ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Dr. Ken

JD Vance, fake hillbilly, is tfg's vice presidential candidate

Post by Dr. Ken »

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I hate these empty venue photos. So many of them are taken before the candidate shows up--hours before. I have no confidence in the above photo at all, for that reason. In fact, the absence of a time stamp implies for me that it is meaningless.

And while I'm at it--Let's take fuckhead's slurring and lisping from the Twitter Spaces chat.

This was, as far as I'm concerned, a function of the recording/compression/transmission, _not_ an actual speech impediment. Why? I've heard the same effect a dozen time in the past year. I keep thinking someone must have just had a dental appointment.

Case in point. I was watching the Stephanie Miller Show this morning, and Malcolm Nance was on. His audio caused him to lisp and slur _exactly_ as fuckhead was doing. And the joke was that they were piling on fuckhead for lisping and slurring. Humiliating. And BTW, I've heard this same problem with Malcolm Nance on that show before.

The left wing shit is starting to bug me. We're better than that, and we don't need that.

Plus, Meidas Touch Ben M was pretty disgusting with Cohen yesterday. Ripping Vance for being in the closet and being a drag queen and cross-dressing. Smugly saying that he didn't have any problem with gay people (oh yeah?), and then engaging in more shaming. "Was it Halloween? Why didn't he wear a Captain America costume?" Done with them for a while.

This crap is harshing my buzz. It's MAGAish, and there is no worse condemnation.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

p0rtia, I have to agree. Early venue photo(s) from Montana were a sparse crowd and not a true picture once they finally meandered in and tfg finally showed up late.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

No red tie. Trouble in paradise?

He's dressed like he is going to a funeral.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

It is Trump himself that made crowd size an issue, constantly bragging and inflating his crowd sizes. I admit that I myself posted a clip of a very sparse crowd, but after realizing that was from way earlier than Trump was supposed to speak, I also posted updated, corrected clips that showed on that particular night he actually did draw a crowd that came close to filling the venue.

However, it seems like that was a one off in terms of the size of crowds that he and JD Vance have been attracting. Here are a couple of articles that talk about what seems to be happening more and more - while Trump is pulling in smaller crowds, Harris and Walz are drawing crowds that surprised them enough that they had to change venue for at least one event due to way more people signing up than the venue could accommodate.

It's likely that nobody would even be talking about any of this if it weren't for Trump constantly bragging and lying about his crowd sizes.

Here is one paragraph from one of the two articles linked below. And the Trump event mentioned here was an event where Trump himself appeared.
The Democratic nominees have attracted sizable audiences, with the Harris campaign reporting 14,000 attendees at Temple University in Philadelphia on Tuesday, between the venue and overflow areas. Former President Donald Trump rallied at the same venue on June 22 in front of a crowd of nearly 4,000 people, according to the Daily Pennsylvanian.

In one of the articles there is video showing a half empty venue and you clearly see Trump is on stage at the same time, so that particular video doesn't appear to be trying to give a false sense of the crowds Trump is pulling in.

I do believe we are beginning to see a crack in Trump support. Yes, he does still have some quite enthusiastic supporters and in some places he is drawing big crowds. But those appear to be happening in ruby red states where I suspect he might start going more and more to soothe his ego as Harris continues to generate what appears to be a huge amount of enthusiasm. Hell, I myself have never been to a political rally even once. And that is in spite of the fact that I do election work - phone calling, door knocking, registering voters, etc. And....if Harris comes to Orlando or anywhere reasonably close I will probably attend - for the first time ever - a political rally. That is how much this candidacy has gotten me feeling so much better about this upcoming election, I may actually attend a rally for the first time in my life.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-k ... es-1936556

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-p ... ns-1916209
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Pissing off grandparents too

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Anyone know what that venue is? Looks like a small commercial warehouse lot.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Volkonski wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 4:22 pm Anyone know what that venue is? Looks like a small commercial warehouse lot.
Exactly. The truth is attackable enough. When people try start to fudge the truth to make it as bad as possible, they are making a tactical error. I know it's tempting, but it's something to be avoided.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Volkonski wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 4:22 pm Anyone know what that venue is? Looks like a small commercial warehouse lot.
What about the north carolina venue today in Asheville with a capacity of 2,431
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Per the Detroit Free Press -
Vance, who is former President Donald Trump's runningmate, is scheduled to appear at Cordes Inc., a family-owned industrical trucking company, in Byron Center near Grand Rapids.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Not exactly a huge concert/sports venue. ;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 5:08 pm
Vance, who is former President Donald Trump's runningmate, is scheduled to appear at Cordes Inc., a family-owned industrical trucking company, in Byron Center near Grand Rapids.
So like a Four Seasons Landscaping lot? :dance:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 5:08 pm
IIRC, Byron Center (outer burb of Grand Rapids) used to be pretty conservative, but that may have changed as it has grown over the years (4k to 7k in 20 years).
101010 :towel:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Weird.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I remember high school. I would give Vance a pass on that.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Uh, ya. That wouldn't be even close to the dumbest thing I did in Secondary School.
Hic sunt dracones
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 3:54 pm I remember high school. I would give Vance a pass on that.
Agree!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

So many things to criticize Vance for. That ain’t really one of them.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Current Politics”