Dominion v Fox - Dominion Voting Sues Fox News for $1.6B over 2020 Election Claims in Delaware

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Dominion v Fox - Dominion Voting Sues Fox News for $1.6B over 2020 Election Claims in Delaware

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I tend not to trust Radar Online much, so I'm wondering if there's even a real list for anyone to have leaked or if whomever they spoke to was just saying what they think Murdoch should do - or maybe just talking out their ass. There's not much in the story that gives me confidence in it's veracity.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Post by Foggy »

... nice to dream, tho.
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

I am in the believe it when I see it camp.

Maybe--maybe--the least popular person might not have their contract renewed when it expires. But Hannity has such yuge ratings that Murdoch would be a fool to give him the gate.

Of course if this is true, he could fill those positions with Bannon and Jones for starters. Wouldn't be much of a drop off.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
much ado

Post by much ado »

Another option would be for Murdoch to order people like Hannity to confess and apologize publicly on air on behalf of Fox News or face dismissal. I suspect Murdoch is likely to try something to mitigate his losses, which could be large. Any other ideas?
somerset

Post by somerset »

much ado wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:02 pm Another option would be for Murdoch to order people like Hannity to confess and apologize publicly on air on behalf of Fox News or face dismissal. I suspect Murdoch is likely to try something to mitigate his losses, which could be large. Any other ideas?
Maybe a combination of mitigating losses and refreshing the line-up at the same time? Hannity may still have decent ratings now, but he's getting very "long in tooth." If I'm looking at the next ten years, he isn't part of it. Getting rid of him this way might be less damaging than pushing him out later. Same with Bartiromo and Pirro.
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Post by Slarti the White »

much ado wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:02 pm Another option would be for Murdoch to order people like Hannity to confess and apologize publicly on air on behalf of Fox News or face dismissal. I suspect Murdoch is likely to try something to mitigate his losses, which could be large. Any other ideas?
While I have no idea what Murdoch might do, I would suggest that his concerns are not about the obvious (i.e. whether or not he pays Dominion $1.6 billion). He's interested in the long-term viability of his network. If he pays $1.6 billion but gets the MAGA folks to see FOX as being unfairly targeted he wins bigly. On the other hand, even if the sum is greatly reduced, if the network is opened up to more lawsuits or required to change its MO (i.e. can't spew lies and propaganda without consequence) and is seen as giving in to the deep state/woke mob/mainstream media by its viewers, then it's only a matter of time until it is a shell of its former self. Like I said, I have no idea what his game plan is, but I'll bet that his victory conditions are something similar to the above.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

I don't think that a public apology by Hannity and his comrades on behalf of Fox will amount to much, if anything.

If there is to be an apology, it needs to be from Hannity himself. He needs to fess up. He needs to explain why he promoted these lies. He needs to say that his show was condoned and encouraged by Murdoch, but in the end, it was his decision to carry the bullshit as far as he did. Then he needs to be contrite, remorseful, and regret that maybe his promotion of the lies contributed to the Jan. 6 insurrection while showing some of the more disgusting videos--not the whitewashed version that Cucker Tarlson will share on his show.

But that ain't a gonna happen. Murdoch would rather stick needles in his eyes than to have anyone on his network--especially the money makers--tell the truth for once. Murdoch will just chalk up whatever monetary penalty is decided as a cost of doing business. And nothing will change until ratings suffer.

The rubes and followers of Fox News probably don't even know who Rupert Murdoch and his kids are. And they don't care as long as Fox presents the world through an extreme right-wing lens.

Remember his deposition comment about it wasn't red or blue, but it was green? That is all that anyone needs to know about ole Rupert.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/i ... n-lawsuit/
Fox News host Maria Bartiromo didn’t knowingly lie about Dominion Voting Systems swinging the election for President Joe Biden because she still entertains Donald Trump’s conspiracy theories “to this day,” the network said in a new defense brief.

“I’m not sure what to think,” Bartiromo wrote in an email to Dominion’s chief spokesman Salvatore “Tony” Fratto on Nov. 20, 2020.

Bartiromo’s ambivalence has endured, as the host “expressed uncertainty even to this day about what exactly happened in the election,” Fox News says. Dominion has been pursuing a $1.6 billion lawsuit against Fox, which is readying for a trial date in April. The network’s evidence of Bartiromo’s state of mind goes to the legal standard of actual malice, which would force Dominion to prove that Bartiromo either knowingly lied or acted with reckless disregard for the truth in airing 2020 election conspiracy theories.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Was she getting the emails/texts saying they knew it was a lie?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Does she consider herself a journalist or something else? Does she ever do research on her own and then present the research to her viewers to allow them to form their opinions?

