LegalEagle
11 hours ago

Let's look at the white paper so evil it makes Trump queasy
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Project 2025

Post by keith »

Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
New Turtle

Project 2025

Post by New Turtle »

Trump adviser Stephen Miller joins MSNBC's Ari Melber on "The Beat" for an extended interview. This is part one of the interview that aired on live TV.

Part 2 - he really loses his shit in this one.
RVInit

Project 2025

Post by RVInit »

ProPublica YouTube channel has posted a handful of Project 2025 training videos. Here is a link to their video page.

https://www.youtube.com/@ProPublica/videos
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Project 2025

Post by zekeb »

Project 2025. Meh. How many of you remember Newt Gingrich's Contract on America? People weren't impressed.
Largo al factotum.
pipistrelle

Project 2025

Post by pipistrelle »

zekeb wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:07 am Project 2025. Meh. How many of you remember Newt Gingrich's Contract on America? People weren't impressed.
Or Project for the New American Century.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_f ... an_Century
Dave from down under

Project 2025

Post by Dave from down under »

Mein Kampf?
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Project 2025

Post by Ben-Prime »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:14 am
zekeb wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:07 am Project 2025. Meh. How many of you remember Newt Gingrich's Contract on America? People weren't impressed.
Or Project for the New American Century.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_f ... an_Century
My acronym for this one, at the time, was "Project for the New American Century? I'm Laughing!" or PNACIL, pronounced either like 'Pinochle' the card game or 'Penis-Ill' depending on with whom I was speaking. But that was only because of how much I despise Bill Kristol.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bob

Project 2025

Post by bob »

The difference being the "contract" was a series of legislative initiatives, to be discussed and debated. In public.

Whereas Project 2025 is primarily about unilaterally wielding below-the-radar executive power.
Image ImageImage
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Project 2025

Post by bill_g »

Didn't the GOP argue against a unitary executive during Obama? I wonder what changed?
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Project 2025

Post by Ben-Prime »

bill_g wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 5:47 pm Didn't the GOP argue against a unitary executive during Obama? I wonder what changed?
Apparently the Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water....
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Project 2025

Post by Frater I*I »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 7:43 pm
bill_g wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 5:47 pm Didn't the GOP argue against a unitary executive during Obama? I wonder what changed?
Apparently the Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water....
Listen, strange women, lying on ponds, distributing swords is no basis for a system of government...

You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tarte threw a sword at ya...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Project 2025

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I’m so proud my grandson can quote Monty Python!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Project 2025

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 9:28 am I’m so proud my grandson can quote Monty Python!!!!
:blissy:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Project 2025

Post by neonzx »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 9:28 am I’m so proud my grandson can quote Monty Python!!!!
:lol:
Rolodex

Project 2025

Post by Rolodex »

Lordy this is terrifying.

https://www.propublica.org/article/insi ... p-election
But Project 2025’s plan to train an army of political appointees who could battle against the so-called deep state government bureaucracy on behalf of a future Trump administration remains on track.

One centerpiece of that program is dozens of never-before-published videos created for Project 2025’s Presidential Administration Academy. The vast majority of these videos — 23 in all, totaling more than 14 hours of content — were provided to ProPublica and Documented by a person who had access to them.

The Project 2025 videos coach future appointees on everything from the nuts and bolts of governing to how to outwit bureaucrats. There are strategies for avoiding embarrassing Freedom of Information Act disclosures and ensuring that conservative policies aren’t struck down by “left-wing judges.” Some of the content is routine advice that any incoming political appointee might be told. Other segments of the training offer guidance on radically changing how the federal government works and what it does.

In one video, Bethany Kozma, a conservative activist and former deputy chief of staff at the U.S. Agency for International Development in the Trump administration, downplays the seriousness of climate change and says the movement to combat it is really part of a ploy to “control people.”

“If the American people elect a conservative president, his administration will have to eradicate climate change references from absolutely everywhere,” Kozma says.

In the same video, Kozma calls the idea of gender fluidity “evil.” Another speaker, Katie Sullivan, who was an acting assistant attorney general at the Department of Justice under Trump, takes aim at executive actions by the administration of President Joe Biden that created gender adviser positions throughout the federal government. The goal, Biden wrote in one order, was to “advance equal rights and opportunities, regardless of gender or gender identity.”

Sullivan says, “That position has to be eradicated, as well as all the task forces, the removal of all the equity plans from all the websites, and a complete rework of the language in internal and external policy documents and grant applications.”
There are videos within the article. These people say creepy things and they themselves are kinda creepy and weird when you watch them. But I don't think *we* are their intended audience; the Heritage crowd probably think they're really inspiring. Yikes.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
sad-cafe

Project 2025.

Post by sad-cafe »

I looked and did not see a specific threat for this s@#%

Also, if someone is good at making memes,

could someone put a picture of the 2025 book like Kenan was holding during his bit at the DNC and write some pithy comment across it like "this will be your life" or something equally as scary as that?

