A General thread for 2024 Presidential Elections

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

LOL!! Don Jr (and MTG) blocked from "spin zone" room after debate. (spin-- doesn't that sound bad in of itself?)

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Wasn't it just yesterday that sweet Kimberly got all threaty about not being allowed in, and assured us, ASSURED us, they would definitely be in there?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

She never goes anywhere without a big ol' load of cleavage, does she? She is armed boobed and dangerous.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:eek: you all mean to say that a full evening full of Republicans that are so full of themselves managed to reach a climax without ever mentioning Hillary and her emails :?:

Hell must be freezing over
and
:pigsfly: :pigsfly: :pigsfly:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Junior actually looks like he isn't stoned in that vid. First time I've seen him straight in at least 3 years. Kim might have told him to lay of the blow for a day so they can look good while Fox is throwing them out
Hic sunt dracones
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

I caught parts of the GOP debate last night, and it seemed like slightly more than half the people up there were auditioning to be trump's VP pick or for a cabinet position.

Ramaswamy came across as the most authoritarian of the lot, and definitely was kissing trump's ass. I doubt he would get the VP nod though - trump's base couldn't handle a non-white, non-Christian as VP. Cabinet through.

Pence is very much running for president of Gilead. He's great if you want your authoritarianism to be a theocracy.

Desantis was showing that, outside of friendly echo chambers, he's got the personality of cold pancakes with no syrup. Which doesn't hide his fascist little soul much, especially when it came to using the military to invade an ally.

Scott was trying to be a darker version of Pence, but didn't really come across well. He would be a good VP pick for Pence, save the slight little fact that the people who Pence wants votes from also want Pence hung as a traitor.

As for the rest, they were pretty much meh.
Mad Geoscientist GRADUATE STUDENT in Training
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

shannon wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:05 pm I caught parts of the GOP debate last night, and it seemed like slightly more than half the people up there were auditioning to be trump's VP pick or for a cabinet position.
Well, duhsanctus is ineligble for tfg's VP
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Everything In This Paragraph Should Disqualify Vivek Ramaswamy From Being President
Here’s where else he’s gone in his quest for the truth. He has tantalized audiences with the idea that Americans don’t know “the truth about January 6” and has argued that those who stormed the Capitol have been lied to and “suppressed.” He argues that people who identify as transgender suffer from a mental-health disorder: “I think there is something else going wrong in that person’'s life, badly wrong,” he has said. He calls race-based affirmative action “a cancer” and vows to end it “in every sphere of American life.” He endorses using the military to secure America’s borders, brokering a deal that would cede a huge chunk of Ukraine to Russia, and defending Taiwan from Chinese aggression “only as far as 2028.” His grandest vision might best be described as the inverse of Franklin D. Roosevelt’s New Deal: a demolition of the federal government—FBI, CDC, DOE, ATF, IRS—gone.

Then, suddenly, he was talking about 9/11. “I think it is legitimate to say how many police, how many federal agents, were on the planes that hit the Twin Towers. Maybe the answer is zero. It probably is zero for all I know, right? I have no reason to think it was anything other than zero. But if we’re doing a comprehensive assessment of what happened on 9/11, we have a 9/11 commission, absolutely that should be an answer the public knows the answer to. Well, if we’re doing a January 6 commission, absolutely, those should be questions that we should get to the bottom of,” he said. “‘Here are the people who were armed. Here are the people who are unarmed.’ What percentage of the people who were armed were federal law-enforcement officers? I think it was probably high, actually. Right?”

Oh, and he's buds with the faux hillbilly, Peter Thiel, and many others. A real outsider.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Sununu: GOP trying to save the country while Trump only saving himself

BY SARAH FORTINSKY -
08/27/23 9:23 AM ET

New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu (R) praised moderators for waiting until halfway through the first GOP primary debate to ask about the legal obstacles that former President Trump faces, saying Republicans are focused on the future of the country, not on Trump.

“Republicans are trying to save the country. Donald Trump is trying to save himself,” Sununu said in an interview on “Inside with Jen Psaki,” slated to air on MSNBC on Sunday.

“So, when it comes to a debate, we don’t want to just, kind of, be rehashing yesterday’s news. We want to be forward, we want to be about 2024. We want to be about what we can bring to the table with the economy and securing the border and energy independence and all these sorts of things,” Sununu told Psaki. “So, huge opportunity there, and they grabbed onto it. They didn’t fall for the trap, so to say, of talking about the big guy.”

