Campaign Signs 2024

sugar magnolia

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by sugar magnolia »

My friend around the corner is making Kamala signs and putting them up all over town. She gets the cut-offs from the coroplast sign company down the road and just hand draws a simple "Kamala" with maybe some lines or stars or something if there's room. 3-pack of blue markers from the Dollar Tree and she's in business. She's made well over 100 and now has several other people who are helping her.
p0rtia

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by p0rtia »

Brava.
p0rtia

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by p0rtia »

THE yard sign.jpg
THE yard sign.jpg (217.12 KiB) Viewed 1424 times
AndyinPA
Verified:

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by AndyinPA »

:lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Rolodex

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by Rolodex »

That's too perfect!
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
pipistrelle

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

I was in a reddish part of a red state yesterday. Several Harris signs or flags. One tfg flag only. Most signs were for candidates for local offices.

As a non-driver, I don't get out much but I don't recall seeing a tfg flag on a vehicle. Today Mexican flags everywhere.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by Foggy »

Estiveo wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 5:27 pm I hop over the hill to the San Joaquin Valley a couple times a year to visit my brother, Bosco, in the lovely town of Manteca.
I love the town of Manteca, been there several times. It means lard in Spanish (butter is mantequilla, little manteca). :biggrin:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by northland10 »

I saw somebody in a van that had what I first thought were Trump flags, and then I noticed the had different words though the same design.

JESUS
Make America Pray Again

Or something like that. It was weird, but I suppose it was not Trump so there is that.
101010 :towel:
Rolodex

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by Rolodex »

northland10 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:24 am I saw somebody in a van that had what I first thought were Trump flags, and then I noticed the had different words though the same design.

JESUS
Make America Pray Again

Or something like that. It was weird, but I suppose it was not Trump so there is that.
Yeah we had a bunch of "Jesus 2020" signs that year.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
northland10

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by northland10 »

I have sometimes used signs as a gauge of where the election might go. It is not a perfect system. In 2008, I would have expected to the winner to be somebody named For Sale.

He's not nearly as popular this year.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by AndyinPA »

I'm seeing more former guy signs, but some of them are old. Also, I'm seeing signs for republican local candidates, but no former guy. I did see more Harris signs out today, including one big cloth one that said Harris Walz and Save Democracy. :thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️🥥🌴✅

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by poplove »

@NotHoodlum
They got tired of their Harris/Walz signs being stolen.
John Thomas8

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by John Thomas8 »

There's a disturbing number of former guy signs in suburbia Wake County NC. Raleigh bedroom towns of Apex, Holly Springs and Fuquay are transplant bases for the tech companies in RTP, so nominally the residents are educated. It's sad how prevalent the signs are.
pipistrelle

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

This weekend a friend and I left our respective mostly Democratic-leaning bubbles and drove out into several rural areas and through some small towns for a nature escape. I expected lots of Trump/Trump-Vance signs. What I saw were an almost equal number of Harris/Harris-Walz signs. I checked the 2020 voting of two of the counties. Big gap between Trump and opponent (e.g., 57% to 41% Trump v. Biden in 2020; 61% to 34% Trump v. Clinton in 2016). I was surprised to see any Harris signs. In some cases there would be Trump and Harris signs a house or two apart. One farm field had a big Trump sign, but that I expect. Many still have the MAGA slogan; only a few had the updated Save America one.

I didn't see any trucks bedecked in wraps/big flags/etc.

I will say the people in houses with Trump flags, judging from the look of the value of the house and vehicles and landscaping, are not suffering for paying $3 for a dozen eggs.

I'm going to keep an eye on the results for these counties. Trump will likely win them, but I'm guessing by not as wide a margin.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by Slim Cognito »

Couple of weeks ago I took a boat ride down a river, don't remember the name, in northern Illinois north of Chicago. Saw two Harris signs and probably 10 to 15 Trump ones. River frontage, nice docks, big boats. Yeah, these guys aren't hurting for eggs.
May the bridges I burn light my way.

ImageImageImage x5
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by bill_g »

Oh yeah. There's some money up there. The Mars family. All the old industrialists. Go a bit further into Wisconsin to Lake Geneva to see the real money.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by AndyinPA »

Same for the road near me that has a LOT of tfg signs on it. Those people can eat all the omelets they want.
p0rtia

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by p0rtia »

I am hardly seeing any signs at all in NY 21. Saw one fuckhead sign over the summer, but it's gone. No Kamala signs (not surprising, since no one wants to have the home shot up).

Two Elise Stefanik signs in town so far. Usually there's one on every other house.

Maybe it's early. Will monitor.

