Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:29 pm Way too many shades of gray for Guttfeld.
Yeah, a simple Fuck You would have sufficed.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I think Garland and Wray brought a tear to Hannity's eye.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:52 pm
Furthermore, during the final stages of the Holocaust, as the Nazi system was collapsing, concentration camp prisoners were evacuated to shrinking camp systems, resulting in the death of many. In these circumstances, being useful did not offer protection either.
Some Jews were stuck in Train Carriages, continuously being driven in circles, at the end of the war too. And were rescued directly from those train carriages.

But again, this appeals to the idea of "Fortune being a sign of Gods favour" that is prevalent in certain circles, which has been morphed into the western idea of "Karma" in order to be more secular while continuing the same attitude. If you died, it is because you didn't try hard enough, just like if you fail at an MLM it's because you didn't try hard enough.

So the deserving lived. The undeserving got tossed. If you had the brains and strength and sheer gumption to made yourself useful then you lived. So, it's your fault, losers.
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

A little predestination, a little prosperity gospel thrown in.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... a56e&ei=33
Fox News host Greg Gutfeld didn’t understand the problem with ex-President Donald Trump trying to destroy evidence, as he is alleged to have done, reasoning that the surveillance tapes in question are Trump’s property.

News broke Thursday afternoon that Special Counsel Jack Smith has filed three additional charges against Trump: one additional count of unlawful retention of National Defense Information and two new obstruction counts based on allegations that Trump and co-defendants Walt Nauta and Carlos De Oliveira attempted to delete surveillance video footage at The Mar-a-Lago Club in the summer of 2022.

On Friday’s edition of Fox News Channel’s The Five, Gutfeld — recently the subject of widespread criticism for offensive comments about the Holocaust in defense of teaching the benefits of skills learned during slavery — suggested that the new charges were a response to the Hunter Biden plea deal falling apart, and wondered what the big deal about conspiring to destroy evidence of a crime is anyway if it’s your own footage:

And this is amazing timing. Timing, as the, as the, Hunter’s plea deal falls apart, that suddenly these new charges on Trump just happen to arrive.

And then what are they about, surveillance cameras? What’s wrong with that? What’s wrong with like, are those yours? Why can’t you? Why can’t you clear them? I don’t understand that.

They’re not like other people’s emails that you then, you know, disappear. But I’ll leave that for another time because I’m not a lawyer.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:34 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... a56e&ei=33
Fox News host Greg Gutfeld didn’t understand the problem with ex-President Donald Trump trying to destroy evidence, as he is alleged to have done, reasoning that the surveillance tapes in question are Trump’s property.

<snippety>

And then what are they about, surveillance cameras? What’s wrong with that? What’s wrong with like, are those yours? Why can’t you? Why can’t you clear them? I don’t understand that.

They’re not like other people’s emails that you then, you know, disappear. But I’ll leave that for another time because I’m not a lawyer.
The metastiziation of weaponized incompetence. "I don't understand it, so it can't be a crime. And therefore it's a crime for you to call it a crime."
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

The amount keeps increasing!
IMG_5462.jpeg
IMG_5462.jpeg (140.03 KiB) Viewed 1830 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:brickwallsmall:
Jonathan Turley: The Bidens have always been in the business of influence peddling

Mon, July 31, 2023 at 9:38 PM GMT+2

Constitutional law attorney and Fox News contributor Jonathan Turley argues on ‘America Reports’ that the ‘object’ of Hunter Biden’s ‘brand’ was Joe Biden.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jonathan-tur ... 32984.html
(original: Fox News)
(that's all)
DrConspiracy
Verified:

Post by DrConspiracy »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:42 pm
Kendra wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:34 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... a56e&ei=33

<snippety>

The metastiziation of weaponized incompetence. "I don't understand it, so it can't be a crime. And therefore it's a crime for you to call it a crime."
So if deleting your server is OK, what exactly was all that "LOCK HER UP" stuff about?

Historical note: Clinton's office told the server manager, according to his sworn testimony before Congress under a grant of immunity, to retain the emails, but he deleted them because he was supposed to have deleted them previously but didn't do it.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:biggrin:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/gr ... 4ad4&ei=19
Fox News Greg Gutfeld"hates" being a head shorter than his co-hosts, according to a report which claimed that he has a "Napoleon complex" due to his stature.

The media personality, 58, stands 5-foot-5 and makes efforts to boost his height, network insiders claimed. "He acts like the cat that ate the canary because he's the best thing FOX has at the moment," a well-placed source said, RadarOnline.com has learned. "Everyone around him knows how insecure he is over his height."

Gutfeld, who co-hosts on The Five, won't stand next to "tall people in photo ops, and they pad his chair with pillows during interviews and broadcasts, so he looks taller on TV," said the tipster.

