Republicans behaving badly

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Biden is responsible for the decades-old Flint water crisis caused by state and local government? Huh.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

northland10 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:49 pm I think he has some issues with electric vehicles (he is original from Texas so that might be it).
Texas is the home of Tesla, which I hear may be into electric vehicles. Although I suspect they're mostly into giving Elon Musk obscene amounts of money. But hey, ya'll do you.

They divided up Musk's haul by the number of vehicles sold, and it came up to $9k per Tesla on the road. So lots of people are doing their $50B part.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:53 pm
northland10 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:49 pm I think he has some issues with electric vehicles (he is original from Texas so that might be it).
Texas is the home of Tesla, which I hear may be into electric vehicles. Although I suspect they're mostly into giving Elon Musk obscene amounts of money. But hey, ya'll do you.

They divided up Musk's haul by the number of vehicles sold, and it came up to $9k per Tesla on the road. So lots of people are doing their $50B part.
He left Texas before Elon liberalled it up with satanic electric vehicles or something. So, now he can only be mad at GM for being woke with EVs.

I tried to make the above make sense, but, this is all I got.
101010 :towel:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:33 pm
northland10 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:20 pm
Anthony Hudson
@AHudson2k24

Attention:

I have been getting media requests from multiple media outlets, and I would like to address the Tik Tok incident that happened this morning. Here is my statement regarding the MLK AI Endorsement Video:

Upon further review of the MLK video in question, I decided to not only not keep my campaign staffer, but also give him a raise as I believe MLK would be disgusted at the complete suffering of Flint Michigan residents under the current administration’s watch.

If MLK were alive today- I do believe he would endorse me and my vision for a better Michigan.

5:45 PM · Jun 14, 2024
Instead, he blamed a volunteer’s friend for making the post, though just how or why an unpaid staffer got Hudson’s social media credentials is still unclear.
How do you give a VOLUNTEER a raise? Which begs the question of how you give a VOLUNTEER'S FRIEND a raise.

Full of shite!
Not to mention the fact that he's lost his mind if he thinks Mr King wouldn't be shouting anything from the mountaintop other than what irredeemable fucks trump and Hudson are.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Even without the hint, it was a horrible attempt to deep-fake Kings voice and manner of speaking. :roll:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Well, my brother-in-law is a republican, evangelical MAGA. He posted "Women have 0 rights" on his FB page some time while I was away.

I unfollowed him years ago; I rarely read that crap.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Wisconsin Republicans block PFAS cleanup until polluters are granted immunity
GOP-controlled committee thwarting distribution of $125m budgeted by legislature until polluter immunity approved

Tom Perkins
Sat 15 Jun 2024 12.00 CEST

Wisconsin Republicans are withholding $125m designated for cleanup of widespread PFAS contamination in drinking water and have said they will only release the funds in exchange for immunity for polluters.

The move is part of a broader effort by Republicans in the state to steal power from the Democratic governor, Tony Evers, the funding’s supporters say, alleging such “political games” are putting residents’ health at risk.

“People really feel like they’re being held hostage,” said Lee Donahue, mayor of Campbell, which is part of the La Crosse metropolitan area and has drinking water contaminated with astronomical levels of PFAS. “It’s ridiculous, and some would argue that it’s criminal, that they are withholding money from communities in dire need of clean drinking water.”

PFAS are a class of chemicals used across dozens of industries to make products water-, stain- and heat-resistant. They are called “forever chemicals” because they don’t naturally break down, and they persist in the environment and accumulate in humans’ and animals’ bodies. The compounds are linked to cancer, decreased immunity, thyroid problems, birth defects, kidney disease, liver problems and a range of other serious illnesses.

The Environmental Protection Agency this year established limits for several of the most common PFAS, including levels at four parts per trillion (ppt) for the most dangerous. PFAS are contaminating water for more than 350,000 Wisconsin public water system users, often at levels far exceeding the limits. Many more private wells have contaminated water. In Madison, the state capital, levels in water sources were found as high as 180,000ppt.

