trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Dr. Ken

trump (the former guy, defamer, and rapist - $83M)

Post by Dr. Ken »

"What's a supply chain?"
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

I love Taylor Swift. Here's the evidence that she is a decent, polite, talented, 34 year old woman in a room of complete strangers. She got where she is through damned hard work, and through love. I hate her music, but that's okay. Listen to what she says between the tracks, about her life. I don't disagree with that Irish dude much, but I think she writes her own music. Which, admittedly, is dumb music, but ya can't argue with success.

Trump is making a huge mistake, if'n he wants this year to be Trump v. Swift, or Trump v. Travis, or even Trump v. Pro Football, which could easily happen. That Travis dude is a star. He is handsome AF. He won the heart of a billionaire singer and dancer, with a billion of her fans watching every single minute of the romance. Two billion.

My wife can tell you Taylor's travel plans from Japan to the Superb Owl, if that team from Kansas City wins on Sunday.

And the thing to remember about Taylor is, she's smart as hell. Smarter than Trump and all the people he listens to, put together.

If this election turns into Trump v. Tay Tay, it's gonna be a wonderful circus.
You are what you eat.
Last night I was a chicken quesadilla.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

I love Tiny Desk Concerts because they are so intimate and spontaneous. You get to meet the artist in a way no other venue allows. It is a brilliant concept and I hope it continues.

I am not a Swiftie, and I don't listen to any stations that play her music. But, when I do hear her work, I'm always impressed. She is complicated, thoughtful, and expressive. This video gives evidence to her thought process, and I love it.

We need more Taylors, not more Donalds.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:11 am https://twitter.com/acnewsitics/status/ ... 0107610322

"What's a supply chain?"

THe question is - what is "supply change" - he did not even find the correct term when speaking :cantlook: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

I'm sure it also enrages the maggats and other semi-evolved nutters that Taylor Swift is so girly and blonde and happy, comfortable and successful being so. Exactly the sort of young woman that could be ignored, exploited and sidelined by men thirty or more years ago.

She appears to be a super person and a good one. Go for it Taylor!!
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:18 pm
Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:11 am https://twitter.com/acnewsitics/status/ ... 0107610322

"What's a supply chain?"

THe question is - what is "supply change" - he did not even find the correct term when speaking :cantlook: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
This one time, I'm giving the OSG the benefit of the doubt. He said "supply chains." Of course, the term was quite familiar to me as an electrical engineer, but when exactly did it enter the national lexicon?

2020, when the shitfaced gibbon was still in office.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Google's Ngram Viewer shows when 'supply chain' came to be used. It looks like it was in common use before 2000. If the date range is restricted to 1990, you can see when 'supply chain' overtook similar phrases like 'chain of supply' and 'supply channel' by the early 1980s. 'supply channel', which might be a slightly different concept, was used starting in the mid-1800s.
Screen Shot 2024-02-06 at 11.00.09 AM.png
Screen Shot 2024-02-06 at 11.00.09 AM.png (204.19 KiB) Viewed 777 times
Screen Shot 2024-02-06 at 10.59.20 AM.png
Screen Shot 2024-02-06 at 10.59.20 AM.png (241.16 KiB) Viewed 777 times
ETA link to Google Ngram Viewer: https://books.google.com/ngrams/
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Oh, how the worm has turned. Later in this interview tfg mistakenly calls Dan Bongino "Joe". :lol:
Biden-Harris HQ @BidenHQ wrote: Left: Trump in 2018 saying the only way to properly address the border is with a bill from Congress

Right: Trump yesterday saying we “don’t need a border bill” in Congress
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Off Topic
Foggy wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:26 am I love Taylor Swift. Here's the evidence that she is a decent, polite, talented, 34 year old woman in a room of complete strangers. She got where she is through damned hard work, and through love. I hate her music, but that's okay. Listen to what she says between the tracks, about her life. I don't disagree with that Irish dude much, but I think she writes her own music. Which, admittedly, is dumb music, but ya can't argue with success.
:snippity:
I kind of like her music, as pop music goes, but Folklore is just a damn good album, IMO. Yes, she writes or co-writes all of her own music. Several of her co-writers have talked about the process and think she's one of the best songwriters on the planet. There are videos. It's so well documented that I don't understand how it's even a question.

