TESLA and Elon Musk - anything not elsewhere

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

And he is removing X from Apple's App Store! Oh wait, no? Don't feel THAT strongly about it?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Works for me.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Can we store Elon in a Faraday cage as well?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Will Tesla conveyances now be delivered with their own Faraday cage? Cause without AI they will not operate :blackeye:

Does Elon perhaps fear that Apple AI may take over his cars and drive them for him :lol:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:16 pm :snippity:

Does Elon perhaps fear that Apple AI may take over his cars and drive them for him :lol:
You laugh, but this is how the machine wars begin.... :fingerwag:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

now he needs time to bugger Apple
Elon Musk drops lawsuit after OpenAI published his emails

By Clare Duffy, CNN
Updated 6:32 PM EDT, Tue June 11, 2024

CNN — Lawyers for Elon Musk on Tuesday moved to dismiss the billionaire’s lawsuit against OpenAI and CEO Sam Altman, ending a months-long legal battle between co-founders of the artificial intelligence startup.

Musk — who co-founded OpenAI in 2015 — sued the company in February, accusing the ChatGPT maker of abandoning its original, nonprofit mission by reserving some of its most advanced AI technology for private customers. The lawsuit had sought a jury trial and for the company, Altman and co-founder and president Greg Brockman to pay back any profit they received from the business.

But OpenAI quickly pushed back against Musk’s claims, calling them “incoherent” and “frivolous” and arguing in a court filing that the case should be dismissed. The company also published a blog post that included several of Musk’s emails from OpenAI’s early days. The emails appeared to show Musk acknowledging the need for the company to make large sums of money to fund the computing resources needed to power its AI ambitions, which stood in contrast to the claims in his lawsuit that OpenAI was wrongly pursuing profit.

Musk’s lawyers did not cite a reason for their request to drop the lawsuit in Tuesday’s filing. A hearing regarding OpenAI’s motion to dismiss the case had been scheduled for Wednesday.

The move to drop the lawsuit also came one day after Musk fired off a string of posts on his social media platform X criticizing OpenAI and its handling of user data, after Apple announced a partnership that integrates ChatGPT with digital personal assistant Siri for users on an opt-in basis.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/06/11/tech ... index.html
raison de arizona

Elon Musk has unusual relationships with women at SpaceX, WSJ reports
Elon Musk allegedly had sex with a former intern and an employee. He asked a third woman to have his babies.

Elon Musk had a sexual relationship with a former SpaceX intern, who he later hired onto his executive team, according to The Wall Street Journal. He also had a sexual relationship with a second employee. And a third woman alleged that Musk asked her several times to have his children; she refused. He then denied her a raise and complained about her performance.

One of the women who Musk had a sexual relationship also drew the ire of SpaceX President Gwynne Shotwell, who accused her of having an affair with Shotwell’s husband. When the woman reported this to HR, HR told Shotwell. “Shotwell told the HR department at SpaceX that she wanted the woman removed from the office of the chief executive,” The Wall Street Journal wrote.

The Journal’s article cites text messages, emails, and other documents. It is based on interviews with more than 48 people, including friends and family members of the women, as well as former employees.

Musk didn’t reply to WSJ’s requests for comment. Shotwell said the WSJ’s request for comment “paint[ s] a completely misleading narrative” of what working for SpaceX is like, and that the WSJ story doesn’t reflect SpaceX’s culture. She also said that SpaceX investigates all harassment complaints and responds appropriately.

In 2021, five former SpaceX employees said there was a “culture of sexual harassment” in the company. One of those women described multiple instances of being groped. A 2022 story reported that a flight attendant on Musk’s private jet said he exposed himself and offered “to buy her a horse in exchange for an erotic massage,” according to Business Insider. Earlier this year, a former SpaceX employee filed a lawsuit alleging sexual abuse and discrimination.

SpaceX is also being investigated by California’s civil rights agency over allegations that the company discriminates against women and retaliated against workers who raised concerns.
https://www.theverge.com/2024/6/12/2417 ... ationships
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

This one is nigh on perfect!
raison de arizona

:lol:
raison de arizona

The world according to Elon Musk, wow, whatta maroon!
Elon Musk @elonmusk wrote: Yeah
The Rabbit Hole @TheRabbitHole84 wrote: The term “far right” has become so loosely applied that it’s effectively useless in sniffing out genuine cases of extremism and more often used to slander reasonable people.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Tesla shareholders approve CEO Elon Musk’s $45bn pay package
Billionaire tells shareholders ‘hot damn, I love you guys’ after retaining largest-ever executive pay package at US-listed firm

Nick Robins-Early
Thu 13 Jun 2024 23.13 CEST

Tesla shareholders have approved a $45bn (£35.3bn) pay deal for CEO Elon Musk, following a fiercely contested referendum on his leadership.