In other news, the leaves are just starting to turn.
Beattie Hollow Rd Sept 2024.jpg
Beattie Hollow Rd Sept 2024.jpg (222.42 KiB) Viewed 585 times
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️🥥🌴✅

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by poplove »

I go to a ukulele workshop class three semesters (8-10 weeks) per year at a mobile home over-55 community. We started the fall semester a few weeks ago and there are about seven small (HOA approved?) TFG signs in front of homes near the community center where we meet. I haven't seen any signs for Harris there but I haven't driven around to check. In my travels around Las Vegas I've seen very few TFG flags or signs, unlike four years ago.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by AndyinPA »

Nice!

Edited.

Oops. That's for the photo.
Resume18

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by Resume18 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 12:36 pm Couple of weeks ago I took a boat ride down a river, don't remember the name, in northern Illinois north of Chicago. Saw two Harris signs and probably 10 to 15 Trump ones. River frontage, nice docks, big boats. Yeah, these guys aren't hurting for eggs.
Fox river probably; Trump country for sure. Was up in that nape of the neck this weekend and on the residential area of Main street in Algonquin, I saw a number of Trump flags, but across the street a Trump for prison 2024 next to a Harris/Walz sign. On River road in McHenry there was a piece of yard art; a miniature Conestoga Wagon with an nearly illegible spray painted message Love God - Hate Sin. Planted next to the wagon of course was a Trump/Vance sign. It was in a rather delapidated neighborhood, so it's not just the rich folk that are Trumpers there.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Rolodex

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by Rolodex »

A couple of weeks ago, we took a long drive for a family wedding (like 8 hours of driving). After getting off the interstate, we weaved through a bunch of small towns/super rural areas in Tennessee. I expected to see a zillion trump signs, but actually saw very few. No Harris signs, but didn't expect to. I did see one "Jesus 2024" sign.

Now I'm worried about NC. I know people there are just trying to survive, but the big blue enclave of Asheville is decimated. It might be the swing NC needs, and those people won't be able to vote. Roads are just...gone. They can't get out to vote and USPS can't get to them. I wonder if the governor will declare some way for them to vote. In the more rural areas (where my property is), the destruction is even worse. But they elected Madison Cawthorne, so maybe not a loss, election-wise.

Locally here in LA (Lower Alabama), VERY many fewer tfg signs; barely any signs at all, tbh). I have a Harris magnet on my car and so far not been keyed.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by Slim Cognito »

Rolodex wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:51 pm A couple of weeks ago, we took a long drive for a family wedding (like 8 hours of driving). After getting off the interstate, we weaved through a bunch of small towns/super rural areas in Tennessee. I expected to see a zillion trump signs, but actually saw very few. No Harris signs, but didn't expect to. I did see one "Jesus 2024" sign.

Now I'm worried about NC. I know people there are just trying to survive, but the big blue enclave of Asheville is decimated. It might be the swing NC needs, and those people won't be able to vote. Roads are just...gone. They can't get out to vote and USPS can't get to them. I wonder if the governor will declare some way for them to vote. In the more rural areas (where my property is), the destruction is even worse. But they elected Madison Cawthorne, so maybe not a loss, election-wise.

Locally here in LA (Lower Alabama), VERY many fewer tfg signs; barely any signs at all, tbh). I have a Harris magnet on my car and so far not been keyed.
I hadn't thought about that but you're right. When we were hit with Ian, I think it was several months before mail was delivered. It was weeks before we could drive two towns over to pick it up at the one functioning post office.
May the bridges I burn light my way.

ImageImageImage x5
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by Foggy »

Rolodex wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:51 pm ... the big blue enclave of Asheville is decimated. It might be the swing NC needs, and those people won't be able to vote.
OMG, you're right about that! But they have a whole month to try to figure it out. And Asheville, says ol' Wifehorn's buddy, is already working hard to get ready. What happened there is pure tragedy.

Meanwhile, that's the poor redneck rural part of the state, as opposed to the poor areas near the coast, which tend to be black, and Democratic.

Asheville is a blue diamond, but it's surrounded by Trumpers and other ne'er-do-well Republican types. I don't mind if'n they don't vote.
northland10

Campaign Signs 2024

Post by northland10 »

Resume18 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:37 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 12:36 pm Couple of weeks ago I took a boat ride down a river, don't remember the name, in northern Illinois north of Chicago. Saw two Harris signs and probably 10 to 15 Trump ones. River frontage, nice docks, big boats. Yeah, these guys aren't hurting for eggs.
Fox river probably; Trump country for sure. Was up in that nape of the neck this weekend and on the residential area of Main street in Algonquin, I saw a number of Trump flags, but across the street a Trump for prison 2024 next to a Harris/Walz sign. On River road in McHenry there was a piece of yard art; a miniature Conestoga Wagon with an nearly illegible spray painted message Love God - Hate Sin. Planted next to the wagon of course was a Trump/Vance sign. It was in a rather delapidated neighborhood, so it's not just the rich folk that are Trumpers there.
I was figuring Fox River as well.

To the east, my purple area has basically gone blue. My current redistricted state house district which winds up to Grayslake and Round Lake, doesn't even have a GOP candidate.

Return to “US President”