Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Suranis

Re: Spreadnecks: Coronavirus Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by Suranis »

If I had a horse I'd advertise pictures of you with the horse for $100. Why the fuck not?

Of course I'd also tell the Shop so the pictures wouldn't work. :twisted:
Hic sunt dracones
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

qbawl wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:11 pm I just read a news article that emphasizes the judge's order is to follow the prescription as written. The issue is the prescription as written says: "3mg tablet 10 (ten) times a day for 21 days." how is that supposed to happen to a sedated and intubated patient?
Retired RN here:

Intubated patients have a naso-gastric tube (unless contraindicated by facial injuries/anomalies). That is how they get their nutrition unless their digestive tract is not functioning but that is a whole 'nother issue.

Pills are crushed, suspended in liquid and pushed thru the tube.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Out of curiosity I went and looked up the usual dosage for the diseases that ivermectin is actually prescribed for, and 10 tablets a day for 21 days is about 42 times the usual dosage. Everything I see for the actual uses is a single dose of multiple tablets, possibly repeated at 3-12 months if needed, not 10 times a day for 3 weeks.

Body Weight (kg) Single Oral Dose
Number of 3-mg Tablets
15-24 1 tablet
25-35 2 tablets
36-50 3 tablets
51-65 4 tablets
66-79 5 tablets
≥ 80 200 mcg/kg
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

SuzieC wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:49 pm IAAL here. Have no idea what law judge is relying upon to order a hospital to administer an unproven treatment. He doesn't cite anything in his order.
I will be curious to see what the actual decision is when someone posts it, or at least read about someone's take on it since I understand little of it.
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Sequoia32 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:30 pm
qbawl wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:11 pm I just read a news article that emphasizes the judge's order is to follow the prescription as written. The issue is the prescription as written says: "3mg tablet 10 (ten) times a day for 21 days." how is that supposed to happen to a sedated and intubated patient?
Retired RN here:

Intubated patients have a naso-gastric tube (unless contraindicated by facial injuries/anomalies). That is how they get their nutrition unless their digestive tract is not functioning but that is a whole 'nother issue.

Pills are crushed, suspended in liquid and pushed thru the tube.
:bag: :oops: I guess my hammer and turkey baster isn't that far off then.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

If the prescription doesn't say "3 mg tablet by mouth 10 (ten) times a day for 21 days", a pharmacist can transform the tablets for non-oral administration unless the doc says no.

I can't find much about changing Ivermectin delivery methods. But ventilated patients have been given Ivermectin before.

In
Jan 2021
, a Judge in NY ordered a hospital to allow a ventilated patient to administer Ivermectin.

In May 2021, a judge in Illinois ordered a hospital to allow a ventilated patient to administer Ivermectin.

There is an interesting twist to this hospital ruling; no hospital medical staff would agree to administer the medication. Thus, the only healthcare provider available to administer the drug was a physician given hospital privileges.
A 68-year-old woman with COVID-19, who has been in intensive care in an Illinois hospital for a month, started receiving the controversial drug ivermectin (Stromectol) this week after her family sued the hospital to have someone administer it, according to a report in the Chicago Tribune.
:snippity:

On Friday, DuPage County Judge James Orel ruled Fype should be allowed to get the treatment.

Three days later, according to the Daily Herald, the lawyer for the hospital, Joseph Monahan, argued the hospital could not find a hospital-affiliated doctor to administer the ivermectin.The Herald reported the judge told the hospital to "get out of the way" and allow any board-certified doctor to administer the drug. When Fype's doctor was unable to administer it, the legal team found another doctor, Alan Bain, DO, to do it. Monahan said Bain was granted credentials to work at the hospital so he could administer it Monday evening.

In a follow-up hearing on Tuesday, Monahan told Orel that the hospital asked 20 doctors and 19 other health care workers, including nurses and pharmacists, to administer the medication and they all declined, the Herald reported. Orel denied a request from Desareta Fype's lawyer to order the hospital's nurses to administer further doses. The judge also denied a request to hold the hospital in contempt of court. According to the Herald, the judge said at the hearing Tuesday, "Now let's hope the good Lord allows the medication to work."
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Suranis wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:30 pm If I had a horse I'd advertise pictures of you with the horse for $100. Why the fuck not?

Of course I'd also tell the Shop so the pictures wouldn't work. :twisted:
How much for a pantomime horse costume?
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Kendra wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:15 pm
There's a lot of chatter amongst the horsey people answering the question "Do people with horses really carry a photo of their horse with them all the time?"

