JD Vance, fake hillbilly, is tfg's vice presidential candidate

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Someone randomly in my feed on Threads this morning referred to Vance as 'Jethro Dull' and I can't stop laughing.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Post by Foggy »

Yabbut, if'n one of these whacko birds does manage to assassinate the quadfectee, Vance might win with a sympathy vote. I worry and fret. :daydreaming:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

These assholes

What's going to be the excuse when someone is killed?
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

JD this Monday night.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Effing. Delusional..
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Trump and Vance and delusional dangerous weirdo’s

Likes attract
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Locals called it a ‘miracle’ when the steel plant in JD Vance’s home town got $500m for an upgrade
But Trump’s running mate calls shifting the US to cleaner energy a ‘green scam’

Oliver Milman in Middletown, Ohio
Mon 16 Sep 2024 12.00 CEST

Ahulking steel plant in Middletown, Ohio, is the city’s economic heartbeat as well as a keystone origin story of JD Vance, the hometown senator now running to be Donald Trump’s vice-president.

Its future, however, may hinge upon $500m in funding from landmark climate legislation that Vance has called a “scam” and is a Trump target for demolition.

In March, Joe Biden’s administration announced the US’s largest ever grant to produce greener steel, enabling the Cleveland-Cliffs facility in Middletown to build one of the largest hydrogen fuel furnaces in the world, cutting emissions by a million tons a year by ditching the coal that accelerates the climate crisis and befouls the air for nearby locals.

In a blue-collar urban area north of Cincinnati that has long pinned its fortunes upon the vicissitudes of the US steel industry, the investment’s promise of a revitalized plant with 170 new jobs and 1,200 temporary construction positions was met with jubilation among residents and unions.

“It felt like a miracle, an answered prayer that we weren’t going to be left to die on the vine,” said Michael Bailey, who is now a pastor in Middletown but worked at the plant, then owned by Armco, for 30 years.

“It hit the news and you could almost hear everybody screaming, ‘Yay yay yay!’,” said Heather Gibson, owner of the Triple Moon cafe in central Middletown. “It showed commitment for the long term. It was just so exciting.”

This funding from the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA), the $370bn bill to turbocharge clean energy signed by Biden after narrowly passing Congress via Democratic votes in 2022, has been far less thrilling to Vance, however, despite his deep personal ties to the Cleveland-Cliffs plant.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng- ... imate-ohio
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

If Jethro Dull does not become Veep, he can always approach DeSantis for a job. Sounds like they are soul mates.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

J.D. Vance accuses Kamala Harris of putting America on 'path to slavery'

David Edwards
September 17, 2024 2:14PM ET

Republican vice presidential nominee J.D. Vance told supporters Tuesday that Vice President Kamala Harris was putting the country on a "path to slavery."

During a rally in Sparta, Michigan, Vance claimed Harris was "trying to make us buy more and more Chinese-made electric vehicles."

The candidate argued that his presidential running mate, Donald Trump, wanted Americans to "buy more cars in Michigan, not in some foreign country."

"Kamala Harris wants to ship everybody's job off to China and then turn them into welfare dependents," he insisted. "That is not a path to prosperity, that is a path to slavery, and it's what Kamala Harris has been doing for three and a half years."

According to Reuters, fact checks determined that Harris was "a descendant of both slaves and slave owners."

https://www.rawstory.com/jd-vance-slavery/
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I saw a video where he said “20,000 migrants from Haysha.” Where the frack is that?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

JD Vance defends pet-eating remarks: ‘The media has a responsibility to fact-check’
Republican VP nominee claims at Wisconsin rally that constituents told him ‘they’d seen something in Springfield’

Alice Herman in Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Wed 18 Sep 2024 02.29 CEST

JD Vance defended his comments about Haitian immigrants eating pets during a Tuesday rally, saying that “the media has a responsibility to fact-check” stories – not him.

The rally in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, came two days after the Ohio senator told CNN host Dana Bash it was OK “to create stories” to draw attention to issues his constituents care about, regarding inflammatory and unfounded claims that Haitian immigrants in Springfield, Ohio, had eaten residents’ pets.

The comments, in which he appeared to say that politicians can brazenly lie, drew immediate rebuke. But during his rally, Vance defended them and claimed that numerous constituents had told him “they’d seen something in Springfield”.

“On top of it, if there are certain people who refuse to listen to them, who refuse to take their concerns seriously,” he said, “that’s when it’s my job as United States senator to listen to my constituents.”

Vance took questions from reporters but knocked the press repeatedly, a line of attack that brought the crowd to their feet.

