Rest In Peace

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Rest In Peace

Post by RTH10260 »

earlier this year
William Jason Morgan (October 10, 1935 – July 31, 2023) was an American geophysicist who made seminal contributions to the theory of plate tectonics and geodynamics. He retired as the Knox Taylor Professor emeritus of geology and professor of geosciences at Princeton University.[2] He served as a visiting scholar in the Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences at Harvard University until his death.

:snippity:

"The theory of plate tectonics he published in 1968 is one of the major milestones of U.S. science in the 20th century," F. A. Dahlen, chair of the Princeton Department of Geosciences, wrote in 2003.[4]

"Essentially all of the research in solid-earth geophysical sciences in the past 30 to 35 years has been firmly grounded upon Jason Morgan's plate tectonic theory," Dahlen said. "The scientific careers of a generation of geologists and geophysicists have been founded upon his landmark 1968 paper."[5]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._Jason_Morgan
Estiveo
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by Estiveo »

Richard Roundtree, 81, bad motherf(shut your mouth!)

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/24/entertai ... index.html
Image Image Image Image
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Rest In Peace

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Shaft. :crying:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Rest In Peace

Post by bill_g »

poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Rest In Peace

Post by poplove »

Richard Moll, Bull the Bailiff on 'Night Court,' Dies at 80
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by Slim Cognito »

Awwww! I always liked Bull. He also had a small part in House (1985). It was a fun horror movie. It starts out scary but turns into a comedy. He played the ghost of a soldier killed in Vietnam.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
sad-cafe

Rest In Peace

Post by sad-cafe »

https://www.etonline.com/matthew-perry- ... ort-213834

By Jackie Willis
Published: 5:33 PM PDT, October 28, 2023
The actor was reportedly found dead on Saturday after an apparent drowning.
Matthew Perry, best known for his role on the sitcom Friends, has died, TMZ is reporting. He was 54.

According to the website who spoke to law enforcement, Perry was found dead at a house in Los Angeles, California.

Perry played Chandler Bing on the hit '90s sitcom Friends, which also starred Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow, Courteney Cox, Matt LeBlanc and David Schwimmer, for 10 seasons. His acting credits also include Aaron Sorkin's Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and the romantic comedy Fools Rush In, where he co-starred alongside Salma Hayek.

In 2022, he came out with a memoir, Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing: A Memoir, which detailed his rise to fame and his struggle with drug and alcohol addiction.

ET has reached out to law enforcement and Perry's reps for comment.

Story is developing...
Estiveo
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
Atticus Finch

Rest In Peace

Post by Atticus Finch »

My favorite actor on Friends. :crying:
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by AndyinPA »

He had a tough life. RIP
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Resume18

Rest In Peace

Post by Resume18 »

And the MAGA/Anti-Vax scum can't even wait until the body is cold.
https://www.newsweek.com/maga-covid19-v ... th-1838875
When Perry's death was announced, several MAGA influencers and right-wing vaccine skeptics blamed the COVID-19 inoculation as being somehow involved, despite no cause of death having been released.

Vaccine skeptics referred to Perry's previous endorsements of vaccines during the COVID-19 pandemic, including a May 24 post on X, formerly Twitter where he promoted a T-shirt that paraphrased a popular line used by Perry's character Bing: "Could I be any more vaccinated."

Kandiss Taylor, a 2022 Georgia Republican gubernatorial primary candidate, said on X, formerly Twitter: "Not a conspiracy when it is truth. Correlation doesn't lie. That's what all research does to find significance. Stop being offended and get on your knees and pray for healing. Find Jesus. He paid for all sickness. Healing is in him."
Kandiss needs to learn firstly that correlation does not equal causation, and secondly, how to STFU.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
AndyinPA
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by AndyinPA »

Disgusting.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by Shizzle Popped »

396980985_701723214947530_5884856933394124867_n.jpg
396980985_701723214947530_5884856933394124867_n.jpg (56.55 KiB) Viewed 2232 times
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
John Thomas8

Rest In Peace

Post by John Thomas8 »

MN-Skeptic

Rest In Peace

Post by MN-Skeptic »

John Thomas8 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:28 pm viewtopic.php?t=2329#p225558
? “You are not authorized to read this forum.”
Volkonski
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by Volkonski »

Neither am I.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Rest In Peace

Post by Frater I*I »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:59 pm
John Thomas8 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:28 pm viewtopic.php?t=2329#p225558
? “You are not authorized to read this forum.”
It's in the "Sportsball" section...

