Happy Pappy's Day 2024!

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Happy Pappy's Day 2024!

Post by bill_g »

Happy Pappy's Day 2024!

I know most people celebrate this tomorrow (Sunday), but I'm getting a jump on it. The kids are coming by this afternoon to take me to dinner at some place I've never heard of before that is supposed to the The Bomb. Okay. We will see.

Grand daughter #2 will be coming along accompanied by GGD numbers 1 and 2. So, the sound of baby feet will hit our floors again after almost twenty years.

I hope all the Dad's here have a good celebration this weekend.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Happy Pappy's Day 2024!

Post by Foggy »

Number One Son is arriving shortly and we're going out to dinner. :dance:
Don't mind me, I just fell out of a coconut tree. 🥥🌴
tek

Happy Pappy's Day 2024!

Post by tek »

First father's day since Dad passed away.
We're meeting my youngest brother and his wife at the cemetery tomorrow morning, then going out to breakfast - which is what my dad would have wanted to do (Dad: "Where are we going for breakfast?")
Foggy
Dick Tater

Happy Pappy's Day 2024!

Post by Foggy »

Happy Father's Day forealdo now, my peeps.

If there's an afterlife where I will be judged for what I managed to accomplish on this planet despite my limitations, then I am going to insist that I be judged for who, and what, I was as a father. That's the most important thing I ever ever ever did in my life, so it needs to come out on top.

And husband right after that.
Volkonski
Verified:

Happy Pappy's Day 2024!

Post by Volkonski »

Mrs.V has given me 4 frozen lobster tails for Father's Day. :biggrin:

Happy Father's Day to all who qualify.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
sugar magnolia

Happy Pappy's Day 2024!

Post by sugar magnolia »

This is the first time in many years, and probably the last for many more, that all 3 kids are here for Father's day. My oldest daughter flew in from Brazil yesterday, my son isn't moving until this Friday and my youngest daughter lives in town.
Volkonski
Verified:

Happy Pappy's Day 2024!

Post by Volkonski »

The local Oldies station typically plays whatever songs it can find for every day that is some sort of day.

Today they keep mentioning Father's Day but there don't seem to be any Father's Day songs. :o
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Foggy
Dick Tater

Happy Pappy's Day 2024!

Post by Foggy »

The thing I miss about being a dad is when one of the boys would come running to show me the latest cut or scrape, and I would carefully inspect the injury and sadly announce, "You'll probably be dead by mornin', son." :mrgreen:
sugar magnolia

Happy Pappy's Day 2024!

Post by sugar magnolia »

Foggy wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:04 am The thing I miss about being a dad is when one of the boys would come running to show me the latest cut or scrape, and I would carefully inspect the injury and sadly announce, "You'll probably be dead by mornin', son." :mrgreen:
I went the opposite direction with ours. They'd come running with a boo boo and my first question was "is there blood dripping or exposed bone?" and if there wasn't, they were fine. And our #1 rule was if they could call us at anytime but if it was in the middle of the night the first words out of their mouth had better be "I'm fine" even if the next word was "but." We could figure anything out once mama knew they were ok. We laugh about it now, but when my youngest daughter was attacked in a home invasion and hauled off in an ambulance, the paramedic called from my daughter's phone and her first words were "She said to tell you she's ok, but.." and told us to meet them at the ER. That kept me calm enough to get to the hospital without having a high-speed crash on the way.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Happy Pappy's Day 2024!

Post by Foggy »

Well, my way works, in the sense that they soon learned that they weren't going to die from a cut or a scrape. But they always knew that we'd take care of anything more serious.

I used to tell them, your mom's job is to make a nice, warm, safe, comfortable nest for you, and my job is to kick you out of the nest and make you learn how to fly.

... and they're flying pretty well right now. :towel:

I'm gonna pass on that "I'm fine, but ..." to my boys. That would be great for ol' Wifehorn.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Happy Pappy's Day 2024!

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Happy Father’s Day to all of the Fogbow Fathers! I am proud and pleased to know all of you!!!💕💖❤️
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Volkonski
Verified:

Happy Pappy's Day 2024!

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:55 am The local Oldies station typically plays whatever songs it can find for every day that is some sort of day.

Today they keep mentioning Father's Day but there don't seem to be any Father's Day songs. :o
They found one. "The Boys in my Little Girl's Life". ;)
W. Kevin Vicklund

Happy Pappy's Day 2024!

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

What about "Papa Don't Preach"*

*80's are Oldies now, right?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Happy Pappy's Day 2024!

Post by neonzx »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:16 am What about "Papa Don't Preach"*

*80's are Oldies now, right?
I think you are correct!! :thumbsup:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Happy Pappy's Day 2024!

Post by Slim Cognito »

Happy Dad's Day to all the dads!!
ImageImageImage x4
MN-Skeptic

Happy Pappy's Day 2024!

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Happy Father's Day to all the dads, but I also want to add a Happy Father's Day to all the uncles out there.

We never had children, but my husband was a beloved uncle to the seven nephews and nieces who lived nearest us. "Up on shoulders, Uncle Michael!" they would exclaim. He thrilled them with spins and up-side-downs and up on shoulders rides. The little girls would comb and style his hair while he sat patiently for them. But, best of all, he would sit and have real conversations with all of them from the time they were all very young. He made a lasting impression on all their lives.

So Happy Father's Day to all the male role models out there who are helping and have helped raise the next generation! :lovestruck: :bighug:
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️🥥🌴✅

Happy Pappy's Day 2024!

Post by poplove »

Right on, @MN-Skeptic! I'll add godfathers as well.

Too, also, my niece and stepdaughter both have partners who have stepped up to be the great dads their kids need and deserve.
Kendra

Happy Pappy's Day 2024!

Post by Kendra »

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrum ... 6788880196
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY TO ALL, INCLUDING THE RADICAL LEFT DEGENERATES THAT ARE RAPIDLY BRINGING THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA INTO THIRD WORLD NATION STATUS WITH THEIR MANY ATTEMPTS AT TRYING TO INFLUENCE OUR SACRED COURT SYSTEM INTO BREAKING TO THEIR VERY SICK AND DANGEROUS WILL. WE NEED STRENGTH AND LOYALTY TO OUR COUNTRY, AND ITS WONDERFUL CONSTITUTION. EVERYTHING WILL BE ON FULL DISPLAY COME NOVEMBER 5TH, 2024 - THE MOST IMPORTANT DAY IN THE HISTORY OF OUR COUNTRY. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Happy Pappy's Day 2024!

Post by Flatpoint High »

The last family portrait.
Happy Father's Day, Pop-O
448403019_10168548386160398_8226880137520622855_n.jpg
448403019_10168548386160398_8226880137520622855_n.jpg (26.95 KiB) Viewed 676 times
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
AndyinPA
Verified:

Happy Pappy's Day 2024!

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater

Happy Pappy's Day 2024!

Post by Foggy »

Oh that's a wonderful photo, Flatpoint. ❤️
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Happy Pappy's Day 2024!

Post by bill_g »

:bighug: