Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by AndyinPA »

I had read somewhere that since there was no real transition, this was done pretty late and haphazardly.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by northland10 »

noblepa wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:55 pm
Foggy wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:08 pm So the motherfucker was given multiple chances, and explicitly told that the documents belonged to the government, and warned repeatedly that it might result in criminal charges if he kept them ... and he decided to keep them anyway, in yet another giant fuck-you to the United States of America.

Kinda makes ya wonder why it was so important to steal those particular documents from the government. :think:
It may not be quite that sinister. It may just be a case of a 75 year toddler throwing a tantrum and screaming "MINE, MINE, MINE!".

I'm sure that he honestly (if that word can be used in conjunction with Donald Trump) believes that the documents were his to take. After all, he was the President! I think he may have refused to return them because that would be admitting that he did not have the right/authority to take them. It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't even know the contents of the documents.
:yeahthat:
101010 :towel:
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

I want to know who put him up to it. I can never believe he was clever enough to realize the money he could make but somebody around him must have been. The person needed the documents in MAL so they could be easily passed on. What I don't understand is why the documents still exist. Why not just shred them?
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Chilidog wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:32 pm
this is on my spotify list. i played for my son who was unfamiliar with it. he enjoyed it, even though most of the cultural references went over his head.

I haven't heard this in years. It still sends chills down my spine. See also, "B-Movie" and "Whitey's on the Moon".
much ado

Post by much ado »

PaulG wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:49 am I want to know who put him up to it. I can never believe he was clever enough to realize the money he could make but somebody around him must have been. The person needed the documents in MAL so they could be easily passed on. What I don't understand is why the documents still exist. Why not just shred them?
Perhaps because they are still worth something to enemies of the US who have not yet seen them? But it would make sense to digitize them and destroy the originals or just give the originals back... So yes, it seems stupid.

Does the name, Miller, come to mind? I don't know who. There are so many candidates in Trump's circle.
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

northland10 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:14 pm
noblepa wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:55 pm

It may not be quite that sinister. It may just be a case of a 75 year toddler throwing a tantrum and screaming "MINE, MINE, MINE!".

I'm sure that he honestly (if that word can be used in conjunction with Donald Trump) believes that the documents were his to take. After all, he was the President! I think he may have refused to return them because that would be admitting that he did not have the right/authority to take them. It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't even know the contents of the documents.
:yeahthat:
Exactly. This is the same ignoramus who asked why he couldn’t just nuke other countries. :roll:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

PaulG wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:49 am I want to know who put him up to it. I can never believe he was clever enough to realize the money he could make but somebody around him must have been. The person needed the documents in MAL so they could be easily passed on. What I don't understand is why the documents still exist. Why not just shred them?
That’s the reason the DOJ wants to see the surveillance tapes, IMO.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I think he's smart enough to be opportunistic and to recognize that documents can have value. Jared certainly is.

Remember this is the guy for whom we have no record of certain conversations with certain Russians.

He's not intelligent but he has a certain level of cunning.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Guys, I really don't think he was going to sell them. He had those documents for a year and a half. If he was going to sell them he would have done so and then innocently given them back after he had them copied and sold. Once sold they would have no more value. And documents have a very short half life in terms of value. Secrets get out of date fast.

I think He took them to strike back at the government that humiliated him, to make himself the Alpha male again. His history is full of these acts of petty revenge against people who have knocked himself off that pedestal in his head in order to get his bigger cheeseness back. Yes this is completely irrational, but the man is insane.

It is also possible He also might have used them to try and keep himself looking good to Vladimir Putin because "if a big man is his friend that means he is a big man."
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Yeah, but Jared would sell them in a heartbeat.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:51 am Yeah, but Jared would sell them in a heartbeat.
Oh, absolutely.
Hic sunt dracones
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Because he has someone in his staff that has a brain and knows not to destroy documents that may have to produce someday.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Suranis wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:45 am Guys, I really don't think he was going to sell them. He had those documents for a year and a half. If he was going to sell them he would have done so and then innocently given them back after he had them copied and sold. Once sold they would have no more value. And documents have a very short half life in terms of value. Secrets get out of date fast.

I think He took them to strike back at the government that humiliated him, to make himself the Alpha male again. His history is full of these acts of petty revenge against people who have knocked himself off that pedestal in his head in order to get his bigger cheeseness back. Yes this is completely irrational, but the man is insane.

It is also possible He also might have used them to try and keep himself looking good to Vladimir Putin because "if a big man is his friend that means he is a big man."
Shorter version in three words or less: He's a narcissist. They do that.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

His stalwarts sycophants will love it, but he will lose more fence riders.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

This lawyer is really, really terrible. She’s admitting on TV that she really has no idea who or how many people had access to the room where the classified documents were. She’ll have to “check with” Trump 😬
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Who would have thought it, a padlock is all that is needed to secure national secrets. :thumbsup:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Uninformed wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:15 am Who would have thought it, a padlock is all that is needed to secure national secrets. :thumbsup:
And didn't she say something about the janitor having a key?

