trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
jemcanada2

trump (the former guy, defamer, and rapist)

Post by jemcanada2 »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:41 pm

I had heard on MSNBC this morning that the venue was full, but this doesn't look like it.
They’re just social distancing because of Covid! You know how seriously MAGAts take such things. :liar: :liar: :lol: :lol:
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:rotflmao:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 0d1f&ei=23
A Pennsylvania state judge ruled Monday that an election worker cannot sue former President Trump over statements he made sowing doubt in the 2020 election results while in office, finding the statements are protected by presidential immunity.

Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas Judge Michael Erdos said Trump’s immunity covered a tweet he issued and comments he made remotely from the White House during a Pennsylvania state Senate committee hearing in November 2020. The statements, made without evidence, claimed fraud in Pennsylvania’s election tabulations.

“Other legal proceedings may examine the propriety of his statements and actions while he was the President and whether, as the plaintiffs in this and other cases contend, it was this conduct which served as the actual threat to our democracy,” Erdos ruled. “But this case is not the proper place to do so. Here, Trump is entitled to Presidential immunity.”

James Savage, a Pennsylvania voting machine supervisor in the 2020 election, filed two lawsuits — which have since been consolidated — alleging that Trump, Rudy Giuliani, two poll watchers and others conspired to defame him. Savage says their statements led him to receive death threats and suffer two heart attacks.
bob

Post by bob »

Bloomberg (via Yahoo!): Trump Immune From Suit for Election Comments Made in Office:
A Pennsylvania state court judge ruled that presidential immunity is broad enough to protect Donald Trump’s false claims that the 2020 election was rigged, even if he didn’t really believe the conspiracy.

Judge Michael Erdos in the Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas on Monday granted Trump immunity on two claims made in a 2021 lawsuit by voting-machine supervisor James Savage.

Savage claimed Trump damaged his reputation by falsely claiming he tampered with the 2020 election result, which resulted in death threats and two heart attacks. Savage’s third defamation claim — tied to written remarks Trump made after leaving office — isn’t protected by immunity, the judge said, and survived Trump’s motion to dismiss the case.

“The court made it clear that it is well within the president’s discretion to address the integrity of our election without fear of liability,” Alina Habba, legal spokeswoman for Trump, said in a statement. “We expect that the rest of Mr. Savage’s claims will similarly be disposed of as they are without merit.”

At issue were two allegedly defamatory statements made by Trump in November 2020 — one during a speech in Gettysburg and another in a post on social media. A third statement by Trump about the Pennsylvania vote was made in a public letter to House lawmakers probing the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol, after he left office.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 234798826/
DONALD TRUMP’S ATTORNEYS are preparing a legal plan to shovel blame onto the lawyers who aided his attempt to overturn the 2020 election, two sources familiar with the matter tell Rolling Stone.

Trump is on the cusp of being indicted over Jan. 6 and its surrounding events, and if the case goes to trial, his current legal team is preparing an “advice of counsel” argument, attempting to pull blame away from the former president for any possible illegal activity. Plans for such a defense have been percolating since last year, the two sources say.

Several lawyers in Trump’s ever-shifting legal orbit spent time both this and last year quietly studying past high-profile cases involving this particular line of defense. The attorneys tried to game out how such an argument would fare in front of a judge or a jury.

In the aftermath of Joe Biden’s 2020 election victory, Trump had an armada of lawyers — some officially representing him, and some simply aligned with him — spreading unhinged conspiracy theories and pushing states to reverse the results: Rudy Giuliani. Sidney Powell. John Eastman. The list goes on and on.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Some lawyers told him it was nonsense. How does that work?
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

But didn't he say last week that his lawyers convinced them not to indict?
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

BOOM

The mother fucker is indicted for Jan 6
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I'd like to see him indicted for treason, but I guess that's not gonna happen.

But :popcorn: for now.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

sad-cafe wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:49 pm BOOM

The mother fucker is indicted for Jan 6
Well said!

