John Durham's Investigation & Hannity's Delusional Operation Boomerang

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Statement on Report by Special Counsel John Durham
The conduct in 2016 and 2017 that Special Counsel Durham examined was the reason that current FBI leadership already implemented dozens of corrective actions, which have now been in place for some time. Had those reforms been in place in 2016, the missteps identified in the report could have been prevented. This report reinforces the importance of ensuring the FBI continues to do its work with the rigor, objectivity, and professionalism the American people deserve and rightly expect.
https://www.fbi.gov/news/press-releases ... ohn-durham
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Just my arrogant opinion but sounds like the short version is: I was humiliated by two acquittals so I'm going to make up a bunch of shit that the minions will never bother to verify.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Deadline White House @DeadlineWH wrote: "John Durham, once highly respected hard-nosed prosecutor... has twisted himself into a pretzel in an attempt to deliver what he could not deliver. The goal was to rack up many, many indictments... he's failed miserably" - @FrankFigliuzzi1 w/ @NicolleDWallace
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

That was John Durham's Last Edition (See what Indictment my Indictment was In).

This is the First Edition.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Fig :dance: Andrew :dance:

"What's unbelievable about John Durham is he brought two cases that he lost... was ok to bring a case even though it was really thin and not really provable, as long as you have some other story... that's not was criminal cases are for" -
@AWeissmann_
w/
@NicolleDWallace
raison de arizona

Incidentally, this guy has been palling around with tfg lately. According to him.
https://twitter.com/DC_Draino/status/16 ... 35299?s=20
DC_Draino @DC_Draino wrote: Friendly reminder that Trump has a defamation lawsuit against CNN for defaming him about Russia collusion

He wants $475 million in punitive damages

After Durham’s report, I’d say that his chances of winning nearly half a billion dollars just improved
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3672 ... efamation/
► Show Spoiler
raison de arizona

Trump says there 'must be a heavy price to pay' for Comey, Democrats after release of Durham report
Durham's report found DOJ, FBI 'failed to uphold' mission of 'strict fidelity to the law' in Trump-Russia probe

Former President Trump said Monday that former FBI Director James Comey and Democrats need to be held accountable for spending years investigating alleged collusion between Trump and Russia now that Special Counsel John Durham has released a report that says the Trump-Russia probe never should have been launched.

"I, and much more importantly, then American public have been victims of this long-running and treasonous charade started by the Democrats — started by Comey," Trump told Fox News Digital. "There must be a heavy price to pay for putting our country through this."

Durham's report found that the Department of Justice and FBI "failed to uphold their mission of strict fidelity to the law" when it launched the Trump-Russia investigation.

In an exclusive interview with Fox News Digital, Trump said the activities surrounding the FBI's original Trump-Russia investigation were "a total disgrace," and said "public anger over this report is at a level that I have not seen before."

"This report took a long time because John Durham is a very thorough investigator," Trump said. "But the result is unequivocal and an absolute disaster in terms of justice."

Trump added that "the national security implications of what they did are very grave."

"It turned out to be a giant and very dangerous hoax,
" he said, adding that he would have "further comment in the near future."
:snippity:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... ham-report
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

"Mr Trump had hoped Mr Durham would release his report ahead of the 2020 election, in what he thought would be a blow to President Joe Biden's campaign.

But Mr Durham's investigation has largely failed to produce a meaningful impact, after two separate juries acquitted both defendants he tried to prosecute in 2022."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-05-16/ ... /102349794
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

I'm at the gym Jesse waters is running with the fbi shut down the Clinton investigation that they were told to. Also biden admin supposedly obstructed Durham. Durham had nothing all along
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

@RonFilipkowski
So, John Durham spent $7 million to get no convictions while exhaustively seeking to prove the Trump Russian pee tape was fake. Money well spent.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

What a HUGE WIN for Sean Hannity and OPERATION BOOMERANG!!

Another Trophy to go with Uranium One, Benghazi, Fast and Furious, the Laptop From Hell... his viewers should be so proud that he discussed these topics literally hundreds of times on his TV and radio shows and there were so many Ws.

Shockingly, many MAGAts are tweeting despair and disappointment. How could that be?
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

this is as brazen a lie as anything Maria Bartiromo has said on air -- and that's really saying something
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I thought this was a good recap of the major points. Thread is 20 tweets long. Hope some of you find it useful:

Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

FBI Analyst: Sir, thé Republic is in grave danger. We’ve intercepted communications that suggest Russian interference in our elections. The trigger on the plot is set to be pulled day after tomorrow. We must act now!!