"He also puffs up his hair to give himself an inch, or two if he's lucky, and no one would be surprised if he wears lifts in his shoes like other vertically challenged guys."
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm short, 5 ft-ish. My first husband was 5'5" and was fine with it. We had two kids, the oldest is 5' 2", the second a few inches taller.

Oldest made his peace with his height and learned young that if he made jokes about his height first, nobody else could land a punch.

He was a Navy corpsman embedded with the marines during the Fallujah/Ramadi push and although there were a few digs early on about his height, once they were taking fire and they needed a medic, all that disappeared.

His first wife was shorter but now he's single. In his dating app, he listed himself as "Short. Not Tom Cruise short, really short." His now-fiance towers over him in her bare feet and she rocks the high heels when they go out.

I guess my point is being short is only a problem if you make it a problem. Sure, there are days I see tall, lithe models and dream. Then I remember that, when the plane lands, I can stand up at my window seat to stretch my legs and not hit my head.

Gutfeld is an ass. But it's sad he's let "society" define his masculinity by his height.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Looks like One American News (@OANN) has abruptly shuttered ints Tallahassee office.

Am told staff was reassigned and all equipment was boxed up today.

#FlaPol
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

OAN rented the wrong office. To be successful it was supposed to rent 666.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

poplove wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:20 am
Looks like One American News (@OANN) has abruptly shuttered ints Tallahassee office.

Am told staff was reassigned and all equipment was boxed up today.

#FlaPol
running away from the leprosy?
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Fox is apparently spluttering with no idea how to spin the indightment. "The DOJ IS BIDEN HQ!"

Fox01.jpg
Fox01.jpg (49.36 KiB) Viewed 1569 times
They seem to have gone back to screaming about Hunter. As if anyone cares at this point.

From a discord channel I'm on "10 minute Fox TLDR: DOJ Biden HQ, Hunter was spared, Attack against free speech, Silly to Indite as you have to prove he is guilty, and no point in a criminal case as will go to Supreme Court"
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Sounds like the crazy will continue on Bartiromo's show. She just previewed her guests and among them is MTG, I believe to discuss concerns around China and Pres. Biden being compromised.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Kendra wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:48 am Sounds like the crazy will continue on Bartiromo's show. She just previewed her guests and among them is MTG, I believe to discuss concerns around China and Pres. Biden being compromised.
I guess I misread/heard a couple of months ago. I thought she was getting caned/fired. She's still here. :shock:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I recall the same rumors, but she's still there and still spewing the whack-a-doodle nonsense :mad:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 7f3b&ei=24
Brit Hume, longtime host and analyst at Fox News, had a blunt reply to a right-wing pundit’s claim about Donald Trump.

“If Trump was such a failed president, why are they doing everything they possibly can to prevent a second term of Trump?” asked Charlie Kirk, a longtime Trump backer and founder of the right-wing youth group Turning Point USA.

“Oh, I don’t know,” Hume replied sarcastically on X, formerly Twitter. “Maybe they don’t want a repeat of a failed presidency. Just guessing here.”
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Kendra wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:34 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 7f3b&ei=24
Brit Hume, longtime host and analyst at Fox News, had a blunt reply to a right-wing pundit’s claim about Donald Trump.

“If Trump was such a failed president, why are they doing everything they possibly can to prevent a second term of Trump?” asked Charlie Kirk, a longtime Trump backer and founder of the right-wing youth group Turning Point USA.

“Oh, I don’t know,” Hume replied sarcastically on X, formerly Twitter. “Maybe they don’t want a repeat of a failed presidency. Just guessing here.”
Good Answer!
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

So...I decided to pop over to the Fox News website and see how they're reporting on today's news. Currently, at the very tippy top of the headlines was this. :roll:
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (502.46 KiB) Viewed 1275 times
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Cross-posting on RonJohn's thread on the appropriate board, but also here.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ron-johns ... -news-rant

Since this happened on Maria Bartiromo's show, and she's famous for stuff like this, I'm proposing the FB lexicon now include the phrase "Bartshit" to describe such crazy rants. Will anyone second?

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:47 am Cross-posting on RonJohn's thread on the appropriate board, but also here.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ron-johns ... -news-rant
Of course, Johnson failed to mention a single member of this “elite group” that has such an influence over the nation, and suggested no motive for them wanting to take “total control” over our lives and freedoms, either.
Oh, we have our reasons.... and you better just not worry about what they are.

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:12 am Oh, we have our reasons.... and you better just not worry about what they are.
In the words of my own space laser-wielding people, "Look at that punim." How could one worry?

Return to “Current Politics”