US v. Trump - Espionage Act - (9:23-cr-80101) District Court, S.D. Florida

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*

Will this case go to trial before the primary elections?

Yes, and it will be a wonderful circus
23%
No, Judge Cannon will dismiss the case on a motion to dismiss
5%
No, Trump’s attorneys will work out a plea bargain
2%
No, the case will be in the appeals court through the 2024 election
19%
No, Judge Cannon will grant numerous motions to delay the case
29%
No, this case will NEVER go to trial, but I don't know what will happen
8%
Some other option, which I will describe in a post.
3%
Debilitating brain aneurysm
10%

Total votes: 124

Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:thumbsup:

:shark2: :shark1:
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

That would be fitting since tfg is a big Shark Week fan. Poor tfg! Hoisted on his own dorsal fin.

:shark2: :shark2:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

From 5 years back.

101010 :towel:
Wendybird

Post by Wendybird »

To me, another reason his lawyer is asking for cameras in the courtroom is so when it is denied he can claim to his idiot followers "they don't want you to see!"
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
There's gotta be some sorta rule against being chased by sharks on the golf course. I mean, that's worser than Sharknado!
You are what you eat.
Last night I was a chicken quesadilla.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:50 am
Off Topic
There's gotta be some sorta rule against being chased by sharks on the golf course. I mean, that's worser than Sharknado!
The worser must be to have a loud speaker shriek the Baby Shark Song out over the greens :lol:

(yeah - I had to strongly contain myself from posting a certain youtube video ;) )
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

neonzx wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:17 am Hey, did you know this is Shark Week? (July 23 - 30)

tfg hates sharks.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Eight search warrants issued in Trump classified documents case, new filings show
Prosecutors argued that seven additional warrants should be kept secret.

Eight search warrants and affidavits were filed in connection with the federal case involving former President Donald Trump's mishandling of classified documents that resulted in a slew of criminal charges against him, according to recently unsealed court motions.

The motions were filed in connection with the ongoing efforts by media organizations, including NBC News, to obtain access to much of the information in the search warrant served on Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence in Palm Beach, Fla., last year.

Prosecutors filed a motion in June with the federal court overseeing the case, requesting permission to disclose the warrants and accompanying documents to the legal teams representing Trump and his aide Walt Nauta as part of disclosure requirements now that both men have been charged.

In that motion, which was unsealed on Tuesday, prosecutors said they have not disclosed the contents or locations or devices sought by those search warrants publicly and they asked the court to keep the details of those warrants under wraps.
:snippity:
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... -rcna96228
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I LUV SHARK WEEK!!!! :shark2: :shark2: :shark2:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

Alayna Treene @alaynatreene wrote: NEWS: Special counsel Jack Smith has charged a third defendant, Carlos De Oliveira, in the Trump Mar-a-Lago classified documents case, according to court files
https://twitter.com/alaynatreene/status ... 80864?s=20
bob

Post by bob »

Special couArizonack Smith has charged a third defendant, Carlos De Oliveira, in the Trump Mar-a-Lago classified documents case, according to court files
CNN:
De Oliveira was the maintenance worker who helped Nauta move boxes of classified documents around Mar-a-Lago after the Justice Department first subpoenaed Trump for classified documents last May.

CNN has previously reported that surveillance footage turned over to the Justice Department showed Nauta and De Oliveira, moving document boxes around the resort, including into a storage room just before Trump lawyer Evan Corcoran searched it for classified documents.

De Oliveira spoke to investigators earlier this year and his phone had been seized.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

It's the pool guy, apparently.
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status ... 14272?s=20
Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1 wrote: A third defendant has been added to the Trump classified documents case. Carlos De Oliveira has been added to the docket charging Trump and Walt Nauta.

NYT identified Carlos Deoliveira as the worker who drained the pool at Mar-a-Lago in October and, in the process, flooded the room where surveillance footage is kept.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Superseding indictment with additional obstruction charges against Trump and nauta

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona

"Deleting tapes?" :thumbsup:

Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Holy fuck. Justice department got another subpoena for all the video footage on June 22nd of last year. Trumps lawyers were informed and just 5 days later de oliviera is talking to another employee about how Trump wanted the server deleted. It's such irony that trumps next campaign will be dominated by talks of a server. Also of note the Iran document that Trump talked about and shared has been added to trumps charges
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Steven is one of T****'s press slaves. Congratulated him since they say every Indictment makes him stronger.

They must be really hoping for Bedminster charges, and of course the J6/Overturn Election charges. He will just keep getting more powerful until he explodes like the "one more mint" guy in the Monty Python movie.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Drain the swamp... drain the pool same thing right?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

ETTD

Crazy. Everything was quieting down since we weren't going to get the J6 indictment today. In the 30 or so minutes it took me to leave the office, drop off the outgoing mail and drive home and turn on the teevee, and :shit: is hitting the fan again.
Wintermute
Verified:

Post by Wintermute »

Best birthday present ever. :thumbsup: :biggrin: :popcorn:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Wintermute wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:15 pm Best birthday present ever. :thumbsup: :biggrin: :popcorn:
Happy Birthday!!!!!!
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Poor tfg can't catch a break, this isn't the first time he's had evidence he was supposed to turn over get flooded out and ruined.
Revealed: Mar-a-Lago wasn't the first time Trump 'evidence' was flooded

Donald Trump has been here before — 35 years ago — with an investigation. Then a flood in a room with evidence.

It happened when auditors in New York City spent two years probing more than $3 million in unpaid rent the city was expecting from Trump’s Grand Hyatt hotel from operations in 1986.

That flood was detailed in David Cay Johnston's 2016 book "The Making of Donald Trump," and reported by CBS News at the time in the context of then-candidate Trump refusing to release his tax returns, purportedly because he was being audited. It said the two-year audit of Trump’s hotel from the late 1980s involved “stonewalling, disorganization and obfuscation at every turn.”
“In September, 1988, the Hotel informed us that it could not locate seven of the twelve monthly general ledgers, because they ‘were discarded after they were severely damaged by water when the room in which they were stored was flooded,’” the report said.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA1ccvoJ
raison de arizona

Andrew Weissmann (weissmann11 on Threads)🌻 @AWeissmann_ wrote: This is Chutzpah with a capitol C: in new FLA filing, Trump objects to reviewing and talking abt classified docs in a SCIF and wants to be able to do so at MAL or Bedminster. And he is charged with illegal retention of such dox at both locations and repeated acts of obstruction.
https://twitter.com/AWeissmann_/status/ ... 16737?s=20
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Sir, have an indict-mint.

:explode:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I clearly remember stories from staff decades ago who, after trump was told to preserve dox for some NY investigation, were instructed to shred everything. When the search was finally carried out, NY couldn't find anything and so the case was dropped.

I tried to google it but now the Maralago case is all that comes up. I remember the story reported in 2016 when he was a candidate. Anyone else have a clue?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

I dunno Slim, this is the best I can do at the moment: https://dianeravitch.net/2016/10/31/new ... rt-orders/

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”