The Stupid Thread

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

The Stupid Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Baker says angry customer told him his cake ‘ruined’ her daughter’s birthday

Joseph Lamour
Updated Wed, September 25, 2024 at 1:15 PM GMT+2·

A Southern baker’s not-so-sweet experience with an angry customer has garnered sympathy across the internet.

Earlier this month, Gregory Mason, who owns Treat Yo’ Self Bakery in Wilson, North Carolina with his husband Alexander Mason, posted a video on his TikTok (@trashyqweenz) telling the story about a customer who was unsatisfied with their birthday cake order — and it went viral, collecting over 25 million views.

“So apparently I made this 6-year-old cry, she’s heartbroken, ruined her entire birthday, because this cake is just so ugly,” Mason says in the video. “Literally says, ‘You have over a million followers and can’t decorate a simple unicorn cake?’”

Mason explains that his customer — the child’s mother — brought the cake back in for him to remake it.

The unhappy mom had many gripes with the cake: She said it didn’t match the inspiration picture she provided; she didn’t like the roses; she thought the border looked “like toothpaste”; and the text being written in cursive was “not kid-friendly,” just to name a few.

“The kicker for me is the colors. I went out of my way to use these natural food colors she supplied for an allergy, because no other place would,” Mason continues in the video, showing himself re-mixing the colors to be darker, per the client’s request.

Mason says he doesn’t “usually share customer interactions” but decided to film himself redoing the cake with a second unicorn design. “Because if you come into my business and treat me like I’m an incompetent piece of trash and say you’re going to start posting stuff, then I’m going to post stuff, too, and stand up for myself,” he says.

“If you don’t like the cake, then let’s just have a polite conversation and figure out the miscommunication,” Mason concludes his video. “Not coming at me hot saying I crushed your 6-year-old’s unicorn dreams.”

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/baker-s ... 56249.html
(original: TODAY)
the video
► Show Spoiler
RTH10260

The Stupid Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Homeowners forced to move after builders fill in retention pond, build house on top

Next 9NEWS
21 Sept 2024

After a basement flood, the Town of Johnstown decided they had no other choice but to buy four homes back, bulldoze the land and rebuild the retention pond.
RTH10260

The Stupid Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Did you hear the one about the Electric Ferry...? 😂😂

Geoff Buys Cars
2 Oct 2024

All credit to the author of this one!

This is the story about how the Missunde 3, an electric ferry, replaced the Missunde 2, a polluting, old fashioned diesel ferry, in Germany.

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”