trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
jemcanada2

trump (the former guy, defamer, and rapist)

Post by jemcanada2 »

Where did this Mexico was going to pay for a piece of the wall come from? Tfg said Mexico was going to pay for the wall, not just a piece of it. :liar: :liar: :liar:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Ok. I'M ALREADY DEAD! I'M GLUE! STOP HITTING MEEEEE!! :bag: :oldman:
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

jemcanada2 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:41 pm Where did this Mexico was going to pay for a piece of the wall come from? Tfg said Mexico was going to pay for the wall, not just a piece of it. :liar: :liar: :liar:
Ya, he cant stop lying. He has to minimize the total failure of his grand promise by saying "oh I said a PIECE of the wall. Ha. Ha."

Naturally its there to make people talk about him by pointing out that he did say it, so here is a piece about As mecican President Vincente Fox saying "Mexico still isn't going to pay "for that f*****g wall."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mexico-sti ... dent-says/
Former Mexican President Vicente Fox "absolutely" stands by what he famously said a couple of years back-- that Mexico is not going to pay "for that f*****g wall" that President Trump frequently touts as the solution to illegal immigration. Fox's indignation about footing the bill for the wall emanates from Mr. Trump's equally frequent claims that that Mexico will pay for it.

He was asked by CBS News' Major Garrett on "The Takeout" podcast whether his sentiment about the wall still stands.

"Absolutely, yes, because it had to be expressed," Fox said, explaining that it's a feeling "when you're offended, when your dignity is pisoteada (trampled), when all Mexicans have been offended that way, but more so because it's not the answer to the problem of migration."

Fox originally sounded off on Mr. Trump's wall proposal during an interview with Fusion's Jorge Ramos in February 2016.

"I'm not gonna pay for that f*****g wall. He should pay for it. He's got the money," Fox said in the interview, referring to Mr. Trump.
Hic sunt dracones
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Trump Forgot Which City He Was In And Had To Be Corrected On Stage At Rally
After Donald Trump addressed 'Sioux Falls' at his Sioux City rally, he had to be corrected on stage by a local elected official.

https://secondnexus.com/trump-rally-for ... inkprogram
A frequent Republican complaint—and source of mockery—about Democratic President Joe Biden centers on his age and a supposed cognitive decline. Former GOP President Donald Trump often makes fun of Biden with nicknames like "sleepy Joe."

While Biden is 80-years-old, Trump isn't far behind at 77. By contrast, progressive Vermont independent Senator Bernie Sanders is older than both men at 82.

On Sunday it wasn't Biden or Sanders who seemed a bit lost, though.

Trump either forgot or never knew where he was during a MAGA rally in Sioux City, Iowa that was part of his 2024 presidential campaign.

Trump told his gathered fans:

“Hello to a place where we’ve done very well, Sioux Falls. Thank you very much.”

:snippity:

Sioux City—where Trump actually was—is in western Iowa on the border with neighboring Nebraska to the west and South Dakota to the north. Sioux Falls is over an hour north via Interstate 29 in South Dakota.

Iowa GOP state Senator Bradley Zaun addressed the crowd after Trump. As Zaun was leaving the stage he whispered the name of the city Trump was in to the former Republican President who could be heard saying "Oh...."

Once he retuned to the microphone, Trump didn't acknowledge or apologize for his mistake.

Instead the former President—who has bragged about passing a cognitive competence exam—said:

"So, Sioux City, let me ask you, how many people come from Sioux City, how many people? How many?"
"Who doesn’t come from Sioux City? Where the hell do you come from?"

People were unsurprised Trump misspoke then tried to glos over his error.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

He just really doesn't care where he is holding his rallies. They are just there to be grifted.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Suranis wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:26 am :snippity:
Actually saying a something one letter off a very obscure and archaic racist term is not Trumps style. Its too subtle for him and would require research. He wants stuff that wont go over the head of his audience, and I bet most of the people here have never heard the J word before any more than I have.

