Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
sugar magnolia

Re: Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

Post by sugar magnolia »

LM K wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:25 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:55 am Another day, another 4 positive tests on set.
How many total?

You just can't get away from this! I'm so sorry!!

:bighug:
9 total (that we know of) but it no longer matters because we just got an email shutting the production down. A week too late.
slq

Post by slq »

My son in AZ just got tested. No results yet. His employer required it because another employee went to Disneyland (world?) and is sick. My son has no symptoms so far but he worked with the sick guy last week. He is quarantined until 2 negative tests within 24 hours.
"Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
--Yoda
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:bighug: for both of you.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
slq

Post by slq »

slq wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:19 pm My son in AZ just got tested. No results yet. His employer required it because another employee went to Disneyland (world?) and is sick. My son has no symptoms so far but he worked with the sick guy last week. He is quarantined until 2 negative tests within 24 hours.
Update: My son got his first test result back late last night. It was negative. All he needs to do to go back to work is get a second negative test today from the test yesterday.
--Yoda
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
slq

Post by slq »

Aaaand . . . his second test was negative. Three people at his work tested positive, though.
--Yoda
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Yay for him!
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:19 amYay for him!
:yeahthat: Great news!
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

slq wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:08 am Aaaand . . . his second test was negative. Three people at his work tested positive, though.
:cheer1:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Our SIL the lawyer is getting tested today. His symptoms include fatigue and coughing.

Students return to our daughter's school on the 19th. She has phoned the parents of her students to let them know that she will wear a mask in the classroom. So far no antimask pushback.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
slq

Post by slq »

BONUS: My son got the J&J vaccine today, having learned while at the testing place that they had the J&J available, which he had so far not found in his town. He was the only holdout from my immediate family (RWNJ sister and her oldest daughter and family notwithstanding, though I'd bet my not-very-healthy sister has gotten a stealth vaccine).

My son was a holdout partly due to concerns for safety, a little bit due to propaganda, but mostly because he really doesn't like needles, so the one jab was more palatable. He then posted a tongue-in-cheek FB video showing his vaccine card. :biggrin: "So far, Bill Gates hasn't shut down my bank account," "I'll let you know if babylon comes to take me away," "so far, everything seems to be OK, seems to be just a normal thing, not some big crazy conspiracy." I'm proud of him. :thumbsup: Mama is breathing easier today.
--Yoda
LM K

Post by LM K »

slq wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:28 pm BONUS: My son got the J&J vaccine today, having learned while at the testing place that they had the J&J available, which he had so far not found in his town. He was the only holdout from my immediate family (RWNJ sister and her oldest daughter and family notwithstanding, though I'd bet my not-very-healthy sister has gotten a stealth vaccine).

My son was a holdout partly due to concerns for safety, a little bit due to propaganda, but mostly because he really doesn't like needles, so the one jab was more palatable. He then posted a tongue-in-cheek FB video showing his vaccine card. :biggrin: "So far, Bill Gates hasn't shut down my bank account," "I'll let you know if babylon comes to take me away," "so far, everything seems to be OK, seems to be just a normal thing, not some big crazy conspiracy." I'm proud of him. :thumbsup:
:rotflmao:
Lani

Post by Lani »

Hawaii is swamped by the virus. 1,167 new cases this morning. Usually daily case numbers are released at noon. Today the Gov held a sudden press conference when he received the data.

The three day moving average is now 729 per day. Hospitals are swamped.

Meanwhile, 1st responders are suing about the vaccine mandate (posted under anti-vaxers). :brickwallsmall:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Lani

Post by Lani »

And now the DOH director says we need to plan ahead in case we get coronavirus just as we would prepare for a hurricane or natural disaster. Minimum of 2 weeks of everything we would need.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
LM K

Post by LM K »

Lani wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:24 pm And now the DOH director says we need to plan ahead in case we get coronavirus just as we would prepare for a hurricane or natural disaster. Minimum of 2 weeks of everything we would need.
My Mister and I are doing that next week.

Don't forget the toilet paper!!
:whistle:
Lani

Post by Lani »

LM K wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:56 pm
Lani wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:24 pm And now the DOH director says we need to plan ahead in case we get coronavirus just as we would prepare for a hurricane or natural disaster. Minimum of 2 weeks of everything we would need.
My Mister and I are doing that next week.

Don't forget the toilet paper!!
:whistle:
I picked up a couple of things today to refresh my disaster kit. What convinced me to do it now is that if someone tests positive and claims contact with me, I'll be ordered to quarantine pronto. (Oops, should have picked up some wine, too.)
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Lani wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:10 pm

I picked up a couple of things today to refresh my disaster kit. What convinced me to do it now is that if someone tests positive and claims contact with me, I'll be ordered to quarantine pronto. (Oops, should have picked up some wine, too.)
A few cases should hold you over :batting:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Lani

Post by Lani »

I'm tired.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

NSW in lockdown for the next week

2 of the spreaders charged

Other minor and last excusable
Dave from down under

Monday is my first Jab.. delayed because of low risk and colds…. Arrrgg (but allowed to leave home for it)
Dave from down under

Lani wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:47 am I'm tired.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
:brokenheart: :bighug:

If not for the crazies this could have been contained
Lani

Post by Lani »

That's right. The restrictions were to stop the spread until there was a vaccine. Then idjits refused to be vaccinated. We've seen this before in pandemics. I expect another year of the covid-19.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Dave from down under wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:19 am NSW in lockdown for the next week

Wow!
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Maybenaut wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:41 am
Dave from down under wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:19 am NSW in lockdown for the next week

Wow!
Sanity. Almost unrecognizable and surprise-inducing in our current social maladjustment.
Dave from down under

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2021-08- ... /100377702

Regional NSW in COVID-19 lockdown, joins the rest of the state

All of regional New South Wales has been placed in a seven-day lockdown until 12:01am on Sunday, 22 August.

Key points:

The new order replaces existing rules in the region
The AMA had earlier called for a state lockdown over fears the health system would be overwhelmed
People are required to stay at home unless they have a reasonable excuse to leave

About the 2 charged
Father and son (other child <18 not charged)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-13/ ... /100374346

Zoran Radovanovic, 52, was charged earlier this week after allegedly driving to Byron from his Rose Bay home in Sydney last month.

His 19-year-old son has now also been charged and is due to appear in court in September.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”