Republicans behaving badly

June bug

Post by June bug »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:37 am They are called dog "groomers" for a reason. :biggrin:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Suranis wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:25 am
Dylan Whatshisname.

People are stupid.
I couldn't agree more.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Srsly.
Image Image Image Image
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:54 pm
Dylan Whatshisname.

People are stupid.
I couldn't agree more.
I know, I caught that too also. I let it be.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

neonzx wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:10 pm
Dylan Whatshisname.

People are stupid.
I couldn't agree more.
I'm done with stupid shit like that just being let be. I'm too old to care anymore what someone thinks of me. Speaking up and calling people out has become my super power and I'm ok with that.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:15 pm

I couldn't agree more.
I'm done with stupid shit like that just being let be. I'm too old to care anymore what someone thinks of me. Speaking up and calling people out has become my super power and I'm ok with that.
Srsly. It was a dick move and deserves to be called out.
Image Image Image Image
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Estiveo wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:24 pm
I think you will find that outside twitter and social media that its the majority opinion, because to believe otherwise is to deny the evidence of science and it is a cry to "deny the evidence of your own eyes." to quote Orwell.

"If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. [...] The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there is no good evidence either way. Persecution is used in theology, not in arithmetic, because in arithmetic there is knowledge, but in theology there is only opinion. So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants."

Bertrand Russell - Sceptical Essays "Introduction: On the Value of Skepticism" (1961)
Hic sunt dracones
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Suranis wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:18 pm
Estiveo wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:24 pm

I think you will find that outside twitter and social media that its the majority opinion, because to believe otherwise is to deny the evidence of science and it is a cry to "deny the evidence of your own eyes." to quote Orwell.

"If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. [...] The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there is no good evidence either way. Persecution is used in theology, not in arithmetic, because in arithmetic there is knowledge, but in theology there is only opinion. So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants."

Bertrand Russell - Sceptical Essays "Introduction: On the Value of Skepticism" (1961)
You know, something like this might work if it weren't for the fact that everytime you post about anything related to LGBTQIA+ people you make your utter disdain for them completely obvious. But because you do, any attempt at asserting moral or intellectual supriority fails.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Sadly, sometimes babies are born imperfect and that imperfection requires medical attention to ensure a better quality of life. Nobody would deny a child spinal correction or club foot surgery. Sure, they’ll survive without it, but why should they?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:31 pm
You know, something like this might work if it weren't for the fact that everytime you post about anything related to LGBTQIA+ people you didn't make your utter disdain for them completely obvious. But because you do, any attempt at asserting moral or intellectual supriority fails.
Yes, I'm sure I am disdainful to my brother who is married to a man. Married last year, in fact. He visited 3 days ago to be disdained at.

I never mentioned it here because why should I clang against your prejudices. And I know what you all would start saying.

If you think there are 399 Genders then you are dealing with Theology, not evidence. And I'm sorry if you have to shout down your own doubts by attacking everyone else, But that does not make your doubts any less real.

AND what you just said is Whataboutism. EVEN if it true that I am so Blah blah blah about teh gay, it does make any counter argument to the conclusion that your screaming rage at any contrary opinion is because you are trying not to think about the feelings of doubt and revulsion that exist inside you.

I mean, all the tine amount of people on Twitter might say mean things about you if you were honest and deviated from the script.

The speck in my eye does not make the Plank of Wood in your own eye go away.
Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Referring to someone by their preferred pronouns is respectful. Ignoring something which is so easy to do is disrespectful and a total asshole move.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Did your priest tell you that at Mass this morning? It's understandable that he would. After all, most people have a very strong opinion that pedophilia is vile and disgusting.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:39 pm Sadly, sometimes babies are born imperfect and that imperfection requires medical attention to ensure a better quality of life. Nobody would deny a child spinal correction or club foot surgery. Sure, they’ll survive without it, but why should they?
A spinal correction and a club foot are obvious and can be seen medically. No-one is going to look at a Clubbed Foot and go "but you have perfect feet" like one does with the aforementioned Dylan and point out that that he is obviously a... And insist that a ton of Women's Sports records were really achieved by Women even though the achievers are biologically male.

TL:DR Ridiculous comparison is ridiculous. Fucking up teenagers development because its trendy is lunatic, cruel and there is no justification for it. If you want to argue about what happens after the age of 24 when Brain development is finished go for it, but whats happening now is completely out of line. Not to mention fucking over women athletes because you think doing otherwise is discrimination. Hello?

The International Cycling Union has banned people who have not "transitioned" before the onset of puberty from competition. So the back push on this craziness has finally begun. Reality has a 2 gender bias.

