US v. Trump - Espionage Act - (9:23-cr-80101) District Court, S.D. Florida

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*

Will this case go to trial before the primary elections?

Yes, and it will be a wonderful circus
24%
No, Judge Cannon will dismiss the case on a motion to dismiss
5%
No, Trump’s attorneys will work out a plea bargain
2%
No, the case will be in the appeals court through the 2024 election
20%
No, Judge Cannon will grant numerous motions to delay the case
28%
No, this case will NEVER go to trial, but I don't know what will happen
8%
Some other option, which I will describe in a post.
3%
Debilitating brain aneurysm
11%

Total votes: 123

realist

Post by realist »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:49 pm So the likely GOP candidate will be defending himself in an espionage trial in May, maybe. Theoretically, it could still be going on about the time he’s officially nominated.
IMO even the May date will be pushed farther out.
Image X 4
Image X 32
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/stat ... 38668?s=20
Kaitlan Collins @kaitlancollins wrote: Trump's new attorney John Lauro says the first thing he will ask for are "cameras in the courtroom." "And I would hope that the Department of Justice would join in that effort, so that we can take the curtain away and all Americans can see what's happening."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:46 pm https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/stat ... 38668?s=20
Kaitlan Collins @kaitlancollins wrote: Trump's new attorney John Lauro says the first thing he will ask for are "cameras in the courtroom." "And I would hope that the Department of Justice would join in that effort, so that we can take the curtain away and all Americans can see what's happening."
Bring it!!!!
https://media.giphy.com/media/h2SvNNwCN ... -large.gif
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
cjroberts
Verified:

Post by cjroberts »

Make it pay per view and apply the proceeds towards Soros bucks matching funds,
Go Land Crabs!
somerset

Post by somerset »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:46 pm https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/stat ... 38668?s=20
Ugh. Remember that third-rate judges like to play to the camera. See: Ito, Lance. Do you think for a second that Aileen Cannon is going to behave any better?
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

somerset wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:05 pm
Ugh. Remember that third-rate judges like to play to the camera. See: Ito, Lance. Do you think for a second that Aileen Cannon is going to behave any better?
No. Actually, I expect far worse.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Would be nice, but I not see the judge allowing the courtroom to be turned into a media circus by TFG.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Why would Trump want cameras in the courtroom? Does he think the cameras are going to be focused upon HIM as he simpers and preens for them? The cameras, if any, will be focused upon the witness testifying. There will not be Hollywood production values and cutaways to film Trump's reaction every minute. I don't expect Trump to attend the trial at all unless forced on some occasions. So how do cameras in the courtroom benefit him? I iz confused.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Agree. They have solid evidence. Why would he want everyone to see it?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Er, coz narcissist??
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Clips of his enemies to show how they have betrayed their beloved leader…
So as to rile his followers up against them.
June bug

Post by June bug »

SuzieC wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:24 pm Why would Trump want cameras in the courtroom? Does he think the cameras are going to be focused upon HIM as he simpers and preens for them? The cameras, if any, will be focused upon the witness testifying. There will not be Hollywood production values and cutaways to film Trump's reaction every minute. I don't expect Trump to attend the trial at all unless forced on some occasions. So how do cameras in the courtroom benefit him? I iz confused.
On “All In”, an IAAL surmised one problem for the DOJ in televised coverage is the exponentially wider exposure of classified material. He surmised Trump’s attorneys could be trying to keep DOJ from using some of the evidence they have, for fear of greater harm to national security. He called it “graymail”.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Dave from down under wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:53 pm Clips of his enemies to show how they have betrayed their beloved leader…
So as to rile his followers up against them.
Yep.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Ah, yes, that.

I couldn't figure it.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Honestly, I think he'd prefer to lie about everything connected with the trial, and wouldn't want to be contradicted by the cameras.

But again, this is just sideshow bullshit. I don't think any federal courts allow cameras, do they? They didn't used to. :shrug:

Let's focus on getting to an actual trial first. That May date isn't going to be the trial date. It will be pushed back, and I would bet some cash today that the case will NEVER go to trial. Not doing any real wagering of money on Fogbow, but just showing y'all how strongly I believe.

I believe 1) there will be no trial, and 2) it won't matter much, in the larger scheme of things.

And since there won't be a trial, there won't be cameras in the courtroom during the trial. :nope:

Prove me wrong. :lol:
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

No one can prove you wrong, Foggy. But it is on the Federal Court docket now and it will proceed as most cases do, I think. What would take it off the docket? 1- a plea deal. NOT HAPPENING. 2- Trump getting elected, dropping all charges, and pardoning himself if convicted. Nightmarish scenario but possible.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

3 - case dismissed by Judge Cannon. Appealed, reinstated, she dismisses it again. She can keep it going a long time.

4 - case becomes moot upon death or disability (e.g., stroke) of the defendant. :pray:

Just sayin' ...
bob

Post by bob »

Foggy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:20 pm 3 - case dismissed by Judge Cannon. Appealed, reinstated, she dismisses it again. She can keep it going a long time.

4 - case becomes moot upon death or disability (e.g., stroke) of the defendant.
Or 3 + 4: Adverse ruling from Cannon, which is appealed, but then abated due to death or disability/competency.
Image ImageImage
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, but I hope I'm wrong and it does go to trial, with courtroom cameras. I would sincerely love to be wrong. Maybe I'm just not willing to count on a trial, because it would be so incredible. I'm not gonna open myself up emotionally like that.

But please, someone prove me wrong. :pray:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I do believe that by May 2024, Trump will be the winner of enough primaries and caucuses to be mathematically unbeatable for the Republican nomination for president. But he'd only be the "presumptive" nominee.

And I believe he will file some sort of motion based on his constant cries of "Election Interference!" Which is complicated by the fact that he won't be the official nominee until the convention.

So, with the percentage of my confidence in any of these actually occurring ...

1. Trump files motion to delay the trial until after the election because of election interference - 100%

2. Judge Cannon grants the motion - 75%

3. The gubbermint immediately appeals 100% (if Cannon grants the motion)

4. The 5th Circuit reverses, but now we're really getting closer to November - 100%

5. Trump's campaign speeches and his comments at the presidential debates do not fairly represent the facts of the trial, the testimony and physical evidence, and most especially the law. Everything he says is wrong and stupid and dishonest and everybody knows it. 100%

6. So it doesn't really matter if it doesn't go to trial. Joe Biden will know how to press his advantages. I have to believe there is still sanity in the world, and that means he can't be re-elected even if the case never goes to trial and he screams about his innocence every day until the election. 100%

7. :pray:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I’m so old I remember when people decided to vote for Trump over Hillary because she was about to be indicted any day. Good times.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Who can guess what the Canon will do..
Lansdowne

Post by Lansdowne »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:13 pm I’m so old I remember when people decided to vote for Trump over Hillary because she was about to be indicted any day. Good times.
Thank you for mentioning that. As an uninformed non American, I assumed that Durham or some such investigation would explore the sequence of events where the FBI made public statements that Hillary was being investigated, at the exact time when early voting was beginning. Was that never probed?
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

SuzieC wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:24 pm Why would Trump want cameras in the courtroom? Does he think the cameras are going to be focused upon HIM as he simpers and preens for them? The cameras, if any, will be focused upon the witness testifying. There will not be Hollywood production values and cutaways to film Trump's reaction every minute. I don't expect Trump to attend the trial at all unless forced on some occasions. So how do cameras in the courtroom benefit him? I iz confused.
Simple: It's ACT III of his shaped reality show.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Hey, did you know this is Shark Week? (July 23 - 30)

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”