“When I said – and the media always does this, they’re very dishonest – when I say that I created a story, I’m talking about the media story, by focusing the press’s intention on what’s going on in Springfield,” said Vance.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ants-media
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:doh: The media did fact check, and then you and your boss didn't like what they found: nothing but nonsense. :blackeye:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

JD Vance says US could drop support for NATO if Europe tries to regulate Elon Musk’s platforms
Republican vice presidential nominee says ‘Germans and other nations’ – not Russia – would ‘have to fund Ukraine’s reconstruction’

Gustaf Kilander
Washington DC

JD Vance has suggested that American support for NATO should be predicated on the European Union not regulating Elon Musk and his X social media platform, formerly known as Twitter.

The Republican vice presidential nominee and Ohio senator claimed in an interview with YouTuber Shawn Ryan that a top EU official had threatened to arrest the billionaire if he allowed former President Donald Trump back on X.

“The leader, I forget exactly which official it was within the European Union, but sent Elon this threatening letter that basically said, ‘We’re going to arrest you if you platform Donald Trump,’ who, by the way, is the likely next president of the United States,” Vance said in the interview published last week.

Trump’s running mate then suggested that US support for NATO should be used as a cudgel to get the Europeans in line.

“So what America should be saying is, if NATO wants us to continue supporting them and NATO wants us to continue to be a good participant in this military alliance, why don’t you respect American values and respect free speech?” Vance asked. “It’s insane that we would support a military alliance if that military alliance isn’t going to be pro-free speech. I think we can do both. But we’ve got to say American power comes with certain strings attached. One of those is respect free speech, especially in our European allies.”

Musk has been accused of banning several journalists since taking over Twitter, now X.

“I’m not going to go to some backwoods country and tell them how to live their lives,” Vance added. “But European countries should theoretically share American values, especially about some very basic things like free speech.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 14525.html
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Is JDV loosing his marble? His boss wants to retreat the US from the global stage and JDV threatens Europe with intervention?
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

JD knew it was false even before the debate as his staff looked into it.

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

The lady who the Vance team says is the source of the cat story now says her cat was found healthy in her basement a few days later and she has appologized to her neighbors.

So a cat goes missing and your fist thought is that your neighbor has eaten it?
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

keith wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:38 pm The lady who the Vance team says is the source of the cat story now says her cat was found healthy in her basement a few days later and she has appologized to her neighbors.

Around here people post to the local cat rescue, which offers tips and help in finding cats (they usually don't go too far). But I guess we're weird.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:58 pm
keith wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:38 pm The lady who the Vance team says is the source of the cat story now says her cat was found healthy in her basement a few days later and she has appologized to her neighbors.

Around here people post to the local cat rescue, which offers tips and help in finding cats (they usually don't go too far). But I guess we're weird.
We tape photocopies of lost stuff including pets on the mailbox cluster down at the road.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Yeah, my first thought is "did I lock her in the garage again?"
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

keith wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 10:18 pm Yeah, my first thought is "did I lock her in the garage again?"
Yep. First thought: 'migrant family stole the pet and cooked it.' And posted that to social media.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

neonzx wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 10:24 pm
keith wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 10:18 pm Yeah, my first thought is "did I lock her in the garage again?"
Yep. First thought: 'migrant family stole the pet and cooked it.' And posted that to social media.
Yeah. No shit. Another Karen. My goto when Sweetie Pie doesn't show for a day is the coyotes were well fed last night. Sit on the back porch at night. Every time a train comes through it blows it's horn before the bridge. The coyotes respond, and the sound comes from all around. The Haitians are silent. I have no idea where they are.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

bill_g wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 9:54 pm

We tape photocopies of lost stuff including pets on the mailbox cluster down at the road.
Weird. Not, “The migrant family next door is playing soccer with Fluffy’s skull”?
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 10:43 pm
bill_g wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 9:54 pm
Weird. Not, “The migrant family next door is playing soccer with Fluffy’s skull”?
We all do our part to Keep Portland Weird.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

If you are -- as she is -- a MAGA Republican, you will immediately attribute the fault to "Teh Gayz", "Blech Mooslims", "dang furriners", or "Demonrats", and preferrably some combination of more than one.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

bill_g wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 10:41 pm
neonzx wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 10:24 pm
Yeah. No shit. Another Karen. My goto when Sweetie Pie doesn't show for a day is the coyotes were well fed last night. Sit on the back porch at night. Every time a train comes through it blows it's horn before the bridge. The coyotes respond, and the sound comes from all around. The Haitians are silent. I have no idea where they are.
:think: maybe the Haitians did not eat the coyotes but the other way 'round :?: :confuzzled:

Return to “Current Politics”