:rotflmao:

I'd say it's about 49/49 horses/dahlias, and every once in a while there's other stuff.

Yesterday there was a photo of a banana slug, today there was a photo of a neighbour's gate, taken out by an elk.
Az and the gate Aug 30 2021.jpg
Az and the gate Aug 30 2021.jpg (291.96 KiB) Viewed 1422 times
Az says she is not responsible for that gate.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW VIDEO📽️: While the Delta Variant ravages Kentucky & America, Rand Paul is telling his constituents to ignore the science & disobey public health guidelines. People like him are why we can't get the virus under control.

RT to expose the dangerous recklessness of #PandemicPaul
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

It would be great to include COVIDIOTS in the topic title to make it easier to find.

Azastan -- you could be like america's frontline doctors and set up $200 consultations which lead to sending the patient a photo of a horse. You'd make a fortune! :lol:
Joe Henderson: A cow-deworming drug won’t help anyone combat COVID-19
Joe Henderson August 30, 2021

But the medication Ivermectin is flying off the shelves in Florida because people apparently believe it's safer for humans to use than FDA-approved vaccines. It is not. You’re about to read an “Only In Florida” story for the ages, even by the high bar we set for such things. It started when too many people in our state convinced themselves they know more about medicine than people who studied the topic for decades. You betcha they won’t take an FDA-approved vaccine against COVID-19. But offer them a cow and horse deworming drug called Ivermectin, and they’re all in. They risk becoming deathly sick or just plain dead because their cousin knew a guy whose uncle told him about something he heard on AM-radio talk that the vaccine will plant a microchip in your head to make you believe Anthony Fauci knows something.

Talk show know-it-alls from Fox (of course) like Laura Ingraham and Sean Hannity weighed in with their theories on why the government (read: Joe Biden) doesn’t want you to know about how wonderful Ivermectin can be. Why? Oh, those people don’t need to back up their assertions with facts. Make it loud, scary, and find a villain. Voilà! It’s a formula for rating points. So, now we have folks risk turning themselves into worm’s meat by stampeding to feed stories and clearing the shelves of the drug designed to help large animals avoid worms. Sigh.

Well, these things have consequences, and this time it’s a doozy. According to Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried, the drug is sold out in Florida. The patients that really need the treatment — you know, cows and horses — will go without until stores can restock. “Our feedstocks are out,” Fried said. “This is a product that is supposed to be used for animals, and so, of course, when the feedstock is out — whether it’s for cows or for horses — and our industry can’t get them, that’s a problem.” We pause to reflect that Florida is the gift that keeps giving to late-night comedians and caustic wits everywhere. They want to know what we’re smoking down here. There really is nothing funny about this, though. As with most of these things, a shred of research suggested a small — repeat, SMALL — amount of the drug “inhibits the replication of (COVID-19)” in a test tube. One day research may find ways to safely use the drug in the war against the virus, but it’s not this day. Here’s why.

Class, behold a test tube. You can hold it in your hand. Scientists use these tubes to research important things because it helps them learn how to help people stay healthy. Now, class, behold farmer Brown’s cow named Daisy. She’s a plump lass, weighing about 2,000 pounds. The drugs to treat her for worms pack a lot more punch because Daisy weighs a lot more than a test tube. Yep. As the drugs flew off the shelves, people began ingesting stuff designed for a 2,000-pound cow (or horse). Sure enough, many of those folks got sick, and some died. That prompted the Food and Drug Administration to send a mooooving tweet that read: “You are not a horse. You are not a cow. Seriously, y’all. Stop it.” I’ll add this: Seriously, y’all. There are FREE vaccines that will do a much better job of protecting you against the virus. Run (don’t walk) to your local pharmacy or doctor and let the professionals help you live longer and better.” But, alas, I think that idea makes too much sense for the times in which we live.
https://floridapolitics.com/archives/45 ... -covid-19/

:brickwallsmall:

It's taking a LOT to not just encourage these folks to do it so there are fewer RWNJ voters but just can't.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

extract from news on latest stupidity in NSW:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-31/ ... /100421300

Southern Cross University law lecturer, Aidan Ricketts, author of The Activists' Handbook, said the protesters were not doing themselves or their communities any favours.

"I'm clearly in favour of protesting, but this is a very complicated situation with a pandemic," he said.

"It tends to be more individualist than for the common good."