Other than that, all signs point to her being a nice person that's never let all this fame and fortune go to her head too much. Remember she was only 16 when her first album came out and was only 20 when she won her first album of the year, so you might expect her to get a little wild and demanding, yet you never really hear anything about that. You'd think somebody would have talked in the last 18 years if she was a raging jerk all the time. Instead you learn that she's been quietly donating larges sums of money to food banks wherever she has a concert, or sends money to help when some town has been devastated by a storm and randomly drops in on unsuspecting fans when she gets wind they're having a special day. SHE has never said a single thing about it though. Considering the fact that she lives her life under a microscope, that all of her relationships and breakups are inescapably public and that she's had more stalkers than all the horror movies combined, she seems surprisingly well adjusted.

As for her 4th Album of the Year award, good for her. Personally, I think Miley's "Endless Summer Vacation" was the better album of the two by a small margin but I won't quibble. (I also think Miley has a more versatile and talented voice, but that's another topic by itself.)

Oh, and as for all the bitching about her carbon footprint from flying on a personal jet, can you imagine the pandemonium it would cause and the security required if she tried to fly commercial? Give me a break.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
raison de arizona

Whatta maroon. He really is the slimiest.
Republicans against Trump @RpsAgainstTrump wrote: Donald Trump:

"Take a look at Harry Truman. He wouldn't have done it. If you think Hiro-shima...He wouldn't be doing it. He said I don't want to do that because my opponents will indict me. You have to give a president full and total immunity."🤡
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:41 pm
Off Topic
Foggy wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:26 am I love Taylor Swift. Here's the evidence that she is a decent, polite, talented, 34 year old woman in a room of complete strangers. She got where she is through damned hard work, and through love. I hate her music, but that's okay. Listen to what she says between the tracks, about her life. I don't disagree with that Irish dude much, but I think she writes her own music. Which, admittedly, is dumb music, but ya can't argue with success.
I kind of like her music, as pop music goes, but Folklore is just a damn good album, IMO. Yes, she writes or co-writes all of her own music. Several of her co-writers have talked about the process and think she's one of the best songwriters on the planet. There are videos. It's so well documented that I don't understand how it's even a question.

Other than that, all signs point to her being a nice person that's never let all this fame and fortune go to her head too much. Remember she was only 16 when her first album came out and was only 20 when she won her first album of the year, so you might expect her to get a little wild and demanding, yet you never really hear anything about that. You'd think somebody would have talked in the last 18 years if she was a raging jerk all the time. Instead you learn that she's been quietly donating larges sums of money to food banks wherever she has a concert, or sends money to help when some town has been devastated by a storm and randomly drops in on unsuspecting fans when she gets wind they're having a special day. SHE has never said a single thing about it though. Considering the fact that she lives her life under a microscope, that all of her relationships and breakups are inescapably public and that she's had more stalkers than all the horror movies combined, she seems surprisingly well adjusted.

As for her 4th Album of the Year award, good for her. Personally, I think Miley's "Endless Summer Vacation" was the better album of the two by a small margin but I won't quibble. (I also think Miley has a more versatile and talented voice, but that's another topic by itself.)