:snippity:
It wouldn't be obscure or archaic for him, as the slur was very much used in the years he was growing up physically...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

neonzx wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:06 am :snippity:
Agreed. But only of those of us USA persons above a certain age. It is dated slur, but I know it.
Not in my part of the SE Us....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I can't remember where I heard it, but I did when I was growing up. It may have been in reading, though. I don't think I heard it from anyone in the family (certainly not immediate family), but I had an uncle who was terribly racist, and it could certainly have come from him. He used to say that Blacks weren't human because they had a bone in their feet that was different. He was always my least favorite uncle. I learned fairly early to stay away from him.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

The J word was certainly heard when I was growing up, and afterwards.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

jemcanada2 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:41 pm Where did this Mexico was going to pay for a piece of the wall come from? Tfg said Mexico was going to pay for the wall, not just a piece of it. :liar: :liar: :liar:
Trump’s pledge that Mexico would pay for the whole wall, period, was one of the staples of his raucous campaign rallies in 2015 and 2016. The pledge often involved a call-and-response exchange in which Trump would promise to build the wall and ask the crowd who was going to pay for it; the crowd would shout “Mexico!” and Trump would tell them they were correct.

“We will build the wall, believe me. And who is going to pay for the wall?” Trump asked in a March 2016 rally speech in Michigan; after the crowd shouted “Mexico,” Trump said, “100%, folks. One hundred – I don’t mean like…99.2%, I mean 100%.” He scoffed at “lightweights” who said he couldn’t get Mexico to pay for the wall, repeating, “I said 100% – not 99%. I said 100%.”

Trump made similar remarks at numerous other events during the Republican presidential primary in 2015 and early 2016 and during the general election later in 2016.

For example, he said in a speech in Massachusetts in November 2015: “So we’re gonna build the wall. It’s gonna be a great wall, and it’s gonna be paid for by Mexico. Believe me – 100%, 100%. We’re not paying for it. Mexico is paying for it. Believe me.” He said in a speech in Florida in August 2016: “We’re gonna build the wall and Mexico is going to pay for the wall, 100%.”

Even when Trump tweaked his rhetoric at one point late in the campaign, claiming that Mexico would reimburse the US for the wall, he declared it would be a complete reimbursement. He said in a speech in Pennsylvania in October 2016: “Remember, I said Mexico is paying for the wall – with the full understanding that the country of Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such a wall. OK? We’re gonna have the wall. Mexico is gonna pay for the wall.”
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:32 pm He just really doesn't care where he is holding his rallies. They are just there to be grifted.
It ain't important where you are, as long as the merch table gets set up.

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Those people are slow learners. They haven't learned yet that when he says, "Believe me," he's lying.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:35 pm Those people are slow learners. They haven't learned yet that when he says, (insert anything here. Anything, try it.)" Believe me,"he's lying.
FIFY

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I got a big kick out of fuckhead mumbling through "a piece of" the wall. And then saying it was never going to happen and anyone who thought so was a fool.

In general (and for forty years) I have turned off the sound whenever this monster has appeared on my tv. But this I enjoyed listening to.

As my sainted mother would have said, "Pathetic."
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Gregg wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:42 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:35 pm Those people are slow learners. They haven't learned yet that when he says, (insert anything here. Anything, try it.)" Believe me,"he's lying.
FIFY
Change approved!
much ado

Post by much ado »

Gregg wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:07 am :snippity:

Your "didn't grow up in America" is showing if you didn't know both the word and exactly what kind of slur it was.
It's one of those words that in my lifetime a deep south television presenter could say on air without any irony at all in an end of the news editorial in support of the Governor and his "Segregation now, Segregation forever!" Speech.

I knew the word when I was 6, knew it was an insult when I was 9 but didn't get to "word you don't ever use" until at least college and still hear it sometimes from people who think I'll get it when they look around furtively before they whisper it.
I would have posted this earlier today, but I was traveling.

The slur was very well-known fifty years ago.

The song Colored Spade from the musical Hair (1967)...
Colored Spade

I'm a colored spade
A negro, a black n1gger
[Note: N-word is in the original lyrics]
A jungle bunny, Jigaboo coon
Pickaninny mau mau

Uncle Tom, Aunt Jemima
Little Black Sambo
Cotton pickin'
Swamp guinea
Junk man
Shoeshine boy

Elevator operator
Table cleaner at Horn and Hardart
Slave voodoo, zombie
Ubangi lipped

Flat nose, tap dancin'
Resident of Harlem

And president of
The United States of Love
President of
The United States of Love

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I do understand how people from Europe would have never heard it.

