Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Coronavirus Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

Post by raison de arizona »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:02 pm
Mobile Morgues Headed to Central Florida

Advent Health in Orlando and Volusia County are in the end phases of purchasing fleets of refrigerated morgues.

Florida Public Radio station WJCT has verified the purchases from the company Mopec. A representative from the company said, "The amount they bought could easily be dispersed throughout several counties."
https://news.wgcu.org/2021-08-10/covid- ... HysfMtopNE
Well that's morbid. We had a heck of a time in NYC, mobile morgues were heavily used. One of my sons is a healthcare worker at a hospital there, he said even the mobile was pretty stuffed full with bodies stacked. The funeral homes literally couldn't keep up, they were running as much as six weeks out and beyond at one point.

But did Florida learn anything? No. Of course not. Freaking Florida man.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Rulings: J.J. Koch vs Clay Jenkins and Gov Greg Abbott]

City of San Antonio and County of Bexar vs Gov Greg Abbott *

*Edit: the second link is to the lawsuit filed against Abbott. I can't find the ruling at this time. :crying:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
LM K

Post by LM K »

This is evil. Possible number of individuals affected: 8,577. All are elderly.

Nurse is believed to be an anti-vaxxer.

A German nurse injected patients with saline instead of coronavirus vaccines, sparking fury
An outcry is brewing in Germany as thousands are set to be revaccinated after a nurse admitted to injecting patients with saline solution instead of a coronavirus vaccine.

Almost 9,000 people who may have received bogus shots in the spring will be offered new vaccinations,
Friesland District Administrator Sven Ambrosy said at a news conference Tuesday.

The nurse, who has not been publicly identified, had initially admitted to giving six patients shots of saline solution after suspicions were raised in April. She said she did so to cover up the fact that she had dropped a vial of the Pfizer vaccine, German television channel NDR reported.

However, since antibody testing was carried out, a much wider group of people is suspected to have been affected. Police have also discovered that the woman, who worked with the Red Cross, had shared vaccine-skeptical posts on social media, NDR said.

Local authorities said they do not know how many of the 8,577 people who could have been affected were not given a real vaccine, but advise that all of them get revaccinated as a precaution.Those who received the shots are all older than 70, German media reported — making them more vulnerable to covid-19, the disease that has killed more than 91,000 people in the country.

Police investigator Peter Beer said at a news conference that there was a “reasonable suspicion of danger” and cited witness statements.
:snippity:
According to the Guardian, this is being investigated by special unit that investigated politically motivated crimes.

I hope this nurse is prepared for the avalanche of lawsuits she'll be served by victims and their families..
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Only next level of evil would have been to have injected the virus.
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

Arnold is telling it like it is.

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Advent Health in Orlando and Volusia County are in the end phases of purchasing fleets of refrigerated morgues.

Florida Public Radio station WJCT has verified the purchases from the company Mopec. A representative from the company said, "The amount they bought could easily be dispersed throughout several counties."
I live in Volusia County. Our company had a Zoom meeting the day before yesterday to announce they are scrapping plans to have anyone come back to the office this year. Originally they planned to have us come back in September. Now the plans are indefinitely on hold. Thank goodness. When we have these meetings we can anonymously submit questions in advance. Someone wanted to know if the company would be willing to segregate unvaccinated from vaccinated when we do go back. Unfortunately, the company said no. But I think it shows that many of us vaccinated folk are sick and tired of the anti-mask and anti-vaxxers that are preventing the rest of us from safely going back to some normal way of life. I have gone back to having food delivered because I just don't want to mix with the locals, they are mostly a seething cauldron of Fox induced rage and toxicity.

Also, it doesn't surprise me that Volusia County would be mentioned in an article about temporary morgues.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Dexter had no problem disposing of bodies in Florida!
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

While my day job is over 92% vaxxed (minus medical and religious exemptions, if there are any) and the word came down that we all have to be vaxxed at the time of return. That 3 day a week return was recently pushed back to October.
101010 :towel:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

A truth teller.

