2024 Republican National Convention

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

sugar magnolia wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 9:29 pm Whatever happened to people writing speeches and practicing them in front of a mirror? They can't give a speech any more without the freaking teleprompter.
Hell, the secret to my being called out in Embassy settings as a damned good writer for my career track and pay grade is that anything I intend someone to read, I read out loud in front of a mirror to see how it would sound in my voice. If I can make it sound simultaneously LIKE ME and PROFESSIONAL at the same time, it's a win.

This isn't rocket surgery.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Poor baby.

Actually, doesn't want anybody to see how little damage there is.

I watched the local news today, and they interviewed a guy who was there who said that tfg was covered in blood. :think:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Not watching any of it and wasn't looking, some of it popped up in my feed:

Nick Fuentes & the Groypers are not happy.

Nick RNC.JPG
Nick RNC.JPG (45.28 KiB) Viewed 493 times

And lots of MAGAs are furious that Harmeet Dillon was able to give a Sikh prayer. Typical: "We're a Christian nation!" Vile posts about her: https://x.com/search?q=harmeet&src=typed_query

George @BehizyTweets 28m
ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE!! I have nothing but respect for Harmeet Dhillon but fire whoever invited her to pray to a foreign god, there is only one true God we pray to and his name is not whatever she said. His name is YAHWEH and his only begotten Son is Jesus Christ

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Bonus:
Alex Jones @RealAlexJones 57m
This is the most important information I have ever released. Please share Intel now.

Quote Alex Jones @RealAlexJones 3h
BREAKING: Deep State May Use Tactical Nuclear Weapon To Kill Trump— Elon Musk, Alex Jones, Tucker Carlson, & Joe Rogan To Be Hit Next
Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 3s
Alex Jones @RealAlexJones:
"This is the most ridiculous bullsh*t]* I have ever released. Please share Intel now. [And SEND MONEY!]*
* Fixed it for you, Al. It's July 15, 2024. Let's check back on this "prediction" in 6 months

Stop trying to brighten our day, Alex.*

* NADT
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

They keep forgetting that SCOTUS just gave Biden permission to do whatever he wants.

Probably the only news coverage I'm watching this week is here. And Stephen Colbert, live all week. It's a good week for Netflix.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Photographs without bandage seem to show no injury.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Luke wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:28 pm Bonus:
This is the most important information I have ever released. Please share Intel now.

BREAKING: Deep State May Use Tactical Nuclear Weapon To Kill Trump— Elon Musk, Alex Jones, Tucker Carlson, & Joe Rogan To Be Hit Next
"This is the most ridiculous bullsh*t]* I have ever released. Please share Intel now. [And SEND MONEY!]*
* Fixed it for you, Al. It's July 15, 2024. Let's check back on this "prediction" in 6 months

* NADT
Look, I'm just saying that the national security power to unleash a nuke has got to be a Presidential Executive Function, right? So core immunity attaches, y'know?

I mean, I don't think they make one small enough that it would take out all intended targets and not the rest of the city, and even Dark Brandon realizes he needs the votes of the non-targets in the blast radius, so I think they're all safe.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Not just me then. Good.

poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️🥥🌴✅

Post by poplove »

:rotflmao: TRUMP ARRIVES AT THE RNC
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

* NADT
AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
f281d0a67a77bbb9af1f59034404dc77.jpg
f281d0a67a77bbb9af1f59034404dc77.jpg (395.38 KiB) Viewed 405 times
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:40 pm https: //twitter.com/FordJohnathan5/status/1813049012884267219?s=19
I was going to bring up Sleepy Don, but you got it handled! Good job.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 7:45 pm https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1812941509118853208
Aaron Rupar @atrupar
the RNC teleprompter goes out and Mike Johnson has to immediately flee the stage. yikes
10:05 PM · Jul 15, 2024
The next war will be indefinitely postponed until the US can find a working teleprompter :twisted:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

re the prayer:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/us/watch-indian-american-lawmaker-harmeet-dhillon-offers-ardas-in-presence-of-trump-assassination-attempt/articleshow/111773400.cms wrote:Indian American lawyer and Republican Party leader Harmeet Dhillon delivered an 'Ardas' prayer at the Republican National Convention, with former President Donald Trump in attendance. The prayer, which is recited by Sikhs before embarking on any new endeavor, seeks God's protection and guidance to uphold the values of humility, truth, courage, service, and justice for all.

The attorney also thanked God for the 'Chardikala' spirit witnessed in President Trump, which she described as "the tireless and uplifting spirit that is sustained even in the face of violent adversity, like a founding father centuries ago."

She expressed gratitude for protecting his life and for his examples of 'nirbhay' (fearlessness) and 'nirvir' (the absence of hate) when faced with vitriol, stating that these examples of extraordinary calm inspire them.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Delusional
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

Ben-Prime wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:52 pm

* NADT
Look, I'm just saying that the national security power to unleash a nuke has got to be a Presidential Executive Function, right? So core immunity attaches, y'know?

I mean, I don't think they make one small enough that it would take out all intended targets and not the rest of the city, and even Dark Brandon realizes he needs the votes of the non-targets in the blast radius, so I think they're all safe.

Oooo....Me...Me....ME.... :callonme:

Mk54 SADM or the "Davy Crockett",W54 dial-a-yield 10 Tonne to 1 Kilo Tonne

Fun fact, the recoiless rifle the Davy Crockett would have been shot from, at the higher end of the boom-shaka-laka had a range that meant the blast would probably kill it's crew...... :eek: :shock: :toxic-waste:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Well, if Biden orders the nuke, isn't that an official action? No worries, then!
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
bob

Post by bob »

Compare the shots:

And the chaser:
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

So many younger people.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

A Gunman Shot at Trump With an AR-15. RNC Visitors Can Win a Free One
The assassination attempt against Trump didn’t change the GOP’s deadly gun politics

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 235061183/
:snippity:
The giveaway is sponsored by an RNC vendor called the U.S. Concealed Carry Association. The gun group, founded in 2003, is based in Wisconsin and claims a membership of 800,000. USCCA pitches itself as a concealed carry advocacy group, encouraging self-defense with firearms. The gun violence publication The Trace has highlighted USCCA as one of many groups “scrambling to fill the NRA’s void,” with that beleaguered gun rights group raising less money than in years past.

USCCA’s membership pitch is based around obtaining insurance, through the group, meant for anyone who might use a gun to kill in self defense. A membership brochure handed out at the booth highlights the case of “Brian” who was “forced to shoot” an intruder but soon found himself “charged with murder” — and how USCCA membership and insurance saved the day, by deploying an attorney and taking care of the legal fees needed to clear Brian’s name. The same “peace of mind” is pitched to would-be members, nay “responsibly armed Americans,” for as low as $29 a month.

To get MAGA conventioneers extra interested in its membership, the group is promoting a giveaway for an AR-15 manufactured by Daniel Defense. (The exact model would be tailored to what’s legal in the state of the winner.) Daniel Defense rifles are infamous for not being used in self-defense scenarios. The Uvalde school shooter used one, and several Daniel Defense rifles were found in the stockpile of the Las Vegas shooter who murdered dozens at the Route 91 Harvest music festival, shooting down from a hotel room. :snippity:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Return to “Current Politics”