Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:55 pm Kendra seems to be immune to the Foxes. Thank goodness!

I do keep an eye on her though for signs she’s had too much exposure. So far, she’s all good. :thumbsup:

Thank you for your service, Kendra. :bighug:
Pssst!! Don't tell anyone, but it the best network to put me back to sleep in the morning. Moar crap from F&F.

Duffy: These are people who don’t care about the government. This is the ends justifies the means Gen Z Marxist indoctrinated young people and it’s shameful that they’re being reinforced by our own VP
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

“Shame on those politicians.. all three of them.. Biden’s going to host them at The White House?!? Are you kidding me?!?”
Is it just me, or is Fox struggling over a narrative on this story that works? :think:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Kendra wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:11 pm Is it just me, or is Fox struggling over a narrative on this story that works? :think:
Its why they try and create the narrative so much and have politicians react to them. If they have to actually react to events they start floundering. They like to create a pan network lie and give it to all their mouthpieces to parrot. But when they are in boardrooms trying to hammer out an effective lie, they leave their people sitting having to lie by themselves and the result is a fragmented message.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Kendra wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:08 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:55 pm Kendra seems to be immune to the Foxes. Thank goodness!

I do keep an eye on her though for signs she’s had too much exposure. So far, she’s all good. :thumbsup:

Thank you for your service, Kendra. :bighug:
Pssst!! Don't tell anyone, but it the best network to put me back to sleep in the morning. Moar crap from F&F.

Duffy: These are people who don’t care about the government. This is the ends justifies the means Gen Z Marxist indoctrinated young people and it’s shameful that they’re being reinforced by our own VP
How dare they want to make the 1st Grade safer than the 101st Airborne.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Oh...

Breaking-

Fox SETTLED a 2020 election-related defamation suit filed by a Venezuelan businessman, over voting machine claims.

This is separate from the Dominion suit heading to jury selection this week.

Developing, via
@AlbertoLuperon

@LawCrimeNews
https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/fo ... ion-claim/
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

the article:
Fox settles defamation lawsuit from Venezuelan businessman over broadcast tying him to Dominion election claim

ALBERTO LUPERON
Apr 9th, 2023, 5:42 pm

A Venezuelan business has settled with his defamation lawsuit against Fox News Network and former Fox Business host Lou Dobbs for their coverage of him and voting software companies Dominion and Smartmatic.

In a complaint filed in New York federal court, Majed Khalil sued the Fox Corporation, Fox News Network LLC, Lou Dobbs, and attorney Sidney Powell over a Dec. 10, 2020, broadcast and related Twitter posts. Khalil’s legal team alleged that the interview and related social media promotion disseminated a “lie totally devoid of reality,” vilifying him as one of four people who worked with Dominion and Smartmatic to “rig or fix the results” of the election in favor of President Joe Biden.

Powell succeeded in dismissing the claims against her. Fox News and Dobbs hoped to follow suit by claiming that they were engaging in fair and neutral reporting — and by asserting that the statements of opinion were not actionable.

But U.S. District Judge Louis Stanton brushed aside those defenses in a scathing ruling last year, noting several elections experts had found “no credible evidence” of election fraud when the broadcasts aired.

“Here, Defendants repeatedly maintained their claims about Khalil long after Powell’s election fraud theories were challenged,” his 26-page opinion and order states. “Numerous reports that declared the falsity of the claims against Dominion and Smartmatic and rejected Powell as an accurate source of information gave Defendants reasons to doubt Powell’s veracity and the accuracy of her reports. While the complaint does not allege that the Khalil himself informed Defendants of the falsity of the claims against him, both Smartmatic and Dominion did so. Falsity of the claims against both companies would necessitate falsity of the claims against Plaintiff. Several government agencies stated that there was no evidence of fraud in the election, and even then-President Trump supporters rejected Powell’s accusations.”