The result, announced on Thursday, comes as the billionaire tycoon fights to retain the largest-ever compensation package granted to an executive at a US-listed company.

“I just want to start off by saying, hot damn, I love you guys!” a gleeful Musk said as he appeared on stage following the vote.

The vote took place after a Delaware judge nullified Musk’s payment – then worth around $56bn (£43.9)– in January, on the grounds that Tesla’s board could not be considered independent from Musk’s influence and reached that dollar figure through an illegitimate process.

The result is a victory for Musk and the Tesla board after they ardently campaigned for shareholders to approve the deal. It could serve as a rebuttal to the judge’s ruling that struck down the award – making it easier for Tesla’s board to argue that shareholders were properly informed about the payment package, and the board members’ ties to Musk, before casting their votes.

Tesla’s board warned Musk could turn away from the company if the package wasn’t approved, while Musk claimed on Wednesday evening that he had wide support of investors.

Prominent shareholders such as Norway’s sovereign wealth fund and the California State Teachers’ Retirement System announced they would vote against the payment in the lead-up to the vote, while proxy advisory firms Glass Lewis and Institutional Shareholder Services also opposed the award.

The vote does not automatically mean that Musk will receive the money, however, and there are likely to be further disputes. There are still numerous legal arguments around whether the board can be considered independent, and whether the package can be considered fair after the judge ruled otherwise.

It is also possible new lawsuits may arise over the vote, potentially bringing the case back in front of a judge and raising the prospect of a protracted legal battle. Shareholders also approved a measure to move Tesla’s legal home from Delaware to Texas, potentially further complicating any challenges.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/ar ... n-musk-pay
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Common sense investing suggests investing in low expense ratio, broad based index funds. Don't buy stock in Apple, for example, because a total stock market index fund will already include an investment in Apple. The drawback of broad based index funds is that you own stock in Tesla too and I abhor Musk. Sigh. Well, in the grand scheme of things, it's only a very small part of my portfolio.
raison de arizona

Musk got his pay package reinstated. He's taking his money, packing up, and moving to TX.
Elon Musk @elonmusk wrote: Sending this cake to Delaware as a parting gift 😘
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

He believes he’s the center of the universe. Move over, earth.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

This is davedownunder's buddy. :lol:
Largo al factotum.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Unbelievable! I saw my first Ugly Truck this morning. Right here in the downtown of my sprawling city of 11,000. It was painted red with black trim and the funky Tesla T on the front, in black. I think it was on its way north to the rich man's playground. There are no charging stations in my metropolis.
Largo al factotum.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

:dance:
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

IMG_1789.jpeg
IMG_1789.jpeg (175.22 KiB) Viewed 408 times
zekeb

Post by zekeb »

Jet engines weigh much less than a piston engine. It's not how much you can tow, it's how long you can tow it.
Largo al factotum.
raison de arizona

noblepa

Post by noblepa »

poplove wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:36 pmIMG_1789.jpeg
Actually, that looks more like a rocket engine than a jet. I've never seen a jet engine with the large bell-shaped tail.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Maybe its one of the many engines in his Bucket Rocket.
Hic sunt dracones
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

noblepa wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 2:53 pm
poplove wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:36 pmIMG_1789.jpeg
Actually, that looks more like a rocket engine than a jet. I've never seen a jet engine with the large bell-shaped tail.
It's Musk! – of course it's one of his trucks (designed in his mighty brain*) towing one of his rocket engines (designed in his mighty brain*) that powers one of his spaceships (designed in his mighty brain*).

The rocket engines on the Apollo and similar programs look – as you say – similar in having a large bell-shaped thrust chamber with turbopumps and other gear (igniter, etc.) mounted on to of the thrust chamber.

The fuels for these engines are cryogenic, liquefied gases, verrrry cold. The combustion is verrrry hot, hot enough to melt the metal of the thrust chamber. In a very neat solution, the cold propellant is pumped from the storage tanks through a spiral of pipes around the thrust chamber before combustion. This has two very desirable consequences: the thrust chamber is cooled so doesn't melt, and the propellant is vaporized and warmed ready for smooth and efficient combustion. So cool!

It probably weighs between one and two tons. Someone can look it up.

_________
* :nope: :nope: :nope:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 5:00 am It probably weighs between one and two tons. Someone can look it up.

_________
* :nope: :nope: :nope:
Yeah, my 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder, with a four-cylinder engine could probably pull it.

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”