Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

bob wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:26 pm
DrIrvingFinegarten wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:15 pm
New Turtle wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:07 pm There was some footage released over the weekend, it was of Pelosi and others in Congress trying to find out if someone called in The Guard and what was their ETA. They were getting the runaround from the DC Guard.
So despite what they’re saying she said “in her own words!” she didn’t really say she was responsible for the lack of security?
Yes.

If someone says, "Call the police," that doesn't mean they have the authority to tell the police what to do.
To be fair, Bob, the kinds of folks that would hold that call against Pelosi are also in the subset of folks who WOULD tell a cop "I pay your salary!"
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bob

Post by bob »

Ben-Prime wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:28 am To be fair, Bob, the kinds of folks that would hold that call against Pelosi are also in the subset of folks who WOULD tell a cop "I pay your salary!"
To go a step further, people may ignore a request from a powerful member of Congress at their peril.

But even a demand is not an order.
Image ImageImage
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Josh Gerstein
@joshgerstein

JUST IN: Lawsuit Ashli Babbitt's family filed over her shooting by Capitol Police officer during Capitol Riot ordered transferred from San Diego to DC over family's objection. Doc:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 8.14.1.pdf
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

WTHeck does San Diego have to do with her criming in DC?? :roll:
Her whole family is dumb as a box of rocks.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

neonzx wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:26 pm WTHeck does San Diego have to do with her criming in DC?? :roll:
Her whole family is dumb as a box of rocks.
If I had to guess, I would speculate that her family (the ones filing the lawsuit) live in southern California and decided it was easier to file there.

I know that, for a federal crime allegation, the trial must be held where the crime is alleged to have been committed, unless the court finds a reason for a change of venue.

It that true for a civil case, such as this?

ETA: I just read the first few sections of the ruling. If I understand correctly, and this is probably a gross oversimplification, the judge is saying that the lawsuit could have been brought either in San Diego, where the plaintiff lives or in Washington, where the defendant is. It seems that the deciding factor for the judge was that the actions or inaction in question unquestionably occurred in DC, that is the proper venue.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Interesting. The plaintiff's attorney is a member of the California and NY bar, but the address given on the docket is Judicial Watch in DC.

I have a hunch this is a JW hobby horse case with a client willing to sign on. I would not be surprised if it was dismissed early on.

The attorney is Robert Patrick Sticht.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

northland10 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:16 pm Interesting. The plaintiff's attorney is a member of the California and NY bar, but the address given on the docket is Judicial Watch in DC.

I have a hunch this is a JW hobby horse case with a client willing to sign on. I would not be surprised if it was dismissed early on.

The attorney is Robert Patrick Sticht.
A few words on Sticht: https://www.realbadlawyers.com/tag/robe ... ck-sticht/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Jan. 6 Prisoners Recorded A Podcast From Jail With A Camera Someone ‘Accidentally’ Gave Them
Some of the people who were convicted for their actions during the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol have insisted the unit where they were held before sentencing in the Washington D.C. jail is an abusive “gulag.” It’s also ground zero for a burgeoning media empire that appears to violate jail policy and features broadcasts starring people who were convicted for their role in storming the Capitol as former President Trump’s loss in the 2020 election was being certified.

A pair of the so-called “J6ers” have hosted a “DC Gulag podcast” where they have interviewed their fellow inmates while promoting various aspects of their agenda including false conspiracy theories about the 2020 vote and the idea they are waging a noble political struggle. Despite the obvious issues with these claims, hero worship of the people who attacked the Capitol has become a persistent feature of MAGA politics. And, thanks to an unusual setup, some of the prisoners themselves are embracing that spotlight.

Inmates are generally restricted from accessing the internet and communicating with the outside world, a situation that has raised questions for years about how to properly balance security concerns and freedom of speech. In their premiere episode, which was released earlier this month and filmed last year, one of the podcast hosts, Jonathan Mellis, now an inmate at FCI Ashland in Kentucky, explained how they were able to get their unique show online.

“What I think the establishment didn’t count on is us being able to have laptops to view our discovery that accidentally have a camera attached to it so that we can actually get to know some of us while we’re in here,” Mellis explained.
:snippity:
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/jan- ... -gave-them
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

:confuzzled: Huh. That doesn't make any sense. Whyever would SCOTUS want to make it more difficult to prosecute folks that participate in an insurrection, right at same the time tfg is saying he won't accept the results unless he wins? :think:
Marc E. Elias @marceelias wrote: The most important story of the week was the fact that the US Supreme Court undercut one of DOJ's main tools in prosecuting Jan. 6 insurrectionists at the same time Donald Trump took to a debate stage and refused to commit to accepting the result of the 2024 election.
raison de arizona

raison de arizona

tfg's pardon list of J6 hostages
Kate Ross @kate_ross_ wrote: 🚨 DC - Community Safety Alert 🚨
J6er, Brandon Fellows who lives in Eckington in a MAGA group house called the “ Eagle’s Nest” (yes like Hitler) is is BRAGGING on Twitter about PUNCHING WOMEN at local bars.

He just got out of prison and is on probation. Incident happened at Del Mar DC at @TheWharfDC @WashProbs @PoPville[/quote

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”