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:yeahthat:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I came here to post that. :lol:

Man up, stick to your guns!

I am for real suffering compassion fatigue when it comes to the morons.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

And fuck your unvaxxed covid medical expenses gofundme too.

It feels very hypocritical for me to say that, considering we did one when Aidan was attacked, but she did nothing to bring that on herself. I've also donated to 2 medical expenses gofundme recently for injuries and illnesses not related to covid.
LM K

Post by LM K »

RVInit wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:48 am

I live in Volusia County. Our company had a Zoom meeting the day before yesterday to announce they are scrapping plans to have anyone come back to the office this year. Originally they planned to have us come back in September. Now the plans are indefinitely on hold. Thank goodness. When we have these meetings we can anonymously submit questions in advance. Someone wanted to know if the company would be willing to segregate unvaccinated from vaccinated when we do go back. Unfortunately, the company said no. But I think it shows that many of us vaccinated folk are sick and tired of the anti-mask and anti-vaxxers that are preventing the rest of us from safely going back to some normal way of life. I have gone back to having food delivered because I just don't want to mix with the locals, they are mostly a seething cauldron of Fox induced rage and toxicity.

Also, it doesn't surprise me that Volusia County would be mentioned in an article about temporary morgues.
I'm really glad that you're continuing to work remotely. Do you miss the office? I do.

Returning to work will require a mask mandate. A few weeks ago, the powers that be was discussing reopening plans. I was pushing my college to have everyone on campus wear a mask, regardless of vaccination status. That idea wasn't embraced by colleagues. Now that delta has arrived, I'm certain we'll have a mandatory mask mandate in addition to our almost worthless vaccine mandate (because ... Oregon).

While a formal decision hasn't been announced, I'm certain a mask mandate will be continued for many months to come (plans were to allow vaccinated folks to go maskless at the end of Sept). The college will have to scramble to institute social distancing in classes that they allowed full enrollment (idiots).

I'm waiting for the campus to just go remote again. Students are scheduled to return to on-campus classes on Sept 27. Delta won't have burned out by then, and lambda might be everywhere. The college will likely try to open but I don't think that will last long.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Here's an idea: :lol:

“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

change approved.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Had my biannual teeth cleaning today. All masking and sanitation protocols in place. When I arrived, I had to call to let them know I was there before entering, answering their questions about contacts and symptoms (I warned them about my lingering cough from my bad head cold/negative COVID test/vaccination). I was allowed to enter as there was one free chair (out of four).

I went in and toothy goodness ensued.

But as I waited between the hygienist and the dentist herself to tend to me, I heard a commotion in what I'm guessing was the waiting room. I heard loud yelling, then a stern male voice, apparently the male dentist, telling people to take it outside or he was calling the police. A few more loud voices (I couldn't make out what they were saying) and, again, the male voice telling them to leave or he's calling the police.

Apparently, the guy left. I don't know what the fuss was about but pretty sure it had to do with either/or wearing the mask in the waiting room or not wanting to wait outside in the 100 degree heat.

Crisis averted.

ImageImageImage x4
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:59 pm Had my biannual teeth cleaning today. All masking and sanitation protocols in place. When I arrived, I had to call to let them know I was there before entering, answering their questions about contacts and symptoms (I warned them about my lingering cough from my bad head cold/negative COVID test/vaccination). I was allowed to enter as there was one free chair (out of four).

I went in and toothy goodness ensued.

But as I waited between the hygienist and the dentist herself to tend to me, I heard a commotion in what I'm guessing was the waiting room. I heard loud yelling, then a stern male voice, apparently the male dentist, telling people to take it outside or he was calling the police. A few more loud voices (I couldn't make out what they were saying) and, again, the male voice telling them to leave or he's calling the police.

Apparently, the guy left. I don't know what the fuss was about but pretty sure it had to do with either/or wearing the mask in the waiting room or not wanting to wait outside in the 100 degree heat.