Oh and the evidence for the effects of Puberty blocking drugs has been assessed as "very low certainty" as the reports have been too small to draw conclusions or are in other ways flawed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56601386

Finally, the horrible thing that J K Rowling said that had hundreds of Twitter people screaming about her, was that she hoped that Women would have the same rights as Trans People. That's it. THAT caused people to start howling. Can I refer you to the Russell quite above for a possible explanation for such an over reaction?
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:27 pm Referring to someone by their preferred pronouns is respectful. Ignoring something which is so easy to do is disrespectful and a total asshole move.
Ordering people to deny the obvious is Orwellian.

And historically titles and pronouns are assigned, not self determined. And by the way, my preferred Pronoun for the next 5 minutes is "Grand High Octopus Lord of the Sea." HOW DARE YOU CALL ME ANYTHING ELSE YOU MONSTER! And how dare you assume that my pronoun in 5 minutes will be "he." If you call me something else than what I have then decided, you are an asshole.

You see how a "you can only use preferred Pronouns" system is actually unworkable in the real world? I prefer a system where, to quote a Unionist talking about the City of Derry which some call Londonderry; "I don't care what anyone else calls it, but I object to anyone telling me what to call it." Similarly, if he wants to call himself a Woman, who cares, but forcing everyone else to do it is just being a Prick.
W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:33 pm Did your priest tell you that at Mass this morning? It's understandable that he would. After all, most people have a very strong opinion that pedophilia is vile and disgusting.
I'm sorry that you cant actually argue anything about the merits and have to resort to an ab hominem attack based on prejudices. Might I suggest you actually think about the issues in order to figure out what you really think about it?
Hic sunt dracones
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Yeah, so heart disease isn’t a thing bc you can’t see it. Riiiiggghhhtttt!

Eye roll infinity.

If someone tells you they don’t feel right, believe them. It’s not going to hurt you one little bit. sexuality is in your brain, not your body. And sometimes bodies get it wrong. Pretty sure there’s plenty of physical evidence to support that.

ImageImageImage x4
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Off Topic
Typical Suranis MO:

1. Make bigoted statement.
2. Get called out for bigoted statement.
3. Make multiple posts trying to justify bigotry, usually dragging religion into it, espousing more bigotry and whining about being attacked for being a bigot or being catholic, or both.
4. Lather rinse repeat.

This is why I've had him on ignore for many years, but I still see the worst of his bigotry because of the quote function.

I offer no solution because there isn't one, short of banning him, or moderating all his posts, and that ain't happening. So I guess he'll just go on making hateful, bigoted comments, and then crying about being called out on them. I wonder sometimes if he doesn't do it deliberately, just for the attention. If so, that just makes it sadder.
Image Image Image Image
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:46 pm Yeah, so heart disease isn’t a thing bc you can’t see it. Riiiiggghhhtttt!

Eye roll infinity.

If someone tells you they don’t feel right, believe them. It’s not going to hurt you one little bit. sexuality is in your brain, not your body. And sometimes bodies get it wrong. Pretty sure there’s plenty of physical evidence to support that.
Ooooh you think I said you have to see something to have it real. Thank you for arguing against what I didn't day. You determine heart disease with medical tests, Socretes.

And, no, sexuality is not in the brain, NOR is "sexuality" what we were talking about. But then "Sexuality" is such a broad word that it lacks a precise definition.

But GENDER is NOT in the brain. The Male skeleton is very different to the Female one. Placement of the Organs is different, and that's true even in Prepubescent individuals. We are a gender Dymprphic Species. Males and females walk differently. You name it, we are different. That's why I keep bringing up the line from 1984 that "the party demanded you ignore the evidence of your eyes and ears."

In general it is very easy to tell the difference between men and women from their face. When they are moving it is VERY obvious. Ya you can do various tricks with makeup, and the Oriental tradition of acting says that to truly pretend to be a particular Woman you have to be a Man as otherwise your own Femininity gets in the way. But 99% of the time its pretty bloody easy to spot. And tellign people to deny that is just being a Prick, frankly.

And I love your "pretty sure" comment because, no, there are NO physical tests to determine that. None. Zero. The brain scans they wave around are typically done after hormone treatment which *shock* causes the brain to change.

Please show me the Mefical tests for Gender Dysphoria disorder, becawsue your "pretty sure" shows you have formed an opinion without any evidence.

For further research may I refer you to the East German Women's Olympic Team from the Film "Top Secret"

top_secret_1984.jpg
top_secret_1984.jpg (211.97 KiB) Viewed 826 times
Hic sunt dracones
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Oh look, an ad hominem attack against me from a guy who constantly cries about ad hominem attacks. I’m shocked!

The only reason I know Suranis responded to me is bc of the quote function and curiosity got the better of me. My mistake.

I have a husband in the hospital, probably dying of cancer, so the last thing I need is to waste my time on someone so willfully clueless attacking me. Im off to deal with somebody important.

ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I didn't use an Ab Hominem attack. The only thing I said that could be close to an attack is that I formed a conclusion that you hadn't actually looked into whether there are physical differences in the brains before saying so. That's not an Ab Hominem attack, that's a conclusion based on the argument. There was no personal attack there.

Hope your husband gets better. And you're right, it's far more important than this crap.
Hic sunt dracones
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Yeah, that whole Socrates line was you showing me love.

And I don’t need your fake empathy.

Block back on. I’ll never make that mistake again.

ImageImageImage x4
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:31 pm You know, something like this might work if it weren't for the fact that everytime you post about anything related to LGBTQIA+ people you didn't make your utter disdain for them completely obvious. But because you do, any attempt at asserting moral or intellectual supriority fails.
That, and the science is pretty strongly in the LGBTQ camp. It is mostly the science-themed common crowd that think otherwise. It is kinda like blaming one's god... "it is not my fault, this authority figure that says exactly what I want it to says I should say this!'. I generally do not see actual domain experts spouting such things.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Suranis wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:45 pm If you think there are 399 Genders then you are dealing with Theology, not evidence. And I'm sorry if you have to shout down your own doubts by attacking everyone else, But that does not make your doubts any less real.
The word you are looking for is 'taxonomy', not 'theology. Humans decide how we organize such things based off the variation and granularity we find most useful. For people who are attached to simplicity, sure, 2 is enough, as long as the ideal forms of those two match their prefered archetypes. But once you start bringing in the complexity of a diverse population it makes a lot of sense to have more. What I find fascinating is how many people seem to treat this like an existential crisis even though it doesn't actually change their own classification, which makes it seem very petty.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

neeneko wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:13 pm
Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:31 pm You know, something like this might work if it weren't for the fact that everytime you post about anything related to LGBTQIA+ people you didn't make your utter disdain for them completely obvious. But because you do, any attempt at asserting moral or intellectual supriority fails.
That, and the science is pretty strongly in the LGBTQ camp. It is mostly the science-themed common crowd that think otherwise. It is kinda like blaming one's god... "it is not my fault, this authority figure that says exactly what I want it to says I should say this!'. I generally do not see actual domain experts spouting such things.
Yes, of course "the science" Strongly is. What a Trumpian term. That's why (for example) People insist that putting a Man in a woman's competition is completely fair, and then change the subject when Women's world records fall when the person gets a middle of the road result for an average non transitioned male athlete.

Stuff like that makes one question whether the "science" (with no examples provided) is actually strongly "on their side," or whether people are just saying it is strongly as a slogan and then squeezing their eyes shut when actual science is brought out. Because having any doubts makes them one of the Enemy.

And, remember, the only Science presented here was from me, posting an article on a report stating that actual effects of "Puberty Blocker" drugs, beneficial or otherwise, cannot be determined by the tests that have been done for various reasons. And since those probably form a large chunk of "the Science" you are referring to, I think the Science you are relying on this on this can be questioned. Strongly.

Assuming you actually read any of it, and are not just repeating someone else who said the Science strongly favours the Ls.

Like a Trans activist in an article I will be typing out in a second who said "There is no evidence that the Average man is strongler or has higher performance physically than the average woman." What the fuck is that shit? THAT'S your strongly science?? That's complete bollox and you know it.

So ya, where's the science?

*waffle about diverse populations*

Since all this started because I posted the 'wrong' 3 letters in a post when making a point about something else and people went apeshit, I think there is far more doubt here on that than people want to admit. But the fact is even intersex people favour one or other of their Genders. And trying to bring up pother genders is just throwing flim flam in the air to try and confuse the issue. Its basically made up BS to cast doubt and to make people feel elite and smart for being one of the people REALLY UNDERSTAND!! When in fact most are just jumping onto a trend without thinking it through, but they can feel tolerant and superior and laugh when twitter and social media explodes on someone who slightly Breaks the Orthodox dogma and must be excommunicated.

So, ya, Theology.
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:49 pm Yeah, that whole Socrates line was you showing me love.

And I don’t need your fake empathy.

Block back on. I’ll never make that mistake again.
Oh right. Calling you one of the most influential thinkers in western civilization was an insult, huh? THAT'S what you call an Ab Hominem attack??

What I was doing was sarcastically referring to the Socratic Dialogues where Socretes would ask constant questions till the person contradicted themselves and then Socrates would say they didn't really know anything about what they were discussing. So I was implying that you thought you were doing that, catching me out in a contradiction, but in fact you were doing anything but, because I hadn't.

And fuck off with the "Oh I have blocked you!" crap, because you will be checking on my posts to feel that lovely outrage, and we both know it.
Hic sunt dracones
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Suranis, you have nipples on your chest. Explain why.

I will wait.

(this is my short answer)

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”