Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Am I misremembering or did Trump undergo a colonoscopy without anesthesia just so he wouldn’t have to put Pence in charge? What if some horrible situation had occurred while he’s lying on his belly in the procedure room with a scope up his ass?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:43 am Am I misremembering or did Trump undergo a colonoscopy without anesthesia just so he wouldn’t have to put Pence in charge? What if some horrible situation had occurred while he’s lying on his belly in the procedure room with a scope up his ass?
The more interesting thing is that he desperately tried to hide the fact that he had a Colonoscopy in the first Place. Once it came out that he had one, THEN the story came out that he manfully forwent the Anesthetic like a true tough guy, in a book by his former press secretary, Stephanie Grisham. After all W Bush went under anesthetic for HIS Colonoscopy in 2007.

I mean refusing to transfer power is the petty thing that TFG would do, but I cant see him actually refusing an Anesthetic for anything.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/10/0 ... opy-515444

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-refused-an ... 24330.html
Hic sunt dracones
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

I'll bet he had a local rather than a general.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

The usual anesthetic used for a colonoscopy, propofol, isn’t a true general. It tends to sedate you and wipe your memory rather than knock you completely out. For that reason, it’s considered safer than a true general anesthetic. Still, any anesthetic has its risks.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

And remember how cagey he and the doctors were when he had Covid? Transparency!
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:27 pm The usual anesthetic used for a colonoscopy, propofol, isn’t a true general. It tends to sedate you and wipe your memory rather than knock you completely out. For that reason, it’s considered safer than a true general anesthetic. Still, any anesthetic has its risks.
They poke you and then tell you, all done. It's a weird thing. In my mind, it would be appropriate to do the temporary transfer of power so that if something happens that needs immediate attention during that hour, it can be handled by somebody who actually remembered what he did (oh wait, Trump doesn't remember what he did most of them anyway).

Fox realizes that their viewers won't question what Fox tells them so whether the Trump admin did the same is none of their concern.
101010 :towel:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Sorry to carry this more off-topic but if I were a betting woman, I'd guess trump had the usual propofol but hands were greased, or thumbs were threatened, not to leak. Not that the medical community could comment on such a procedure anyway. So who's going to call him a liar when he says he did it without anesthetic so Pence wouldn't be put in charge?

And, yes, I realize I"m the one who brought up the whole "no anesthetic" thing but I don't believe for a minute that's how it went down. That's just the spin.

ImageImageImage x4
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:28 pm Sorry to carry this more off-topic but if I were a betting woman, I'd guess trump had the usual propofol but hands were greased, or thumbs were threatened, not to leak. Not that the medical community could comment on such a procedure anyway. So who's going to call him a liar when he says he did it without anesthetic so Pence wouldn't be put in charge?

And, yes, I realize I"m the one who brought up the whole "no anesthetic" thing but I don't believe for a minute that's how it went down. That's just the spin.
I don't believe it was a colonoscopy period....

They don't rush you on a Saturday to Walter Reed for one...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:40 am OK, I do get that this kerfuffle over Defense Secretary Austin is a big news deal until it's sorted out, but Fox is digging in big time over it and the LACK OF TRANSPARENCY!! I mean, I don't recall any drama and hysterics over all the lack of transparency in tfg's admin. None.
I seem to remember a case when he obviously was unwell, declared to be 150% well only to be carted off to Walter Reed later on.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:24 pm
Kendra wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:40 am OK, I do get that this kerfuffle over Defense Secretary Austin is a big news deal until it's sorted out, but Fox is digging in big time over it and the LACK OF TRANSPARENCY!! I mean, I don't recall any drama and hysterics over all the lack of transparency in tfg's admin. None.
I seem to remember a case when he obviously was unwell, declared to be 150% well only to be carted off to Walter Reed later on.
Yes, see post right above yours. There was something up and why he was rushed to Walter Reed on a weekend. Transparency!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Going into a hospital is one thing. Ending up in ICU is a whole different animal, and not planned for or expected in the same way. There's a lot of fear and drama, which wouldn't necessarily lead to clear thinking.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

From the These People Must Be Watching A Different Hearing department... :explode:
Acyn @Acyn wrote: “I thought the three-judge panel was somewhat skeptical of the DOJ's arguments. You could tell they were concerned about precedent that they would set if they said a president is not immune from prosecution for acts conducted during office.”[/qquote]
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

It's all the DEI stuff.
https://twitter.com/JesseKellyDC/status ... 02843?s=20
Jesse Kelly @JesseKellyDC wrote: I’ve had MULTIPLE commercial airline pilots confide in me that they will not fly with their families anymore after seeing the DEI hiring of the airlines.