I'll cut and paste...
Bob Knight, the sixth-winningest coach in Division I men's college basketball history whose Hall of Fame career was highlighted by three national titles at Indiana -- one an undefeated season not since matched -- and countless on-court outbursts, died Wednesday, according to his family.

He was 83.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... ht-dies-83

Stuck around longer than was good for him.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Rest In Peace

Post by Luke »

Brenda Snipes was the Supervisor of Elections in Broward County (Ft. Lauderdale) Florida. She was an acquaintance and always kind and hard working. Those idiots Ali Alexander Akbar, Laura Loomer & Co made her life hell during the 2018 election. 55 years in public service. On X, of course the nasty MAGAts are celebrating.
Brenda Snipes, former Broward elections supervisor, dies at 80
Brenda Snipes, the former Broward supervisor of elections, died Thursday at age 80, her daughter confirmed.
By LISA J. HURIASH | lhuriash@sunsentinel.com | South Florida Sun Sentinel
PUBLISHED: November 2, 2023 at 2:51 p.m. | UPDATED: November 2, 2023 at 6:54 p.m.

Brenda Snipes, a retired educator who served for 15 years as Broward County’s supervisor of elections, and whose office drew national attention during a contentious recount in 2018, died Thursday. She was 80. Her daughter, Melanie Snipes Thomas, confirmed her death but didn’t state the cause. Snipes was a “loving soul and energetic. She was an amazing public servant for 55 years,” her daughter said. “Her philosophy was pouring into other people to make their lives better.”

Snipes served as a longtime elections supervisor, being elected to full terms in 2004, 2008, 2012 and 2016. Snipes’ staff listed a number of her office’s accomplishments through the years: Increasing voter education outreach, offering a robust high school pre-registration program for students about to turn 18, being the first supervisor to publish ballots in three languages, and making sure the county had up-to-date voting equipment.

Joe Scott, Broward County’s current Supervisor of Elections, on Thursday called Snipes “excellent at recognizing talent.” He said many of the staff working in the Broward elections office today were hired and trained under Snipes’ tenure. “The success our office has with outreach and voter turnout can be attributed to her vision for the county,” Scott said. “She has made a footprint in touching the lives of children who are now leaders in our community. It’s an honor for our office to continue her legacy.”
► Show Spoiler
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Estiveo
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by Estiveo »

Ken Mattingly, 87, NASA astronaut scrubbed from Apollo 13 for measles exposure, helped bring it home after explosion.

No paywall:
https://wapo.st/3QMNC7a
Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.npr.org/2023/11/09/95334256 ... orman-dies
Frank Borman, who commanded two early NASA missions including the first to orbit the moon, has died at age 95. In a statement, NASA said Borman died Nov. 7 in Billings, Mont. after a stroke. His death comes a week after fellow Apollo astronaut, Ken Mattingly, died.

NASA's oldest living astronaut, Borman was best known for his no-nonsense demeanor and said he cared more about beating the Soviet Union in the space race than personal glory.

His discipline and attention to detail are two reasons why NASA selected him to be an astronaut in 1962. He first flew in space in 1965 aboard Gemini 7, a grueling 14-day mission to prove that humans could survive in weightless conditions (in the cramped two-person capsule). Instead of selecting another astronaut with space experience, NASA chose Borman to serve as the mission commander.
Chilidog

Rest In Peace

Post by Chilidog »

All of the Apollo Astronauts were incrediblly brave men with big brass oned.

Moon landing deniers can all go fuck off.
RVInit

Rest In Peace

Post by RVInit »

Chilidog wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:03 am All of the Apollo Astronauts were incrediblly brave men with big brass oned.

Moon landing deniers can all go fuck off.
:yeahthat:
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Chilidog

Rest In Peace

Post by Chilidog »

Trivia.

That's Frank Borman, stamding, second from the right.

IMG_0570.jpeg
IMG_0570.jpeg (68.67 KiB) Viewed 1778 times
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Rest In Peace

Post by keith »

Chilidog wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:23 am Trivia.

That's Frank Borman, stamding, second from the right.

IMG_0570.jpeg
Interesting. I never knew that.

But I did know that Borman went to Tucson High School my school's biggest rival. But thats only interesting trivia to Tucsonans, cause every Astronaut hadda go to school somewhere.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Volkonski
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by Volkonski »

Maryanne Trump Barry, older sister of Donald Trump, has died at 86: Sources
https://6abc.com/donald-trump-sister-ma ... /14052721/
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “General Stuff”