trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
jemcanada2

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by jemcanada2 »

I just had a thought watching the video above. The Trump org has around $500 million in loans coming due and is being investigated by so many agencies for financial crimes. Over/under that they’re still cocky enough to try their usual shady and illegal methods of “paying off” these loans?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

He wanted to send COVID-infected Americans to Gitmo.
I guess that was in the very early days when the first US expats with a covid infection arrived from China. Just before he thought to ship of continental Americans.

:think: Did he plan to invade the rest of Cuba to have space for all the covid carriers? Cause Guantanamo is a small base. :blackeye:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:52 am
He wanted to send COVID-infected Americans to Gitmo.
I guess that was in the very early days when the first US expats with a covid infection arrived from China. Just before he thought to ship of continental Americans.

:think: Did he plan to invade the rest of Cuba to have space for all the covid carriers? Cause Guantanamo is a small base. :blackeye:
I just googled it and there have been more than 34 million cases of Covid-19 in the US. The population of Cuba, according to a 2019 census, is a little over 11 million. So that is 3.5 times the entire population of Cuba.

Granted, much of Cuba is rural and underpopulated, but that also means that there is no housing or other infrastructure. I doubt if the entire island could absorb an influx of even 1 million people, infected or not.

The current occupants might object.
bob

Post by bob »

BuzzFeed: Trump Can’t Be Sued Over The Violent Clearing Of Lafayette Square Last Summer, A Judge Ruled:
The judge found there wasn’t enough evidence that Trump and other officials had conspired to violate protesters’ rights.

Donald Trump and a cadre of current and former federal officials can’t be sued over the violent clearing of peaceful protesters from a park in Washington, DC, last summer shortly before the then-president passed through for a photo op, a federal judge ruled Monday.

Black Lives Matter DC and individual protesters who were forcibly removed from Lafayette Square on June 1, 2020, had sued Trump, former attorney general Bill Barr, and top officials from other federal agencies involved in clearing the park, along with local police from Washington and Arlington, Virginia, who were deployed to the square. In a 51-page decision, US District Judge Dabney Friedrich ruled the claims against local officers could go forward but dismissed all but one against the federal defendants.
D.D.C.'s [repeached Florida Man nominee] ruling.

The ruling is less horrible than it sounds: these kinds of actions generally aren't permitted against federal officials, which is why only state officials now remain in the suit.

The surviving claim against the federal defendants concerns injunctive relief concerning ongoing access to Lafayette Park.
Image ImageImage
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

:crazy: :rotflmao:

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-snl/

Trump tried to sic government lawyers on Saturday Night Live because they ridiculed him
According to a report from the Daily Beast, Donald Trump pressed aides to get government lawyers to go after late-night TV shows like Saturday Night Live for the way that they were treating him.

Trump, whose blustery style was recreated by actor Alec Baldwin, was reportedly obsessed with how he was mocked by late-night comics and reportedly asked administration officials to bring legal pressure to bear to stop it -- only to be told there was no legal mechanism available.

According to the report, in 2019, Trump tweeted, "It's truly incredible that shows like Saturday Night Live, not funny/no talent, can spend all of their time knocking the same person (me), over & over, without so much of a mention of 'the other side. Like an advertisement without consequences. Same with Late Night Shows. Should Federal Election Commission and/or FCC look into this?"

That tweet was not just the president ranting to his base -- he was serious.

"It was, on its face, a ridiculous question and threat, as SNL is obviously satire, and therefore a form of protected speech in America that pissed-off commanders-in-chief have no authority to directly subvert. However, then-President Trump went farther than simply tweeting his displeasure with the late-night comedians and SNL writers' room," the report states. "The internal discussions that followed, between the former leader of the free world and some of his political and legal advisers, once again underscored just how much Trump wanted to use the full weight and power of the U.S. government to punish his personal enemies." :snippity:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

"Famously bad sport Donald Trump..." fill in the blank, goes for golf to SNL to anything.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Got a grift email from the TFG in advance of his "FIRST TRUMP RALLY back with the American People" and "EPIC SPEECH on live television."
Friend,

I have some big news.

On Saturday, I'm heading to the great state of OHIO for my FIRST TRUMP RALLY back with the American People.

Ohio was a crucial battleground state in 2020 - the Democrats thought they could WIN, but they FAILED (just like they did in 2016), which is why this rally is so important to me. But, before I go on stage and give an EPIC SPEECH on live television, I need to know that you're still in this fight with me.

I've asked my team to hand me an updated list of donors who choose to step up at this critical time, and I'll be disappointed if I don't see your name on there.

I'm going to review the Donor List soon and I want to see YOUR NAME at the VERY TOP.
► Show Spoiler
Hope it's a bust and no one is interested. :thumbsup:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

covfefe wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:54 pm Hope it's a bust and no one is interested. :thumbsup:
I hope that the city and the venue get paid in advance.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

noblepa wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:58 pm
covfefe wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:54 pm Hope it's a bust and no one is interested. :thumbsup:
We need some intrepid reporter to find the venue and call and ask those questions.
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:22 pm
noblepa wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:58 pm
We need some intrepid reporter to find the venue and call and ask those questions.
It’s at the Loraine County Fairgrounds, and FWIW, some prominent Ohio Republicans have said they are NOT attending. :thumbsup:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

A SNL skit exploring Trump mulling over sending covid patients to Gitmo seems appropriate.

