Rudy Giuliani

These people suck. They are bad people.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Rudy Giuliani

Post by raison de arizona »

Once upon a long, long time ago...
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
NewMexGirl

Rudy Giuliani

Post by NewMexGirl »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:19 pm Once upon a long, long time ago...
► Show Spoiler
Ya know what? If you lived in NYC during Rudy’s Reign of Terror, he was hated with a purple passion by all who had an ounce of liberal blood coursing through their veins. That did not change with 9/11.
Dr. Caligari

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Maybenaut wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:37 pm Assuming there’s a judgment, Giuliani will either have to pay it or post an appeal bond. Either way, he’s ruined financially, assuming a large judgment.
No, he can refuse to pay and let the plaintiffs chase his assets.
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
much ado

Rudy Giuliani

Post by much ado »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:25 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:37 pm Assuming there’s a judgment, Giuliani will either have to pay it or post an appeal bond. Either way, he’s ruined financially, assuming a large judgment.
Can the court place a lien on assets?
Dr. Caligari

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Dr. Caligari »

much ado wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:30 pm
Can the court place a lien on assets?
The plaintiffs can place liens on any assets they find. Others may have already put liens on the major assets, however, and (unless Rudy files for bankruptcy) liens usually get paid off in order of filing.
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
raison de arizona

Rudy Giuliani

Acyn @Acyn wrote: Giuliani: The absurdity of the number underscores the absurdity of the entire proceedings. I am quite confident when this case gets before a fair tribunal, it'll be reversed so quickly, it'll make your head spin.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Rudy Giuliani

Still shilling.
Lauren Windsor @lawindsor wrote: EXCLUSIVE: Outside of the Prettyman Courthouse, I asked Rudy Giuliani why as "America's Mayor" he's willing to risk it all for Donald Trump, and what Trump is doing for him in return.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Rudy Giuliani

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

I love Smackdown Friday!
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Maybenaut »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:25 pm
Perhaps, but there’s no universe in which he gets to keep his assets. Either the plaintiffs get them or they’ll go to whomever has superior liens. My point is that he’s financially ruined no matter what happens.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Kendra

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Kendra »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:46 pm I love Smackdown Friday!
Yes! A gift that will keep on giving! I imagine Fani Willis and team are storing his comments for the future. Does anyone know if the two gentlemen on both sides of Rudy are attorney's or security? They did look too enthusiastic over comments roodles was making.

CNN just had attorney Ryan Goodman and John Avlon on. I hope we see more of Avlon in the next couple of days, once upon a time he worked for Rudy as I think a speechwriter (or similar). His comments and perspective are appreciated by me.
Fiascoist

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Fiascoist »

2 quick points which may be applicable here.
1. From my olden days of state appeals, the cost of the bond was the same as the judgment amount unless it was a cost bond. Only by putting up all the money would a stay be imposed on collection.
2. Bankruptcy (Chapter 7) is pretty useless here except to grant him a few months of breathing room while not having control over his remaining assets since intentional torts are not dischargeable, well, middle income people's intentional torts are not, but I am positive rich people's, like Roodles, are. And a 13, a reorganization, would never get approved...oh, and he loses control there, too. And there are no separate exemptions for alcohol or cigars, but hair dye would gounder personal needs.
much ado

Rudy Giuliani

Post by much ado »

I have many questions. But I guess what I really want to know is this...

How long will it be until Rudy actually feels the impact of this judgement? When will he actually be required to give up, in any fashion, his assets? When will he become significantly poorer? Will it be weeks, months, years? Any guess?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Rudy Giuliani

Post by neonzx »

much ado wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:39 am I have many questions. But I guess what I really want to know is this...

How long will it be until Rudy actually feels the impact of this judgement? When will he actually be required to give up, in any fashion, his assets? When will he become significantly poorer? Will it be weeks, months, years? Any guess?
IANAL, but Rudy is f*cked here times over. How long with the system of process and appeals I am not sure.

We are dealing with tfg and you all see how long this is taking.

Rudy is small fish..
MN-Skeptic

Rudy Giuliani

Post by MN-Skeptic »

:thumbsup:

https://x.com/ShawnReynolds_/status/1735778484717297875
Shawn Reynolds
@ShawnReynolds_

BTW, Kate McKinnnon, who does a Giuliani impression, hosts @nbcsnl
this weekend. I bet the writers are reworking the cold open right now.
Sam the Centipede

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Obviously Trump won't do anything to help Giuliani.

But I expect other rich assholes will move to provide Giuliani with free accommodation, travel, etc. No siezable cash or property that might be caught by liens, but free use of a nice apartment, use of a car, prepaid air tickets? That's not a problem, is it? Lawfolk can explain if there are complications.

One lesson of life is that rich assholes usually succeed in maintaining a rich asshole's lifestyle after what should be crippling judgements against them.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Luke »

For the holidays, Git brought back Randy Rainbow's "Rudy the Leaky Lawyer" :lol:

Ho ho ho!

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
jemcanada2

Rudy Giuliani

Post by jemcanada2 »

Orlylicious! I was getting worried about you too! Glad to see you posting. :bighug: :bighug:
Estiveo
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Estiveo »

Compare and contrast.
GBcyHvuaQAAQN3o.jpeg
GBcyHvuaQAAQN3o.jpeg (222.6 KiB) Viewed 31387 times
GBd3GapWAAAidtq.jpeg
GBd3GapWAAAidtq.jpeg (112.74 KiB) Viewed 31387 times
Image Image Image Image
NewMexGirl

Rudy Giuliani

Post by NewMexGirl »

jemcanada2 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:12 am Orlylicious! I was getting worried about you too! Glad to see you posting. :bighug: :bighug:
Me, too!
NewMexGirl

Rudy Giuliani

Post by NewMexGirl »

much ado wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:39 am I have many questions. But I guess what I really want to know is this...

I noticed that he arrived at the courthouse via limo two days in a row. As with so many rich and corrupt people, he’ll go on living large for quite some time. That being said, Rudes is singularly lacking in charm and that will shorten his grace period.

Blackmailing former political and business associates will be an option for him, though, you betcha.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Slim Cognito »

Estiveo wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:22 am Compare and contrast.
GBcyHvuaQAAQN3o.jpeg
GBd3GapWAAAidtq.jpeg
That haircut is on purpose?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
W. Kevin Vicklund

Rudy Giuliani

Is that like an inverse mullet?
W. Kevin Vicklund

Rudy Giuliani

Oh wait, I know! It's the neo-Nazi mullet: Business in the front, pogrom in the back.
Estiveo
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Estiveo »

People are calling him Merkin Man.
Image Image Image Image
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Slim Cognito »

change approved.png
change approved.png (39.68 KiB) Viewed 31310 times
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”