A new conspiracy. My head hurts. Jenna Ellis says the fact that CNN wasn’t there when the warrant was executed shows that the FBI’s plan was to keep the search secret so the public would never know it even happened, but Trump outed them on Truth Social.
:roll:

Dear Leader, we really, really need a moving the goalpost emoji if it isn't too much trouble :batting:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

THREAD: What should we make of today's news that the FBI is asking former Trump administration officials whether they've heard of the supposed "standing order" declassifying documents?
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Kendra wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:33 am
Uninformed wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:15 am Who would have thought it, a padlock is all that is needed to secure national secrets. :thumbsup:
And didn't she say something about the janitor having a key?

https: //twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1560413900960587778
A new conspiracy. My head hurts. Jenna Ellis says the fact that CNN wasn’t there when the warrant was executed shows that the FBI’s plan was to keep the search secret so the public would never know it even happened, but Trump outed them on Truth Social.
:roll:

Dear Leader, we really, really need a moving the goalpost emoji if it isn't too much trouble :batting:
Cuz the media need to be present at all search warrants, raids (no knock et al), famous people with political clout or otherwise, etc to prove there is no conspiracy of bias on the part of law enforcement.

Imma thinkin that might be change we can all agree on. If nothing else, all those police cams need to be live streamed. Thank God for 5G. Praise Jesus.
bob

Post by bob »

THREAD: What should we make of today's news that the FBI is asking former Trump administration officials whether they've heard of the supposed "standing order" declassifying documents?
Executive summary: Because lying to the FBI is a ("just a process") crime, it encourages them to be honest. And it locks in their story, to deter going sideways at trial.
Image ImageImage
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

noblepa wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:54 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:23 pm More nonsense.
TFG still doesn't get it, that "Executive Priviledge" belongs to a SITTING president, not a former one.

He simply doesn't have any executive priviledge.
And that still ignores the time line. The National Archives were trying to get him to return the documents for several months before the Jan 6 committee was even FORMED.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Suranis wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:45 am Guys, I really don't think he was going to sell them. He had those documents for a year and a half. If he was going to sell them he would have done so and then innocently given them back after he had them copied and sold. Once sold they would have no more value. And documents have a very short half life in terms of value. Secrets get out of date fast.
Of course Trump would use these documents for personal gain. He especially would trade the information contained in them for personal favors. He loves people owing him favors. And I see no reason why he would ever voluntarily give important documents back. He feels entitled to hang on to every document associated with him. Trump really, really does not understand that he was merely an individual holding a four year term in office and all of the documents associated with that term belong to the office of the President, not to him personally. With his businesses, the businesses are HIM. That simply does not apply to the job he filled for four years. Basically, for four years he was a temporary employee. And now his former employer wants its documents back.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

:lol: :rotflmao: :lol: :lol:

ETA-- I "think" this is to the tune of Bette Davis Eyes ( Kim Carnes ) :think:

Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Keith Olbermann brought back Countdown as a podcast a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday he was discussing the possibility that the documents Trump was hoarding included ones having to do with the Mueller investigation. Trump appointed Kash Patel as his liaison to NARA. Patel had said openly that he planned to find classified documents at NARA on the Mueller investigation that were helpful to Trump and release them after claiming Trump had declassified them.
August 19, 2022 • 45 min

DID TRUMP STEAL THE MUELLER INVESTIGATION DOCUMENTS TOO?

A BLOCK (0:00) We know the FBI suspects Trump purloined documents relating to nuclear weapons (0:35) but now it looks like he may have also taken stuff from boxes figuratively marked "MUELLER" (0:49) because his lackey Kash Patel has left a trail of interviews in which he has promised to go into the National Archives, take all the "Russia-Gate" and impeachment documents, and publicly release them (1:55) Judge Reinhart promises partial release of the search warrant affidavit (2:55) and Ryan Goodman and Laura Rozen of "Just Security" saw the connection (3:07) the infamous John Solomon is named one of Trump's reps to the Archives (3:37) and Patel is named the other one (6:24) Patel began telling interviewers, on the record, of his plan in MAY (7:40) ABC News made the linkage too (8:58) If Trump and/or the documents at Mar-A-Lago are at all connected to the Patel scheme, it may trigger espionage charges against Trump (9:55) Goodman notes one document released Thursday reveals DOJ got the search warrant on the premise that the Mar-A-Lago stash included EVIDENCE OF A CRIME (10:57) meanwhile Trump world is looking for the rat who talked to DOJ and even suspecting family members, when DOJ could easily have figured all this because Kash Patel has been opening his big kazoo for four months!
https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1119-cou ... 101067003/

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”