Hunter Biden - But His Emails! Gun Charge Indictment, Taxes, Hacking, Election Interference, Russian Ops - Jack Maxey

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Dr. Ken

Hunter Biden - But His Emails! Hacking, Election Interference, Russian Ops - Jack Maxey

Post by Dr. Ken »

They're so craven. Here's a letter still up on John Cornyn's senate page with a bunch of republican senators asking for Weiss to be appointed special counsel
https://www.cornyn.senate.gov/wp-conten ... INAL-2.pdf
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Hunter Biden - But His Emails! Hacking, Election Interference, Russian Ops - Jack Maxey

Post by RTH10260 »

Dr. Ken wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:58 pm They're so craven. Here's a letter still up on John Cornyn's senate page with a bunch of republican senators asking for Weiss to be appointed special counsel
https://www.cornyn.senate.gov/wp-conten ... INAL-2.pdf
BUT... But... but... the all important House and its maggots :twisted:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

IMG_5528.png
IMG_5528.png (213.7 KiB) Viewed 25186 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:22 pm This has been another GOP fail. From the Jordan FBI whitleblowers to the biden dead whistleblowers. They just fall for every dumb theory out there.
It's been a failure to anyone who looks past headlines and wants to see more than just innuendo - actual proof or at least some real facts that are legitimate and troubling. Sadly, that is not a description of most Americans.

I saw a segment where a Fox anchor asked someone to read the "interesting, smoking gun memo" that Joe Biden sent to his son's business partner. It read roughly thus "Thank you for attending the dinner the other night at the White House. I am sorry that I did not have an opportunity to come over and personally say hello".

This was touted as "ionteresting", "suspicious", "oh this must be something nefarious". I'm really afraid for our country. I do believe the Fascists are going to win out in the end.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Whackadoodle Bartiromo just had Ted Cruz on for a 15 minute rant about all things Hunter and the corrupt Biden family :crazy:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

When your candidate is looking down the barrel of his fourth criminal indictment, you spin whatever you can grab onto. I don't know how the entire trump wing of the GOP isn't throwing up from vertigo.
ImageImageImage x4
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:17 am When your candidate is looking down the barrel of his fourth criminal indictment, you spin whatever you can grab onto. I don't know how the entire trump wing of the GOP isn't throwing up from vertigo.
Especially when you consider the dread that Smith might still bring additional documents charges in another jurisdiction, so there's still the potential for another courthouse to be involved.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Republicans Wanted a Special Counsel Investigation of Hunter Biden. Now Many Oppose It.
Although some G.O.P. lawmakers see the appointment of David C. Weiss as a vindication of their strategy, others criticize the now-scuttled plea deal he struck with Mr. Biden.

Luke Broadwater reported from Washington, and Maggie Haberman from New York.
Aug. 12, 2023

Congressional Republicans have for months repeatedly written to Attorney General Merrick B. Garland demanding he appoint a special counsel to investigate Hunter Biden, the president’s son, over his business dealings.

Some even demanded that a specific man be named to lead the inquiry: David C. Weiss, the Trump-appointed Delaware U.S. attorney who has long investigated the case.

But on Friday, after Mr. Garland elevated Mr. Weiss to special counsel status, Republicans in Congress reacted publicly not with triumph, but with outrage. “David Weiss can’t be trusted and this is just a new way to whitewash the Biden family’s corruption,” Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee wrote on X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter.

The reaction was a notable political development, one that underscored both how Mr. Weiss, a Republican, has fallen in conservative circles, and how deeply it has become ingrained in the G.O.P. to oppose the Justice Department at every turn.

“The reality is this appointment is meant to distract from, and slow down, our investigations,” said Representative Jason Smith, Republican of Missouri and chairman of Ways and Means, one of three congressional committees looking into the Biden family’s finances.

But in interviews, away from social media and television appearances, the reaction of many Republicans to Mr. Weiss’s appointment was more nuanced. Privately, some in the G.O.P. were chalking up the development as a victory.

The party had worked for years to elevate the Hunter Biden case — which Democrats have long dismissed as a partisan obsession of the right — to a scandal equivalent to those dogging former President Donald J. Trump, who has faced two impeachment trials, two special counsel investigations and three indictments totaling 78 felony counts against him. Those indictments include charges of conspiracy to defraud the United States and willfully retaining national defense information after he left office.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/12/us/p ... unsel.html
guest link: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/12/us/p ... =url-share
raison de arizona

US prosecutors to seek Hunter Biden indictment by Sept. 29

WASHINGTON, Sept 6 (Reuters) - U.S. prosecutors said in a court filing on Wednesday they will seek an indictment of President Joe Biden's son, Hunter, by Sept. 29 in his tax and firearms case.

David Weiss, who was appointed U.S. special counsel by U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland in August, said in a court filing that the government would seek a grand jury indictment before the Sept. 29 deadline under the Speedy Trial Act.

"The government intends to seek the return of an indictment in this case before that date," Weiss wrote in a status report to U.S. District Judge Maryellen Noreika.
:snippity:
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-pro ... 023-09-06/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I thought the firearm/drug usage law he was indicted for has since been thrown out. No?
ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Bastids. They know exactly what was talked about.
Arthur Delaney 🇺🇸 @ArthurDelaneyHP wrote: Senate Republicans actually interviewed Blinken as part of their 2020 Biden corruption probe. They asked about this meeting he had with Hunter Biden and Blinken said they only talked about the recent death of Beau Biden:

https://hsgac.senate.gov/wp-content/upl ... educed.pdf
House Republicans @HouseGOP wrote: 🚨🚨REMINDER 🚨🚨

“Secretary of State Antony Blinken held a meeting with Hunter Biden at the State Department in July 2015 when he was serving as the deputy secretary of state in the Obama-Biden administration and Hunter was on the board of Ukrainian energy firm Burisma…”

What do you think they were talking about? 🤔🤔🤔
bob

Post by bob »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:34 pm I thought the firearm/drug usage law he was indicted for has since been thrown out. No?
IIRC, the 5th Circuit ruled it was unconstitutional. Strictly speaking, a prosecutor in a different circuit could still fire charges, but Main DOJ likely would have a say in whether a prosecutor should.

