INDICTED (INDICATED) #3 USA v Donald Trump - Judge Tanya Chutkan - #J6 Election Interference, Fake Electors - Jack Smith

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
W. Kevin Vicklund

INDICTED (INDICATED) #3 USA v Donald Trump - Judge Tanya Chutkan - #J6 Election Interference, Fake Electors - Jack Smith

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

RVInit wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 9:42 pm I thought the new indictment has the same four charges, just dropping the evidence regarding his use of the DOJ/Jeffrey Clark. Am I misunderstanding?
There's also quite a bit on delineating official acts and personal acts.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 9:47 pm
RVInit wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 9:42 pm I thought the new indictment has the same four charges, just dropping the evidence regarding his use of the DOJ/Jeffrey Clark. Am I misunderstanding?
So, did they actually drop any actual charges or just some of the evidence to back up those charges? That's what I'm confused about.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

RVInit wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 9:55 pm
So, did they actually drop any actual charges or just some of the evidence to back up those charges? That's what I'm confused about.
Same number of charges, but they took out evidence that MAGA SCOTUS said they couldn't use (notably communications with federal employees/DOJ and the Georgia phone call [because for sick reasons this is unconstitutionally considered to be part of his official duties]).

Then they added argument, for example, clarifying that fuckhead was acting in an unofficial way for whatever is left in. Also saying that Pence communications can stay in because he was acting as pres of Senate during those convos or whatever.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

p0rtia wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 10:13 pm
RVInit wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 9:55 pm

Same number of charges, but they took out evidence that MAGA SCOTUS said they couldn't use (notably communications with federal employees/DOJ and the Georgia phone call [because for sick reasons this is unconstitutionally considered to be part of his official duties]).

Then they added argument, for example, clarifying that fuckhead was acting in an unofficial way for whatever is left in. Also saying that Pence communications can stay in because he was acting as pres of Senate during those convos or whatever.
Thanks for clarifying, p0rtia! Well, at least he's facing the same charges/potential penalties. I can live with that.

:lol: :lol: As if there is any choice about it.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 4:41 pm Superceding indictment
https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status ... 4825843033
Kyle Cheney @kyledcheney
BREAKING: A grand jury has returned a superseding indictment against Donald Trump in Washington, D.C. retaining the same four core charges against him for trying to subvert the election.
10:01 PM · Aug 27, 2024
Edit: Question: how does this case proceed? Does this invalidate the prior jury trial, does it need to be done all over again? Or can Judge Chutkin reuse the findings of the jury trial and evidence and just adjust the conviction based on the modified charges?
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

This one hasn't gone to trial
the superseded indictments was to remove a hurdle created by the by SCOTUS so that it could go to trial.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

ooopsie - can no longer keep my cases separated :bag:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Heard during discussion of Jack Smith / Chutkan Jan 6 superseding indictment (Joy Reid sitting for Nicolle Wallace) on MSNBC:

“The American legal system has failed.
Trump has found a way to play the system, and has been abetted by SCOTUS. … The American system is an F compared to how we fare compared to other western democracies.” - Andrew Weissman Aug 30 2024

“The president can tell his department of justice to engage in a sham investigation, and he is immune. (Core presidential function). Clearly the Immunity ruling was just tailored to the situation we have now.” - Weissman

“The Judicial system has failed. The criminal system, that is; the civil system has done much better. SCOTUS butchered the Constitution when it comes to the Immunity decision. … How we fix this problem is by elections. So the importance [is] the court date [because voters need to know what’s going on]. It is incredibly important that the date hold. - Maya Wiley
bob

Post by bob »

Executive summary: Even under a best case scenario, there will be no trial this year.

The defendant's counterproposal requests serial litigation that will bake in so much delay.
Image ImageImage

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”