Hijack This Thread

MN-Skeptic

Hijack This Thread

Post by MN-Skeptic »

MsDaisy wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:28 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:23 pm Is hazel considered green? Both Sprout and the mr have beautiful hazel eyes.
No green eyes are solid green, I got mine from my dad.
https://owlcation.com/stem/The-Differen ... Hazel-Eyes
Thanks for the link to that article.

My dad definitely had blue eyes. My mom always called her eyes hazel. I've always called my eyes brown, but I knew that when I looked closely at them they are just brown around the center and blue on the outer half of the irises. So I guess, according to that article, I have hazel eyes. I'm not going to change my driver's license at this point of my life.
Azastan
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Azastan »

MsDaisy wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:13 pm How many of Fogbowers out there have green eyes? I do, I got them from my Dad. My mom & sister both had brown. I take notice of eye color in people that I meet, but I very rarely encounter another green-eyed soul. Do we have any others here?
I do.

My father had brown eyes, mother had blue. Two siblings had blue eyes, two of us had brown, two of us had green.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Hijack This Thread

Post by keith »

OH MAN I'M FREAKING OUT HERE DUDES!

I just got a message from my Mom saying she is stuck in the grocery store with the wrong credit card! She needs 350 dollars right NOW.

Its cool, I can loan her the money, and anyway I'm sure she'll pay it right back as soon as she gets home, but I now I have a real serious question.

What I want to know is how in bloody hell did she get out of that damn casket, climb through 6 feet of dirt, collect her credit cards that have been cancelled 15 years ago, from the house that has been sold 14 years ago, and then get a taxi to pick her up and take her to the grocery store.

I just for the life of me CANNOT figure out why she would want to do that - I mean she has never gone out in public in dirty clothes before. Never. Not once.

Why now for crying out loud?
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
MN-Skeptic

Hijack This Thread

Post by MN-Skeptic »

keith wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:23 am OH MAN I'M FREAKING OUT HERE DUDES!

I just got a message from my Mom saying she is stuck in the grocery store with the wrong credit card! She needs 350 dollars right NOW.

Its cool, I can loan her the money, and anyway I'm sure she'll pay it right back as soon as she gets home, but I now I have a real serious question.

What I want to know is how in bloody hell did she get out of that damn casket, climb through 6 feet of dirt, collect her credit cards that have been cancelled 15 years ago, from the house that has been sold 14 years ago, and then get a taxi to pick her up and take her to the grocery store.

I just for the life of me CANNOT figure out why she would want to do that - I mean she has never gone out in public in dirty clothes before. Never. Not once.

Preparing for Super Bowl Sunday?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

You really ought to use this unique opportunity to meet mom at the pearly gates. Does she want cash or Walmart gift cards? Or do they now use cryptocurrencies on the lofty clouds? ;)
MsDaisy
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by MsDaisy »

:snippity:
Scammers, I got a call after my handicapped sister died from some guy who said he had loaned her $500. a couple years before that she never paid back. I replied. "Yea right" and hung up the phone. I never heard back after that but it pissed me off that people would do that to other people who are grieving over a lost family member. :evil:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Hijack This Thread

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Keith, have you never heard of a Super Mom? :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Hijack This Thread

Ms.Daisy - Mom had green. Dad had blue. I have green. My brothers have blue and my sister has blue/green.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Sam the Centipede

Hijack This Thread

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Eye color: I doant kno wot they teech in skoolz now but eye color used to be taught as an example of simple dominant/recessive inheritance … spoiler, it ain't. Apparently that lesson occasionally caused issues when a class included a brown (or not-blue) child who had two blue-eyed natural parents, which is rare but genetically possible.

I vaguely recall reading a year or two ago that blue eyes are derived from a single coming ancestor, from a single occurrence. I don't know if that's generally accepted, but ancestry can be weird.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Rare Photos Reveal a Fake Rooftop Town Built to Hide Boeing’s Factory from Potential Japanese Air Strikes, 1944

Boeing-fake-rooftop-town-25 copy.jpg
Boeing-fake-rooftop-town-25 copy.jpg (106.49 KiB) Viewed 696 times

I'm not sure how successful this would have been considering the surrounding area is all industrial and, you know, an airport.

Much more at the link (the text for this appears to be lifted from the Boeing 2 wiki):

https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/boeing ... Jfj_pAUt8s
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
keith

Hijack This Thread

Post by keith »

I'm sticking this here until I figure out if it is anything more that a micro fake news grenade.

I opened up a browser on my phone and there was a story presented purporting to be from the Hearld Sun (Murdoch Melbourne). It didn't quite look right but whaddo I know.

Anyway the headline exclaimed that a bombshell investigation proved that the Nordstream pipeline was bombed by US Navy SEALS in a CIA/Pentagon plan ordered by Joe Bidon.