There also likely other, still-constitutional charges available.
Image ImageImage
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

bob wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:00 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:34 pm I thought the firearm/drug usage law he was indicted for has since been thrown out. No?
IIRC, the 5th Circuit ruled it was unconstitutional. Strictly speaking, a prosecutor in a different circuit could still fire charges, but Main DOJ likely would have a say in whether a prosecutor should.

There also likely other, still-constitutional charges available.
If they don't file charges because of the 5th's ruling, the right will scream about the liberal 5th making leftist rulings and not respecting the laws.

I sort of look forward to that irony.
101010 :towel:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Hunter Biden indicted on gun charges after plea deal falls apart
Court filing alleges president’s son illegally obtained and possessed weapon after falsely declaring he was not a drug user

Richard Luscombe
@richlusc
Thu 14 Sep 2023 22.03 BST

Federal prosecutors on Thursday indicted Hunter Biden on gun charges after a plea deal with the president’s son fell apart in July. His lawyer said special counsel David Weiss was “bending to political pressure” by filing the indictment.

A court filing in the US district court in Delaware alleged Biden, 53, illegally obtained and possessed a Colt revolver in October 2018 after falsely declaring that he was not a user of, or addicted to, narcotic drugs.

The surprise indictment filed on Thursday was brought by Weiss, a Donald Trump appointee as US attorney for Delaware, who was named by the attorney general, Merrick Garland, as a special counsel last month after the collapse of the plea deal that included two misdemeanor tax charges.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... indictment
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Where’s the cry of “but his 2A rights!”?
raison de arizona

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:44 am Where’s the cry of “but his 2A rights!”?
Seriously. What part of “shall not be infringed” are they having trouble understanding?
Suranis

Hunter Biden - But His Emails! Gun Charge Indictment, Taxes, Hacking, Election Interference, Russian Ops - Jack Maxey

Post by Suranis »

You're not reading the small print.

It's really small.
Hic sunt dracones
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

RVInit wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:30 am
Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:22 pm This has been another GOP fail. From the Jordan FBI whitleblowers to the biden dead whistleblowers. They just fall for every dumb theory out there.
This was touted as "ionteresting", "suspicious", "oh this must be something nefarious". I'm really afraid for our country. I do believe the Fascists are going to win out in the end.
I honestly do not think they will. They scream louder, but bottom line is the GOP keeps losing elections, their party is literally dying off (age, COVIDIOTS) and while the Hunter gun charge sucks (and true, imagine if it was DJTJ) the average person isn't paying attention to their Chicken Little schtick. I remain convinced we'll win again in 2024. :bighug:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Interesting point just made on the teevee. For all the crying and wailing about Biden Justice Department and weaponized et al, how is it that Biden's not stepping in (yet) to stop this stuff?
bob

Post by bob »

Kendra wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:53 pm Interesting point just made on the teevee. For all the crying and wailing about Biden Justice Department and weaponized et al, how is it that Biden's not stepping in (yet) to stop this stuff?
The bird site denizens already have a retort: The H. Biden indictment is meant to distract you from the J. Biden impeachment. :roll:
Image ImageImage
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

orlylicious wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:12 pm (and true, imagine if it was DJTJ)
Ya, its true, but its literally that he ticked a box marked "I am not using illegal Drugs." In terms of stuff to scream about its a nothing. I doubt if people ever bother charging people with it, and if he wasn't the Son of the President it would be ignored.

I think the reaction of most people after hearing the hype and then finally hearing what the charge is would be "Is that it? Wait, you're serious? Feck off"
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Suranis wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:01 pm
Ya, its true, but its literally that he ticked a box marked "I am not using illegal Drugs." In terms of stuff to scream about its a nothing. I doubt if people ever bother charging people with it, and if he wasn't the Son of the President it would be ignored.

I think the reaction of most people after hearing the hype and then finally hearing what the charge is would be "Is that it? Wait, you're serious? Feck off"
Good thing DJTjr has never smoked a doobie or done a line, otherwise all his guns would technically be illegal.
Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 10.56.58 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 10.56.58 AM.png (23.7 KiB) Viewed 24528 times
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/4473- ... 9/download
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Twitter legal seems to agree that no one would bother with an ordinary Patriot citizen.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:03 pm
Twitter legal seems to agree that no one would bother with an ordinary Patriot citizen.
When this first came up I was hearing on various shows both prosecutors and criminal defense attorneys saying they never charge this. Ever. Unless the person committed some crime using the gun, then they might charge this as part of piling on as many charges as possible. But not a single prosecutor that I heard talking about this said anything other than they have never heard of this being charged with the kind of facts in Hunter's case.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'm surrounded by vicious thug gangbangers and never heard anyone get busted for that before. They don't fill out no gun papers.

I might have not ticked that box once or twice, not buying guns, just going to the doctors. That's private information, that's between me and SAG and ASCAP and AFTRA . And maybe a couple of musician's unions. Maybe I smoke a little weed now and then. Some geezers rub it on their knees. Ain't nobody's business but our own.

So they're saying I might be up for a 25-year bid? That's gonna be a helluva big artist colony. Yo Hunter, how's it going?

Return to “Current Politics”