Just more weak sauce from Fox.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Nicolle Wallace says they're expecting more Dominion exhibits any minute now. :popcorn:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

:lol: Dunford is going to be so upset, he was so tight with The Squid --

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Kendra wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:17 pm Nicolle Wallace says they're expecting more Dominion exhibits any minute now. :popcorn:
This?

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... -complaint
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

GG, that's the original complaint -- what got filed today were (redacted) exhibits. It's a wild 23 pages. reporters are quoting parts of it all over Twitter (it was released tonight) but I hunted for the filing and it's at https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... hibits.pdf.

The exhibit with the group text of Hannity, Carlson & Ingraham is nuts. They joke about moving to Florida to live with Tucker and do a reality show. It is absolutely clear in this filing they knew exactly what they were doing.
OrlyLicious 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 1m
#DominionVsFoxNews #DominionLawsuit Dominion's new filing of exhibits you've seen quoted on Twitter are a wild 23 pages and here: https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... hibits.pdf Rupert's email address isn't redacted, Tucker is a whiny b---- & calls Sidney Powell that, group texts... they knew the lies.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Kendra wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:11 am https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/i ... n-lawsuit/
Fox News host Maria Bartiromo didn’t knowingly lie about Dominion Voting Systems swinging the election for President Joe Biden because she still entertains Donald Trump’s conspiracy theories “to this day,” the network said in a new defense brief.

“I’m not sure what to think,” Bartiromo wrote in an email to Dominion’s chief spokesman Salvatore “Tony” Fratto on Nov. 20, 2020.

Bartiromo’s ambivalence has endured, as the host “expressed uncertainty even to this day about what exactly happened in the election,” Fox News says. Dominion has been pursuing a $1.6 billion lawsuit against Fox, which is readying for a trial date in April. The network’s evidence of Bartiromo’s state of mind goes to the legal standard of actual malice, which would force Dominion to prove that Bartiromo either knowingly lied or acted with reckless disregard for the truth in airing 2020 election conspiracy theories.

are they admitting that she is bat shit crazy? She sounds like it the few times I have had the unfortunate experience to hear her.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Apparently, there are 6,500 new pages (lots of redactions) released tonight. Can't find the base file. Maybe if someone has Pacer they can look for the docket entry and we can see if it's on Court Listener.

MSN carries WaPo stories and they are doing live updates on the revelations, the stuff is wild. Check them out here:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/live- ... r-AA18kxI5

From what I understand, unless there's summary judgment for either side, we're looking at a 5 week trial in April. No idea if it'll be televised, maybe somebody can look into that.

What a ride it'll be if it's going to trial.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️🥥🌴✅

Post by poplove »

orlylicious wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:08 am Apparently, there are 6,500 new pages (lots of redactions) released tonight. Can't find the base file. Maybe if someone has Pacer they can look for the docket entry and we can see if it's on Court Listener.

MSN carries WaPo stories and they are doing live updates on the revelations, the stuff is wild. Check them out here:

From what I understand, unless there's summary judgment for either side, we're looking at a 5 week trial in April. No idea if it'll be televised, maybe somebody can look into that.

I tried to find the Dominion v. Fox on the Courtlistener RECAP archive but I don't see it. There's a bunch of Dominion v. Lindell, Guiliani, Powell, My Pillow and several Lindell v. Dominion and most have been dismissed.
tek

Post by tek »

One of the commenters on Nichole's show last night opined that Dominion does not want summary judgement in their favor, nor do they want a settlement. They WANT this to go to trial. They WANT to get these assholes on the stand and drag them through the mud.

Not sure I agree, but seems plausible.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

tek wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:07 am One of the commenters on Nichole's show last night opined that Dominion does not want summary judgement in their favor, nor do they want a settlement. They WANT this to go to trial. They WANT to get these assholes on the stand and drag them through the mud.

Not sure I agree, but seems plausible.
I don't know if that is their strategy or not, but to this IANAL, it seems like a good one.

A summary judgement won't do them much good. Their reputation has been seriously tarnished. They need Fox and their employees to very publicly testify, under oath, that they knew full well that what they were saying was untrue.

Then, Dominion needs an enormous judgement, not a settlement. If Fox agreed to a settlement, no matter how large, they could claim that they simply decided that the cost of litigation was greater than the settlement, but that they did nothing wrong. A judgement is a court ruling that, yes, they did, in fact, do something very wrong.

The sad part is that, while a huge judgement might go a long way to make Dominion whole, it won't do much, if anything, to make American democracy whole.

