Hijack This Thread

MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

Just home from Dullas after picking up my British Mister's sister and brother in law from across the pond. So great to have them here. AND we have the cousins coming from Philly in a couple of days. I have visions of a very busy kitchen for the next few days :lovestruck:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Hijack This Thread

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bunny:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Hijack This Thread

Post by bill_g »

Helpful park signs
Dr. Ken

Hijack This Thread

Post by Dr. Ken »

More on P. Diddy/#TheDiddler

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/sean-d ... 024-09-17/

Sean 'Diddy' Combs charged with racketeering, sex trafficking
According to the 14-page indictment, Combs turned his business empire into a criminal enterprise in which he and associates engaged in sex trafficking, forced labor and other crimes.
The indictment said Combs threatened and coerced women to "fulfill his sexual desires," and on numerous occasions starting around 2009 assaulted women by "striking, punching, dragging, throwing objects at, and kicking them."
Prosecutors said Combs' employees helped arrange the events by booking hotel rooms and buying controlled substances and other items used during sex. Prosecutors said authorities found drugs and 1,000 bottles of baby oil and lubricant during searches of Combs' homes.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
MN-Skeptic

Hijack This Thread

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Good grief -

https://x.com/eorden/status/1836067697731240105
erica orden
@eorden

SDNY U.S. Attorney Damian Williams says federal agents seized three defaced AR-15s from the search of Sean Combs's properties.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Hijack This Thread

Post by Frater I*I »

He definitely doing time for the fire arms violations...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

What does 'defaced' mean here. Serial numbers removed?
Rolodex

Hijack This Thread

Post by Rolodex »

What does "defaced" mean wrt an AR-15? The serial number is filed off?

One of the 2 charges against the golf course squatter is possession of a gun with serial number obliterated.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Secret Service warned Trump against playing at golf club over security concerns: report

Brad Reed
September 16, 2024 3:41PM ET

The United States Secret Service on Sunday arrested a man whom they believed was trying to assassinate former President Donald Trump while he played golf at his club in Florida.

However, it seems that concerns about the security of the Trump International Golf Club have been well known for weeks now.

ABC News' Katherine Faulders reports that the Secret Service had warned Trump against playing at the Trump International Golf Club after it conducted a threat assessment at multiple Trump properties in the wake of the first attempt on his life in July.

"Trump International is a residential course surrounded by houses on most of the holes, so it's much harder to manage from a security perspective," Faulders wrote, citing unnamed sources.

It is unknown if the Secret Service had resolved its security concerns about the Trump International club before Trump took in a round of golf on Sunday.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-golf-secret-service/
AndyinPA
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

I don't think they have been happy, from at the least a security concern, since he "won" his first election. He's a sitting duck on a golf course.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Hijack This Thread

Post by jez »

Here is a question that I'm sure has been answered, I'm just lazy.

I have an interview for an internal position that I have currently been "displaced" from. I will have to move to take the job, this is without question. IF I get the job, I'm wondering about my vote.

I live in Ohio currently. I would have to move to another state. If the move is on November 1, and I have already done early voting or absentee voting in Ohio, will my vote count? Because, technically I'm no longer a resident of the state, since I will have u-hauled my possessions. But, I'm not yet a resident of the new state.

Pickles! I got yer pickles here!
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Dr. Ken

Hijack This Thread

Post by Dr. Ken »

Putting a spoiler on this as I'm censoring this unless you want to view it. Diddy chasing down a woman trying to get away from him and beating her up. The dude is a terrible human being
► Show Spoiler
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

All you Stephen Richer ladies need to read my gift link story in the Arizona thread. :shock:
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

Okay, who can identify this little bugger, he and a crapload of his friends that are eating my green beans! :confuzzled:
IMG_Bug.jpeg
IMG_Bug.jpeg (31.58 KiB) Viewed 971 times
sugar magnolia

Hijack This Thread

Post by sugar magnolia »

Pretty sure that's a shield bug of some description.
Dr. Ken

Hijack This Thread

Post by Dr. Ken »

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:38 am More on P. Diddy/#TheDiddler

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/sean-d ... 024-09-17/

Sean 'Diddy' Combs charged with racketeering, sex trafficking
According to the 14-page indictment, Combs turned his business empire into a criminal enterprise in which he and associates engaged in sex trafficking, forced labor and other crimes.
The indictment said Combs threatened and coerced women to "fulfill his sexual desires," and on numerous occasions starting around 2009 assaulted women by "striking, punching, dragging, throwing objects at, and kicking them."
Prosecutors said Combs' employees helped arrange the events by booking hotel rooms and buying controlled substances and other items used during sex. Prosecutors said authorities found drugs and 1,000 bottles of baby oil and lubricant during searches of Combs' homes.
Indictment is out. 3 counts so far.

https://static01.nyt.com/newsgraphics/d ... 9-full.pdf

Racketeering
Sex Trafficking by Force
Transporation to Engage in prostitution.