Oh, and as for all the bitching about her carbon footprint from flying on a personal jet, can you imagine the pandemonium it would cause and the security required if she tried to fly commercial? Give me a break.
What dumbass republican accused her of not writing her own songs?
W. Kevin Vicklund

I was just starting my career when the phrase "supply chain" started being used extensively in automotive manufacturing, followed quickly by other sectors (previously it was mostly used in military parlance). There was a major uptick in usage in 2020, lasting into 2023, none of which is captured by ngrams.
W. Kevin Vicklund

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:45 pm
Off Topic

Suranis (though if he's a Republican, it's a different type)
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona

Off Topic
The question of whether Swift writes her own songs has been endlessly litigated. Well, I guess there has been an end. There are "behind the scenes" videos, notes, rough drafts of songs, etc. in such amounts that there really is no question that she writes her songs. Sometimes alone, sometimes in collaboration with others.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:50 pm
Off Topic

Yeah, I wasn't trying to pick on Suranis, but I think he's wrong. There's been speculation for a long time by people who don't like her for one reason or another that she doesn't write her own songs. As far as I know there's never been a shred of credible proof and tons of evidence to the contrary. I once saw a comment that really summed it up well. Nearly all the songs she writes are about her life. Who, exactly, is more qualified than her to come up with the ideas and lyrics for these songs?
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
much ado

Post by much ado »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:50 pm
Suranis' post seemed to be in response to my earlier post.

I think that, because of the media hype, etc., surrounding Taylor Swift, Suranis disbelieves that she wrote/writes her own songs. It's just part of the marketing of Taylor Swift, hence, not to be believed. I could be wrong that that is his motivation.

I have been aware of her for a long time. She has always seemed to me to be a genuinely intelligent creative young woman. I don't follow her music. She does not write songs for the 70+ male market. But I have paid attention.

One of the things that impressed me is that there was a viral YT mocking one of her songs. Her response was that she thought it was funny. She has a robust ego.

ETA screaming goat viral video followed by Taylor Swift in concert at the BRIT Awards 2013...
► Show Spoiler
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:00 pm
:rimshot:
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:11 am

"What's a supply chain?"
Did he say: "supply chang?"
raison de arizona

I hear "supply change" fwiw.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

much ado wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:13 pm Google's Ngram Viewer shows when 'supply chain' came to be used. It looks like it was in common use before 2000. If the date range is restricted to 1990, you can see when 'supply chain' overtook similar phrases like 'chain of supply' and 'supply channel' by the early 1980s. 'supply channel', which might be a slightly different concept, was used starting in the mid-1800s.

IIRC the term came into use with the Japanese invention of just-in-time production where a stable supply chain was mandatory replacing in-house stock at the manufacturing plant.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Hish denturesh were loosh.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
W. Kevin Vicklund

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:39 pm
much ado wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:13 pm Google's Ngram Viewer shows when 'supply chain' came to be used. It looks like it was in common use before 2000. If the date range is restricted to 1990, you can see when 'supply chain' overtook similar phrases like 'chain of supply' and 'supply channel' by the early 1980s. 'supply channel', which might be a slightly different concept, was used starting in the mid-1800s.

IIRC the term came into use with the Japanese invention of just-in-time production where a stable supply chain was mandatory replacing in-house stock at the manufacturing plant.
Yep, as an intern in the 90's (5 summers) and a young engineer until just after 9/11, I worked in the Automotive/Industrial division at a major A/E firm. Toyota was one of the accounts I worked on, where I was introduced to the concept. By the time I was laid off, all the US firms had shifted over as well (I worked on accounts with all of the Big 3). We had meetings just to learn all the new jargon.
raison de arizona

On Bud Light:
► Show Spoiler
On presidential immunity:
► Show Spoiler
On the border:
► Show Spoiler
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:33 am :snippity:
On the border:

IMG_7325.png
Yeah - Teh Donald speaks magick, like when declassifying secrets. Fun fact: there are treaties to be taken into account when closing the border. Also too, where will he get all the avocados from when not from Mexico. Also too, how does he think he locks down those holes in his magnificient deficient border wall? He needs the change of laws to set up further barriers pay for extra positions in Border Patrol (those that would be in the current draft). Where will he steal from the Congress approved budget to redirect to build the Chinese Wall in the South?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”