In Campbell, where more than 500 wells have tested positive for PFAS at levels up to thousands of times above federal limits, many suspect high rates of cancer and other serious ailments that have plagued the town’s residents stem from the dangerous chemicals.

In the face of the crisis, bipartisan budget legislation that created the $125m pot of money for cleanup was approved by the GOP-controlled legislature and signed by the governor in mid-2023. The funds are supposed to go to the Wisconsin department of natural resources.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/art ... as-cleanup
raison de arizona

Noem advocates for armed insurrection? Very nearly so.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Noem: They were taking on the strongest military in the world and those colonists went and picked up their personal hunting rifles and decided to go fight for freedom. If they can do that, we can do what have to do this election cycle, can't we?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

"And they fought dogs, lots of dogs."
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Isn’t that a tad simplistic?
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:07 pm But I wanna pay junk fees! Like when my bank arranged all my debits, totaling slightly more than I had in my account (oops, good thing I automatically overdraft to my savings,) largest to smallest and ran them overnight. The first large one wiped out the account, but then they cleared all the smaller ones by overdraft. At $35 each. Made themselves a tidy couple hundred off that scam. Fuck your fees.
When I was a computer programmer for a large Cleveland bank, back in the early 1970's, I worked on the DDA (Demand Deposit Accounting - Checking) system. At that time, we posted all deposits to an account before any withdrawals (checks). This minimized the chance of a customer overdrawing their account. Today, the bank posts withdrawals first.

Withdrawals were always posted largest dollar amount first. The thinking was that, for most people, the biggest check they wrote every month was their mortgage payment or rent, followed by a car payment. So, if a customer did not have enough to cover all the checks they wrote, the most important ones would be covered, if possible.

I realized twenty years ago that the only way banks were able to increase revenue was by finding ways to charge for things that they had not charged for previously.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:27 pm Isn’t that a tad simplistic?
The people she's trying to appeal to think Red Dawn is a documentary....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

The better to deny what she is actually saying, my dear....

:wolf:
tek

Post by tek »

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Its very very simplistic. Stonekettle station had a long post about how the French Army the heavy lifting for most of the war, while the vaunted American "Militia" were almost completely useless. Washington eventually hammered the people worth a damn into a professional army and that finally started winning a few battles.

https://www.stonekettle.com/2016/01/ref ... drels.html

It starts off with this quote from someone else
Refuge of Scoundrels
"...An overweening vanity leads the fond many, each man against the conviction of his own heart, to believe or affect to believe, that militia can beat veteran troops in the open field and even play of battle. This idle notion, fed by vaunting demagogues, alarmed us for our country, when in the course of that time and chance, which happen to all, she should be at war with a great power."
- US Senator Gouverneur Morris, Founding Father and Penman of the US Constitution, Boston, 1815

It’s been what?

Two centuries and some change maybe?

I mean, when exactly was the last time defense of the country depended on a bunch of raggedy-ass pig farmers?

Exactly when was it, that glorious time of independence and freedom, when the heavenly white light of liberty depended on a dirty band of fake Marines, ersatz soldiers, and drunken beer bellied louts led by a couple of second-rate cattle barons whose own grasp of civilization most closely resembles that of their bovine stock in trade?

When?

We’ll come back to that.

We Americans, oh how we love to tell ourselves fairytales of the fabled citizen soldier.

We love to believe a bunch of simple farmers, untrained in war, armed only with primitive muskets and the fierce righteous fire of liberty in their bellies, faced down the greatest professional army in the world and sent the Red Coats back to King George. Oh yes, we proudly puff out our chests and tell ourselves how a rag-tag militia of common men rose up to drive tyranny from the land, how those patriots watered the tree of liberty with their own blood, and went on to pen the Constitution and lay the foundation of the United States with nothing more than the sweat of their own brows and the blessings of their creator.

It’s all bullshit, of course.

Bullshit, but that myth is so entrenched in the American psyche that to suggest otherwise is oft considered treason.

The idea is ludicrous. It is. It’s so ridiculous in fact that we laugh, we Americans, when the idea comes up in any other context but for our own Revolutionary War. The thought of some rag-tag half-assed militia facing down our own modern military? Hilarious. They’re nothing but a bunch of goat herders, towelheads, camel jockeys, we sneer with contempt. All the IEDs and suicide-belts in the world can’t so much as blunt our advance. Yeehaw!