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/fo ... ion-claim/
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:groupdance:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Join us tomorrow
@SundayFutures

@FoxNews
10am et
@SarahHuckabee

@RealBenCarson

@RepMcCaul

@HouseForeignGOP

@MilkenInstitute
Ugh. Oh, and I was only awake for a few minutes of F&F before it put me back to sleep, but it did strike me that host Will Caine, when talking about the arrest of the young leaker, really made a loud point of saying alleged. Unlike how many other cases charged where it's guilty guilty guilty! I can't recall if it was during this conversation or another one, but it did pivot quickly to Hillary and her emails!!! :horse:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I keep missing the Sunday Futures things because I am busy working at church. See, there is a benefit to going to church. :mrgreen:
101010 :towel:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

northland10 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:45 pm I keep missing the Sunday Futures things because I am busy working at church. See, there is a benefit to going to church. :mrgreen:
You mean that stuff is on during church time?

Isn't that when Shutins Service is supposed to be on?
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

keith wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:51 pm
northland10 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:45 pm I keep missing the Sunday Futures things because I am busy working at church. See, there is a benefit to going to church. :mrgreen:
You mean that stuff is on during church time?

Isn't that when Shutins Service is supposed to be on?
Off Topic
Come to think of it, I wonder if some of those shut-in services will drop off. Many places, my own included, are still live-streaming our services on Zoom, YouTube, or Facebook. For our parishioners who have difficulty getting to the church sometimes, or health concerns, they can attend on Zoom. It is not as good as the larger places with professional staff to run it (and more professional equipment to do better sound, but it works for now).
101010 :towel:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

The other morning I dreamed Sean Hannity's head had been transplanted onto Tucker Carlson's body.

I've never watched Fox so I can't guess where that came from.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:31 pm The other morning I dreamed Sean Hannity's head had been transplanted onto Tucker Carlson's body.

I've never watched Fox so I can't guess where that came from.
:sick:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

I'm playing the tiniest violin

Dan also has me blocked on twitter.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I hear they need to cut costs.

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Okay, now do Tucker, Hannity, Imgram and the rest of the lying liars. Then try hiring actual journalists for a change and not "personalities" or excessively overpaid "talking heads". .
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

neonzx wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:24 pm Okay, now do Tucker, Hannity, Imgram and the rest of the lying liars. Then try hiring actual journalists for a change and not "personalities" or excessively overpaid "talking heads". .
Judge Jeanine and Baritiromo are about to thrown onto the Rockefeller Center subway station's third rail:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/maria ... r-AA1a6LYj
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

:rotflmao:

Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Flatpoint High wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:41 pm
neonzx wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:24 pm Okay, now do Tucker, Hannity, Imgram and the rest of the lying liars. Then try hiring actual journalists for a change and not "personalities" or excessively overpaid "talking heads". .
Judge Jeanine and Baritiromo are about to thrown onto the Rockefeller Center subway station's third rail:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/maria ... r-AA1a6LYj

Well, bye.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:04 pm :snippity:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

They can replace pirros time slot with a Costco box wine it'll essentially be the same thing
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
much ado

Post by much ado »

:vomit:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

“It would be like a children’s competition allowing adults in”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kilmeade tries repeatedly to get Youngkin to weigh in on the DeSantis/Disney issue.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Not a good week for Murdochs. :daydreaming:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-04-21/ ... /102251072

Fox Corporation chief Lachlan Murdoch has dropped his defamation proceedings against the publisher of online news outlet Crikey and several of its editors and executives.

Key points:
Lachlan Murdoch filed a defamation case in the Federal Court in August
He alleged a June 2022 article published by Crikey caused "serious harm" to his reputation
The proceedings have been dropped days after Fox settled a separate case in the US

Mr Murdoch sued Private Media in the Federal Court in August over an article published by Crikey, claiming it defamed him in referring to his family as "unindicted co-conspirators" in the US Capitol riots.

On Friday his lawyers filed a notice to discontinue the case.

It comes days after Fox settled a defamation case in the US brought by Dominion Voting Systems, for $1.17 billion.

In a statement today, Mr Murdoch's lawyer John Churchill said his client remained confident the court would "ultimately find in his favour" but no longer wished to allow Crikey to use the case to "facilitate a marketing campaign" to boost subscribers.

Private Media has been contacted for comment.

Also named as respondents in the case were Crikey's former editor-in-chief Peter Fray, political editor Bernard Keane — who wrote the article — Private Media chairman Eric Beecher and chief executive Will Hayward.

The publisher maintained in court that the story was not defamatory, and that its contents were in the public interest.

Return to “Current Politics”