TRUTH SOCIAL #PRAVDASOCIAL & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) NASDAQ:DJT - SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Sam the Centipede

TRUTH SOCIAL #PRAVDASOCIAL & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) NASDAQ:DJT - SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Indeed! The adage "a fool and his money are soon parted" is almost a guiding principle for the Trump's brigade of clueless clowns.

I sometimes feel sympathy for victims of sophistcated scams targeting people's weak points, even when they should know better, but when nasty-minded folk greedily plunge into an obvious trap, screaming "it's not what it seems!", no. Screw them.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Yeah - it's a cult. Why buy now and expect the price to rise when it's clear from the get-go that Teh Donald will flood the market with his shares as soon as he legally can. :doh:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

It’s a Hail Mary pass. They are going to save the stock and Amerikuh!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
tek

Post by tek »

This is a :pickle:
The more money the rubes fans throw at $DJT, the less available for direct grifting.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

$DJT ---> the Letters Of Indulgence of the 21st century :biggrin:
Tiredretiredlawyer

tek wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:45 am This is a :pickle:
The more money the rubes fans throw at $DJT, the less available for direct grifting.
Does that mean it’s Schroedinger’s stock? In his left pocket or in his right pocket? Just took some drugs. This might not make sense.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:00 am
tek wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:45 am This is a :pickle:
Does that mean it’s Schroedinger’s stock? In his left pocket or in his right pocket? Just took some drugs. This might not make sense.
At this point, Trump cannot sell the stock (of which I understand he owns 57%). Those who buy the stock are putting money in the pockets of those who can.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Wellllll, my understanding is that the board (which includes toadies like Don Jr.) could grant him a waiver on the lockup.

But, flooding all those shares will make the stock plunge even further. Unless he totally cashes out, what will be left will be decimated. However, that may be happening even without his selling shares. Flash forward to when the 6-month lockup ends... like near the election... and as Madeline Kahn said, "Everything below the waist is KAPUT". That's going to look soooo good to shareholders and voters. Note Root Beer's reaction in my profile photo -- that about covers it.

We'll know more when we find out what's up with his NY bond -- if the ripoff subsprime car loan dude's company is blown out, he may not have a choice.

It's all madness. And a :pickle:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Tiredretiredlawyer

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Luke wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:35 am Wellllll, my understanding is that the board (which includes toadies like Don Jr.) could grant him a waiver on the lockup.
I agree that the board could grant a waiver of the lockup agreement, but I don’t think that eliminates the Rule 144 restrictions on sales by affiliates. Because Trump owns more than 10% of the stock in a public company, he is considered an affiliate.

In each QUARTER, affiliates can sell the GREATER of 1% of the outstanding stock or the average weekly trading volume over the prior four weeks. If the 1% limitation applied, Trump would have to dispose of the stock over 12 years (48 quarters) before he got out from under the affiliate restrictions, i.e. his stock ownership fell below 10%. If the trading volume is high, Trump could sell his shares somewhat sooner.

The trading volume relative to the total outstanding shares has been very high recently, averaging 8 million shares a day (compared to 136.7 million shares outstanding) over the last 10 days. If trading volume remains at that level (which I do not think is likely), Trump may be able to cash out much earlier, i.e., within a couple of quarters. Otherwise, Trump will have to sell over a longer time horizon. As you aptly point out, dumping a large percentage of the outstanding shares on the market will not maximize return, though it may allow Trump to capture some value before the stock retreats to where its fundamentals indicate it should be.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I wonder if the appeals to maga to buy the stock are an attempt to propose he can get some value out of the stock in 6 months time.

I mean I can see him attempting it, but even he has to realise that won't last 6 months.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Luke wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:35 am Wellllll, my understanding is that the board (which includes toadies like Don Jr.) could grant him a waiver on the lockup.
:snippity:
iirc none of the T clan is any longer in any capacity but shareholder on TMTG.
tek

Post by tek »

Devin G. Nunes Chief Executive Officer and Director
Eric Swider Director
Donald J. Trump, Jr. Director
Kashyap “Kash” Patel Director
W. Kyle Green Independent Director
Robert Lighthizer Independent Director
Linda McMahon Independent Director
https://ir.tmtgcorp.com/corporate-gover ... directors/
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

https://wapo.st/4ayuwJl

free link
Small-time investors in Trump’s Truth Social reckon with stock collapse
Some Trump supporters who invested in his social media company have seen their share values plunge -— and see it as a test of faith
By Drew Harwell April 14, 2024

Jerry Dean McLain first bet on former president Donald Trump’s Truth Social two years ago, buying into the Trump company’s planned merger partner, Digital World Acquisition, at $90 a share. Over time, as the price changed, he kept buying, amassing hundreds of shares for $25,000 — pretty much his “whole nest egg,” he said.

That nest egg has lost about half its value in the past two weeks as Trump Media & Technology Group’s share price dropped from $66 after its public debut last month to $32 on Friday. But McLain, 71, who owns a tree-removal service outside Oklahoma City, said he’s not worried. If anything, he wants to buy more.

“I know good and well it’s in Trump’s hands, and he’s got plans,” he said. “I have no doubt it’s going to explode sometime.”
realist

Post by realist »

“I know good and well it’s in Trump’s hands, and he’s got plans,”
But it's not a cult.
Image X 4
Image X 32
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Thanks for the details, jcolvin!
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:33 am
Hidden Content
Bring it on!

Though you'll have to compete with Kim and Melania... at "The Happiest Place on Earth" --

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 18h
Replying to @marlene4719

Berghof-A-Lago*: "The Happiest Place on Earth"
melania.JPG
melania.JPG (56.21 KiB) Viewed 520 times

Kim.JPG
Kim.JPG (59.35 KiB) Viewed 520 times

* Bonus points if you know what Berghof is. :P
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Marlene Robertson wrote:
We call them "fans" now?
Yes. You can find them on OnlyFans.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

:confuzzled: :confuzzled: :confuzzled:

i has questions

IMG_1814.jpeg
IMG_1814.jpeg (77.96 KiB) Viewed 463 times
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

the new elvira/ cryptkeeper show really sucks.

IMG_1815.jpeg
IMG_1815.jpeg (79.16 KiB) Viewed 461 times
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Hidden Content
Hidden Content
101010 :towel:
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Her kidney operation was a bit one sided!

Just another reason for her to be unhappy
.. so sad :S
Tiredretiredlawyer

northland10 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:26 pm
Hidden Content
Hidden Content
:rotflmao:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Off Topic
Hidden Content
Hidden Content
How good at you at her Empress Nympho (History of the World Part I), though? That's the real test.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Luke

Post by Luke »

:dance:

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Ben-Prime wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:23 am
Off Topic
Hidden Content
Hidden Content
How good at you at her Empress Nympho (History of the World Part I), though? That's the real test.
:callonme:
► Show Spoiler
If they tell you I fell off the bed and hung myself, I didn't.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”