on primetime TV. It's been decades since he had to jump up and down for attention.

Trump's lack of access to social media has been devastating for Trump. Now he's limited to announcements through a spokesperson ... announcements that are made fun of and limited in their distribution.

I never expected Trump to fall from such heights so quickly and intensely. The schadenfreude has been delicious.

Trump makes the news now for only legal stuff that he can't afford to fight. There are no adoring fans. And he knows he will never reach such heights again. And without social media, he can't have a public tantrum. And he delighted in his public tantrums.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Agree LM K. DL2XIT has been off Twitter for 72 days now and it's been glorious. What a pleasure to not care what he's doing or concerned about what he screwed up this time. And many of his minions have quit or stopped using Twitter too. Bill Mitchell was banned 221 days ago and he's still whining on Telegram about it (he says he was so happy not to be on Twitter but wants to sue them to get back on). Even O Taitz hasn't dropped a poopie in 11 days. It's much nicer.

72.JPG
72.JPG (68.19 KiB) Viewed 5484 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Yes, but some GOP hopefuls still beat a path to Mar a Lago to get his blessing.

He could probably quash the ambitions of any GOPer that he bothered to publicly and repeatedly oppose.

He's not (yet?) indicted.

He still (for the time being?) has access to lots of cash and at least a presidential pension.

To adapt a line from "The Lion in Winter"- it is not such a bad thing to be an ex US POTUS, not all eyes will weep for him.

And all than makes me :mad: .
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Lani

Post by Lani »

Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Very wealthy people are weird. Raising money for a 'rescue dogs' charity is all fine and good ... but a 'runway show'? wt heck is that about? How about just asking for the donations, not doing creepy ass stuff? -- that's how it works in real people world.
Lani

Post by Lani »

That "Charity" funnels a lot of money to Trump via Mar-A-Logo.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Baptist Taliban Tabernacle of the Gulfstream 6
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Gregg wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:02 pm Added to his no social media, he can't even go back to the garbage he did before he discovered Twitter. He has conditioned his followers to not trust any MSM and he might have been on some Fox News Shows 4 nights a week had ne not trashed them to the point where he's not welcome and his followers wouldn't see it, because they're watching OAN and whatever other Baptist Taliban Tabernacle of the Gulfstream 6 prosperity gospel preacher is blowing the wind of God and send money! this week.
Works or me. He's gone and that is all that matters.
much ado

Post by much ado »

The Guardian: Trump will use 'his own platform’ to return to social media after Twitter ban
Donald Trump will soon use “his own platform” to return to social media, an adviser said on Sunday, months after the former president was banned from Twitter for inciting the US Capitol riot.

Trump has chafed in relative silence at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida since losing his Twitter account and the protections and powers of office. Recently he has released short and combative statements which many observers have likened to his tweets of old.

Speculation has also been rife that Trump might seek to create his own TV network in an attempt to prise viewers from Fox News, which was first to call the crucial state of Arizona for Joe Biden on election night, to Trump’s considerable anger.

But on Sunday adviser Jason Miller told Fox News social media was the immediate target.

Trump will be “returning to social media in two or three months”, Miller told Media Buzz host Howard Kurtz, with “his own platform” that will “completely redefine the game” and attract “tens of millions” of users.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

I'm sure Jack Dorsey and Mark Zuckerberg are just quaking in their boots, especially given what a blow to their business the emergence of Parler has been. Oh, wait...
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Gregg wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:02 pm
LM K wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:27 am

Trump's inability to access Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook has been a serious blow to his self esteem and self perception.

Trump is a master at self promotion. He's been a very important person (in his eyes) for decades. Media covered his every action. He had a microphone on primetime TV. It's been decades since he had to jump up and down for attention.

Trump's lack of access to social media has been devastating for Trump. Now he's limited to announcements through a spokesperson ... announcements that are made fun of and limited in their distribution.

I never expected Trump to fall from such heights so quickly and intensely. The schadenfreude has been delicious.

Trump makes the news now for only legal stuff that he can't afford to fight. There are no adoring fans. And he knows he will never reach such heights again. And without social media, he can't have a public tantrum. And he delighted in his public tantrums.
Added to his no social media, he can't even go back to the garbage he did before he discovered Twitter. He has conditioned his followers to not trust any MSM and he might have been on some Fox News Shows 4 nights a week had ne not trashed them to the point where he's not welcome and his followers wouldn't see it, because they're watching OAN and whatever other Baptist Taliban Tabernacle of the Gulfstream 6 prosperity gospel preacher is blowing the wind of God and send money! this week.
If Trump were to call in to Fox and Friends or Sean Hannity, would they decline his call, or refuse to put him on the air? I think not. Therefore, his lack of visibility on Fox must be self-imposed, at least to some extent.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

He did call into Fox earlier this week.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

So, a new social media platform. It would be so nice if DFO is being fed a load of nonsense and getting ripped-off, but that won’t happen because he knows more about social media than anyone else. Alternatively, I hope the “developers” get paid upfront, and look forward to the quite likely patent infringement lawsuits and DFO’s attempts to get his money back.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”