Since I can't find it anymore, and none else has a hint of it I assume it's a propaganda hit job, micro targeted so the suckers can scream censorship an bastardry.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
pipistrelle

Hijack This Thread

Post by pipistrelle »

keith wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:10 am I'm sticking this here until I figure out if it is anything more that a micro fake news grenade.

I opened up a browser on my phone and there was a story presented purporting to be from the Hearld Sun (Murdoch Melbourne). It didn't quite look right but whaddo I know.

Anyway the headline exclaimed that a bombshell investigation proved that the Nordstream pipeline was bombed by US Navy SEALS in a CIA/Pentagon plan ordered by Joe Bidon.

Since I can't find it anymore, and none else has a hint of it I assume it's a propaganda hit job, micro targeted so the suckers can scream censorship an bastardry.
This?
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
RTH10260

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

highly unlikely that the US would sabotage their NATO partner Germany.

re Hersh at Snopes:
His later work, however, has been controversial and widely panned by journalists for promoting conspiratorial claims that hinge on dubious anonymous sources or speculation.
ref https://www.snopes.com/news/2023/02/10/ ... -sabotage/
pipistrelle

Hijack This Thread

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:26 am highly unlikely that the US would sabotage their NATO partner Germany.

re Hersh at Snopes:
His later work, however, has been controversial and widely panned by journalists for promoting conspiratorial claims that hinge on dubious anonymous sources or speculation.
ref https://www.snopes.com/news/2023/02/10/ ... -sabotage/
Yep.
Nord Stream
In February 2023, in a post to Substack, Hersh claimed that the sabotage of the Nord Stream pipelines had been carried out by the US Navy, the CIA, and the Norwegian Navy, under the direct order of President Biden. Hersh's report relied on an anonymous source who stated that, in June 2022, US Navy divers placed explosive C4 charges on the pipelines at strategic locations selected by the Norwegians. The source said that charges were placed under the cover of a multi-nation wargame simulation known as BALTOPS 22, and remotely detonated three months later by a signal from a sonar buoy dropped by a Norwegian P-8 surveillance plane.[58][59]

Russia's foreign ministry spokesperson, Maria Zakharova, said the United States had questions to answer over its role in the explosions.[60] A spokesperson for the United States National Security Council said the report was "utterly false and complete fiction".[61] The CIA said the claims were "completely false", and this was also the reaction from the Norwegian Foreign Department.[62]

Danish analyst and security expert, Oliver Alexander, published a response on Substack. According to Alexander, Hersh wrote that NATO General Secretary Jens Stoltenberg had been cooperating with US intelligence services since the Vietnam war and has been cleared ever since, and that this was part of the reason why the U.S. involved Norway in the operation. Alexander said that, at the time the Vietnam war ended, Jens Stoltenberg was 16 years old and that, in his teens and early twenties, Stoltenberg participated in demonstrations against the U.S. and the Vietnam war and advocated for Norway leaving NATO.[63] Alexander said that, at the time of the incident, Norway had not started using its newly acquired P-8 surveillance planes and that no Norwegian P-8 plane had been in the area. Alexander said that the Norwegian P-8 surveillance planes are operated by the Norwegian Air Defence, not by the Norwegian Navy.[63]

Hersh's article said the U.S. divers who planted the explosives had operated from a Norwegian Alta-class minesweeper. The Norwegian Defence Forces said no Norwegian Alta-class mine sweepers had participated in BALTOPS 22 or were in the vicinity of the explosions during the exercise.[64]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seymour_Hersh
RTH10260

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

The University of Richmond Faces Request for $51 Million Refund of 132-Year-Old Donation

Ash Jurberg
1 day ago

In 1890 the estate of T.C. Williams Sr. gave the University of Richmond’s law school $25,000.

Williams had attended Richmond College, was a Richmond College trustee from 1881 until he died in 1889, and was a benefactor of the institution.

Eventually, the College named the law school after Williams, becoming the T.C. Williams School of Law in 1920. However, last year William's name was removed from the school, with the college saying that recently located public records showed his ownership of enslaved people.

“We do not know what documents they used to reach this decision. We have asked to see the complete files in regard to the denaming of T.C. Williams Sr. over 20 times.” Stuart Smith, a descendant of T.C. Williams Sr.

Now the family of Williams is seeking compensation citing the college has yet to prove that Williams was an enslaver or speak to his family since they removed his name from the law school. They are asking for $51 million from the college- calculated at 6 percent compound interest— of the initial $25,000 gift made in 1890.

