Post by Estiveo »

Estiveo_20240713_204426.jpg
Estiveo_20240713_204426.jpg (153.2 KiB) Viewed 303 times
Image Image Image Image
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bill_g »

RE Trump shooting: Fuck! A martyr is born.
MN-Skeptic

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Kyle Griffin
@kylegriffin1

The FBI have identified the shooter as 20-year-old Thomas Matthew Crooks of Bethel Park. He is a registered Republican
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by neonzx »

So.. Again not a drag-queen. Not transgender. Not a minority. Not a Democrat. Not an illegal alien. Not ANTIFA.

Who would have thought? :think:
pipistrelle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:49 am So.. Again not a drag-queen. Not transgender. Not a minority. Not a Democrat. Not an illegal alien. Not ANTIFA.

Me, but it’ll be interesting to see motive.
neonzx

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:09 am
neonzx wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:49 am So.. Again not a drag-queen. Not transgender. Not a minority. Not a Democrat. Not an illegal alien. Not ANTIFA.

We may never have the motive. Unless he left some writings somewhere at home or elsewhere (apparently journalists can find no social media accounts). Maybe through interviews with family, friends, and acquaintances they can paint a picture.
sugar magnolia

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by sugar magnolia »

neonzx wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:28 am
pipistrelle wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:09 am

We may never have the motive. Unless he left some writings somewhere at home or elsewhere (apparently journalists can find no social media accounts). Maybe through interviews with family, friends, and acquaintances they can paint a picture.
This is interesting.
Suranis

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Suranis »

so he started an internet rumour that he was identified as the shooter, and the press fell for it?
Hic sunt dracones
sugar magnolia

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by sugar magnolia »

Seeing the photo of trump, the SS and the huge American flag against the bright blue sky makes me wonder when it was taken or if it's manipulated? I've seen the clip of him raising his fists while the SS rush him into the limo, but only see people in the stands behind him. No blue sky or huge flag in sight. Did his campaign seriously get on doctoring that photo so quickly? That's all they had on their mind at the moment? Do people really believe that is a candid photo capturing a moment accurately? And I won't even mention the "photo" of the bullet whizzing through the air behind him.
neonzx

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by neonzx »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:32 am
This is interesting.
https://www.facebook.com/ebrianrose/vid ... 5492226145
The intertube sleuths have already tagged this guy as a troll. And he's still breathing. Not the shooter
neonzx

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by neonzx »

Suranis wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:40 am so he started an internet rumour that he was identified as the shooter, and the press fell for it?
The FBI released the shooters name, age and where he lived.
John Thomas8

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by John Thomas8 »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:41 am Seeing the photo of trump, the SS and the huge American flag against the bright blue sky makes me wonder when it was taken or if it's manipulated? I've seen the clip of him raising his fists while the SS rush him into the limo, but only see people in the stands behind him. No blue sky or huge flag in sight. Did his campaign seriously get on doctoring that photo so quickly? That's all they had on their mind at the moment? Do people really believe that is a candid photo capturing a moment accurately? And I won't even mention the "photo" of the bullet whizzing through the air behind him.
The whole thing smells worse than burnt Reichstag.
sterngard friegen

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by sterngard friegen »

Resume18 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 7:44 pm If this was indeed an asassination attempt all I can say to the shooter is thanks for another Trump presidency asshole.
The last time this pattern of attempted assassination occurred it didn't help Teddy Roosevelt get re-elected to the White House.
Neither disbarred nor disciplined after representing President Barack Obama. :oldman:
sugar magnolia

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by sugar magnolia »

John Thomas8 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:05 am
sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:41 am Seeing the photo of trump, the SS and the huge American flag against the bright blue sky makes me wonder when it was taken or if it's manipulated? I've seen the clip of him raising his fists while the SS rush him into the limo, but only see people in the stands behind him. No blue sky or huge flag in sight. Did his campaign seriously get on doctoring that photo so quickly? That's all they had on their mind at the moment? Do people really believe that is a candid photo capturing a moment accurately? And I won't even mention the "photo" of the bullet whizzing through the air behind him.
The whole thing smells worse than burnt Reichstag.
I don't disagree. It's the first time I've ever seen video of a shooting like that when people didn't stampede. They ducked down and then immediately popped back up without knowing if the threat had been secured. If it had happened at a ball game, those stands would have been empty in a matter of seconds. Was the death of the spectator caused by a gunshot or trampling? The SS came onto the stage relatively slowly from elsewhere, and only a few of them even then. The one coming up from the right paused and looked around, too. They let him stand back up, his head exposed, instead of blanketing him on the ground. The female SS agent stopped to pick up his hat. After he reaches for his ear and pulls his hand away, there's no blood on his hand although it's on his face. And why in the hell did the SS agents taking him to the limo take the time to put their sunglasses back on? Drastic difference from the Reagan attempt. It is sort of comical watching the big SS guy in the front trying not to knock the lectern over instead of just shoving it out of the way. An accessible rooftop only 150 yards away with a direct line of sight to the stage and the SS didn't have an agent up there? Or clear and secure it prior to the speech at the very least? Katie Porter says merchandise with the photo I mentioned above was on-line less than 30 mins after the incident. Either they are the most badly trained detail with the SS or.....

