RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

just for the fun of it
Watch: Trump Struggles to Stay Focused in Odd, Rambling Speech

Edith Olmsted
Updated Tue, September 24, 2024 at 11:39 PM GMT+2

Donald Trump’s speech went completely off the rails during a campaign rally in Savannah, Georgia, Tuesday.

Trump lurched over the podium as he sped through several different topics, dispensing falsehoods at an event that was intended to be about the economy. To be sure, Trump did talk about his tariffs, saying, “The word tariff properly used is a beautiful word. One of the most beautiful words I’ve ever heard. It’s music to my ears.”

As Trump continued, he appeared to be out of it, misspeaking several times.

“We did so much! We gave you—before—the greatest, the biggest tax hikes in the history of our country,” Trump boasted. In reality, the former president installed a series of tax cuts that mostly benefited the country’s top one percent of earners.

Later, Trump referred to Charlottesville, Virginia, as “Charlottestown.”

Trump spoke so rapidly that, at one point, the Republican nominee appeared to wipe drool from his lip. He went on to claim that California was plagued by “blackouts and brownouts” and experienced one “every 10 seconds,” which was preventing people from using air conditioning during the summer.

Trump seemed particularly animated as he rattled between different outlandish claims.

“I HAVE A CHART, that’s my all time favorite. I love that. Is it around? Is it a—?” Trump wandered away from the podium. Finding no chart, he pretended one was floating behind him and acted out hugging and kissing it, while the audience applauded. “I LOVE that chart. I sleep with that chart, every night I kiss it. I love it.”

He continued to spread disputed claims that a Venezuelan gang had taken over an apartment building in Aurora, Colorado. “They’re going to take over a lot more than Aurora, they’re going to go through Colorado, take over the whole damn state, unless … I become president,” Trump said, smiling.

Trump also joked that in Springfield, Ohio, Mayor Rob Rue was “looking for interpreters.” When his line fell flat, he repeated it again: “He’s looking all over the, f—interpreters. Because they can’t understand, the language is totally different. What the hell?”

Trump then repeated his baseless claim that Kamala Harris never actually worked at McDonald’s, again offering to try a shift there.

“She lied about McDonald’s. She said, ‘I was a worker in McDonald’s. And I stood over the french fries—.’ I’m going to a McDonald’s over the next two weeks. And I’M GOING TO STAND OVER THE FRENCH FRIES! Because I want to see what her job really wasn’t like,” Trump ranted.

While speaking about Russia’s military incursion into Ukraine, the former president said he doubted anyone could beat Russia. “That’s what they do is, they fight wars. As somebody told me the other day, they beat Hitler, they beat Napoleon. That’s what they do, they fight,” Trump said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/watch-trump- ... 44931.html
(original: The New Republic)
Chilidog

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Chilidog »

Saw this and had to pass it along
Trump is saying he will send Haitians back to Venezuela.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by zekeb »

Chilidog wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 6:59 am Saw this and had to pass it along
Trump is saying he will send Haitians back to Venezuela.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
So he can be with them after the election?
Largo al factotum.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

That quote was from a couple of weeks ago
'Hitlerian': Trump Vows to Deport Haitians Legally in Ohio to Venezuela
"The lies and conspiracies about Haitians are part of a larger volume of anti-immigrant and dehumanizing rhetoric that actively courts political violence," one immigrant rights advocate said.

Olivia Rosane
Sep 14, 2024

U.S. President Donald Trump escalated his attack on the Haitian immigrant community of Springfield, Ohio on Friday when he promised to begin his mass deportation plan there if elected president.

"We will do large deportations from Springfield, Ohio, large deportations," Trump told reporters at his golf course near Los Angeles, California. "We're going to get these people out. We're bringing them back to Venezuela."

Trump's remarks come despite the fact that most of the immigrants in Springfield are from Haiti and are in the country legally. Trump had previously pledged to deport the 15 to 20 million people who he says are or will be in this country illegally by the time he takes office. Speaking on Friday, he repeated his vow to carry out the "largest deportations in the history of our country," starting in Springfield and Aurora, Colorado, where online rumors have exaggerated isolated incidents of Venezuelan gang activity.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/trump ... s-haitians
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Mr brolin »

Much rambling incoherence as one would expect

https://us.cnn.com/2024/09/25/politics/ ... index.html

Then there is this little gem

“They just don’t know what to do. They’re locked into a situation. It’s sad, they just don’t know what to do. Because Ukraine is gone, it’s not Ukraine anymore. You can never replace those cities and towns, and you can never replace the dead people, so many dead people,” Trump said.

He said making a deal earlier in the conflict to cede some territory to the Russians would have prevented more catastrophe. Trump argued Biden should have been able to orchestrate a deal between Russia and Ukraine that avoided any bloodshed and argued that even a “bad deal” and one where Ukraine had “given up a little bit,” would’ve been preferable to the war.

Apart from the general outright lies..... one wonders, if he vomited the same message but swapped "Russians" with "immigrants and "Ukraine" with "the border" would he be quite so happy about doing a deal, cede'ing US territory etc......