Alabama doesn't send their best and all... :bag:

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Gregg wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:07 am I would have posted this earlier today, but I was traveling.

Ah yes, my great introduction to the wide range of black slurs. I knew quite a few of them (including the one under discussion) but some surprised me when I saw the movie. I'd always thought Sambo was a character in a kids book and a pancake restaurant. Until I heard that song I didn't know it also had a other meaning...
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Sambo? That's Dublin slang for Sandwich. :mrgreen:
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Suranis wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:16 pm Sambo? That's Dublin slang for Sandwich. :mrgreen:
Sambo is another on and has a story behind it.

I dunnu the origin but "Little Black Sambo" is a folk story and was even a children's book in the school library when I was in elementary school.

When I was growing up there was also a coffee shop chain called "Sambo's" that is so much like Denny's that I often wonder if they changed the name and it is the same place. The sign is even almost identical. Wiki says the name comes from the children's book as well as the names of the founders...

Though the name was taken from portions of the names of its two founders, the chain also associated with The Story of Little Black Sambo.

Anywho, the Restuarant eventually went away or changed their name but there is still at least one location in California somewhere,

Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:14 pm
Gregg wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:07 am I would have posted this earlier today, but I was traveling.

Ah yes, my great introduction to the wide range of black slurs. I knew quite a few of them (including the one under discussion) but some surprised me when I saw the movie. I'd always thought Sambo was a character in a kids book and a pancake restaurant. Until I heard that song I didn't know it also had a other meaning...
It is - the 1899 kid's book: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Story ... lack_Sambo
Sambo is a South Indian boy who lives with his father and mother, named Black Jumbo and Black Mumbo respectively.
and Yes, "sambo's" was a restaurant which was a portmanteau of the owner's nick names.
Lil' Sambo's was a restaurant founded in 1957 in Lincoln City, Oregon named after the fictional character.[21] It operated for 65 years as a popular spot in the community with many novelty merchandise items for sale. It closed in 2022 with the aging of the owners.[22]

Sambo's was a popular U.S. restaurant chain of the 1950s through 1970s that borrowed characters from the book (including Sambo and the tigers) for promotional purposes, although the Sambo name was originally a blend of the founders' names and nicknames: Sam (Sam Battistone) and Bo (Newell Bohnett).
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
somerset

Post by somerset »

Gregg wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:30 pm

Anywho, the Restuarant eventually went away or changed their name but there is still at least one location in California somewhere,
My Grambo, from Memphis, used to take me there a lot when I was a wee lad (we lived in Los Angeles). It was also many years later than I learned that the big nuts she always called "N toes" are actually called Brazil nuts. Love my Southern heritage, but there are parts of it I'd rather leave behind.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

somerset wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:40 pm My Grambo, from Memphis, used to take me there a lot when I was a wee lad (we lived in Los Angeles). It was also many years later than I learned that the big nuts she always called "N toes" are actually called Brazil nuts. Love my Southern heritage, but there are parts of it I'd rather leave behind.
SAME. And I expressed my disapproval when I was 8-9 once I realized. This was not south but NE Ohio.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Just so people believe me, this is an article entitled "A weekly round up of some of Dublin's best sambos."

https://lovindublin.com/sandwiches/a-we ... est-sambos
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

neonzx wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:47 pm
somerset wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:40 pm My Grambo, from Memphis, used to take me there a lot when I was a wee lad (we lived in Los Angeles). It was also many years later than I learned that the big nuts she always called "N toes" are actually called Brazil nuts. Love my Southern heritage, but there are parts of it I'd rather leave behind.
SAME. And I expressed my disapproval when I was 8-9 once I realized. This was not south but NE Ohio.
Me too, I remember them in a pickle jug with a handwritten label on the counter at Tacket's in Downtown Argillite with a couple of nutcrackers next to the jug in a Mason Jar.

Also the only time I ever saw a Mason Jar not being used for what any good American knows Mason Jars were created for.

Moonshine

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”