TESLA and Elon Musk - anything not elsewhere

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

:lol:
evan loves worf @esjesjesj wrote: Who could possible be so stupid as to be fooled by something so obviously fake—oh.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

In this episide, Musk calls for the death of anyone opposing Mike Johnson's latest bullshit. Because that is the level of discourse.
https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1809374976845156801
Elon Musk @elonmusk wrote: Those who oppose this are traitors.

All Caps: TRAITORS

What is the penalty for traitors again?
Speaker Mike Johnson @SpeakerJohnson wrote: 🧵The SAVE Act will safeguard our elections by ensuring only American citizens vote in federal elections.

Here’s what the legislation does:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Now I have to be against it on principle.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... e-station/
NASA and SpaceX Will Destroy the International Space Station. Here’...

The world will be watching—literally—as SpaceX tackles possibly what might be its highest-stakes endeavor to date: safely destroying the beloved International Space StationNASA Selects SpaceX to Destroy the International Space Station

The world will be watching—literally—as SpaceX tackles possibly what might be its highest-stakes endeavor to date: safely destroying the beloved International Space Station

By Meghan Bartels

Editor’s Note (6/28/24): The design of the deorbit vehicle that will be used to destroy the International Space Station will be rooted in that of SpaceX’s Dragon capsule, said Bill Spetch, operations integration manager for NASA’s International Space Station Program, during a press conference that the agency held today to discuss a range of issues related to the space station. “That’s based off a Dragon-heritage design,” he said of the forthcoming vehicle. “Obviously they have to do some modifications and some changes to the trunk for that, but that is the plan.”

SpaceX has won the right to tackle a monumental task: destroying the International Space Station (ISS). The demolition will shove the iconic and enormous station down through Earth’s atmosphere in a fiery display. And if anything goes wrong, a cascade of debris could rain down on our planet’s surface.

Conceived and built in a post-cold-war partnership with Russia, the ISS, like so many of NASA’s major projects, has lasted far longer than its initial design life of 15 years. Nothing lasts forever, however, especially in the harsh environment of outer space. The ISS is aging, and for safety’s sake, NASA intends to incinerate the immense facility around 2031. To accomplish the job, the agency will pay SpaceX up to $843 million, according to a statement released on June 26. The contract covers the development of a unique deorbit vehicle to usher the unwieldy ISS to its doom yet excludes launch costs.

NASA has declined to provide the number of proposals received for the projects. Currently, no details about SpaceX’s vision for the deorbit vehicle are publicly known. Scientific American reached out to the company but did not receive a response by publication.

What’s clear is that SpaceX’s existing Dragon and Starship spacecraft aren’t good matches for the deorbit mission. That means the company could intend to heavily adapt one of these vehicles or to start from scratch and design a custom-built craft.

Whatever the deorbit vehicle ends up looking like, SpaceX is taking on a delicate technical challenge. The ISS is perhaps the most complex construction project ever executed—and certainly the largest and most expensive one in space. Beginning in 1998 its modules required 42 different launches to blast off Earth. And the orbiting laboratory contains about as much internal space as a six-bedroom house spread over an area the size of a football field. Weighing more than 450 tons, or the equivalent of nearly three large blue whales, the ISS is heavy, too. Safely destroying the space station arguably will be even harder than assembling it.

The ISS should still have several years of science ahead. NASA has said it intends to operate the space station through 2030 and that its partner space agencies in Canada, Europe and Japan concur with that time line. Russia’s Roscosmos, which leads the ISS partnership with NASA and operates several key modules of the station, is currently only committed through at least 2028.
What can go wrong?

Will NASA have to boost the station's orbit till 2245 as Space Karen makes excuses why he cant do what he promised?

Or will we witness a perfectly successful unshedualed disassembly from which we learned a lot for the next space station decommissioning?
Hic sunt dracones
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

SpaceX is skilled in destruction. :cantlook:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

I gotta bètter ideation. Boost it into the sun instead of crashing it into a populated planet.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Dave from down under

That would cost more…
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:32 pm That would cost more…
Heh. I tried figuring out how much this would actually cost and came to something like 4.2 trillion.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Tesla Catches Fire, Burns to a Crisp at Supercharging Station
A Tesla parked at a Supercharging station in Pennsylvania goes up in flames, destroying the car and resulting in a temporary road closure.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/tesla-catche ... ng-station

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

the Tesla's husk was towed away.
I :rotflmao: but can’t explain why.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Elmo wants to rename a whole ass town in Texas. Locals - except surprise! politicians! - are not happy about it.
On Tuesday, July 16, Musk announced he would move SpaceX's headquarters to Texas, writing that the astronautics company would move to "Starbase, Texas."

As Starbase, Texas is not a real city, many locals in the area are demanding that their area be properly represented.

"Where exactly is 'Starbase, TX'? Is he renaming Boca Chica or is he just buying some land and creating an unincorporated place?" wrote ProfSaintBernard on Reddit.
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/south ... socialflow
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

PAB
GTNVWRzWQAAp7cf.jpeg
GTNVWRzWQAAp7cf.jpeg (136.48 KiB) Viewed 388 times
Image Image Image Image
Dave from down under

:rotflmao:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Screenshot 2024-07-23 at 9.09.20 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-07-23 at 9.09.20 PM.png (270.99 KiB) Viewed 373 times
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

p0rtia wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 9:09 pm Screenshot 2024-07-23 at 9.09.20 PM.png
That thing should be a mushroom cloud that make the Tsar Bomba pale in comparison.....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I think he needs his meds adjusted.

ImageImageImage x4
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:44 pm I think he needs his meds adjusted.
He's already taking all the ketamine.
Image Image Image Image
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:30 pm
Elon Musk has unusual relationships with women at SpaceX, WSJ reports
Elon Musk allegedly had sex with a former intern and an employee. He asked a third woman to have his babies.

:snippity:
https://www.theverge.com/2024/6/12/2417 ... ationships
Musk also had an affair with Johnny Depp's ex-wife Amber Heard. She had a baby some time after her divorce from Depp and rumor has it that child was fathered by Musk. That trial revealed that Heard is a douchebag, she seems to be a perfect match for Elon Musk.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
MikeDunford

Post by MikeDunford »

Estiveo wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:54 pm PAB
Wait, Elon's not paying someone money he promised to pay? Shocking, if true.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

MikeDunford wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 12:07 am
Estiveo wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:54 pm PAB
Wait, Elon's not paying someone money he promised to pay? Shocking, if true.
It's why they call him Sissy SpaceX.
Image Image Image Image
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

🤣

ImageImageImage x4
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Holy crap this thread from his kid
https://www.threads.net/@vivllainous/post/C91xDqVSTm3

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I couldn't find a thread for twitter/X so I'll drop this here in case anyone cares (feel free to xpost if you know a more appropriate place).

I don't know if this is something new, but I forget to check on my app "health" very often. Apparently X uses your posts to help train their Grok thingie, but you can opt out.

You have to do it on the website rather than the app (that's my understanding but I didn't try on the app). You can change this setting by going to Settings-->Privacy and Safety-->Data Sharing and Personalization-->Grok. That box is automatically checked, so you'll need to uncheck it if you care about it.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”