Supervisor: Good work, Jonesie. Let’s go to lunch and discuss it and then you can take the rest of the week, no month, off. You must be tired. Then we can get to work confirming everything.
raison de arizona

RWNJs have been circling the wagons. Hearing a lot of talk about Hillary Clinton needing to be arrested based on the Durham report, along with Comey and McCabe.
Mike Rothschild (no relation) @rothschildmd wrote: Elected official says if arbitrary arrests aren't made because of a bogus report by a disgraced investigator, America should become some sort of monarchal dictatorship.
The Recount @therecount wrote: Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-AL) tries to sell the Durham FBI report about the Trump-Russia investigation as a smoking gun:

“If people don’t go to jail for this, the American people should just stand up and say, ‘Listen, enough’s enough. Let’s don’t have elections anymore.’”
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://mastodon.social/@Pwnallthething ... 2924707007
Pwnallthethings
@Pwnallthethings@mastodon.social

Fully 294 pages into the 316-page #Durham review and then it just concedes that the predication of Cross Fire Hurricane was validly predicated because of the low standard required, as was independently confirmed by OIG, and that it could have been opened under any of several different justifications ¯\_(ツ)_/

Durham01.jpg
Durham01.jpg (296.02 KiB) Viewed 979 times
Durham02.jpg
Durham02.jpg (175.01 KiB) Viewed 979 times
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I only caught the last bit from F&F/Brian Kilmeade doing a *cough* factual *cough* run down of what we've learned over the last two days and I heard him name Paul Manafort - "not quilty" (wasn't he convicted by a jury of his peers?), MIchael Flynn - "not guilty" (didn't he plea guilty?). There were a few more names, but you get the gist of it.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

They didn't get the memo that "pardoned" does not mean "Not guilty."
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Those are just flat out falsehoods. I love the First Amendment, but I wish we could do something with straight out lies.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Peter Strzok says he is misquoted in Durham's report. I can't remember which show he was interviewed on where he says he did NOT make that statement about the investigation. He made that statement about a single aspect of the investigation. Huge difference.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

We know Durham’s investigation started with his conclusion which he had to rewrite every time an investigation proved him wrong.

Is there anyone believable who can do pushback on this crap? I just don’t get how they continue to lie about everything with no consequences :cantlook:

Dont tell me First Amendment*. SCOTUS prevented that Hillary movie from airing in 2016.

*Narrator: She knows, she’s just so damn sick and tired of the lies and bad feeling that abounds.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

So, 2 of my facebook fans posted links which based on the headline meant that they said the report proved that the report said that investigation into trump should not have happened. Sop having had time to read the links I thought I would show how they did

Headlines first and what was buried in the text after

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/05/15/poli ... index.html
CNN Special counsel John Durham concludes FBI never should have launched full Trump-Russia probe

"Despite acknowledging the FBI had sufficient reason to open a preliminary assessment or at most a preliminary investigation..."
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA1bdUqa
MSN Durham Report Finds FBI Did Not Have Enough 'Factual Evidence' to Investigate Trump 2016 Campaign

"After three years, the Barr-appointed special counsel concluded that, in his opinion, the "speed and manner" in which the FBI opened a full investigation was ill-advised and not based on the merit of evidence collected at that time." Speed and manner critisised, The fact that they launched an investigation was not.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/after-4-year- ... d=99338300
ABC After 4-year probe, Durham report slams FBI for actions in 2016 Russia investigation

"While Durham does not appear to say outright that the FBI's Russia investigation should not have been launched,..."
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-durha ... stigation/
CBS - Durham report finds FBI "failed to uphold its mission" in handling of Trump-Russia probe

"The special counsel said the FBI had an "obligation" to look at the allegations, but it did not perform full due diligence in opening the probe." That means the investigation should have been started.
So ya, the awesome power of clickbait headlines is displayed for all to see.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

It’s the goddamn media.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

I copied the following diredtly from the report and posted it in a comment thread on Facebook and was told: "that's not true!"

:rotflmao:
The FBI opened the Crossfire Hurricane investigation as a full investigation “to determine whether individual(s) associated with the Trump campaign are witting of and/or coordinating activities with the Government of Russia.” As described in section III the standard for opening a full investigation is an articulable factual basis for the investigation that reasonably indicates that… “[a]n activity constituting a federal crime or a threat to the national security… is or may be occurring… and the investigation may obtain information relating to the activity.”

The information that the FBI learned in July 2016 was that a Trump campaign advisor had suggested to the Australian diplomats that the campaign “had received some kind of suggestion from Russia that it could assist” the campaign. The OIG Review found that the FBI met the requirements of the AGG Dom because the “articulable factual basis” standard for opening the investigation is a “low” one and the information from Australia, at least when considered along with what was known about Russia's efforts to interfere with the 2016 U.S. elections, met that standard. We are not confident, however, that this is the case. Our investigation gathered evidence that showed that a number of those closest to the investigation believed that the standard arguably had not been met. For example, both Supervisory Special Agent-1 and UK ALAT-1 described the predication for the investigation as thin. Even Strzok, who both drafted and approved the Opening EC said that “there's nothing to this, but we have to run it to ground.” Strzok' s view would seem to dictate the opening of the matter as an assessment or, at most, as a preliminary investigation.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:33 am Is there anyone believable who can do pushback on this crap? I just don’t get how they continue to lie about everything with no consequences :cantlook:
Emptywheel has been on fire pointing out the factual inaccuracies in the Durham report, which are legion:
Emptywheel
Also see her last few days of Twitter Posts: Emptywheel Twitter

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”