Sununu, a moderate Republican who has at times been critical of the former president, said he was excited watching the GOP debate this past Wednesday and predicted one of the candidates on stage had potential to win the election.

He said supporting Trump all but guarantees Democrats’ victory in 2024.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... g-himself/
tek

Post by tek »

“Republicans are trying to save the country. Donald Trump is trying to save himself,”
Half of that statement is true.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

tek wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:05 pm
“Republicans are trying to save the country. Donald Trump is trying to save himself,”
Half of that statement is true.
And yet, amusingly, 50% of the truth is still better than the percentage the TFG-side of that party brings to the table.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Our friend who never wore a suit before shows up in this video
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Grumpy Git
Verified:

Post by Grumpy Git »

A few thoughts on your Presidential elections from over the pond. :biggrin:

As November 2024 draws ever nearer, have you noticed how much angrier and more desperate the GOP has become, at least on evidence of those talking to camera?

There's a noticeable increase in the amount of lying, snarling, gaslighting, deflection, as if they know their campaign is going down the pan and frustration is setting in.

The more the legal problems on Trump and his minions pile-up, the more they try and deflect with nonsense about Hunter Biden, promising 'evidence' against the 'Biden crime family', rather than come up with policies on issues that actually matter to people (crime, economy, immigration, health, education etc), so the more they alienate moderate GOP and independent voters.

They lost around 8-9% of votes in 2020, compared with 2016, from this middle ground, political commentators say they're on course to double that amount unless they turn the ship around.

But of course now they're so embedded into the Trump cult, they can't change course. Even if a miracle occurred in the primaries and it looked like someone like Nikki Haley could possibly win the nomination, they fear Trump would break away, form his own America First type party, and take at least 40% of the GOP vote with him.

And they know full well Trump would do that, so their primary candidates aren't trying too hard to win. They're looking at the 2028 race, minus Dumpty Donnie, so willing to give up on this one.

And what about first time voters, those now old enough to vote. How many of them see this Republican party as part of their future? By all accounts more of them are more favourable towards the Democrats.

So the GOP is anchored to a sinking ship, flying with a kamikaze pilot, with plenty of infighting amongst the crew, hence the increase in anger and desperation.

One other point, while the GOP are falling, do you think the Democrats now need to go more on the offensive? I don't see many of them on news shows pushing back, or should they continue to just sit back a while longer and let the Republicans continue to turn on each other?

A very interesting 15-18 months ahead! :biggrin:

crashing.jpg
crashing.jpg (130.77 KiB) Viewed 1395 times
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Grumpy Git wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:53 pm One other point, while the GOP are falling, do you think the Democrats now need to go more on the offensive? I don't see many of them on news shows pushing back, or should they continue to just sit back a while longer and let the Republicans continue to turn on each other?
As I have said for years, its hard to be on air pushing back when the networks are not inviting you to be on air.
Hic sunt dracones
Grumpy Git
Verified:

Post by Grumpy Git »

Then it's up to the Democrats to push the networks more, I don't see why CNN or MSNBC would favour the GOP more, or is it because the infighting/anger is likely to get more viewers? Do the Democrats just come across as boring?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Just an outsiders view. if Democrats don't get invitations, then they ought to institutionalize a regular (weekly?) Meet With The Media event.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, the media win if the race(s) are close.

So they manipulate the race(s).
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Grumpy Git wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:55 pm Then it's up to the Democrats to push the networks more, I don't see why CNN or MSNBC would favour the GOP more, or is it because the infighting/anger is likely to get more viewers? Do the Democrats just come across as boring?
How exactly are they supposed to do that, with Obama's mind control eye beams? By pushing against their building really hard? Maybe threatening to expose those racy pics of Dianne Feinstein on their computers?

And its because the people who OWN the networks tell them to favour the Republicans. They would push Republicans if they were going broke doing it. That's the consequence of having the entire US media landscape owned by 4 or so people.

Even Rachel Maddow toes the line and pushes bullshit when she is told to.

To stop it up They would have to start breaking up monopolies, and the USA hasn't been breaking up monopolies for 2 or 3 decades.