:hittingthefan:
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

:rotflmao:
“Dances With Indictments”
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

F2jv1CPWcAA77i5.jpg
F2jv1CPWcAA77i5.jpg (54.76 KiB) Viewed 844 times

The words "Screwing your wife" come to mind.
Hic sunt dracones
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

:clap:
Announcing the newest Law & Order

Special Trump Unit
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Neon approved. :clap: :dance:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Suranis wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:41 pm F2jv1CPWcAA77i5.jpg

The words "Screwing your wife" come to mind.
I was going to say "Living Rent-free in your head, Donald."
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

poplove wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:46 pm :clap:
Announcing the newest Law & Order

Special Trump Unit
I have discovered that tweet quotes with the bird say "quote not available" but if you click on it anyway, the tweet is there. Once I've clicked through, it then shows up in your post back here on the board. I realize twitter is fractually fucked at this point anyway, but how many layers of fuckededness can they stack?
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Why do lawyers who know better, almost every time a high profile case is charged, do the "if sentenced consecutively... etc..." and come up with 647 years for something that even if it wasn't front page news would probably draw a perp 5 years give or take?

I can understand the rubes who eat paste and read The New York Post like a newspaper and not the print edition of Fox News, but I see otherwise educated and I guess respected attorneys doing that EVERY SINGLE TIME a case makes the news. They know better, and they're throwing away a very valuable chance to actually inform the marks about something.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Well, there is a little matter of America originally being about tossing the ancestor of those elites out on his ass and in the 250 years since we have kissed and made up more or less. We were in ANTIFA together, after all.

But not enough for America to tolerate a King.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

I am triggered! You can see I am triggered as I had no clue "king trump" was trending on Elmo's twiX place.

And I am losing my ***** (what is a 5 letter word for in that?) because I am all so triggered?

Myself and others had a good laugh. Next up, I have Georgia peaches on my mind. :daydreaming:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

And I am losing my ***** (what is a 5 letter word for in that?) because I am all so triggered?
Feces
Stool
Dooki
Flush

:whistle:

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... index.html
A day after being arraigned for the third time, former President Donald Trump complained about the time and cost spent on his many legal battles and called on the Supreme Court to “intercede."

"My political opponent has hit me with a barrage of weak lawsuits, including D.A., A.G., and others, which require massive amounts of my time & money to adjudicate,” Trump complained on Truth Social. “Resources that would have gone into Ads and Rallies, will now have to be spent fighting these Radical Left Thugs in numerous courts throughout the Country. I am leading in all Polls, including against Crooked Joe, but this is not a level playing field. It is Election Interference, & the Supreme Court must intercede.”

Trump pleaded not guilty Thursday to four criminal charges related to special counsel Jack Smith’s investigation into attempts to overturn the 2020 presidential election.

After the hearing, Trump criticized the latest charges and described the indictment as “a persecution of a political opponent."

“This is a persecution of a political opponent. This was never supposed to happen in America,” Trump said while giving brief remarks Thursday before boarding his private plane back to New Jersey. “This is the persecution of the person that's leading by very, very substantial numbers in the Republican primary and leading Biden by a lot. So if you can't beat him you persecute him or you prosecute him. We can't let this happen in America.”

Trump is expected to speak tonight at the Alabama GOP summer dinner in Montgomery.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

He is astonished that playing a mobster at national level rather than small city NY comes with a different price tag :?:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Kendra wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:07 pm https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... index.html

After the hearing, Trump criticized the latest charges and described the indictment as “a persecution of a political opponent."

“This is a persecution of a political opponent. This was never supposed to happen in America,” Trump said while giving brief remarks Thursday before boarding his private plane back to New Jersey. “This is the persecution of the person that's leading by very, very substantial numbers in the Republican primary and leading Biden by a lot. So if you can't beat him you persecute him or you prosecute him. We can't let this happen in America.”

Trump is expected to speak tonight at the Alabama GOP summer dinner in Montgomery.
You know what else was never supposed to happen in America? I have a list. There are 44 items on it. I have a second list of 34 things that were never supposed to happen in New York. And I’ll be making a list soon of things that were never supposed to happen in Georgia.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

It's all he knows.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”