And we’re right about that.

Sure we are. For no misfit militia can stand against a trained and equipped professional force.

Oh, certainly, militia might get lucky in an ambush or even a skirmish, but not in open battle. Not against professionals. Not against tanks and well equipped infantry and air superiority and advanced communications and technology. Which is why that militia so often resorts to guerrilla tactics and terrorism and a war of attrition – and even those things can’t win the day, not if the professional military and those who sent them are willing to stay the course.

The simple truth of the matter is this: American freedom, American liberty, has never depended on an irregular militia.

Not really.

George Washington himself had a particular contempt for the militia, writing to his nephew, Lund Washington, in September of 1776 after the loss of Long Island and Manhattan to British forces,

“I am wearied to death all day with a variety of perplexing circumstances, disturbed at the conduct of the militia, whose behavior and want of discipline has done great injury to the other troops, who never had officers, except in a few instances, worth the bread they eat. In confidence I tell you that I never was in such an unhappy, divided state since I was born.”

Note that in the battle which prompted Washington’s letter, the Redcoats took New York in less than twelve hours, while the various American militias (forces actually sworn to the country and with some modicum of training unlike the modern militia movement) deserted almost to a man at the first sight of the professional soldiers advancing on them. At the Battle of Kip’s Bay, General Washington attempted to rally the panicked and fleeing militia by first commanding “take the walls!” pointing to the stone walls of the cornfields that made up the battleground. The men ignored him and continued to run away. Then because they were in utter disarray and their officers unwilling to stand their ground, Washington commanded the militia to “take the cornfields!” just to get them off the road and to stop running. Instead, the militia dropped their weapons and ran blindly away up the Post Road. Washington literally beat the fleeing militiamen with his cane and the flat of his sword in an attempt to turn their cowardice. Finally in frustration, Washington declared he would start running them through if they didn’t stand and fight. They didn’t.
Read the rest of it. I read it every so often myself
Hic sunt dracones
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/art ... -water-bag
A Vermont lawmaker was compelled to apologize publicly after being caught on video pouring water into her colleague’s work bag multiple times across several months.

The bizarre behavior and accompanying mea culpa is allegedly a part of a campaign of harassment that one legislator aimed at another who represents the same district in the Green Mountain state, independent outlet Seven Days first reported.

The Republican representative, Mary Morrissey, 67, confessed to dumping water in the bag of fellow Democratic legislator Jim Carroll, 62. She later apologized during a Vermont state House session on Monday, Boston.com reported.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

IDK where to put this but thought it was a hilarious quote from Adam:

Adam Kinzinger (Slava Ukraini) 🇺🇸🇺🇦🇮🇱 @AdamKinzinger 21h
Bob Good vs John McGuire in Virginia primary is like picking between dysentery and the flu.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao:
raison de arizona

Michigan GOP state Rep. Neil Friske arrested after alleged altercation with a stripper involving a firearm

Michigan state Rep. Neil Friske (R-Charlevoix) was arrested early Thursday morning after he reportedly chased a stripper with a gun after a disagreement the two had.

According to initial reports from the Lansing-based MIRS News, Friske was arrested by the Lansing Police Department with a gun in his possession at 2:25 a.m. near his home, after sources said he allegedly chased an adult dancer from his home. The dancer also supposedly works at the Déjà Vu gentlemen’s club in Lansing, which is located close to Friske’s home. The LPD also confirmed they were responding to a shots fired call.

Authorities also declined to name what exactly Friske is being charged with until he is arraigned on either Friday or Saturday. The claims involving a stripper and Friske possessing a gun could not be independently confirmed by press time.

