Evangelicals Behaving Badly...

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

You know, I probably wouldn't have such a problem with these bible thumpers if they ACTUALLY FOLLOWED THE BIBLE.
Eric Garcia @EricG1247 wrote: The government forcing children to read the Bible while not ensuring that the children are fed is probably the most fucked up thing in the history of fucked up things.

It literally says to feed the hungry in the Bible.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

WARNING: Multiple N-bombs dropped NSFW
Gain of Fauci @DschlopesIsBack wrote: "Rappin' for Jesus"

I still can't believe this is actually real. 😂🤣
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Canadian megachurch halts services after insurers pull sex abuse coverage
The abuse crisis at The Meeting House church is so bad, they literally cannot meet anymore out of fear of what may happen

You know your church is having problems when you tell your congregation that upcoming services have to be canceled because no insurance providers will work with you because of all the sexual abuse, and that means all in-person interactions have to be put on pause.

That’s the actual I-shit-you-not situation going down at The Meeting House, one of the largest and most influential churches in Ontario, which billed itself as “a church for people who aren’t into church” (the theological equivalent of girls saying they’re not like other girls). It appealed to a lot of people tired of traditional churches, including lots of young people, and rapidly became one of the largest vessels in the province for spreading Christianity.

The church was led by Bruxy Cavey, who took over The Meeting House in 1997 as lead teaching pastor and soon became known as Ontario’s “most influential pastor.”

In 2021, all that came crashing down.

I covered the details here back in January, but in short, Cavey was accused of sexual abuse, leading to his resignation. He was soon thereafter charged with sexual assault by local law enforcement. Police added that “there may be multiple victims.”

The Meeting House soon hired a “victim advocate,” Melodie Bissell, to handle any additional allegations. By August of 2022, the church said it had “substantiated” two claims of sexual abuse and another case of sexual misconduct against Cavey. In one case, they admitted, "the alleged victim was underage.”

Cavey will soon go on trial on three separate charges. (He maintains his innocence.) There are now multiple lawsuits against The Meeting House, each seeking $5 million in damages. Bissell said there were ultimately 38 allegations of sexual misconduct against Cavey and three other pastors he worked with in the time she spent with the church. The incidents included many that occurred long before she stepped into that role, meaning it was only when she was in that position that some alleged victims came forward with their stories.
:snippity:
Lots of hot links to substantiate in the original source: https://www.friendlyatheist.com/p/canad ... s-services
And here is the church's (length) response: https://us8.campaign-archive.com/?e=__t ... 3354e3061c
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:48 pm You know, I probably wouldn't have such a problem with these bible thumpers if they ACTUALLY FOLLOWED THE BIBLE.
Eric Garcia @EricG1247 wrote: The government forcing children to read the Bible while not ensuring that the children are fed is probably the most fucked up thing in the history of fucked up things.

It literally says to feed the hungry in the Bible.
I may have posted this elsewhere but it seems proper to post it again here.

101010 :towel:

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”