Williams Sr. gave more than $65,000 to the college; when he died, he was the school’s largest benefactor. His son also made significant donations to the university — more than $350,000 between 1900 and 1929.

https://original.newsbreak.com/@ash-jur ... d-donation
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

When ol' Wifehorn and I owned the flower shop, lo these many moons ago, this day (12 Feb) was a time of utter absolute amazing crazy. We'd already be working 18 hour days and the shop was a madhouse. On the 13th, I'd leave the house at 4 a.m. because the deliveries were starting in earnest, and I was in charge of organizing them all, in addition to a thousand other things.

Believe it or not, that's the only thing I miss about the flower shop, is V-Day. :batting:
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Hijack This Thread

Hubby was wondering if the Bow had mentioned Seymour Hersh's article. He first read it on Hersh's substack. https://seymourhersh.substack.com/p/how ... ord-stream

He then saw Beau of the Fifth Column's video about it.

Hubby says there are lots of details, but no evidence.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

Preview of SB commercials

Sam the Centipede

Hijack This Thread

Post by Sam the Centipede »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:33 am
The University of Richmond Faces Request for $51 Million Refund of 132-Year-Old Donation
I don't know anything about the NewsBreak side but commenters on the article seem to be pro-racist saying that the college should compensate the family (as per the suit) if they drop the naming. A few point out that if the gift was unconditional there's no viable claim (lawfolk will undoubtedly point out if there are other issues in this type of case). And the fact that the guy's name has been there for many decades so he's had his publicity and reputation-washing doesn't seem to count for much.

Interesting notion, that the proceeds from slavery should be now go to the owning family rather than to the families of the exploited slaves – but that's exactly what the Brits did when they ended slavery, big money from government coffers to the white folk, none to the black folk.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:52 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:33 am
I don't know anything about the NewsBreak side but commenters on the article seem to be pro-racist saying that the college should compensate the family (as per the suit) if they drop the naming. A few point out that if the gift was unconditional there's no viable claim (lawfolk will undoubtedly point out if there are other issues in this type of case). And the fact that the guy's name has been there for many decades so he's had his publicity and reputation-washing doesn't seem to count for much.
From a different source:
https://richmond.com/news/local/educati ... 5b503.html
In the 1890s, the estate of T.C. Williams Sr. gave the University of Richmond’s law school $25,000. Eventually, UR named the school for Williams.

But last year, UR removed the name, citing Williams’ ownership of enslaved workers. And now his descendants are asking for their money back — with interest.

The family has asked for $51 million. Two members say the university has not provided documentation proving Williams’ ownership of enslaved people, and has not engaged the family in conversation.

A spokesperson for UR said the records are publicly available and that the university has not referred to the law school by Williams’ name in 20 years. :snippity:
That sounds to me like the original gift(s) were not restricted to Williams having naming right to the law school. :shrug:
keith

Hijack This Thread

Post by keith »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:19 am
This?
Yeah. I've since found the Herald Sun report again. I dont buy murdoch publications so I dont know what the physical rag is touting today.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Phoenix520 »

My memory tells me that Hersch was caught in a trap by deliberate misinformation (a Dugan-like ploy) some years ago and instead of acknowledging that he might have been the target of a campaign, he doubled down and was found to have been fooled. Now he’s paranoid and distrustful of everyone. He’s clearly lost his ability to tell the difference between truth and lie.

I don’t believe that any official US entity committed this act, for all the reasons others have mentioned. Mostly because I can’t see cui bono.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by MsDaisy »

Have More Sex, Please!
By Magdalene J. Taylor
Ms. Taylor is a writer covering sex and culture.

Sex is good. Sex is healthy. Sex is an essential part of our social fabric. And you — specifically — should probably be having more of it.

Americans, in the midst of a loneliness epidemic, are not having enough sex. Across almost every demographic group, American adults old and young, single and coupled, rich and poor are having less sex than they have had at any point in at least the past three decades.

Sex isn’t the sole form of fulfilling human interaction and certainly isn’t a salve for loneliness in all forms. Still, it should be seen as a critical part of our social well-being, not an indulgence or an afterthought. This is in large part because the rise in loneliness closely parallels a decline in sex. More than a quarter of Americans hadn’t had sex even once in the past year the last time the General Social Survey asked, in 2021. It was the highest such level of sexlessness in the survey’s history.

That figure includes almost 30 percent of men under 30, a figure that has tripled since 2008. In the 1990s, about half of Americans were having sex weekly or more — that figure is now under 40 percent. For many who are having sex, the frequency has dropped precipitously. And it’s not just sex: Partnership and cohabitation are down, too. Less time spent with friends and lovers — these aren’t distinct issues but symptoms of the same cultural malaise, an isolation that is demolishing Americans’ social lives, love lives and happiness.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/13/opin ... =share-url
pipistrelle

Hijack This Thread

Post by pipistrelle »

I'm subscribed to 45 pages worth of individual topics...
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

Seek professional help before it ... umm, it might already be too late. Never mind. :towel:
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Return to “General Stuff”