Denied bail

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

How the west’s wellness industry is driving Ethiopia’s frankincense trees towards extinction
As rich westerners fuel demand for the ancient fragrance, a lucrative race for the resin is killing the trees but leaving little of the trade’s profit for those gathering it

By Fred Harter in Tseykeme
Mon 16 Sep 2024 08.00 CEST

In a busy corner of London, well-heeled shoppers and tourists browse a constellation of stores selling bottles and jars of frankincense-derived cosmetics. Amid the aromatic resin sheathed under glass, there are various anti-ageing serums, creams, perfumes and essences.

At one counter, a sales assistant is advising customers on how much essential oil to add to a nebuliser to make guests feel relaxed “without overwhelming them”. Another explains frankincense’s moisturising properties, including its alleged ability to smooth out fine lines caused by smiling and squinting. In terms of popularity, she says, it now far outstrips other botanicals.

It also fetches high prices. Among the stores, a small bottle of frankincense skin cream or vial of eye serum can cost upwards of £80. At one counter, a luxury brand sells “virile” perfumes infused with frankincense for hundreds of pounds a bottle. An aromatherapy company hails frankincense as the “king of essential oils” and claims it can promote cellular health and immunity. Their 15ml bottles retail at almost £90.

Frankincense has been harvested in the Horn of Africa and across the Red Sea in the Arabian peninsula for millennia. In ancient Egypt, it was prized for its deep, woody fragrance. The three magi are supposed to have brought a gift of it to the baby Jesus along with gold and myrrh, and many churches still burn it during services.

Until about 20 years ago, “the demand for frankincense was mostly from churches,” says Frans Bongers, professor of forest ecology and management at Wageningen University in the Netherlands. Recently, however, this ancient resin has become a hot commodity globally as its alleged health benefits catch the attention of the wellness industry, a sector worth about $5.6tn a year.

“Now big companies are buying up everything they can,” Bongers says. “Anything you can produce, there is a market.”

Frankincense extraction, however, remains firmly rooted in its ancient past. Supply chains are murky and fragmented, often marked by exploitation and violence, and dominated by middlemen, who skim off most of the raw resin’s value.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... -fragrance
bill_g

Hijack This Thread

Post by bill_g »

MsDaisy 2 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:45 pm Okay, who can identify this little bugger, he and a crapload of his friends that are eating my green beans! :confuzzled:
IMG_Bug.jpeg
It's a stink bug of some kind, but the exact species is unknown. But, being a stink bug is enough to tell me it will be hard to fight. You can try spraying soapy water of them, but these guys tend to drop to the ground when approached, disappear in the litter, and crawl or fly back when the danger is gone.

Link to bug ID page with similar critters
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

There has to be an app to identify insects. Our future continuation as a species depends on our ability to combat the insects, as everyone knows.
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
much ado

Hijack This Thread

Post by much ado »

MsDaisy 2 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:45 pm Okay, who can identify this little bugger, he and a crapload of his friends that are eating my green beans! :confuzzled:
Looks like a nymph of the green stink bug. Adult, nymphs, and eggs...

From Green Stink Bug, Worth a Look in Seed-Filling Soybean Fields

See also Wikipedia: Green Stink Bug
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Hijack This Thread

Post by keith »

IMG_Bug.jpeg
It's what is colloquially known as a bog.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
bill_g

Hijack This Thread

Post by bill_g »

much ado wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:01 pm
Looks like a nymph of the green stink bug. Adult, nymphs, and eggs...

[img]https: //extension.entm.purdue.edu/newsletters/pestandcrop/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2019/09/GSBadultEggs3NymphsSoyLf72.jpg[/img]

From Green Stink Bug, Worth a Look in Seed-Filling Soybean Fields

See also Wikipedia: Green Stink Bug
Very good! The Google Fu is strong with this one it is.
much ado

Hijack This Thread

Post by much ado »

:thankyou:
MN-Skeptic

Hijack This Thread

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I posted recently that I had just learned that you can take a photo and your iPhone will identify the flower, the bug, the breed of dog, whatever, in the Photos app. Well, I pressed and held on that little bugger photo while on my iPad. No, the insect was too small to identify, but it did try to identify the plant. And the clear photo of the stink bug in a later post could be identified within Safari. Cool.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Hijack This Thread

Post by northland10 »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:33 pm I posted recently that I had just learned that you can take a photo and your iPhone will identify the flower, the bug, the breed of dog, whatever, in the Photos app. Well, I pressed and held on that little bugger photo while on my iPad. No, the insect was too small to identify, but it did try to identify the plant. And the clear photo of the stink bug in a later post could be identified within Safari. Cool.
Earlier, Foggy said I could identify birds by looking at them. I guess he might be right. I looked out the window yesterday and saw a hawk flying nearby. More specifically, it was a Black Hawk (which was not really black but a dark green). It had some red and white birthmark on it.

It looked this this (not the same bird but the same type):

101010 :towel:

Return to “General Stuff”