I despise Jeff Besos, but his ownership of the Washington Post means it is one of the few bastions of truth left in the US media landscape, and I give him massive props for that.
Hic sunt dracones
Grumpy Git
Verified:

Post by Grumpy Git »

Suranis wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:27 pm
Grumpy Git wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:55 pm Then it's up to the Democrats to push the networks more, I don't see why CNN or MSNBC would favour the GOP more, or is it because the infighting/anger is likely to get more viewers? Do the Democrats just come across as boring?
How exactly are they supposed to do that, with Obama's mind control eye beams? By pushing against their building really hard? Maybe threatening to expose those racy pics of Dianne Feinstein on their computers?
Suranis - why are you giving me such a hard time?

I don't recall being rude or sarcastic to you, and yet since my Spain thread post...
Suranis wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:58 pm
Grumpy Git wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:44 pm "You just wonder what these teams could do if their federations actually backed them."
YOU SHUT YOUR FILTHY MOUTH!!
...you seem to have singled me out for aggressive responses

I have zero tolerance for such rudeness, does this place have a block facility? I'm off to find out!

:mad: :mad: :mad:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Grumpy Git wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:25 am

I don't recall being rude or sarcastic to you, and yet since my Spain thread post...
Grumpy Git wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:44 pm "You just wonder what these teams could do if their federations actually backed them."

I have zero tolerance for such rudeness, does this place have a block facility? I'm off to find out!

Uh... Firstly I haven't singled you out at all. Why would I. And yes, it does have a block function

Uh. as for the second thing you bring up I thought it was obvious it was snark. It was such an obvious over the top response that I Though it was obvious it was humour. The comedy technique of subverting expectations. It was totally against what I would normally say and with such ferocity that it was obvious humour. Humour has been a trait of the site since its inception.

As for the first thing, I guess that that is a reaction for long long LONG years of watching people blaming Obama and to a lesser extent the Democrats for not MAKING the opposition do what they want. I hears the phrase "the bully pulpit" so many times it became REALLY tiresome. And then there was people blaming Hillary Clinton for not getting into the media and making the media cover her when the woman was actually doing 8 interviews a day for months.

At the same time CNN was showing every Trump rally LIVE and AD FREE. Which shows that CNN was pretty much FOX lite and had no interest in showing Hillary Clinton other than "but her Emails."

So, ya I guess it was old frustration bubbling up, and I'm sorry.

The liberal Media argument when it is anything but is an old old argument and I'm sorry you got hit with some old frustration.

I unreservedly apoligize.
Hic sunt dracones
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Grumpy Git wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:25 am

I sent you a private DM.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I did read that YOU SHUT YOUR FILTHY MOUTH!! and because of long association with Suranis I knew it was supposed to be a joke, but I thought it could also be misinterpreted. He was pretending to be an Offended Person, not actually expressing offendedness himself.

I suggest we let him go with a mild beating, just this once. A well placed smiley could have avoided confusion and hurt feelings. :boxing:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:56 pm I did read that YOU SHUT YOUR FILTHY MOUTH!! and because of long association with Suranis I knew it was supposed to be a joke, but I thought it could also be misinterpreted. He was pretending to be an Offended Person, not actually expressing offendedness himself.

I suggest we let him go with a mild beating, just this once. A well placed smiley could have avoided confusion and hurt feelings. :boxing:
I got it because that’s my style of humour.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Ya I've started putting "[/snark]" behind things like that.
Hic sunt dracones
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

That Big Poll Showing Trump and Biden Are Evenly Matched? Trump Helped Pay for It.
The Wall Street Journal poll is being cited in all the mainstream media outlets, with no caveat that Donald Trump’s Super PAC paid one of the pollsters.

https://newrepublic.com/post/175387/wsj ... helped-pay
A recent Wall Street Journal poll announced that most voters think Joe Biden is too old to be president for a second term—and a 2024 matchup between Biden and Donald Trump would be evenly split. The poll has since been covered across multiple mainstream media outlets, including MSNBC, CNN, and Fox.

There’s just one problem: The poll was conducted in part by Trump’s former campaign pollster.

The poll, which was published Monday, found that Biden and Trump are tied with 46 percent support each. But “nearly three-quarters of voters say the president is too old to run again,” the Journal article said. It has garnered widespread media attention and outrage. MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough pointed out that Trump has been indicted four times and lied many, many more times, and yet he is tied with Biden simply because the latter is just three years older.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “US President”