Mark my words, people are gonna die. And when it happens, The System will move heaven and earth to protect the DEI hires.
Hotshot - Movie @Hotshot_Movie wrote: @JesseKellyDC about a year ago said “we are soon gonna see planes fall out of the sky because of this DEI stuff” after reading an email from a pilot.

I’ll never forget that episode.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Aaron Rupar @atrupar wrote: Jesse Watters’s show is like Tucker Carlson’s if Carlson went live on air immediately after shotgunning a couple beers and suffering a concussion
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Right now, Fox is suggesting that Taylor Swift is a psyop because she posted a link to register voters.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:12 am https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1744899283562693116
Aaron Rupar @atrupar wrote: Jesse Watters’s show is like Tucker Carlson’s if Carlson went live on air immediately after shotgunning a couple beers and suffering a concussion
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Right now, Fox is suggesting that Taylor Swift is a psyop because she posted a link to register voters.
Speaking more to the failures of the Republican party who are unable to leverage further celebrities to sign up for the Golden Ass persuade youngsters that their future lies with this FL mansion owner :twisted:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

OMG I am such a Swiftie, and I really don't like her music. I'm some kinda proto-Swiftie! Haaalp!

Can you even imagine, when she and that tight end decide to be a force for democracy? :shock:
You are what you eat.
Last night I was a chicken quesadilla.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Foggy wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:37 am OMG I am such a Swiftie, and I really don't like her music. I'm some kinda proto-Swiftie! Haaalp!

Can you even imagine, when she and that tight end decide to be a force for democracy? :shock:
I'm waiting for her ultimate boss power-move of buying MaL.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Foggy wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:37 am OMG I am such a Swiftie, and I really don't like her music. I'm some kinda proto-Swiftie! Haaalp!

I think I see what you did there. :fingerwag:
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, but I think they could decide they don't need to be richer, they need to save democracy. Kelce is pro-vax. She's telling Gen Zs to register and vote. They could be the leaders of a movement. And the reason I think up such weird stuff is, we need all the help we can get.

Trump really is going to be the Republican nominee for president.

And lots of people think Biden is too old.

I'm starting to worry. :cantlook:
You are what you eat.
Last night I was a chicken quesadilla.
raison de arizona

An example of what I like to call The Dominion Effect.
Aaron Rupar @atrupar wrote: Fox News host Martha MacCallum corrects Rep. Pat Fallon after he claims Hunter Biden was "involved in sex trafficking"
raison de arizona

Terribly irresponsible.
Decoding Fox News @DecodingFoxNews wrote: Both Dana Perino and Greg Gutfeld implied that the Alaska Airlines accident was caused by DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) policies. The problem was with the airplane. Neither of them have proof of anything. Companies have made shoddy equipment for decades before DEI existed
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:52 pm Terribly irresponsible.
Decoding Fox News @DecodingFoxNews wrote: Both Dana Perino and Greg Gutfeld implied that the Alaska Airlines accident was caused by DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) policies. The problem was with the airplane. Neither of them have proof of anything. Companies have made shoddy equipment for decades before DEI existed
Airlines and the FAA have warned against holding babies on a plane for as long as I can remember, at least 50 years. How dare the FAA renew their warning. Tranny!! Its all Biden's fault.

Yet, if the FAA were to ban the practice and require that parents use a child-seat that can be buckled into the airplane's seat belt, thus requiring even the youngest to have a ticket, the screams of "Government overreach", "Tyranny", "Fascism" and all the other epithets would be deafening.
raison de arizona

Morons.
Aaron Rupar @atrupar wrote: Larry Kudlow says global warming is "a hoax" because it's very cold in Iowa right now
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Lindsay graham used to bring snowballs into the Senate to prove it was a hoax.
Hic sunt dracones
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:13 pm Morons.
Aaron Rupar @atrupar wrote: Larry Kudlow says global warming is "a hoax" because it's very cold in Iowa right now
No intelligent, educated person still refers to it as "global warming". The correct term is "Climate change".

This also illustrates a (probably willful) ignorance of the difference between weather and climate.

Climate change theory includes an explanation for especially cold winters. That's one reason that the previous term was abandoned.

One thing I learned about scientific theory a long time ago is that you can't use a feature of a theory to disprove that theory. IOW, if a theory predicts and expains an observed phenomenon, that does NOT disprove the theory. If a theory precludes an observed phenomenon, then THAT disproves the theory, or at least requires that the theory be revised to take that into account.

Return to “Current Politics”