Friske’s campaign released a statement on Facebook several hours after his arrest, saying that the representative “is always exercising his 2nd Amendment right.” The campaign also insinuated, without proof, that the arrest is politically motivated, calling it “highly suspect.”
:snippity:
https://heartlandsignal.com/2024/06/20/ ... a-firearm/
raison de arizona

Senator Based Mike Lee was explained the error of his mistake and quickly deleted this post. But not before it was screen shotted.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Shot:

https://x.com/GopNavajo/status/1804995928971227480
We at the Navajo County Republican Committee are calling for
@SteveSlatonAZ
to immediately withdraw from the Arizona House of Representatives LD-7 race for misrepresenting his military service.
From a "stolen valor" group:

https://x.com/StolenValor1/status/1797866371721597097
Review of Steve Slatons
@SteveSlatonAZ
records and the DD214 he submitted versus what the NPRC has.

Claims:

1. Steve claims to have served in Vietnam as a Cobra Pilot.

2. Steve also claimed he was Special Forces to a reporter for
@MtnDailyStar

3. Steve submitted a DD214 he claims proves his Vietnam service.

4. Steve claims the following awards:

* National Defense Service Medal

* Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal

* Vietnam Service Medal

* Army Good Conduct Medal

* Army Commendation Medal

5. Steve also claims being a part of something called the Nixon Vietnamese Program in 1974.

Facts:

1. Steve joined the Army on 06-29-1973.

2. Steve was a 67X20 AH-1G Helicopter Repairman.

3. Steve served in Korea for one year from 01/08/1974-01/07/1975 and received the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal for this service.

4. Steve served 3 years on Active Duty before being transferred to USAR Control Group on 06/28/1976 to finish out his term of service.

5. Steve finished his enlistment on 06/29/1979 with the following awards:

* National Defense Service Medal

* Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal

6. The Nixon Vietnamese Program does not exist, this has been verified by Vietnam Veterans and a Military Historian, Doug Sterner who is also a Vietnam Veteran.

Steve submitted a DD214 to a local radio station to prove his service in Vietnam. The DD214 Steve submitted has been altered from the original document. The NPRC has verified the document he submitted does not match the one they have on file.

The dates of both DD214s have the same date and are signed by the same individual a L. E. LYONE MAJ, AGC, ASST AG. Additional items were added to this DD214 after it was signed by the verifying officer.

I have reviewed all documents from the NPRC to include the DD214, 2-1’s and other documents.

Steve did not serve in Vietnam, he did serve a one year rotation in Korea with the 128th Aviation Company.

Steve was not a Cobra Pilot, nor was he Special Forces.

All documents are attached to this thread to include commentary from a Vietnam Military Historian.

Also all service members who served in Vietnam received the Vietnam Campaign Medal and the Vietnam Service Medal not just the Vietnam Service Medal as he claims.(see attached commentary)
More in the stolen valor twitter thread

Chaser:

https://x.com/joshtpm/status/1805076035609784442
Josh Marshall
@joshtpm
When you're definitely telling the truth about your military service record and not at all having a bad day
Steven Slaton
@SteveSlatonAZ
In response to the local Navajo County losers:

I am a Vietnam combat veteran - no left wing smear campaign will ever deny that fact. These people doing this are doing to me what the liberals did to my fellow Vietnam veterans decades ago when they returned - spitting on them and mocking them. These are the same people who opposed patriots like Kari Lake, President Trump, Eli Crane and Wendy Rogers. They are a bunch of establishment Chamber of Commerce RINO hacks who support Democrats more than Republicans. It is about 10 losers with no real power to do anything. They get everything wrong and are about as irrelevant as the paper their phony letter is printed on.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

@StrictlyChristo
While on vacation in Hawaii, this Karen gets shaking mad when she sees a drag queen in the lobby for a Pride Celebration brunch.

Most mainlander haoles are unaware that Mahu have been an integral and accepted part of Polynesian society for hundreds of years.

@TizzyEnt
Moms for Liberty chair & UCDavis employee Beth Bourne decides to harass drag queens at a Honolulu resort. I'm sure she will play the victims after the backlash begins.
raison de arizona

What disgusting behavior.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I do like how they handled her. She wanted her money back and she would leave.
"Ok"

Mrich

Post by Mrich »

Of course the behavior is reprehensible, but I hate that the name "Karen" has become a pejorative.

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”