Charles "Charlie" J. Kirk, Turning Point USA #TPUSA

These people suck. They are bad people.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Worth pointing out is that is a bull, and its milk will be something udderly different.
Turning Point USA is promoting drinking raw milk amid bird flu outbreak
The organization is selling “got raw milk?” T-shirts

Right-wing youth organization Turning Point USA is promoting drinking raw, unpasteurized milk to its followers during a bird flu outbreak among dairy cows.

Drinking raw milk has always been risky, but a recent H5N1 bird flu outbreak now makes it even more dangerous. The Food and Drug Administration and Centers for Disease Control have both warned against consuming the product, with a recent FDA post warning that raw milk “can pose serious health risks to you and your family” and has germs in it that can “seriously injure the health of anyone who drinks raw milk or eats products made from raw milk.” Additionally, cats on dairy farms have died after drinking raw milk from bird flu-infected cows.

This has not stopped Turning Point USA from promoting raw milk to its followers. The group recently released a T-shirt for sale featuring an image of a cow and the words “got raw milk?”
:snippity:
https://www.mediamatters.org/turning-po ... u-outbreak
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

And, as pointed out on the bird site, that cow has no udders. :shock:
Image ImageImage
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I hunted down the Tee shirt on the Site for myself by clicking description link on the Mediamaters story), and the one on the site now is clearly a female. Obviously I dunno if TP changed it or sent Mediamatters a bullshit story to laugh at them and discredit MM, but as of right now it looks like this.

Cows02.webp
Cows02.webp (13.29 KiB) Viewed 639 times
https://tpusamerch.com/collections/ywls ... op-t-shirt
Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

A trans cow?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Well obviously if you think its a Male, it is...
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Without regard to the gender of the bovine on TP's shirt, Rick Wilson chimes in on the whole pasteurization controversy.
https://x.com/TheRickWilson/status/1801217798103765145
Rick Wilson @TheRickWilson wrote: Y'all want to drink raw milk?

Hell, I can't stop you. You do you, boo.

But the idea that somehow the very process of pasteurization is a woke conspiracy to deprive you of you God-given right to salmonella, listeria, e coli, and a host of other delights is a testament to Darwin.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

If you are getting raw milk direct from the cow, the risks are rather low. The issue arises from mixing the raw milk from multiple cows, multiplying the risks for each cow contributing.
much ado

Post by much ado »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:54 pm If you are getting raw milk direct from the cow, the risks are rather low. The issue arises from mixing the raw milk from multiple cows, multiplying the risks for each cow contributing.
Where does one buy milk that is sourced from a single cow?
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

much ado wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:00 pm
W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:54 pm If you are getting raw milk direct from the cow, the risks are rather low. The issue arises from mixing the raw milk from multiple cows, multiplying the risks for each cow contributing.
I have not done it myself, but I know friends who have (several make cheese from the milk). My understanding is that you can work out a deal with a local farmer in which you purchase the right to a percentage of the output of a given cow.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Here's a link to California's Regulatory Requirements for Distribution of Milk for Raw Consumption in California.

As in all industries, you'll have folks who scrupulously follow the rules, and you'll have folks who completely ignore them. Think of all the food recalls we have in a year. Think of how bad some restaurant kitchens are.

I grew up on pasteurized milk. Shoot... I lived my first 13 years in Wisconsin and every June there would be a banner hung over Main Street declaring "June is Dairy Month." I love my dairy products! But... kill all those nasty pathogens before you serve it to me!
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:04 pm
much ado wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:00 pm
I have not done it myself, but I know friends who have (several make cheese from the milk). My understanding is that you can work out a deal with a local farmer in which you purchase the right to a percentage of the output of a given cow.
Sounds sort of like single vineyard wine. :biggrin:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Having once had salmonella, not in a million years would I drink that milk.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Unfortunately, there are ignorant parents who, while wanting the best for their children, will feed them raw milk. Yes, it may be safe. But that's not something I would ever want to gamble on. It's right up there with choosing to not vaccinate your children. The problem with modern day first world countries is that so many people have never had first hand experience with dread diseases that they don't appreciate what miracles pasteurization and modern vaccines are.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

That's not really the issue. The issue really is when the milk is left for 24 hours. Its so nutrition rich that bacteria grow like crazy in it.
Hic sunt dracones
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

It tastes like shit

My mom used to buy it and it was still warm when we got it. Mom would drink it warm

The grossest crap I ever drank. Ever
raison de arizona

Peter Henlein @SwissWatchGuy wrote: At TPUSA.

Freedom 2 O water.

This is not a parody.

We don’t have a conservative movement anymore. We have an infotainment complex aimed at pushing merch to morons.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

When are we going to get a "blow it out your ass, you fucking nimrod" smilie for the board?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:18 pm When are we going to get a "blow it out your ass, you fucking nimrod" smilie for the board?
Seconded!!!!

All in favor, say aye!!!
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Eee eye Eee Eye Oh!
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: and it's really me

Post by Foggy »

Help me find one.
raison de arizona

PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 @patriottakes wrote: A supercut of Trump campaign partner Charlie Kirk attacking the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

The legislation, which banned racial segregation in the United States, was signed into law 60 years ago today.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I hope they all drink plenty of raw milk around election day. Get so sick they can't leave the bathroom. Heck we should fund a "FREE RAW MILK" day the first week of November!
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”