Thank you so much!!
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Project 2025.

Post by RTH10260 »

sad-cafe wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 1:31 pm I looked and did not see a specific threat for this s@#%

Also, if someone is good at making memes,

could someone put a picture of the 2025 book like Kenan was holding during his bit at the DNC and write some pithy comment across it like "this will be your life" or something equally as scary as that?

Thank you so much!!
viewtopic.php?p=280171#p280171 ;)
Lansdowne

Project 2025.

Post by Lansdowne »

sad-cafe wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 1:31 pm I looked and did not see a specific threat for this s@#%

Thank you so much!!
Here it is.
viewtopic.php?p=277795#p276444
sad-cafe

Project 2025.

Post by sad-cafe »

thank you
Volkonski
Verified:

Project 2025.

Post by Volkonski »

Meet the think tank planning a second Trump administration. (It’s not Project 2025.)

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/08/2 ... i-00176674
Key members of the former Trump administration diaspora have been quietly poring over Biden administration regulations, interviewing hundreds of former officials, and drafting executive actions for the launch of Trump’s next term if he wins. The goal: Stand up a professionalized administration that can move quickly to undo President Joe Biden’s legacy, avoiding the chaos that bogged down the Trump team after 2016.

It’s not the high-profile Project 2025 initiative from the Heritage Foundation, which has drawn condemnation from Trump — and become a bogeyman for the left. The transition planning is coming, instead, from a different conservative think tank: America First Policy Institute.

That planning has taken place largely outside the official Trump campaign, whose own transition planning is months behind the schedule of his first bid for the White House. But Trump and top aides are aware of the outside effort, and many Republicans view it as a key supplement to the formal Trump transition effort, as long as it stays out of the spotlight — and avoids angering Trump.

The America First Policy Institute, filled with Trump loyalists and insiders, was blessed by Trump before it was founded in 2021. Its CEO, Brooke Rollins, has had a close relationship with Trump for years and has discussed the think tank’s transition plans with him, according to two people familiar with the meeting; this month, the former president named the group’s board chair, Linda McMahon, to co-lead the official transition team.

“For three and a half years, AFPI has focused on personnel and policy. It was formed by and is teeming with senior staffers from the first Trump Administration whose goal is to be ready on day one,” said Kellyanne Conway, the former Trump adviser who chairs AFPI’s Center for the American Child. “Linda McMahon, Brooke Rollins and the team have planned with precision and executed with put-your-head-down type humility.”
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Project 2025.

Post by RTH10260 »

Did our child learn something after throwing Chris Christie off the rails of a first transition team in 2016 / 2017 :?:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Project 2025.

Post by Slim Cognito »

No, but his staffers did.
May the bridges I burn light my way.

ImageImageImage x5
Lansdowne

Project 2025

Post by Lansdowne »

Volkonski wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 4:11 pm Meet the think tank planning a second Trump administration. (It’s not Project 2025.)

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/08/2 ... i-00176674
Key members of the former Trump administration diaspora have been quietly poring over Biden administration regulations, interviewing hundreds of former officials, and drafting executive actions for the launch of Trump’s next term if he wins. The goal: Stand up a professionalized administration that can move quickly to undo President Joe Biden’s legacy, avoiding the chaos that bogged down the Trump team after 2016.

It’s not the high-profile Project 2025 initiative from the Heritage Foundation, which has drawn condemnation from Trump — and become a bogeyman for the left. The transition planning is coming, instead, from a different conservative think tank: America First Policy Institute.

That planning has taken place largely outside the official Trump campaign, whose own transition planning is months behind the schedule of his first bid for the White House. But Trump and top aides are aware of the outside effort, and many Republicans view it as a key supplement to the formal Trump transition effort, as long as it stays out of the spotlight — and avoids angering Trump.

The America First Policy Institute, filled with Trump loyalists and insiders, was blessed by Trump before it was founded in 2021. Its CEO, Brooke Rollins, has had a close relationship with Trump for years and has discussed the think tank’s transition plans with him, according to two people familiar with the meeting; this month, the former president named the group’s board chair, Linda McMahon, to co-lead the official transition team.

“For three and a half years, AFPI has focused on personnel and policy. It was formed by and is teeming with senior staffers from the first Trump Administration whose goal is to be ready on day one,” said Kellyanne Conway, the former Trump adviser who chairs AFPI’s Center for the American Child. “Linda McMahon, Brooke Rollins and the team have planned with precision and executed with put-your-head-down type humility.”
Is that evidenced? more than just "I don't know who they are."?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Project 2025.

Post by northland10 »

This is a duplicate topic. Can we combine the 2 or at least the the title to say duplicate?

This comment was from the dup thread.. so no longer applies because Foggy's the man, um, rooster, um. boss.
101010 :towel:

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”