A verdict in favor of Dominion, and in the other cases against Lindell, Powell, Dobbs, et al, will be spun by the right wing (and probably on Fox News) as proof positive of the corruption of the justice system.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Post by Foggy »

After the documents were released Tuesday, Fox accused Dominion of “distortions and misinformation in their PR campaign to smear Fox News and trample on free speech and freedom of the press. We already know they will say and do anything to try to win this case, but to twist and even misattribute quotes to the highest levels of our company is truly beyond the pale.”

Source: WaPo
HAY NAO!

Dominion is using real words, that mean things! No fair! No fair at all! :fingerwag:
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

poplove wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:49 am
orlylicious wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:08 am Apparently, there are 6,500 new pages (lots of redactions) released tonight. Can't find the base file. Maybe if someone has Pacer they can look for the docket entry and we can see if it's on Court Listener.

I tried to find the Dominion v. Fox on the Courtlistener RECAP archive but I don't see it. There's a bunch of Dominion v. Lindell, Guiliani, Powell, My Pillow and several Lindell v. Dominion and most have been dismissed.
It’s in state court, Delaware
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Well, here's one scenario...

Lachlan gets fired the day Rupert dies’: Murdoch biography stokes succession rumors

James, Elisabeth, and Prudence might take MurdochNet all woke and stuff.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Fox Producer Says She Was Set Up in Dominion Case
The producer, Abby Grossberg, said in a pair of lawsuits that the effort to place blame on her and Maria Bartiromo, the Fox Business host, was rooted in rampant misogyny and discrimination at the company.

A Fox News producer who has worked with the hosts Maria Bartiromo and Tucker Carlson filed lawsuits against the company in New York and Delaware on Monday, accusing Fox lawyers of coercing her into giving misleading testimony in the continuing legal battle around the network’s coverage of unfounded claims about election fraud.

The producer, Abby Grossberg, said Fox lawyers had tried to position her and Ms. Bartiromo to take the blame for Fox’s repeated airing of conspiracy theories about Dominion Voting Systems and its supposed role in manipulating the results of the 2020 presidential election. Dominion has filed a $1.6 billion defamation suit against Fox. Ms. Grossberg said the effort to place blame on her and Ms. Bartiromo was rooted in rampant misogyny and discrimination at the network.
:snippity:
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/20/busi ... sberg.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Luke

Post by Luke »

Yeah, right. Abby's been booking for Tucker, she knows damn well it was all BS. Nobody forced the words out of her mouth. And everybody knew Fox News was misogynist central (see: Ailes, Roger).
The network’s disregard for women, Ms. Grossberg alleged, left her and Ms. Bartiromo understaffed — stretched too thin to properly vet the truthfulness of claims made against Dominion on the air. At times, Ms. Grossberg said, she was the only full-time employee dedicated solely to Ms. Bartiromo’s Sunday-morning show.

In her complaints, Ms. Grossberg accuses lawyers for Fox News of coaching her in “a coercive and intimidating manner” before her September deposition in the Dominion case. The lawyers, she said, gave her the impression that she had to avoid mentioning prominent male executives and on-air talent to protect them from any blame, while putting her own reputation at risk. “That’s what the culture is there,” Ms. Grossberg said in an interview on Monday evening. “They don’t respect or value women.”

On Monday afternoon, Fox filed its own suit against Ms. Grossberg, seeking to enjoin her from filing claims that would shed light on her discussions with the company’s lawyers. A judge has not yet ruled on Fox’s suit. Later on Monday, according to her lawyer, Parisis G. Filippatos, Fox also placed Ms. Grossberg on forced administrative leave.

Ms. Grossberg’s lawsuits were filed in the Southern District of New York and in Superior Court in Delaware, where a pretrial hearing in the Dominion defamation lawsuit is scheduled for Tuesday.
According to the lawsuits filed by Ms. Grossberg, Fox superiors called Ms. Bartiromo a “crazy bitch” who was “menopausal” and asked Ms. Grossberg to cut the host out of coverage discussions.

Fox Rats Flee Sinking Ship.jpg
Fox Rats Flee Sinking Ship.jpg (9.33 KiB) Viewed 846 times
Luke

Post by Luke »

Here is Fox News' panicked TRO filing, interesting. https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... sc-and-tro

Hope I can speak for all Fogbowzers when sincerely posting on Twitter: :dance:
🎇 Happy "Dominion vs. Fox News" $1.6 billion Defamation Lawsuit Hearing Day, Fox News! 🥳 Thanks for a beautiful pre-party filing of a TRO against your #MariaBartaromo / #TuckerCarlson booker employee, #AbbyGrossberg. What a great time to be on the #FoxNews Megayacht! #Dominion

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”