It will be interesting to see the dissection of the videos by people who know more about it than we do.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

He ain't no longer impotus, just a citizen with some extra privileges. His privileges may have been increased after the Republican Convention electing their precidential(*) candidate.

(*) - yeah - it's setting a precident to have a convicted felon become a party's masthead figure :blackeye:
RTH10260

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

from https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-n ... index.html
1 hr 22 min ago
Who is Trump rally shooter Thomas Matthew Crooks?
From CNN's Jessie Yeung
:snippity:
Federal Election Commission records show that a donor listed as Thomas Crooks with the same address gave $15 to a Democratic-aligned political action committee called the Progressive Turnout Project in January 2021.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Foggy »

Did I miss sumpin'? :confuzzled:

George Washington said there's nothing quite like the feeling of being shot at, and missed. :towel:

I am :popcorn:
You are what you eat.
Last night I was a chicken quesadilla.
RTH10260

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

:confuzzled: why did bone spurs protect him from getting shot at by the Viet Cong but not from friendly fire at home :?:
Whatever4

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Whatever4 »

Edit: Sorry, it’s early. Borked the photos 1st time around.
I highly doubt the images were manipulated. The flag was overhead in some shots taken at ground level near the podium looking up. In this shot, you can see one of the boom that holds the flag as well as how the stage is above the level of the ground:
IMG_3016.png
IMG_3016.png (270.53 KiB) Viewed 60 times
Link to article by the photographer: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/13/us/p ... photo.html

The image of the bullet was taken with a very fast shutter in a series of fast shots.
IMG_3017.png
IMG_3017.png (165.16 KiB) Viewed 60 times
Math and analysis here: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/14/us/p ... ation.html

The shots with crowd are taken either farther away or from an eye level perspective. As the bleachers and podium are raised off the ground, a photographer on the ground in front would get this angle:
IMG_3015.png
IMG_3015.png (200.16 KiB) Viewed 60 times
So many photographers follow the candidates around, each looking for exclusive shots, each looking to get their shots on-air ASAP, from many angles.

Call me a naive Pollyanna (you wouldn’t be the first), but I really can’t see anything wrong with the images we’ve seen so far.

I haven’t believed any of the school or other shootings have been false flags. I’m not going to start believing this shooting was a false flag. :boxing: Assassination attempts have happened in the past, they’ll happen again. It’s the guns. And the paranoia.
Optimism is a good characteristic, but if carried to an excess, it becomes foolishness.
—Theodore Roosevelt
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Foggy »

I have only one firm opinion thus far, and that is the incident was a disastrous failure by the Secret Service, allowing a shooter on a roof with a direct shot only 150 yards (137 meters) from the quadfectee. That's so bad it's a little surreal.
You are what you eat.
Last night I was a chicken quesadilla.
p0rtia

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

It's surprising to me that so many on social media are doing the conspiracy theory thing. The story is unfolding on camera, reported by dozens of reports on the spot. Gotta say I don't like the knee-jerking. A thing is not suspicious because you wish it hadn't happened and because it benefits the forces of evil.
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Mr brolin »

Maybe it is part of my minor levels of OCD, years of shooting, time in service or just general disgust at Trump and politics in general.

The levels of incompetence shows by all parties from the shooter to the police, to the FBI to the SS is astonishing to the level of criminal.

The shooter was less then 500 feet away, in a straight line, in an direct line of sight, in an open position, in an obvious shoot spot.

Who on God's green earth thought it was a reasonable idea to set the sanitized zone at less than 400 feet, didn't have likely hides in, around and out of the zone under active observation, didn't see someone with a suspiciously long and heavy bag/backpack ambling into a fecking obvious location.

The site was in direct visual line of sight of the "counter sniper" team, at all times, 'cause they shot him from there

The purpose of a "counter sniper" unit is first OBSERVATION of all possible or likely sites then immediate communication and action

The shooter shot multiple times AND MISSED a static, visible, high contrast target at a range you can practically spit at and it still took an unconscionable amount of time for the CT team to identify, and shoot the shooter.

They should have had target and range cards completed and tested hours previously so the spotter and sniper can identify, target and fire with minimal delay.

At 20, if I had failed to hit an immobile, large, man sized target, over iron sights, at least 8 times in 10 at 600 yards with no wind, never mind less than 500 feet I would have been sore and sorry for a not inconsiderable period of time.
pipistrelle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

Read Zero Fail: The Rise and Fall of the Secret Service by Carol Leonning. It's an eye opener.
pipistrelle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:07 am I have only one firm opinion thus far, and that is the incident was a disastrous failure by the Secret Service, allowing a shooter on a roof with a direct shot only 150 yards (137 meters) from the quadfectee. That's so bad it's a little surreal.
That's it.
Resume18

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Resume18 »

sterngard friegen wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:17 am
Resume18 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 7:44 pm If this was indeed an asassination attempt all I can say to the shooter is thanks for another Trump presidency asshole.
The last time this pattern of attempted assassination occurred it didn't help Teddy Roosevelt get re-elected to the White House.
Different times. Instant media, social media . . . i understand the fist raising still photo is already on a t-shirt.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .

Return to “US President”