Crisis averted.
Coincidentally, I had work done for a crown today at my dentist. Small practice; I've become good friends with Tina the admin worker and really like the dentist (cause he's Egyptian). Tina has had a couple people grumble and make rude faces about being required to mask up (there are four signs in the door, because apparently some* people don't see them or look for them). Of course, this is NY, and there is not much actual push back.

On the way home at the market, my check-out person, a young un-masked woman, was sniffling and sneezing and hacking. I would have gone to another counter if I'd noticed before she started (I've done that before) So if I get COVID in a few days, I'll know where I got it. I started double masking again last week, so not really worried. However, Back to curbside for me!
LM K

Post by LM K »

I've been torn about going to the dentist for a cleaning/exam. I haven't been to the dentist since the pandemic began. Until covid, I was at the dentist every 6 months right on schedule. I haven't worried about a exam or cleaning; I get almost no tartar.

I'm a little nervous to schedule an exam/cleaning because of delta. Thoughts?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Call your dentist and ask what steps they're taking.

Mine makes you call before entering the lobby to answer health questions. If there's room (4 chairs that used to have maybe 15), you can enter. They take your temp. Everyone is masked and lots of signs about following CDC requirements. Lots of sanitizer and plexiglass shields (with signs instructing people to NOT peak around) when you check in and out.

One guy walked in with his mask in his hand, probably from the phone call, and was told, very sternly, to put it back on. I figure it wasn't intentional, probably still putting his phone away and just slipped his mind.

ImageImageImage x4
bob

Post by bob »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:00 pm Call your dentist and ask what steps they're taking.

Mine makes you call before entering the lobby to answer health questions. If there's room (4 chairs that used to have maybe 15), you can enter. They take your temp. Everyone is masked and lots of signs about following CDC requirements. Lots of sanitizer and plexiglass shields (with signs instructing people to NOT peak around) when you check in and out.
:yeahthat:

My dentist is very transparent about the processes the office is using. I'm comforted by not only knowing what the processes are, but that the staff is happy to discuss them, your concerns, etc., with you.

If you get a dismissive vibe or a "THaT VIoLaTEs HIppA," switch dentists. (But still see a dentist.)
Image ImageImage
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Come for the freedom. Stay for the ventilators.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/bikers- ... 963LYqIbfU
Gov. Kristi Noem: Bikers come to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally (and South Dakota) for freedom

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Supreme Court rejects challenge to Indiana University's vaccination requirement
Eight students asked the court for an emergency order, arguing the risks of vaccination outweigh potential benefits to those in their age group.

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court refused on Thursday to block Indiana University's requirement that students receive a Covid vaccine to attend classes in the fall semester.

It was the first legal test of a Covid vaccine mandate to come before the justices. A challenge to the policy was directed to Amy Coney Barrett, the justice in charge of that region of the country, who denied it. There were no noted dissents from other justices.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/suprem ... t-n1276714

As I searched for a news link in twitter, I came across a loooooot of pissed-off anti-vaxers, so disappointed that ACB has let them down "again."

ImageImageImage x4
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

Big news day...
Kaivan Shroff
@KaivanShroff
BREAKING UPDATE: We recently learned @RandPaul
’s wife bought Remdisivir stock (used to treat COVID) early in the pandemic — despite Rand lying about the crisis.

We’ve now learned this was the *only time in 10 years* that Rand or his wife bought shares of an individual stock.

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Now that it has been a few months and my vax installed DNA-changing microchip is lighting up like a Christmas tree along with my phone, laptop, and vacuum sending out all my vital information, movements, and statements, I should send a little message out to the poor slob and Grand Conspiracy HQ who was assigned to monitor me.

I don't know what you did to your boss but you are most definitely not on the career advancement track. I recommend some serious groveling. As an alternative, you might consider a change to a far more exhilarating career, like watching paint dry.

Good luck.
101010 :towel:

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”