Mr Ricketts said defying public health orders during a pandemic was hardly going to win over the community.

"It's like you had a group of alcoholics who didn't approve of the drink-driving laws, so they decided to have a drink drive-in down the Pacific Highway," he said.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
I've been telling people that Aussies are coping much better and showing more care for others. I may have to stop saying that....
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
filly

Post by filly »

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

qbawl wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:22 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:17 pm Gee, qbawl, it sounds like you just don't want ivermectin to help that poor feller.
Au contraire, I am considering donating a pill crusher (ball peen hammer) and a turkey baster to this nearby hospital.
You, sir, are a generous soul. :clap:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

an “Only In Florida” story for the ages, even by the high bar we set for such things. It started when too many people in our state convinced themselves they know more about medicine than people who studied the topic for decades. You betcha they won’t take an FDA-approved vaccine against COVID-19. But offer them a cow and horse deworming drug called Ivermectin, and they’re all in. They risk becoming deathly sick or just plain dead because their cousin knew a guy whose uncle told him about something he heard on AM-radio talk that the vaccine will plant a microchip in your head to make you believe Anthony Fauci knows something.
:rotflmao:
filly

Post by filly »

New England Patriots release Cam Newton
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2 ... arterback/
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

filly wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:37 am New England Patriots release Cam Newton
Was he a superspreader? Non-vaxxer?
tencats

Post by tencats »

Azastan wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:25 pm
filly wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:37 am New England Patriots release Cam Newton
Was he a superspreader? Non-vaxxer?

Cam Newton is assumed to be currently unvaccinated. :brickwallsmall:

Did Cam Newton’s Vaccination Status Impact Patriots’ Decision To Start Mac Jones?
https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/08/31/ ... on-status/
While Newton said earlier this summer that he didn’t care to share his vaccination status, his absence indicated that he is not fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated players are only tested once every 14 days, and they don’t face travel restrictions. Personnel who are not fully vaccinated must undergo testing through the NFL’s approved lab every day, and they face travel restrictions.

“The week that Cam Newton missed was the biggest selling point for Mac Jones. He came through big time that week,” Burton said. “I think the vaccination plays a huge role in all of this because you can’t tell whether or not another thing is going to happen that catches the Patriots off guard. And this completely caught the Patriots off guard.”

There were reports that some in the organization were frustrated by Newton’s protocol breach.

WBZ-TV’s Levan Reid also said he believes Newton being unvaccinated factored into the decision to go with Jones.

“I think vaccination played a huge part in this,” said Reid. “That Wednesday was the first day we got a chance to see Mac Jones play with the whole group, take the first team snaps. I think we can all say that was the best we’ve seen him all camp long. He looked like a pro.”
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Lani wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:31 am
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
I've been telling people that Aussies are coping much better and showing more care for others. I may have to stop saying that....
In general we haven’t given up on those ideals of community.

We always had selfish and self serving individuals as well as the stupid. They have just been tolerated/coddled more since the greed is good 80’s.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

tencats wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:34 pm

Cam Newton is assumed to be currently unvaccinated. :brickwallsmall:

Thanks, I was confused.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Last week or so I mentioned that Hubs' trumper boss broke down and got his first vaccine, despite telling him earlier he would never submit. Apparently he admitted to Hubs yesterday it was because several of his friends have caught it and they are very, very ill, although no mention of hospitalization was made to Hubs. Or death.

It's a helluva learning curve, but I'll take it.

(Hubs had told him in spring '20 he wouldn't be back until da boss put up plastic curtains to divide the shop into his working area, upholstery, and the office, which he did. It also helped that da boss rarely was on site so Hubs had the place mostly to himself.)
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Dave from down under wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:36 pm They have just been tolerated/coddled more since the greed is good 80’s.
Be careful. Some of us resemble that remark. Or at least, our avatars do!
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

orlylicious wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:18 am It's taking a LOT to not just encourage these folks to do it so there are fewer RWNJ voters but just can't.
If Floridians are really consuming enough horse dewormer that there isn't any left for horses, then there's not much to do but sit back and wait for the inevitable.
ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

Upthread I talk about local antimask/Vax, natural herd immunity, drs associated with our local hospital.

Today, they face PRN.

Serves them all right.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210831-113736_Messages.jpg
Screenshot_20210831-113736_Messages.jpg (250.5 KiB) Viewed 1141 times
Conservation is what conservation does and it sure ain't preservation.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“sit back and wait for the inevitable.” :rotflmao:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”