But that might take away from the reality, and give him a excuse to deny it.
raison de arizona

Trump's involvement in Wellington rally was a last-minute surprise
:snippity:
There were a handful of holdouts — herself included — that didn't think welcoming Trump was the right decision, but majority ruled.

Waite's concern is the potential for property damage, with an unknown number of people showing up to the fairgrounds. The doors will open at 2 p.m., and the rally will begin at 7 p.m. — that leaves five hours for trouble, Waite said.
Details of the event are starting to emerge, but are still clouded.

Waite did confirm Trump's people are paying the fair a fee to hold the event, but declined to say how much.
Whatever the price tag associated with the rally, it must be paid up front, Waite said. It was unclear late Friday afternoon whether the payment had been received.

Waite said the rally will be held in the fairgrounds parking lot on the west side of the property. A wedding is already scheduled inside the gates — otherwise, all activity will be kept outside.

Rally organizers are providing a generator and portable toilets, and are likely to build their own stage, she said. The Fair Board is not kicking in any money toward those or other costs.

Everything will be set up Friday, and "they say Sunday night you won't know they were ever there," Waite said.

A planning meeting was held Friday with safety forces. Wellington Assistant Fire Chief Bill Brown said many aspects of the rally were still being hashed out, and despite Waite's assertions there was discussion about having the rally at the fairground's grandstand.

The venue seats about 6,000 people. If held in the parking area, Brown said there's no clear restriction on occupancy.
https://chroniclet.com/news/265507/trum ... -surprise/

So sounds like Trump is getting the parking lot :rotflmao:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

covfefe wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:37 am So sounds like Trump is getting the parking lot :rotflmao:
The danger (for him) is that, if he holds it in the parking lot, thinking that there will be 20,000 people showing up, and there are only 5,000, the space will look very empty. If he holds it in the indoor venue, with a capacity of 6,000 and 5,000 show up, it appears to be almost full.

Its all about the optics.

I live about 1/4 mile from the border between Cuyahoga (Cleveland) and Lorain counties. I'm not sure how far the fairgrounds are, but, I'm not going.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

If in the car park
It would be terrible if some car alarms went off when he was speaking.. :popcorn:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:02 am If in the car park
It would be terrible if some car alarms went off when he was speaking.. :popcorn:
:rotflmao:
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:02 am If in the car park
Would it be a car alarm or would it be a bullshit detector? Guess which would be blaring constantly.
Largo al factotum.
tek

Post by tek »

Woah! Near miss

I saw "Wellington" and I thought NO NOT WELLINGTON FLORIDA PLEASE PLEASE
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

From Kendra's post above:

Really? That could be a problem for, say Fox News, OAN, NewsMax....

Oh wait, he just meant one-sided for Democrats? My bad.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (117.04 KiB) Viewed 2445 times
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

TFG making a run for the border...
Statement by Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America
06/21/21

I have accepted the invitation of Texas Governor Greg Abbott to join him on an official visit to our Nation’s decimated Southern Border on Wednesday, June 30, 2021.

The Biden Administration inherited from me the strongest, safest, and most secure border in U.S history and in mere weeks they turned it into the single worst border crisis in U.S history. It’s an unmitigated disaster zone.

We went from detain-and-remove to catch-and-release. We went from having border security that was the envy of the world to a lawless border that is now pitied around the world. Biden and Harris have handed control of our border over to cartels, criminals, and coyotes. Drug dealers, MS-13 gang members, human smugglers, sex traffickers, and the criminal elements of the world now have free reign. Hospitals and schools are getting crushed and public health is being sacrificed all in service of a radical left anti-borders agenda. Our brave border agents and courageous ICE officers have been illegally stopped from doing their jobs. Our Nation is now one giant sanctuary city where even dangerous criminals are being cut loose and set free inside the U.S interior on a daily basis.

If this weren’t bad enough, Biden and Harris won’t even tour the scenes of the wreckage they created, or come down and visit with the Border Patrol and ICE heroes risking their lives to defend our Nation at a time when the White House is doing everything it can to make their job totally impossible.

What Biden and Harris have done, and are continuing to do on our border, is a grave and willful dereliction of duty.

My visit will hopefully shine a spotlight on these crimes against our Nation—and show the incredible people of ICE and Border Patrol that they have our unshakeable support.

Media credentialing information will be provided at a later date.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

In other words, no MSM other than possibly Fox.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

It seems like even Fox is getting weary of his crap these days, maybe a Newsmax/OANN show exclusively?
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

I took a leisurely two hour drive to Sioux Falls yesterday. trump signs galore. Some dating to 2016. It's going to be like the Civil War. One hundred years from now they still won't be admitting that their deity lost the election.
Largo al factotum.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

zekeb wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:10 pm I took a leisurely two hour drive to Sioux Falls yesterday. trump signs galore. Some dating to 2016. It's going to be like the Civil War. One hundred years from now they still won't be admitting that their deity lost the election.
When life imitates Granny from The Beverly Hillbillies.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”