Well, my first mistake is of course in assuming he can actually think, second, understand equivalence, 3rd, not be a senile, racist pig.......
pipistrelle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

I worry less about what he "thinks" vs. the millions of minions who feel he makes sense.
RVInit

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RVInit »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 1:34 pm FWIW
EXCLUSIVE: The Trump campaign is still being hacked

Judd Legum
Sep 24, 2024

Email communications from individuals associated with the Trump campaign have been hacked by malign actors within the last ten days, Popular Information has confirmed.

Three U.S. intelligence agencies have released joint statements, on August 18 and September 19, warning of "Iranian malicious cyber actors" who have obtained "stolen, non-public material from former President Trump’s campaign." Iran has denied any role in the hack.

:snippity:
Funny how that New York office of the FBI, who love to leak information about Democrats, for some reason isn't touching this. Nothing coming out at all. Imagine that.
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
Dr. Ken

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Dr. Ken »

Another grift

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Rolodex

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Rolodex »

Making only 147 of them! Tag line: "It's Trump Time!"

Looking at a still cap of him on any video, it's hard to tell if it's a "press conference," rally, speech from MaL or a commercial. He's a one trick pony.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Foggy »

Gold fringe on the flags means these are admiralty watches.
:rimshot:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Slim Cognito »

100k eh?

They'll be selling the knock offs on street corners for $50 within the week.
May the bridges I burn light my way.

ImageImageImage x5
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Foggy »

... from the taco trucks.
Rolodex

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Rolodex »

Foggy wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 1:00 pm Gold fringe on the flags means these are admiralty watches.
:rimshot:
Good catch!
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Slim Cognito »

Did anybody ever get their gold sneakers?
May the bridges I burn light my way.

ImageImageImage x5
Suranis

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Suranis »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 8:39 am I worry less about what he "thinks" vs. the millions of minions who feel he makes sense.
Its not that they think he makes sense. Its the fact that loving him is what they have to do to remain part of the Tribe. And that being in his presence makes them feel complete, that they are important.
Hic sunt dracones
Volkonski
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Volkonski »

Donald Trump Is Quitting Golf on His Own Courses

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-tr ... etter%20PM
Former president and avid golfer Donald Trump seems to have resigned himself to the fact that—after two assassination attempts in three months and amid a host of other security risks—it might be a good idea to avoid his own courses for a while.

According to a New York Times report published Wednesday, the stubborn, set-in-his-ways Trump had told advisors “he is not planning to play golf—his main source of relaxation—at his courses.”

On Wednesday, U.S. prosecutors charged Ryan Wesley Routh with trying to assassinate Trump near the GOP presidential candidate’s Florida golf course earlier this month, highlighting existing concerns among security officials that his love of the links poses a considerable risk.

“I used to play golf a little bit, but that seems to be quite a dangerous sport in retrospect,” Trump joked last week, in an interview with Sinclair Broadcast Group show Full Measure, referring to his alleged would-be assassin.

The official Trump Golf website says the former president owns 18 courses—15 are open, while one course in Oman and two in Indonesia are set to launch at a future date.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by neonzx »

Volkonski wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:18 pm Donald Trump Is Quitting Golf on His Own Courses
I call B.S.
pipistrelle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

What does he need to relax from? His hard-working lifestyle?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:44 pm What does he need to relax from? His hard-working lifestyle?
Grifting is hard work. Wait until he starts pushing Trump cryptocurrency.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by zekeb »

neonzx wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:20 pm
Volkonski wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:18 pm Donald Trump Is Quitting Golf on His Own Courses
I call B.S.
I wonder if he'll keep looking from the corner of his eye if he loses the election. That has to be messing with his game.
Largo al factotum.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Losing too much money having to shut down the entire course, Donnyboy?
Dave from down under

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Dave from down under »

If he loses, which I fervently hope he will,
Apart from his ego preventing him from admitting defeat, to do so would put him in the crosshairs of some of his more delusional followers who will feel that he had failed them.
zekeb

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by zekeb »

I keep reading about people leaving his "rallies" early. I bet most of those are people who only attend long enough to be able to tell their grandchildren that they heard the Great Madman speak and give insight about what they read about this era in the history books.
Largo al factotum.
RVInit

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RVInit »

He wasn't in the slightest bit of danger in the golf course incident. He was surrounded by Secret Service. Additional agents were traveling through the course ahead of Trump, they saw the potential shooter, they shot at him, he never got any shots off. Trump was never in this man's sights, he ran away, leaving his rifle leaning against the chain link fence, and was spotted and brought into custody on the highway. Trump was never in danger, never saw the guy, the guy never raised his weapon at Trump and certainly never shot at him.

Trump was given full Secret Service protection after the first incident. SS did what they were supposed to do. They prevented any actual incident of gunfire, and the man was arrested. I don't know how much better they could have done.
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
pipistrelle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

RVInit wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 4:50 pm He wasn't in the slightest bit of danger in the golf course incident. He was surrounded by Secret Service. Additional agents were traveling through the course ahead of Trump, they saw the potential shooter, they shot at him, he never got any shots off. Trump was never in this man's sights, he ran away, leaving his rifle leaning against the chain link fence, and was spotted and brought into custody on the highway. Trump was never in danger, never saw the guy, the guy never raised his weapon at Trump and certainly never shot at him.
I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. It looks like an assassination attempt, but since he never did anything was it one?

Has there been media silence over the first one? I feel like it went suddenly quiet over that.

Return to “US President”