Alex Jones - Alexander Emerick Jones "I’m so sick of fu*king Tr*mp*"

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
Patagoniagirl

Re: Alex Jones - Alexander Emerick Jones "I’m so sick of fu*king Tr*mp*"

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Hily Shitah! I missed today's proceedings. This is better than Ironsides!
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Ok. I'm going to go out on a limb and say there is no way that the defense accidentally sent an entire database to opposing council. That must be a massive chunk of Data, one you would not simply toss into an email. He did it deliberately. Which mean that Jones must be such an unbelievable piece of slime that the defense decided to torpedo his career to sink him, as the defense simply could not stand Jones anymore.

Good grief.
Hic sunt dracones
realist

Post by realist »

Suranis wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:58 pm Ok. I'm going to go out on a limb and say there is no way that the defense accidentally sent an entire database to opposing council. That must be a massive chunk of Data, one you would not simply toss into an email. He did it deliberately. Which mean that Jones must be such an unbelievable piece of slime that the defense decided to torpedo his career to sink him, as the defense simply could not stand Jones anymore.

Good grief.
Actually, accidental disclosure happens, not frequently, but it does happen. The shocking thing here is, once defense was notified of the disclosure they did nothing to protect it.
Image X 4
Image X 32
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:27 pm Question.
Can a jury member ask questions, i assume during questioning of a witness? Is this something special in a civil law suit?
From reading the twitter followers, it sound like this is a Texas thing. The jurors submit the questions but the judge decides which ones can be asked.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

This Twitter thread explains about the phone leak.

Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Actually, accidental disclosure happens, not frequently, but it does happen. The shocking thing here is, once defense was notified of the disclosure they did nothing to protect it.
Nor apparently did they inform their client. Both of these things, to me, argue ‘not accidental’.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Ya, that explains it. Thanks guys.

And makes the lawyer look even worse to me.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Question:
In a civil case can the defendant request a fresh trial due to bad attorney representation?
Like the attorney intentionally leaked the information to sink the case?

Of course the perjury charges (to come) will still stick)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Very much looking forward to Alex Jones, one of the biggest supporters of Wikileaks and the Podesta leak and the Hunter Biden leak, becoming a leading proponent of email privacy laws.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:34 pm Question:
In a civil case can the defendant request a fresh trial due to bad attorney representation?

Well he was already found guilty. This is just to figure out how much the families are awarded.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:40 pm

Well he was already found guilty. This is just to figure out how much the families are awarded.
I noticed earlier in the thread he was talking about being convicted without a jury even though he'd been told not to say that. Did he have a bench trial? If so, was it by his choice?
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:40 pm

Well he was already found guilty liable. This is just to figure out how much the families are awarded.
FIFY
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
bob

Post by bob »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:42 pm I noticed earlier in the thread he was talking about being convicted without a jury even though he'd been told not to say that. Did he have a bench trial? If so, was it by his choice?
IIRC, the judge entered default against Jones for disobeying the discovery orders. So this trial is just to determine the amount of damages.
Image ImageImage
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

bob wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:52 pm
Kriselda Gray wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:42 pm I noticed earlier in the thread he was talking about being convicted without a jury even though he'd been told not to say that. Did he have a bench trial? If so, was it by his choice?
IIRC, the judge entered default against Jones for disobeying the discovery orders. So this trial is just to determine the amount of damages.
Ok, I got it. Thanks!!
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

I have to admit I did not think it was humanly possible to feel as much schadenfreude as I have been feeling reading the last few days of catch-up articles and twitter feeds ... and then I started watching the livestream of the Plaintiff attorney's closing arguments. Alas, my bedtime is in 30 minutes so I won't be able to hear the Jones' team just shrug and go 'we got nothin'' in the drawn out, bombastic way I expect will happen.

And yet I can't be sad about it, because at this time, my joy level is full up to the brim.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

neeneko wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:28 pm Damn, getting to this one late. I hope they repost the stream later so I can watch from the begining.
Ya might try here. Law&Crime Network on YouTube has 34 of them, better quality than the court feed. The even have Jones’ lawyer flipping off the plaintiffs.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
realist

Post by realist »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:06 pm
Can a jury member ask questions, i assume during questioning of a witness? Is this something special in a civil law suit?
From reading the twitter followers, it sound like this is a Texas thing. The jurors submit the questions but the judge decides which ones can be asked.
Not just a TX thing. I served in a state court jury in NM in a civil suit and it was exactly the same procedure.
Image X 4
Image X 32
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

This is a good time to bake, Ben-Prime.
My word, what is this dark and vaguely sinister-looking pie you see before you? Well, I’ll tell you. It’s the world’s first Schadenfreude Pie, the pie to enjoy while you are reveling in the horrible misfortunes of others.
https://whatever.scalzi.com/2006/09/26/ ... e-pie/?amp

I made it after the Scooter Libby trial. It’s everything he says it is. :lol:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

This is from yesterday. Jones clearly wasn’t listening.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

79614ED8-F565-4B58-AFF8-DF29DA99B1BE.jpeg
79614ED8-F565-4B58-AFF8-DF29DA99B1BE.jpeg (51.29 KiB) Viewed 859 times
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

comments by Farron Cousins

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

will that digital copy get subpoenaed by the J6 committee?
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

realist wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:54 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:06 pm
Not just a TX thing. I served in a state court jury in NM in a civil suit and it was exactly the same procedure.
We also have it in the military. I can’t tell you how many cases I’ve had where the witness never mentioned the Bad Fact through direct and cross examination, then when the military judge asked the members if they have any questions, here it comes.

Sometimes the Bad Fact works against us and sometimes it’s bad for the government. But juries (who are paying attention) can be insightful.

ETA: In our system, the juror writes the question on a form, which is passed to the prosecution and defense to write their objection/non-objection. Sometimes the jury gets sent back to the deliberation room while they discuss the objection in open court. If the judge sustains the objection, the jury will be instructed that the judge sustained an objection and they shouldn’t speculate about it, and they must just accept that there was a legal reason why the question couldn’t be asked.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Greatgrey wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:47 pm
neeneko wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:28 pm Damn, getting to this one late. I hope they repost the stream later so I can watch from the begining.
Ya might try here. Law&Crime Network on YouTube has 34 of them, better quality than the court feed. The even have Jones’ lawyer flipping off the plaintiffs.
Oh yikes. Thanks for the link, that was not a channel I knew about, but wow is this gonna be a lot to watch! which should be entertaining if I do.

Return to “Other weirdos”