Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:47 am Cross-posting on RonJohn's thread on the appropriate board, but also here.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ron-johns ... -news-rant

Since this happened on Maria Bartiromo's show, and she's famous for stuff like this, I'm proposing the FB lexicon now include the phrase "Bartshit" to describe such crazy rants. Will anyone second?
:wave:
ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I third it!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I couldn't find the deranged Trump supporter forum, I never can remember titles when they get a little too clever. My bad, I'm getting old and decrepit, so I apologize for putting this here.

So, I have two sisters, only one of whom ever helps take care of Mom. She is a total Trump humper lunatic. She comes on Saturdays. Last Saturday we got into a tiff and I decided to just stay in my room (too hot to go hiking today). But, I have a camera in Mom's room and I keep my phone open on the app for her camera with the sound on all night in case something happens I can hear it right away.

So, I wasn't paying attention to my phone, and I had forgotten to turn off the app after she got here this morning. I was doing things, and all the sudden I was hearing deranged lunatic stuff coming from the app (my mom's TV set actually). Sister had turned the channel to Fox. I decided to watch for a few minutes, and my mom was clearly agitated. She only wants to watch ABC and if you change the channel to anything else she gets really antsy. She was constantly picking her head up, looking at the tv. Put her head back down, lift it up again, clearly she was very agitated. Of course, Trump humper has no situational awareness and no ability to watch how she's acting and understand that this is NOT NORMAL and SOMETHING IS WRONG>

I decided that I am going to set the parental control PIN after she leaves today and block FOX on Mom's tv. But, Mom came to her own rescue finally telling her please change the channel " What is this???? I can't stand this crap!!!"

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Bear in mind my mother is, and has always been, a Republican. Although I introduced her to ABC, which is very low key her views have really mellowed. She voted for Joe Biden last time and has said she doesn't care WHO the Republican nominee is, she likes Biden's calmness and his obvious caring for his fellow human beings.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:44 am
Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:47 am Cross-posting on RonJohn's thread on the appropriate board, but also here.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ron-johns ... -news-rant

Since this happened on Maria Bartiromo's show, and she's famous for stuff like this, I'm proposing the FB lexicon now include the phrase "Bartshit" to describe such crazy rants. Will anyone second?
:wave:
Do we need to add the modifier "crazy" or something along those lines? Or is it the singular "Bartshit". Is there a plural? Is the past tense "Bartshat"?
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

RVInit wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:27 am I couldn't find the deranged Trump supporter forum, I never can remember titles when they get a little too clever. My bad, I'm getting old and decrepit, so I apologize for putting this here. :snippity:
I believe the topic you seek is called "Crazy Trumpers"

Anywho, I want to say I am impressed by your monitoring setup on your mom. Simple and easy to do.

Sorry you have a crazy sister -- but we all have some family members who are a bit 'out there'. As the saying goes, you can pick your friends but you can't pick your family.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

What?
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:brickwallsmall:

I couldn't tell if the blonde realized what just happened or does she always look like that?
ImageImageImage x4
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Marx coauthored "The Communist Manifesto" with Engels while they were both living in Brussels. It was published early in 1848.

By then Marx had not lived in Trier for over 10 years.

It boggles the mind that anyone could confuse "Mein Kampf" with "The Communist Manifesto".
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Karl-Marx-Haus Karl-Marx-Haus in the Trierer Brückenstrasse The museum in the house where Karl Marx was born in the Brückenstrasse is dedicated to the life and work of the most famous man from Trier.

City of Trier - their Karl Marx website at https://www.trier.de/kultur-freizeit/ge ... karl-marx/
(use Google Translate for English)
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:33 pm :brickwallsmall:

I couldn't tell if the blonde realized what just happened or does she always look like that?
I don't watch Fox so I am not sure but that look really did seem like she was quite aware. I wonder if he does stuff like that on a regular basis.

For Fox, it does not matter if he misspoke without thinking or is an idiot, or both. To their primary viewers, it won't matter. They probably didn't pay attention to what book he mentioned. He was talking about evil commies and we have evil commies in school. The rest was just words.
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/15/media/gr ... index.html
One of Fox News’ top hosts said that many of the world’s problems would be solved if women were to vanish from the planet.

Greg Gutfeld, the right-wing channel’s resident jester who was recently promoted to host his own prime time hour, made a series of brazenly sexist comments on Monday’s edition of “The Five” during a discussion on looting.

As surveillance video played showing a smash-and-grab that occurred over the weekend at a Los Angeles Nordstrom, Gutfeld went on a rant portraying women as soft on crime and effectively blaming the entire gender for supposed policies that would prevent such crimes from being committed.

“What would happen if all the women took a ladies week off and they went to Venus … How many of these problems would still exist?” Gutfeld wondered aloud.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/statu ... 14976?s=20
The Daily Beast
@thedailybeast
Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation saw a staggering 75 percent drop in annual profits in the 2023 financial year, with the business now looking to generative artificial intelligence (AI) to slash costs. https://t.co/0fEvjsSG0Z
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-lawye ... -tell-you/
Trump lawyer Alina Habba appeared to confront Fox & Friends co-host Steve Doocy for his growing skepticism towards defenses put forth by former President Donald Trump and his surrogates.

Habba was invited to the curvy couch at Fox News to address the recent indictment brought forth by Fulton County DA Fani Willis against her client. After her initial dismissal of charges, claiming that Trump’s right to due process was violated, Doocy brought up a recent NY Post column written by Fox News legal contributor Andy McCarthy.

“I’ve heard from a lot of legal analysts, and they say what is different about this case than the federal cases is Georgia has laws that are specifically tailored to election interference and things like that,” Doocy noted. “Andy McCarthy, a Fox News contributor, and also, he wrote an op-ed in the New York Post, he said that the Georgia indictment is the most perilous threat to former President Trump. Does President Trump know that this is a perilous threat?”
Video at the link.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Just an FYI, I had to find another way to search for the fox thread :biggrin:
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (16.52 KiB) Viewed 2412 times
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
In Advanced Search, you can search for thread titles only.
Don't mind me, I just fell out of a coconut tree. 🥥🌴
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:42 am [ mod=Foggy] In Advanced Search, you can search for thread titles only. [/mod]
But not when words are too frequent :torches:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Foggy wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:42 am In Advanced Search, you can search for thread titles only.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean here, but earlier today I used Advanced Search to search for a post I'd made about my dog Sasha. I told it to search only the forum that the "Dogs" thread is in, and typed in her name as the search term. It popped all my posts about her right up.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:50 am
Foggy wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:42 am In Advanced Search, you can search for thread titles only.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean here, but earlier today I used Advanced Search to search for a post I'd made about my dog Sasha. I told it to search only the forum that the "Dogs" thread is in, and typed in her name as the search term. It popped all my posts about her right up.
I think what is happening is that the search is returning too many hits for the database to handle. The result set would approach the size of the database itself. (Or rather, some predefined % limit)

E.g. there are a gazillion mentions of the word 'Trump', but only a few mentions of 'Sasha'.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I switched my search word to Bartiromo. Easy peasy :biggrin:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:roll:

Just heard on F&F while they're leading into another Hunter Biden story. They're showing a clip of Biden and Jill arriving Friday in Reno for what was described as their "second" vacation in a month. Vacation? Wasn't he at Camp David Friday morning? Going to Maui on Monday?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Bartiromo coming up. Comer, Stephen Miller and MTG. :sick:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kendra wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:54 am Bartiromo coming up. Comer, Stephen Miller and MTG. :sick:
A-list characters right there. Stay classy. (I keep seeing she was once a respected journalist.)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

My head is spinning after watching, I can't keep up with all the stuff they spew. Over there it's electors, not fake electors. Doesn't seem Fox learned anything after that big settlement.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Because of course they did. :lol:

Republican candidate told associates Newsmax tried to make him pay for coverage

https://www.semafor.com/article/08/20/2 ... r-coverage
The Scoop

If Vivek Ramaswamy wants to appear on Newsmax, he should pay to do it.

That was the message that network chief Chris Ruddy delivered to the Republican presidential candidate during a private call earlier this summer, according to two people to whom the candidate described the conversation. Ramaswamy had complained that the right-leaning network was sticking him in little-watched midday slots or ignoring him outright.

Ruddy also suggested a solution, Ramaswamy told associates: buy more television ads on the network. Ruddy, Ramaswamy told them, noted that such a transaction had helped Republican businessman Perry Johnson, a gadfly candidate who has thus far garnered only passing attention among mainstream and even conservative outlets covering the 2024 presidential cycle.

In a statement, Newsmax spokesperson Bill Daddi told Semafor that the insinuation “that Newsmax is asking candidates to advertise in order to ensure coverage as some quid pro quo … is categorically untrue and incorrect. Newsmax would take an assertion such as that very seriously. There is no correlation between advertising and editorial visibility for any candidate on Newsmax.”

“If candidates want to reach our audience outside of our programming, then, of course, advertising would be a good way for them to do this. That is the basis of all political advertising,” he said. :snippity: :snippity:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

bad news for the Biden crime family - more bank records to be searched

Return to “Current Politics”